FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Has anyone flown to Gran canaria yet

Has anyone flown to Gran canaria yet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eddy and legs OP   Couple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Thinking of booking a week at the end of July.

We're booked for 2 weeks end of Nov but thinking now is a good time to go in case there is another lot of cases come Winter

The only concern is queueing at the airports but from that point of view maybe better to go sooner while it's quiet ?

Going to go to Gold self catering so will mostly cook for ourselves

Any one out there yet ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

We are also waiting to hear from other people but not planning on going to soon

Fingers crossed all is well out there

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Have friends who flew yesterday from Luton. Still very very quiet

the wetlands

"Have friends who flew yesterday from Luton. Still very very quiet"

If you hear from them please let us know what the flight was like ? Can you take sandwiches drinks etc (bought in the airport obvs)

We expect quiet at the resort that's no problem just to get away for a week now the weather is bad would be nice.

I really do think given the low cases throughout Europe and all the precautions being taken that now is the safest time to go.

the wetlands

Just a thought, is it worth paying to choose seats ?

Surely they must put couples together ?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just a thought, is it worth paying to choose seats ?

Surely they must put couples together ?"

We always choose seats and no, they dont always seat couples together

the wetlands

We always choose seats and no, they dont always seat couples together "

We always do, and I went through the booking process and it's only £12 per seat each way, but I don't see how they can possibly split people deliberately due to the infection risk at the moment. I've also read various issues with cabin bags and I flight food and I cant see anything on the jet2 site so I've sent them a message but I dont expect a reply soon.

I'd rather spend £48 in a bar than on a seat lol

By *forfuntimesCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

We have just taken the plunge and are flying next Saturday 11th from Luton with Wizz Air (we usually fly Jet2) - will update when we are over there - not expecting much to be open yet - but every week is different at the moment

chelmsford

We always do, and I went through the booking process and it's only £12 per seat each way, but I don't see how they can possibly split people deliberately due to the infection risk at the moment. I've also read various issues with cabin bags and I flight food and I cant see anything on the jet2 site so I've sent them a message but I dont expect a reply soon.

I'd rather spend £48 in a bar than on a seat lol"

Yes, I see your point. They haven't been serving food and drink, so far on flights, that may have changed now and check that your airport has food places open. Lots of queues, maybe take a packed lunch hope you get away

the wetlands

Yes, I see your point. They haven't been serving food and drink, so far on flights, that may have changed now and check that your airport has food places open. Lots of queues, maybe take a packed lunch hope you get away "

We always take sandwiches and crisps and buy water in the duty free so worst case no coffee and we can manage that.

The only small issue is we are due to pay the balance of two other holidays next month .. but sure ... It's only money lol

chelmsford

Yes, I see your point. They haven't been serving food and drink, so far on flights, that may have changed now and check that your airport has food places open. Lots of queues, maybe take a packed lunch hope you get away

We always take sandwiches and crisps and buy water in the duty free so worst case no coffee and we can manage that.

The only small issue is we are due to pay the balance of two other holidays next month .. but sure ... It's only money lol"

Yes we tend to do that. Just go for it!

the wetlands

The only small issue is we are due to pay the balance of two other holidays next month .. but sure ... It's only money lol

Yes we tend to do that. Just go for it! "

It's a safe as it's going to be for the next year, get it booked we'll see you there, be nice to meet you lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We're booked for October. Hoping all will be well by then.

chelmsford

It's a safe as it's going to be for the next year, get it booked we'll see you there, be nice to meet you lol"

Would be nice to meet you . Would love to go, but still looking after my 90 year old Dad, he's nervous about going out at the moment...

By *entcouple69Couple  over a year ago

London/Kent

Not to Gran Canaria but we’re flying to Barcelona on Friday morning. Looks like flights are filling quickly but areas of Spain are starting local lockdowns again so it’ll be interesting to see how that pans out

the wetlands

It's a safe as it's going to be for the next year, get it booked we'll see you there, be nice to meet you lol

Would be nice to meet you . Would love to go, but still looking after my 90 year old Dad, he's nervous about going out at the moment..."

We're there in December too

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Just be aware that if an area your visiting goes back into lockdown you will be stuck in spain, also most travel insurance wont pay out in view of foreign office advice to avoid travel. Buyer beware i think is the rule now.

By *zzyAndKitCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

We’ve just booked Gran Canaria from 16th to 25th July, we caught Covid early on so relatively relaxed about the risks. It looks like the swingers clubs might even be open again?!

By *SCouple81Couple  over a year ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

We have booked since 14th till 25th. Hope everything is going to be ok.

Gran Canaria has been very busy with flights although numbers of people arriving are well down.

We are based in Lanzarote and again Saturday we had lots of flights from UK & Germany.

Another example was last Wednesday we had friends leave for Ireland, there were two flights arrived one from Shannon the other from Dublin, less than 40 people arriving on both flights, plus 12 going back to Shannon and 14 returning to Dublin.

Its going to take time for travel confidence to return.

chelmsford

Would be nice to meet you . Would love to go, but still looking after my 90 year old Dad, he's nervous about going out at the moment...

We're there in December too "

Ooh my birthday month....hmm...

chelmsford

"Just be aware that if an area your visiting goes back into lockdown you will be stuck in spain, also most travel insurance wont pay out in view of foreign office advice to avoid travel. Buyer beware i think is the rule now. "

Foreign office advise changed on 4th July. There is a long list of countries that we can now travel to. Visit gov.uk website

the wetlands

"Just be aware that if an area your visiting goes back into lockdown you will be stuck in spain, also most travel insurance wont pay out in view of foreign office advice to avoid travel. Buyer beware i think is the rule now. "

Lol

By *arney_bettyCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

We are flying with ryanair to GC on the 19th for 3 weeks. Haven't received cancellation yet. Fingers crossed.

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Was watching flight tracker yesterday, and lots of German planes landing x

the wetlands

Unfortunately NI has still not allowed non essential travel and now they are going back to being fkn cnuts so God knows if they will.

It took 5 years to legalise e-bikes

By *ouEastAngliaMan  over a year ago

cambridge

Im booked for 10 days mid August ... anyone else going to be in PDI around that time?

[Removed by poster at 06/07/20 10:20:31]

chelmsford

"Unfortunately NI has still not allowed non essential travel and now they are going back to being fkn cnuts so God knows if they will.

It took 5 years to legalise e-bikes"

Oh dear didn't know that....

the wetlands

"Unfortunately NI has still not allowed non essential travel and now they are going back to being fkn cnuts so God knows if they will.

Oh dear didn't know that.... "

Booked

chelmsford

Oh dear didn't know that....

Booked "

Hoorah!

the wetlands

If anyone is interested, I'd advise to call jet2 and speak to an operator, they will go through all the possibilities and requirements

For example if you have to isolate or suffer a local lockdown they will allow you to change your booking, if the FCO changes it's advise you can change your booking.

I'd advise booking a holiday rather than separate flight and accommodation though as it seems you have better protection.

chelmsford

"If anyone is interested, I'd advise to call jet2 and speak to an operator, they will go through all the possibilities and requirements

For example if you have to isolate or suffer a local lockdown they will allow you to change your booking, if the FCO changes it's advise you can change your booking.

I'd advise booking a holiday rather than separate flight and accommodation though as it seems you have better protection."

Great advice

By *unhoneyCouple  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Thanks for the advice guys

We fly Thursday morning with Ryan air from Stansted is any one else on the same flight ??

Chris and Fiona xx

» Add a new message to this topic