FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Rules for Tourists in Spain

Rules for Tourists in Spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rax and Mantis OP   Couple  over a year ago

Epsom

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been covered in other posts, but I'm after confirmation.

As I read the rules on face masks, I'm interpreting that, I don't have to wear one, if I can keep a 1.5m social distance from everyone else not in my household!

That includes outside and indoors!

I know we need to wear them while travelling in the air, at the airport, in a taxi and on the coach.

Is this interpretation correct?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Honestly wear one , the police are looking for fines and you will be any easy target , dont give them the opportunity.

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

In Catalonia and Balearic Islands masks mandatory even if you can maintain 1.5m separation.

Recommendation is put one on as you leave the door...

Tourists here are generally complying but under 30's less so.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

It’s mandatory to wear a mask when you are outside

We have a apartment near Benidorm, was speaking to one of our neighbours on the internet he said he went out and forgot his mask was stopped by the local police and given a 100 euro fine by the time he got back to his apartment he was stopped again this time by the national police and again fined 100 euro

Made going out for some milk and bread very expensive lol

Can’t complain they say if you go out without a mask and get caught it’s a 100 euro fine

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

"In Catalonia and Balearic Islands masks mandatory even if you can maintain 1.5m separation.

Recommendation is put one on as you leave the door...

Tourists here are generally complying but under 30's less so."

more or less the same here on the costa del sol, simple rule if your not sure then wear one, we have lots of Spaniards from inland here at the moment they are not getting stopped if there not wearing a mask again mainly the younger one`s but holiday makers are getting stopped if not wearing them.

A few areas of main land Spain are making you wear a mask when out and walking.

Luckily us down in GC don’t. Also the other day the WHO said one of the safest places in the world is the islands. Looks like the islands will be having a busier summer than normal! We don’t normally have a busy summer. High season here starts in October to March

By *rax and Mantis OP   Couple  over a year ago

Epsom

"A few areas of main land Spain are making you wear a mask when out and walking.

Luckily us down in GC don’t. Also the other day the WHO said one of the safest places in the world is the islands. Looks like the islands will be having a busier summer than normal! We don’t normally have a busy summer. High season here starts in October to March "

Good job I'm coming to PDI then.

The way its written on the spain info website states a mask must be worn if you cannot keep a 1.5m distance, but maybe it's just ambiguous to keep the government coffers up...

See you in about 3 weeks time

Looking forward to it

By *am MaguireMan  over a year ago

Cork

I'm hoping to be in the Costa Blanca torrevejca region in August so besides wearing masks which I think is a no brainer is there any thing else to look out for... Are the bars and restaurants opened fully?? Are the beaches safe etc

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

[Removed by poster at 12/07/20 08:03:37]

Costa Blanca Spain...

It does seem that different areas have different rules and the level of enforcement seems to vary as well.

In our area (Orihuela Costa) when walking outside with few people around then it isn't compulsory (or at least not enforced)

In busier areas, shopping centre's markets Etc. then you have to wear one also in all shops and public transport (including Taxi's)

Even in areas where do don't have to wear one it is strongly advised that you not only carry one but carry it visibly. Most here tend to wear it on the wrist.

Golden rule is. If in doubt, wear it.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I'm hoping to be in the Costa Blanca torrevejca region in August so besides wearing masks which I think is a no brainer is there any thing else to look out for... Are the bars and restaurants opened fully?? Are the beaches safe etc "

Not been on the Torrevieja beaches but La Zenia looked almost normal yesterday. A bit quieter than you would expect in July and people seemed to sort their own distancing. Very few (if any) wearing masks on the beach and we didn't see any police presence.

Most bars and restaurants around us seem to be open. Masks must be worn when inside but when sat at a table outside there is no problem. Again some seem to enforce it more than others.

The area is quieter than usual but still reasonably busy. Bonus being no traffic jams on the 332 (yet)

By *am MaguireMan  over a year ago

Cork

"I'm hoping to be in the Costa Blanca torrevejca region in August so besides wearing masks which I think is a no brainer is there any thing else to look out for... Are the bars and restaurants opened fully?? Are the beaches safe etc

Not been on the Torrevieja beaches but La Zenia looked almost normal yesterday. A bit quieter than you would expect in July and people seemed to sort their own distancing. Very few (if any) wearing masks on the beach and we didn't see any police presence.

Most bars and restaurants around us seem to be open. Masks must be worn when inside but when sat at a table outside there is no problem. Again some seem to enforce it more than others.

The area is quieter than usual but still reasonably busy. Bonus being no traffic jams on the 332 (yet)

"

Thank you so much guys for your precise and relevant information not only on this topic but other forms also I will be in the la zenia area in August maybe we can catch up x Sam

By *na_Luv_4PlayCouple  over a year ago

Santa lucia de Tirajana

Gran Canaria for us end of August beginning of September, Going to our holiday home.. will wear a mask throughout travel and follow guidelines once we are there.

By *essysteveCouple  over a year ago

ALICANTE AREA SPAIN

"I'm hoping to be in the Costa Blanca torrevejca region in August so besides wearing masks which I think is a no brainer is there any thing else to look out for... Are the bars and restaurants opened fully?? Are the beaches safe etc

"

We were at Torrevieja beach on Thursday - the restuarants are open and obvioulsy when eating and drinking masks cannot be worn. Most waiter/waitresses are wearing mask - still very keen to ensure that hand are sanitised entering bars and shops - the outlets all provide the sanitiser - good luck

» Add a new message to this topic