FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > GC flights withdrawn Nov

GC flights withdrawn Nov

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erekdeb OP   Man  over a year ago

meath

I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nthonysssCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Booked the 14th of November for a week to gran canaria from Bristol couple of days ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines. "
Ryanair are closing their hubs over there, was told last year. The slot are going to be sold off, so we will have to see who takes them up.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines. Ryanair are closing their hubs over there, was told last year. The slot are going to be sold off, so we will have to see who takes them up."

Interesting development.

We flew with Ryanair back to Germany from Alicante in March and noticed that the flight was "operated by" Malta Air and the aircraft was registered in Malta, although still in Ryanair livery.

I did a bit googling and it seems that Ryanair have registered over 100 aircraft in Malta and another 50 (ish) are now registered in Poland as "Ryanair Sun"

Also most (if not all) Ryanair flights out of Dusseldorf main are now with the Ryanair subsidiary "Lauda Motion"

Maybe a re-branding coming up?

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines. Ryanair are closing their hubs over there, was told last year. The slot are going to be sold off, so we will have to see who takes them up.

Interesting development.

We flew with Ryanair back to Germany from Alicante in March and noticed that the flight was "operated by" Malta Air and the aircraft was registered in Malta, although still in Ryanair livery.

I did a bit googling and it seems that Ryanair have registered over 100 aircraft in Malta and another 50 (ish) are now registered in Poland as "Ryanair Sun"

Also most (if not all) Ryanair flights out of Dusseldorf main are now with the Ryanair subsidiary "Lauda Motion"

Maybe a re-branding coming up? "

Tax fiddle lol

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines. Ryanair are closing their hubs over there, was told last year. The slot are going to be sold off, so we will have to see who takes them up.

Interesting development.

Maybe a re-branding coming up? Tax fiddle lol "

Yes there is probably some of that in there.

At the moment it is only Lauda Motion that is operating as a separate brand. But I wonder if we will start seeing aircraft in Malta Air colours soon.

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines. "

Ryanair showing flights out of Dublin through until the end of March on their App??

meath

Yes they back up now hope I didn't upset anyone they took them down and now back up. Looking good again.

"Yes they back up now hope I didn't upset anyone they took them down and now back up. Looking good again."

We're waiting for April to come online....

By *anda2018Couple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Malta air is planned to be Ryanair's new partner hub (owned by Ryanair) in the Mediterranean. It will link up with the Ryanair network, but will stretch further south. They have pretty much taken the business off a failing Air Malta, who instead are going to focus on more core flights with business class, and eventually flights to the US they say.

Brexit

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Brexit"

Why Brexit? Last time I looked Ireland was still in the EU.

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines.

Ryanair showing flights out of Dublin through until the end of March on their App??"

It is all gone now .. i wanted change my return flight but cant do it today.. it just shows no flights

Ryanair are definitely reducing Canary flights..fallen out with Spanish government. They were getting massive subsidy to operate flights. Pulling out of GC.

"I was looking up flights for GC in Nov with Ry air on wednesday. They were cheapish I went to look again short while ago and flights are gone with schedule to GC ending late Oct. Its not looking good folks if this is to be repeated by other airlines.

Ryanair showing flights out of Dublin through until the end of March on their App??

It is all gone now .. i wanted change my return flight but cant do it today.. it just shows no flights "

Gone on App here too, nothing showing after 13th August? Maybe adjusting schedule with lower frequency of flights? Will keep eye on it

Belfast

It is all gone now .. i wanted change my return flight but cant do it today.. it just shows no flights

Gone on App here too, nothing showing after 13th August? Maybe adjusting schedule with lower frequency of flights? Will keep eye on it "

Yes will keep eye on it as well

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

"Ryanair are definitely reducing Canary flights..fallen out with Spanish government. They were getting massive subsidy to operate flights. Pulling out of GC."

It's all happened before and was actually not Ryanair's fault. For those with short memories

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187467-i272-k2400360-Ryanair_The_End-Fuerteventura_Canary_Islands.html

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 05/06/20 13:26:12]

Belfast

It is all is back now .. so i changed my return flight to dublin from gc .. ha ha i will laugh if there will be no flights on that day in October.. ha ha x

meath

I'm waiting till later in summer to see what's happening taking a chance they dont go up much. Anyone know what story is with insurance. Travel expert on radio during week said theres no travel insurance cover at moment and for those booking there is a certain number of days that you have after booking flight to get insurance or your not covered either. FYI.

» Add a new message to this topic