FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > 14 days

14 days

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *en474 OP   Man  over a year ago

antrim

Just been announced that Spain are copying England and doing a 14 lock down on all tourist coming through airport, so that means 7 day hol, then lock down when u get there ,and lock down when home, that’s a long holiday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

From what I've read it is only in force until 24th May, but "likely" to continue until the end of June.

Meanwhile Ryanair are saying they will have 40% of their flights back in the air from July 1st.

Maybe they know something that we don't.

More concerning is that Spain is still running a 7 day average for new infections of nearly 3000.

Down from the peak and the death rate is slowing but it is still a very high figure, and still the 3rd worst in Europe only behind Russia and the UK.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"From what I've read it is only in force until 24th May, but "likely" to continue until the end of June.

Meanwhile Ryanair are saying they will have 40% of their flights back in the air from July 1st.

More concerning is that Spain is still running a 7 day average for new infections of nearly 3000.

Down from the peak and the death rate is slowing but it is still a very high figure, and still the 3rd worst in Europe only behind Russia and the UK."

It's possible(and I'm only saying possible) that Ryanair will sell flights that they already know won't be happening. Why? You pay up front, so it shows turnover, which maintains their, on paper, business wealth...albeit virtual wealth

Costa Blanca Spain...

"From what I've read it is only in force until 24th May, but "likely" to continue until the end of June.

Down from the peak and the death rate is slowing but it is still a very high figure, and still the 3rd worst in Europe only behind Russia and the UK.

It's possible(and I'm only saying possible) that Ryanair will sell flights that they already know won't be happening. Why? You pay up front, so it shows turnover, which maintains their, on paper, business wealth...albeit virtual wealth "

Yes, that is possible. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

My worry is that Ryanair will put flights back on even though the receiving country isn’t ready, therefore the holiday can’t be taken but you can’t get a flight refund as Ryanair will say the flight was there is you wanted it.

By *haddy234Man  over a year ago

chadderton

I will never fly Ryanair ever again. If it was down to them I would still be stuck in Fuerteventura.

"Just been announced that Spain are copying England and doing a 14 lock down on all tourist coming through airport, so that means 7 day hol, then lock down when u get there ,and lock down when home, that’s a long holiday "

So who will enforce this 14day lockdown? Will i be kept in a cell ?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Just been announced that Spain are copying England and doing a 14 lock down on all tourist coming through airport, so that means 7 day hol, then lock down when u get there ,and lock down when home, that’s a long holiday

So who will enforce this 14day lockdown? Will i be kept in a cell ? "

You have to give an address where you will self isolate and be subject to Police/Guardia Civil spot checks.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"My worry is that Ryanair will put flights back on even though the receiving country isn’t ready, therefore the holiday can’t be taken but you can’t get a flight refund as Ryanair will say the flight was there is you wanted it."

Wouldn’t surprise me at all but they could only do it if your holiday was for more than 14 days.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Just been announced that Spain are copying England and doing a 14 lock down on all tourist coming through airport, so that means 7 day hol, then lock down when u get there ,and lock down when home, that’s a long holiday

You have to give an address where you will self isolate and be subject to Police/Guardia Civil spot checks."

Surely you can only go for a minimum of 14 days if it’s a 14 day lockdown? We have a place in Spain so can isolate but would need to go the supermarket at least before we isolated. A concern would be say something happened back home and you needed to get back within the 14 days they said you had to isolate.

"Just been announced that Spain are copying England and doing a 14 lock down on all tourist coming through airport, so that means 7 day hol, then lock down when u get there ,and lock down when home, that’s a long holiday "

Sounds a bit like the old Castlereagh RUC holding centre back in the 70s and 80s....

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

You have to give an address where you will self isolate and be subject to Police/Guardia Civil spot checks.

Surely you can only go for a minimum of 14 days if it’s a 14 day lockdown? We have a place in Spain so can isolate but would need to go the supermarket at least before we isolated. A concern would be say something happened back home and you needed to get back within the 14 days they said you had to isolate. "

You could do that on the way from the airport and I doubt you would be allowed back if anything happened back home.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Surely you can only go for a minimum of 14 days if it’s a 14 day lockdown? We have a place in Spain so can isolate but would need to go the supermarket at least before we isolated. A concern would be say something happened back home and you needed to get back within the 14 days they said you had to isolate. "

What I posted was what I read.

The exact details regarding essential shopping Etc. Are a bit vague.

How it would work for an emergency trip home is anybody's guess. Although I would hope common sense would see cases treated on an individual basis.

Then again common sense isn't that common when it comes to Spanish officialdom.

There are reports now in the German media that (all being well) border controls are to relaxed from this weekend and gone completely by 15th June.

It doesn't specifically mention Spain but it seems to be a move in the right direction.

Below is the translated version.

Announcements by the federal government today, May 13, 2020

Seehofer: complete end of border controls from mid-June

11:46 am

At the first German borders, the controls introduced due to the corona pandemic are to be relaxed from the weekend. This was announced by Federal Minister of the Interior Horst Seehofer, thereby confirming reports from the dpa news agency.

At the border with Luxembourg, controls are scheduled to expire on May 15, i.e. on Friday. The coordination with Denmark is still ongoing, but in principle it is also possible to open the border here, according to the CSU politician.

The Federal Government had reached an agreement with France, Switzerland and Austria to continue the controls until June 15. However, from the weekend all border crossings are to be opened and only random checks are to be carried out.

From June 15th, the controls should end at all German borders, provided that the infection in Germany and neighboring countries allows it, Seehofer continues. From then on, entries from third countries should also be possible again.

The 14 day quarantine in Spain is only from today Till the end of the State of Alarm.

It’s a non story as state of alarm is due to end on the 25th of may. At the very most it will end on the 25th of june.

100% non Story for anyone other than the Spanish coming back home from other countries

chelmsford

"The 14 day quarantine in Spain is only from today Till the end of the State of Alarm.

It’s a non story as state of alarm is due to end on the 25th of may. At the very most it will end on the 25th of june.

100% non Story for anyone other than the Spanish coming back home from other countries "

That's good then

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

Spain, including the Canary Islands, has just extended the border controls until June 15th. So foreign tourists no earlier than that date as thing stand, that includes those with second homes and without residencia.

Whether post June 15th isolation is still required....who knows?!

chelmsford

"Spain, including the Canary Islands, has just extended the border controls until June 15th. So foreign tourists no earlier than that date as thing stand, that includes those with second homes and without residencia.

Whether post June 15th isolation is still required....who knows?!

"

Yes indeed, who knows...

» Add a new message to this topic