FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Spain open to tourists from July

Spain open to tourists from July

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackandsasha OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Dublin

BREAKING: Spain to reopen to foreign tourists from July

Overseas visitors can return to Spain from July, Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said Saturday, offering hope to a key sector shut down since mid-March by the coronavirus pandemic.

"I am announcing to you that from the month of July, entry for foreign tourists into Spain will resume in secure conditions," Sanchez told a press conference.

Reaffirming the importance of tourism to the Spanish economy, Sanchez said the country would again be ready to welcome visitors in the summer.

“As you know, Spain receives more than 80 million visitors a year. I am announcing that from July.

"Foreign tourists can also start planning their holidays in our country.

"Spain needs tourism, and tourism needs safety in both origin and destination. We will guarantee that tourists will not run any risks, nor will they bring any risk to our country.”

Sanchez said Spanish authorities had been coordinating the reopening of borders for weeks prior to the announcement.

“We’re sending everyone a message today: Spain will be waiting for you from July,” Sanchez said.

Sanchez also reassured domestic travellers that they too would be welcomed and should start planning their trips for the summer.

Source. The Local

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That's great news for all! what are the 'secure conditions '?

West Dublin

"That's great news for all! what are the 'secure conditions '?"

Not sure, might just be masks in public ( shops etc ) and social distance in restaurants. Hopefully nothing too severe or restrictive. If the nunbers keep improving as they are now, might be barely noticeable. Just happy to be able to go over.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"That's great news for all! what are the 'secure conditions '?"

Heard you have to wear a mask if your over 6 years old in any place you can’t social distance for starters, even outside, so not much fun on the beach in 100deg and really hefty fines if you are caught without and they will fine you on the spot

chelmsford

"That's great news for all! what are the 'secure conditions '?

Not sure, might just be masks in public ( shops etc ) and social distance in restaurants. Hopefully nothing too severe or restrictive. If the nunbers keep improving as they are now, might be barely noticeable. Just happy to be able to go over."

Thank you,

West Dublin

Heard you have to wear a mask if your over 6 years old in any place you can’t social distance for starters, even outside, so not much fun on the beach in 100deg and really hefty fines if you are caught without and they will fine you on the spot "

If the police say you have to wear a mask in public, wear a mask. Where we stay in Vera Playa, there are many quiet beaches around, so we should be able to find one where we can social distance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Heard you have to wear a mask if your over 6 years old in any place you can’t social distance for starters, even outside, so not much fun on the beach in 100deg and really hefty fines if you are caught without and they will fine you on the spot "

That end when state of alarm ends

Could there be some great early bird deals to GranCanaria available from July? It would help bolster the largest markets of origin, the British and Germans, in an attempt to lure as many as possible who have missed out on the usual April, May and June availability. It remains to be seen, however, as many predict a more gradual return to tourism here on The Canary Islands

This has come off a news site tonight.

Thanks for the updates

I'm sure there will be a lot of people with travel vouchers coming in and filling seats.

I hope it all goes well!

I would go , but not if I have to do the 14 day self isolation when I return to the uk , I cannot get 3 weeks off work together

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"I would go , but not if I have to do the 14 day self isolation when I return to the uk , I cannot get 3 weeks off work together "

Doubt you will get insurance cover either.

The way the UK is going by flooding the beach, there is a very good chance of another spike and don't be surprised if Spain tells the UK to piss off

"I would go , but not if I have to do the 14 day self isolation when I return to the uk , I cannot get 3 weeks off work together

Doubt you will get insurance cover either.

The way the UK is going by flooding the beach, there is a very good chance of another spike and don't be surprised if Spain tells the UK to piss off"

Very true , but we have to get rid of the 14 days self isolation, as it will stop no one from going out or back to work , plus most of the world would ban us from going into there countries

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

It's still not very clear how this is going to be introduced and what restrictions are going to be in place in the hotels as well as on the beach etc. We're considering cancelling our holiday, we know we'll loose the deposit but it's a small price for peace of mind.

"It's still not very clear how this is going to be introduced and what restrictions are going to be in place in the hotels as well as on the beach etc. We're considering cancelling our holiday, we know we'll loose the deposit but it's a small price for peace of mind. "

Not sure what restrictions, but it has been said that there will not be loads as they want tourists back a d enjoying their holiday. *Not like a hospital* Their words not mine

"It's still not very clear how this is going to be introduced and what restrictions are going to be in place in the hotels as well as on the beach etc. We're considering cancelling our holiday, we know we'll loose the deposit but it's a small price for peace of mind.

Not sure what restrictions, but it has been said that there will not be loads as they want tourists back a d enjoying their holiday. *Not like a hospital* Their words not mine "

I suppose when you have an inept government like ours it's difficult to conceptualise that other governments aren't all as pathetically useless as ours.

I'm confident that the GC authorities will put a plan in place that places a balance between keeping the virus under control and tourists still having a good holiday.

In the meantime it's pretty rich for us to be sitting in the fire and casting aspersions as to how warm it will be in the frying pan

By *aughty 40sCouple  over a year ago

wigan

October holiday looking good then

chelmsford

"October holiday looking good then "

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Fingers crossed

Beach in Almeria you can currently swim in the sea but walk the promenade or sunbathe on the beach, they have a three phase plan so maybe by July you will be ok to do so as long as you keep the 2mtr distance.

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

From 601 Euro upwards

chelmsford

Heard you have to wear a mask if your over 6 years old in any place you can’t social distance for starters, even outside, so not much fun on the beach in 100deg and really hefty fines if you are caught without and they will fine you on the spot

From 601 Euro upwards

"

Ouch!

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Bullshit. A mask is required if there is a chance in a public place that you will be unable to avoid being less than 2 metres away from other people.

In Fuerteventura will that be a problem on the beach? Big fat 'no'.

We're in Fuerte now. Can't wait until tomorrow.

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

From 601 Euro upwards

Ouch!"

I imagine it will be quite easy to distance yourself 2 mtrs from someone else on the beach.....we do it all the time, Avoid the crowds/love our own space! x

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 24/05/20 18:26:19]

chelmsford

From 601 Euro upwards

Ouch!

I imagine it will be quite easy to distance yourself 2 mtrs from someone else on the beach.....we do it all the time, Avoid the crowds/love our own space! x

"

Yes us too

Wouldn’t be good this year.

Banff

Says man in Dublin, Scotland?....

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

From 601 Euro upwards

Ouch!

"

Same here x

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria on July 12th. My holiday provider have said if I can't change it unless I cancel my current booking and then pay in full again, along with a cancellation fee! Have to wait to see whether it's cancelled! I can't imagine it'll be a pleasant holiday with young children!

Here's hoping it's cancelled so I can change it to next year!

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We've just seen that Gold in PDI is reopening July 2nd! We're there at the end of August. Can't wait!

I was to be there June. So. I’m of July. Looking forward

By *edyarisCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough or Ullswater

"We've just seen that Gold in PDI is reopening July 2nd! We're there at the end of August. Can't wait! "

We're there in July, at least things are looking better than they were.

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

A lot of people visiting PDI wants to have a nice time and play with the others.

With 2m distancing it might be hard

North Wales

So long as its sunny and the beach is still there, we'll have a lovely time. We're plenty happy just having socials and to make new friends.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Lots of posts explaining the loss of deposit if holiday is cancelled by themselves and not the holiday company or airline.

Is the reason not being able to obtain adequate travel insurance acceptable.

Without adequate travel insurance including Covid related elements,I wouldn't dream of travelling.

chelmsford

"Lots of posts explaining the loss of deposit if holiday is cancelled by themselves and not the holiday company or airline.

Is the reason not being able to obtain adequate travel insurance acceptable.

Without adequate travel insurance including Covid related elements,I wouldn't dream of travelling.

"

Me neither

By *ramerMan  over a year ago

Benidorm

Hi the problem is flights from uk

also hotels some not reopening until March next year

also brits and quarantine

Some airlines will take your deposits but then offer credit notes

i live here in benidorm and the spanish police are very strict

chelmsford

"Hi the problem is flights from uk

also hotels some not reopening until March next year

also brits and quarantine

Some airlines will take your deposits but then offer credit notes

i live here in benidorm and the spanish police are very strict "

Yes we're not out of the woods yet, but hopefully a small step forward and it's good the police are strict

By *i funladyWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Is anyone still booked to visit in July and what do you think about going?

"Is anyone still booked to visit in July and what do you think about going? "
our flights for end of july have been cancelled but we've booked to travel two days earlier , our return flights haven't been cancelled so we're hoping we can travel , we have a place in Spain so we can limit minimise mixing with others . We would quite happily still go and stay on our terrace and enjoy the change of scenery

We have 2nd July booked but we will change them to later in the year if they don’t get cancelled. We have our own place there and desperate to go but just don’t fancy the flight yet, not just because of covid but those planes haven’t moved in months which is a bit of a worry.

The Government is working on safe corridor projects so that in the second half of June some autonomous communities, currently Balearic and Canary Islands, can receive foreign tourists, possibly German and Nordic, as a previous step to open, from July 1, the borders to international tourism.

"The islands have offered to make these corridors and I will also speak with other autonomous communities that are interested in defining which corridors and with what guarantees," explained the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism, Reyes Maroto, in an interview with Efe .

The idea will be to do it the second half of June because "we also need the territories to be better epidemiologically," he added.

The objective, he has detailed, is to be able to test the protocols drawn up in tourism in the framework of the de-escalation plan after the confinement by the coronavirus, which has kept the sector in Spain frozen, where it accounts for 13% of GDP and 12% of job.

At the moment only the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands have expressed their interest, but the minister has advanced that she will address the issue at the sectoral conference that will be held next week with the autonomous communities, since they are the ones that have to present a "viable" project, to not risk neither the tourist's nor the resident's health.

WHERE WILL THE FIRST TOURISTS COME FROM?

As for the countries where these first tourists will come from, Maroto has detailed that the Government is talking to "quite a few markets", among which he has highlighted Germany (the second largest tourist source market to Spain) and the Nordic countries, which "right now they are in a very good (epidemiological) situation."

"It is very important that the first tourists are tourists who are in the same epidemiological situation as us," he explained, and that "they are also in a position to be able to fly safely."

Regarding the United Kingdom (the first issuer), Maroto pointed out that, although there have been talks with tour operators such as TUI and Jet2holidays, there "the data still has to improve", since "for us it is important to ensure that the person comes in handy and then come back well. "

In fact, the British authorities themselves still do not recommend traveling abroad, so British tour operators do not want to operate at the moment, according to the minister.

"The Government is working on safe corridor projects so that in the second half of June some autonomous communities, currently Balearic and Canary Islands, can receive foreign tourists, possibly German and Nordic, as a previous step to open, from July 1, the borders to international tourism.

"The islands have offered to make these corridors and I will also speak with other autonomous communities that are interested in defining which corridors and with what guarantees," explained the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Tourism, Reyes Maroto, in an interview with Efe .

The idea will be to do it the second half of June because "we also need the territories to be better epidemiologically," he added.

The objective, he has detailed, is to be able to test the protocols drawn up in tourism in the framework of the de-escalation plan after the confinement by the coronavirus, which has kept the sector in Spain frozen, where it accounts for 13% of GDP and 12% of job.

At the moment only the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands have expressed their interest, but the minister has advanced that she will address the issue at the sectoral conference that will be held next week with the autonomous communities, since they are the ones that have to present a "viable" project, to not risk neither the tourist's nor the resident's health.

As for the countries where these first tourists will come from, Maroto has detailed that the Government is talking to "quite a few markets", among which he has highlighted Germany (the second largest tourist source market to Spain) and the Nordic countries, which "right now they are in a very good (epidemiological) situation."

"It is very important that the first tourists are tourists who are in the same epidemiological situation as us," he explained, and that "they are also in a position to be able to fly safely."

Regarding the United Kingdom (the first issuer), Maroto pointed out that, although there have been talks with tour operators such as TUI and Jet2holidays, there "the data still has to improve", since "for us it is important to ensure that the person comes in handy and then come back well. "

In fact, the British authorities themselves still do not recommend traveling abroad, so British tour operators do not want to operate at the moment, according to the minister."

The main thing is that you guys get bums on seats so you're still around when the UK is welcomed back into the fold.

chelmsford

"The Government is working on safe corridor projects so that in the second half of June some autonomous communities, currently Balearic and Canary Islands, can receive foreign tourists, possibly German and Nordic, as a previous step to open, from July 1, the borders to international tourism.

In fact, the British authorities themselves still do not recommend traveling abroad, so British tour operators do not want to operate at the moment, according to the minister."

To be expected, but yes it's good you're opening up, doesn't matter where the tourists are coming from. Good luck to you all

In fact, the British authorities themselves still do not recommend traveling abroad, so British tour operators do not want to operate at the moment, according to the minister.

To be expected, but yes it's good you're opening up, doesn't matter where the tourists are coming from. Good luck to you all "

The British will be very soon. It’s not going to be months and months like some keep trying to say. Tourism was not to start till 1st of July. They keep trying to push it forward

chelmsford

"The British will be very soon. It’s not going to be months and months like some keep trying to say. Tourism was not to start till 1st of July. They keep trying to push it forward "

Here's hoping

By *averman007Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Was hoping for 15 th July to malaga

We're booked and paid for the 27th,it looks like the hotel we're staying in is opening on the 1st so fingers crossed all goes well and we're allowed to travel.

"The British will be very soon. It’s not going to be months and months like some keep trying to say. Tourism was not to start till 1st of July. They keep trying to push it forward "

All I can say is that lockdown has filled our swinging kitty to the brim and we will be looking to spend it in PDI and supporting the local business owners we see as our friends. Roll on October!!!

Thing is they need our money and we need to spend it when over there , I cannot wait to get there ,two weeks of sun sand and tropical larger mmmmm

"The British will be very soon. It’s not going to be months and months like some keep trying to say. Tourism was not to start till 1st of July. They keep trying to push it forward

All I can say is that lockdown has filled our swinging kitty to the brim and we will be looking to spend it in PDI and supporting the local business owners we see as our friends. Roll on October!!! "

chelmsford

Sounds like clubs can't open in phase 3, that's a shame.

Fact check....not according to Reyes Maroto they won't

By *ilverminxWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Problem is if you go away, You then have to self isolate for 2 weeks when you return... who’s going to get 3/4 weeks off in one go?

"The British will be very soon. It’s not going to be months and months like some keep trying to say. Tourism was not to start till 1st of July. They keep trying to push it forward

Fact check....not according to Reyes Maroto they won't "

Fact is, it’s been reviewed. As stated in the Spanish news.

By *othiandoggersCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Not everyone has to self isolate there is a list of who’s exempted on gov website and myself and mrs are on that list so we booking for Spain end of July

Fact check....not according to Reyes Maroto they won't

Fact is, it’s been reviewed. As stated in the Spanish news. "

Fact check, he said it yesterday!! It will be reviewed, yes.. but infection rate and death rate in UK is presently still too high, to risk letting UK tourists return.

Looks like you want to start an argument again. Enjoy I’ll keep watching the news. I know what SHE said.

By *DmlgTV/TS  over a year ago

SPAIN MALAGA 29630 Benalmadena Costa del Sol

From June 21th will be possible free move around Spain.

chelmsford

"From June 21th will be possible free move around Spain."

"Looks like you want to start an argument again. Enjoy I’ll keep watching the news. I know what SHE said. "

I want to stop mistruths being broadcast, almost on a daily basis

No mistruths, we know what going on. But enjoy yourself we will keep posting letting other know facts from news, not Facebook groups.

"No mistruths, we know what going on. But enjoy yourself we will keep posting letting other know facts from news, not Facebook groups. "

Thanks for keeping us up to date with "on the ground" news, something I expect a business owner in PDI to be on top of.

Quite correctly we should get to know what MARIA Reyes Maroto says and what HIS views are....but what would HE know? HE doesn't have the inside info of the British tabloids. Accuracy is key here.

Belfast

"From June 21th will be possible free move around Spain."

Belfast

Yes .. holidays to spain start soon ..

If people want to go and if it will be allowed they will go .. july .august september ....

Why need to argue about it staying at home ! Cant get it .. go out injoe amazing weather and forget about holidays to Spain in July!!

Xxxx

Belfast

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

1,000sexy pensioners

By *averman007Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Majorca September

"No mistruths, we know what going on. But enjoy yourself we will keep posting letting other know facts from news, not Facebook groups. "

This from the guy that said things would return to normal by the end of April, then May, now June.. sounds like those with boots on the ground know nothing for certain

"No mistruths, we know what going on. But enjoy yourself we will keep posting letting other know facts from news, not Facebook groups.

This from the guy that said things would return to normal by the end of April, then May, now June.. sounds like those with boots on the ground know nothing for certain "

From the start of this pandemic nobody has known anything for certain about the future.

However, there is a discernable difference between estimating future situations and reporting the status quo. Clearly a person who is following the situation on the daily TV news has a better idea than someone picking up third hand information from the Internet, because then people would at least know the gender of the person they are quoting.

Alex is a total bellend. He could start a fight in an empty room

Hearing reports that Spain might push for Brits to do a 2 week isolation on arrival , looks to be following the route Greece has gone down

By *ockandpussyCouple  over a year ago

Dolores Alicante region

At the moment only uk people with spanish residencia allowed in to Spain.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

" Hearing reports that Spain might push for Brits to do a 2 week isolation on arrival , looks to be following the route Greece has gone down"

Quite right too. You only need to look at the protesters in London yesterday.

Social distancing ? they are having a laugh. Can't help themselves it seems.

UK is a laughing stock throughout the EU

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

" Hearing reports that Spain might push for Brits to do a 2 week isolation on arrival , looks to be following the route Greece has gone down"

Simple answer is dont give them our money, spend it locally

Banff

" Hearing reports that Spain might push for Brits to do a 2 week isolation on arrival , looks to be following the route Greece has gone down

Simple answer is dont give them our money, spend it locally"

And get a free car wash to boot! You boys really know how to live it up!

By *ocko123Man  over a year ago

Derry

The quarantine will relax when Spain opens up for foreign tourists in July. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/25/travel-updates-greece-restarts-ferries-tries-salvage-tourism/amp/

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

July is a month away, remember the UK is two weeks behind Italy and much the same for Spain.

A month ago the UK was seeing 5-6000 infections a day and upwards of 800 deaths a day.

I'm a month time we should be seeing very few new cases / deaths as is clear from the charts even now

France and Spain are playing politics but they won't ban Brits in July and they won't quarantine them either, they were already suffering losses last year after the collapse of Thomas cook they need to get as many as possible in this year.

The Spanish media is as full of shite as the British. Listen to the people that matter, the people that have business there.

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 02:28:21]

I'll be searching for my sexy senorita soon then

the wetlands

"I'll be searching for my sexy senorita soon then "

We live in hope

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Lanzarotte here we cum, end of July xx

By *SCouple81Couple  over a year ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

Just received an email from the resort at GC saying that they're looking forward to seeing us in the middle of July. Hope everything will be fine.

By *retty Hot WifeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Lynn

"July is a month away, remember the UK is two weeks behind Italy and much the same for Spain.

A month ago the UK was seeing 5-6000 infections a day and upwards of 800 deaths a day.

I'm a month time we should be seeing very few new cases / deaths as is clear from the charts even now

France and Spain are playing politics but they won't ban Brits in July and they won't quarantine them either, they were already suffering losses last year after the collapse of Thomas cook they need to get as many as possible in this year.

The Spanish media is as full of shite as the British. Listen to the people that matter, the people that have business there.

"

Perfectly summed up.

By *aughty 40sCouple  over a year ago

wigan

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 18:52:21]

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Hotel-chains-prepare-reopen

More positive news

chelmsford

"https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Hotel-chains-prepare-reopen

More positive news "

Hurrah!

By *anzcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

Spain will be opening up for other EUROPEAN countries.....

By *iddevoncoupleCouple  over a year ago

Malaga SA

We live close to Malaga, and yes you`re absolutely right the boarders are opening on the 1st of July, down here we are at the moment all quarantined to our own region and there are police check points on the main roads, and I have to say down here we are virtually clear, so if you`re planning a visit be great to see you ( not us personally ), but take care, we`re not out of it yet and try and observe the rules, they were put there to try help keep us safe!!! Up here we were in the early 40s yesterday !!

Leicester

"

We live close to Malaga, and yes you`re absolutely right the boarders are opening on the 1st of July, down here we are at the moment all quarantined to our own region and there are police check points on the main roads, and I have to say down here we are virtually clear, so if you`re planning a visit be great to see you ( not us personally ), but take care, we`re not out of it yet and try and observe the rules, they were put there to try help keep us safe!!! Up here we were in the early 40s yesterday !! "

Really? Do you think your government will allow Brits over in just a month? The past 24hrs Spain have had 1 reported Covid-19 death whereas the UK have had 359.We've never really been on lockdown here and this government have allowed children to go back to school with that many daily deaths. I'd be surprised if Brits were allowed to travel anywhere until our deaths have remained below 10 for over a month but that's our Govt. for you!

chelmsford

"

We live close to Malaga, and yes you`re absolutely right the boarders are opening on the 1st of July, down here we are at the moment all quarantined to our own region and there are police check points on the main roads, and I have to say down here we are virtually clear, so if you`re planning a visit be great to see you ( not us personally ), but take care, we`re not out of it yet and try and observe the rules, they were put there to try help keep us safe!!! Up here we were in the early 40s yesterday !!

Really? Do you think your government will allow Brits over in just a month? The past 24hrs Spain have had 1 reported Covid-19 death whereas the UK have had 359.We've never really been on lockdown here and this government have allowed children to go back to school with that many daily deaths. I'd be surprised if Brits were allowed to travel anywhere until our deaths have remained below 10 for over a month but that's our Govt. for you!"

and now we have protests in London with thousands of people not SD, bye bye holidays.

By *risky businessMan  over a year ago

APharaohWay

Had my hope up high for 3rd July fingers crossed but I can't see it myself at all not now il be surprised if any country let us in this summer now still at 359 a day no chance

chelmsford

"Had my hope up high for 3rd July fingers crossed but I can't see it myself at all not now il be surprised if any country let us in this summer now still at 359 a day no chance "

I think you may be right, we have no control here now, why would any country want us visiting them...

Leicester

"Had my hope up high for 3rd July fingers crossed but I can't see it myself at all not now il be surprised if any country let us in this summer now still at 359 a day no chance

I think you may be right, we have no control here now, why would any country want us visiting them..."

Unless other Governments are like ours and put money over health; that's the only reason they'd let us in!

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria in July but from what I've read we won't be able to enjoy many of their facilities anyway as they have to remain closed! It'll be interesting to see what the death rates are like by the end of June and how Spain will respond. I believe the FCO have the overall say, so we'll see.

chelmsford

"Had my hope up high for 3rd July fingers crossed but I can't see it myself at all not now il be surprised if any country let us in this summer now still at 359 a day no chance

I think you may be right, we have no control here now, why would any country want us visiting them...

Unless other Governments are like ours and put money over health; that's the only reason they'd let us in!

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria in July but from what I've read we won't be able to enjoy many of their facilities anyway as they have to remain closed! It'll be interesting to see what the death rates are like by the end of June and how Spain will respond. I believe the FCO have the overall say, so we'll see. "

I agree with you. I wouldn't go on holiday with so many restrictions. I'd rather wait until there is some kind of normality. It will be interesting to see our infection numbers in the next few weeks, what with the mass gatherings in some cities. At least the weather has changed, so hopefully there won't be so many people on the beaches

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Canaries-offers-to-pay-tests

It sounds like the Canaries are really getting creative about promoting tourism. I think this is great

Also when Brits are allowed back in also depends on our government having a clear policy. In other words 2026...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/spain-says-british-tourists-welcome-back-once-uk-clarifies-policy

By *ackypsilonMan  over a year ago

torino (now maspalomas)

If you came in boat from africa everyday open here.

For people from africa open door. From europe closed.

By *ralpleaseMan  over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

The way things are going on in England with mass gatherings and people not heeding warnings and flouting lockdown. I dont think we want the chances of getting infected all over again as we have been suffering restrictions far greater than you cannot adhere to.

the wetlands

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria in July but from what I've read we won't be able to enjoy many of their facilities anyway as they have to remain closed! It'll be interesting to see what the death rates are like by the end of June and how Spain will respond. I believe the FCO have the overall say, so we'll see. ,

I agree with you. I wouldn't go on holiday with so many restrictions. I'd rather wait until there is some kind of normality. It will be interesting to see our infection numbers in the next few weeks, what with the mass gatherings in some cities. At least the weather has changed, so hopefully there won't be so many people on the beaches "

No, instead of going to the safest places on the planet ... Beaches ..they will go where infection is much more likely

Bravo

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria in July but from what I've read we won't be able to enjoy many of their facilities anyway as they have to remain closed! It'll be interesting to see what the death rates are like by the end of June and how Spain will respond. I believe the FCO have the overall say, so we'll see. "

We have all being having a chat this past week (yes only locals so not fact or do I have links)

But we don’t think there will be much closed. Yes a few of the hotels have said they are not opening still September/October. But you will see a lot of bars and restaurants open. We can see on a Friday and Saturday night. PDI is 1/3 Full. That’s not bad when you think it’s only people from GC.

As of Monday we all can move around all the islands. So that should see a few more people in and a round the town. Then as of the 22nd all of Spain can move freely.

The Hotels that are opening in July have all said bookings are looking strong. Some have even said they have seen more bookings than a normal July. (That’s nothing to with other hotels being closed, this is their bookings from loyal customers who want to get back to islands)

Yeah, it’s early days but the signs are there for tourism to be slow but strong, and still lots of time for the British tourists to get out here. Spain have made it clear they are not shutting the door for the Uk market come July 1st. But it’s going to come down to the Uk government.

Leicester

I have no concern with travelling, I just don't want the holiday ruined by facilities being closed which are the reason I booked the hotel. But find it amusing that the UK government will happily claim it's safe for us to travel to another country but it's unsafe for us to have a hair cut or drink in a pub.

Banff

We're in Fuerteventura. No Covid-19 cases for at least a month, no deaths, 45 sufferers all recovered. Can get a hair cut, dental treatment and a drink in a bar. UK Government may well have a point!

Leicester

"We're in Fuerteventura. No Covid-19 cases for at least a month, no deaths, 45 sufferers all recovered. Can get a hair cut, dental treatment and a drink in a bar. UK Government may well have a point!"

They may well but with the lack of lockdown there is a high chance people from Britain could carry the virus back over.

Banff

Agreed. We are enjoying the island as it is, very much.

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 05/06/20 15:55:28]

chelmsford

I'm due to go to Gran Canaria in July but from what I've read we won't be able to enjoy many of their facilities anyway as they have to remain closed! It'll be interesting to see what the death rates are like by the end of June and how Spain will respond. I believe the FCO have the overall say, so we'll see. ,

I agree with you. I wouldn't go on holiday with so many restrictions. I'd rather wait until there is some kind of normality. It will be interesting to see our infection numbers in the next few weeks, what with the mass gatherings in some cities. At least the weather has changed, so hopefully there won't be so many people on the beaches

No, instead of going to the safest places on the planet ... Beaches ..they will go where infection is much more likely

Bravo "

Probably, people will do what they want to do, we're all different in how this affects us and our families

chelmsford

"

I have no concern with travelling, I just don't want the holiday ruined by facilities being closed which are the reason I booked the hotel. But find it amusing that the UK government will happily claim it's safe for us to travel to another country but it's unsafe for us to have a hair cut or drink in a pub."

the wetlands

Bravo

Probably, people will do what they want to do, we're all different in how this affects us and our families "

It's just a pity they couldn't do what they are asked to do rather than what they want to do.

chelmsford

Bravo

Probably, people will do what they want to do, we're all different in how this affects us and our families

It's just a pity they couldn't do what they are asked to do rather than what they want to do."

Exactly this

By *ot.Irish.Wife.CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork , Munster ,Maspalomas , Citi ,

Costa del Sol

Torremolinos

Careheuela

We are hoping to vist June 22 for 1 week

Are Bars and Restaurants open

A few would Do xx

By *ralpleaseMan  over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

"Costa del Sol

Torremolinos

Careheuela

We are hoping to vist June 22 for 1 week

Are Bars and Restaurants open

A few would Do xx"

I am sure you may have to rethink your dates.

flights are available on june 22

chelmsford

"flights are available on june 22

"

Are you allowed to fly from Ireland now?

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't just blame the government for being too slow, I very much blame London communitys for not following the simple rules.

yes Sam

flights are starting from Cork to Malaga on 22nd

And most other places from July 1st

Situation is very Good here now .. We were lucky

So .. Does anyone know if Bars etc are open in Torremolinos .. Careheuela Area ?

By *ack4funlondonMan  over a year ago

headingley

yeh the bars are open. Mainly terraces but some bars are open where you can go inside. All table service though. You can’t go to the bar to get served. Malaga region is moving to phase 3 on Monday which I think involves later opening times, clubs etc to be reopened.

I was out last night and there is a buzz. No where near the usual but still an atmosphere

Thank you

we might Bump into you lol

chelmsford

"yes Sam

flights are starting from Cork to Malaga on 22nd

And most other places from July 1st

Situation is very Good here now .. We were lucky "

you are very lucky! We aren't allowed to travel abroad, at the moment, for holidays

A few of the bars and some clubs open as of tomorrow in the Yumbo. Slowly getting back to some kind of normal

chelmsford

"A few of the bars and some clubs open as of tomorrow in the Yumbo. Slowly getting back to some kind of normal "

Belfast

"A few of the bars and some clubs open as of tomorrow in the Yumbo. Slowly getting back to some kind of normal "

By *essysteveCouple  over a year ago

ALICANTE AREA SPAIN

[Removed by poster at 07/06/20 16:30:49]

By *ich_and_LizCouple  over a year ago

Spain

They may be relaxing the rules here but it’s going to be a while before we start to go out again like we used to !

Leicester

Well jet2 have cancelled all flights up to 15th July now, so I'll be rebooking mine for next year

chelmsford

"Well jet2 have cancelled all flights up to 15th July now, so I'll be rebooking mine for next year "

Doesn't surprise me, the quarantine hasn't helped, some people just can't do that after their holiday and there is no clarity as to when we can travel again.

Dolores Alicante region

Be careful i was lead to believe that only british with residencia cards were allowed in.

UK Tourists nothing has been decided yet.

By *risky businessMan  over a year ago

APharaohWay

"Had my hope up high for 3rd July fingers crossed but I can't see it myself at all not now il be surprised if any country let us in this summer now still at 359 a day no chance "

So if they do let us in is any ladies meant to be out at same time me and the lads would be looking for gang bang there will be 4 of us

Spanish borders

President Sanchez has just announced to the presidents of the autonomous communities that Spain’s borders will be open to EU citizens (except Portugal) when the state of alarm is over; this next Sunday 21st June.

The date was the 1st of July but the government has decided to bring forward the date.

By *ac a feeCouple  over a year ago

dundee

"Spanish borders

President Sanchez has just announced to the presidents of the autonomous communities that Spain’s borders will be open to EU citizens (except Portugal) when the state of alarm is over; this next Sunday 21st June.

The date was the 1st of July but the government has decided to bring forward the date."

brill news

By *SCouple81Couple  over a year ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

That sounds like a great news. Hope it won't backfire with new cases.

chelmsford

"Spanish borders

The date was the 1st of July but the government has decided to bring forward the date."

That is great news, thanks for the update

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

As always, not completely clear on UK status!

The opening on 21st talks about Schengen, so not UK.

And for 1st July, Sanchez says entry requirements will be an epidemiological situation similar to or greater than that of Spain in the country of origin, controls and reciprocity and coordinated with Brussels...

But given the earlier fiasco over the previous border changes, it could all be different tomorrow.

Stag do july here i come. Best news ever. I may hahe to get naked (keep my mask on) and run along the beach....who wants to join in

By *anzcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

There’ll be no UK flights here in July ...

chelmsford

Are we allowed to travel abroad for a holiday?

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"There’ll be no UK flights here in July ..."

Is that the official position or just a personal view?

chelmsford

"There’ll be no UK flights here in July ...

Is that the official position or just a personal view? "

Good question

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Feck knows where people get their info, but the BBC news says about Spain opening up on 21st...

"The UK is included - but the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office still advises against all but essential international travel."

chelmsford

"Feck knows where people get their info, but the BBC news says about Spain opening up on 21st...

"The UK is included - but the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office still advises against all but essential international travel."

"

That's what I thought

Waste of. Money. Won’t be the same this year.

Belfast

"Waste of. Money. Won’t be the same this year. "

All life will be not the same ..lol

"There’ll be no UK flights here in July ...

Is that the official position or just a personal view? "

100% not official. They ONLY said about 2 countries in the Spanish new. The USA and Russia they had concerns with.

Last week the tourism ministry said that the Uk was still part of the eu in their eyes. As far as they seen it.

chelmsford

So TUI not flying until July 10th and Jet2, July 15th.Watch this space!

By *i funladyWoman  over a year ago

Durham

"So TUI not flying until July 10th and Jet2, July 15th.Watch this space!"

Jet2 have just taken the payment for our holiday in July, we're meant to be flying on the 27th so we'll have to keep fingers crossed and hope nothing goes pear shaped

chelmsford

"So TUI not flying until July 10th and Jet2, July 15th.Watch this space!

Jet2 have just taken the payment for our holiday in July, we're meant to be flying on the 27th so we'll have to keep fingers crossed and hope nothing goes pear shaped "

Hopefully you'll be fine

chelmsford

"So TUI not flying until July 10th and Jet2, July 15th.Watch this space!

Jet2 have just taken the payment for our holiday in July, we're meant to be flying on the 27th so we'll have to keep fingers crossed and hope nothing goes pear shaped "

I suppose, also, they want full capacity on their planes to make it financially viable.

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

The British Embassy @Britslivinginspain has tweeted that the UK is included in the opening on the 21st...and immediately followed it by repeating the FCO advice against all but essential travel!

chelmsford

"The British Embassy @Britslivinginspain has tweeted that the UK is included in the opening on the 21st...and immediately followed it by repeating the FCO advice against all but essential travel!

"

Crazy isn't it

North Wales

We had an email from Tui saying if our holiday can go ahead but in a way that spoils it (quarantine, too strict social distancing etc..) then they'll cancel it and offer us a refund / rebook.

chelmsford

"We had an email from Tui saying if our holiday can go ahead but in a way that spoils it (quarantine, too strict social distancing etc..) then they'll cancel it and offer us a refund / rebook. "

We had that too

By *allmeDavidMan  over a year ago

london

They are saying all but essential travel but do they not realise that holidays are essential for some of us to keep our sanity. And they can stick their UK holidays where the sun shines as I dont need a guaranteed car wash I want some sunshine. So we are going to the Canaries on the 21st July (unless the airline decides to cancel) regardless of what crazy Boris and his cronies have to say.

If Spain want us we are there

End of rant!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"They are saying all but essential travel but do they not realise that holidays are essential for some of us to keep our sanity. And they can stick their UK holidays where the sun shines as I dont need a guaranteed car wash I want some sunshine. So we are going to the Canaries on the 21st July (unless the airline decides to cancel) regardless of what crazy Boris and his cronies have to say.

End of rant! "

It appears that things are moving quicker than we thought.

Alicante airport has a Ryaniar flight today from Manchester.

Just picked it up on flight radar currently just to the east of Bordeaux.

Dolores Alicante region

UK allowed to come to Spain.

See you all soon at

www.besosclub.com

"They are saying all but essential travel but do they not realise that holidays are essential for some of us to keep our sanity. And they can stick their UK holidays where the sun shines as I dont need a guaranteed car wash I want some sunshine. So we are going to the Canaries on the 21st July (unless the airline decides to cancel) regardless of what crazy Boris and his cronies have to say.

End of rant!

Just picked it up on flight radar currently just to the east of Bordeaux. "

Funny we just had a look on Flightradar24 Ryanair have a flight coming in from London

Also we took a Walk round Yumbo last night and there is now a Good few bars open!!

Belfast

End of rant!

Funny we just had a look on Flightradar24 Ryanair have a flight coming in from London

Also we took a Walk round Yumbo last night and there is now a Good few bars open!! "

Great news ! And thank you for the pictures you send me .. beach looks busy as well .x

We just need the UK government to get rid of the current 14 day quarantine we'll have to observe when we all get back home and we're all set for summer

Costa Blanca Spain...

It would be interesting if anyone was on those flights and could say how full (or not) they were.

The reality is over 1 million have lost their jobs and 33,000 businesses have declared bankruptcy so far (official Spanish Govt figures)

The Costas will die without foreign tourism if the UK are invoking the 14 day self quarantine after returning from a foreign holiday it will be a big nail in the coffin for many more businesses here.

Finishing the lockdown now just happens to coincide with the start of the Spanish holiday season !!!

From all the reports on the news, it looks like the Uk will drop the 14 days as of next weekend.

Spain did say they would only drop the 14 days if the Uk did the same!

End of rant!

Also we took a Walk round Yumbo last night and there is now a Good few bars open!!

Great news ! And thank you for the pictures you send me .. beach looks busy as well .x"

No problems, the beach was packed yesterday. It was amazing to see after all this time of it being dead

By *v-ts-loverMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

OK, so can someone clarify for me, I stay in Glasgow, I'm wanting to drive to Costa blanca via spain asap, with our dog. Is it possible or would we get stopped enroute?

Glasgow

Via France that should say

You will not get stopped now. As of 00:01 today

Flight App shows 4 flights arriving into Alicante today from the UK so looks like it’s happening!

Glasgow

My worry is I get stopped while still in Scotland lol, we're still only meant to travel 5 miles I think. Is the French border open?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"OK, so can someone clarify for me, I stay in Glasgow, I'm wanting to drive to Costa blanca via spain asap, with our dog. Is it possible or would we get stopped enroute? "

We leave for Spain next Sunday. From Germany via Luxembourg and France.

As far as we are aware there are no border restrictions from today.

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"OK, so can someone clarify for me, I stay in Glasgow, I'm wanting to drive to Costa blanca via spain asap, with our dog. Is it possible or would we get stopped enroute?

As far as we are aware there are no border restrictions from today."

Great to hear that you two lovelies can go to your Spanish home . Now will we see you in Cap this year ?

the wetlands

Why can't you social distance on the beach ?

I’ve not seen one person wear a mask down the beach in the past 2 days...

I hope things come back to.normall by october or i have t wait till next year

I want proper holiday no.point on going to disny land when you cant go rides

I want enjoy the night life

I’m off to playa del Inglés tommorow from Luton anyone else going to be there?

"I’m off to playa del Inglés tommorow from Luton anyone else going to be there?

"

Please report back what the flight was like ,what difference if any there is etc , have a good time

Costa Blanca Spain...

"OK, so can someone clarify for me, I stay in Glasgow, I'm wanting to drive to Costa blanca via spain asap, with our dog. Is it possible or would we get stopped enroute?

As far as we are aware there are no border restrictions from today.

Great to hear that you two lovelies can go to your Spanish home . Now will we see you in Cap this year ? "

Sadly no. With being away from Spain for so long we need to get there so stopping on the way down isn't really an option.

We may stop over for a couple of days on the way back but even that is only 50/50 at the moment

Why can't you social distance on the beach ?"

Blooming heck I posted that about 5 weeks ago lol. Have you been on Vera beach in August. Just looked at the news over in Spain and although they have relaxed things a little one of the beaches near to us as marked out boxes on the sand to sit in so you are sure to distance but it says no food or drink to be consumed.