FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Jet2 announcement

Jet2 announcement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eddy and legs OP   Couple  over a year ago

the wetlands

This text probably deserves a thread if its own in case people haven't received one yet.

Following the latest government advice regarding travel to the UK from Spain, we are advising customers to arrive for their flights as normal as we are continuing to operate our scheduled programme to the Balearics and the Canaries. Our usual terms and conditions apply. As always, please ensure you have the appropriate travel insurance before travelling. This is a fast-moving situation, and we are continuing to monitor the situation very closely. If anything changes, we ll be in touch. Thank you for your patience.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ingerjo_leeCouple  over a year ago

swinton

We just had the txt to as we are going to gran canaria 8th August so looks like 3 weeks off work instead of 1

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We just had the txt to as we are going to gran canaria 8th August so looks like 3 weeks off work instead of 1"

But will you get paid for 2weeks isolation?. I think my work will not pay me which means i may need to cancel.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

When you get home, its 2 week quarantine yet you CANNOT claim ssp UNLESS you show symptoms.

This leads me to wonder how many will falsely claim to have symptoms to get ssp, this leading to a spike powered by what are essentially false positives, this leading to more lockdowns over here.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"When you get home, its 2 week quarantine yet you CANNOT claim ssp UNLESS you show symptoms.

This leads me to wonder how many will falsely claim to have symptoms to get ssp, this leading to a spike powered by what are essentially false positives, this leading to more lockdowns over here."

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Is there any mention of the cancellation options, OP? We're going with Tui in a few weeks. They did have the same policy as Jet2 in that they'll cancel any holidays with a quarrentine on return requirement.

the wetlands

"Is there any mention of the cancellation options, OP? We're going with Tui in a few weeks. They did have the same policy as Jet2 in that they'll cancel any holidays with a quarrentine on return requirement. "

The text is the quote, no point trying to read between the lines.

North Wales

I mean on your booking on the site? Have they changed their policy?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"We just had the txt to as we are going to gran canaria 8th August so looks like 3 weeks off work instead of 1"

.....or, you could take a chance, stay 2 weeks longer and hope the quarantine is dropped by the time you arrive home....

By *sbbwcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worthing

I know some free health care is available in Spain, but I understand that travel insurance might also now be invalid as FCO advise against all but essential travel.

North Wales

I just saw that Jet2 have removed their quarrentine-free promise

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

"When you get home, its 2 week quarantine yet you CANNOT claim ssp UNLESS you show symptoms.

This leads me to wonder how many will falsely claim to have symptoms to get ssp, this leading to a spike powered by what are essentially false positives, this leading to more lockdowns over here."

Would you then not have to call up for a test? And when it comes back negative you're back to square one still having to finish the 14 days, as it can take up to 14 days to show on a test if not expressing symtons.

By *rax and MantisCouple  over a year ago

Epsom

We was booked in on the 1st August to PDI through TUI.

Just changed it to Rhodes with an upgrade, for £20.12 (max upgrade cost is £500, our upgrade was £520.12) I'd advise to phone up and rebook if you want to or take a chance and defer it to a different time...

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

EHIC cards are still valid until 31 December and cover Covid19. You are covered immediately after applying online, even if you don't receive the card before you travel. Mine came yesterday in 6 days.

the wetlands

"I mean on your booking on the site? Have they changed their policy? "

We haven't looked, to be honest we're not bothered. When we booked there was 14 days quarantine returning to northern Ireland so nothing has changed.

swinton

Just had a email from jet2 saying good news check in but nothing about the flights not going to gran canaria 8th August so do I check in or not

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just had a email from jet2 saying good news check in but nothing about the flights not going to gran canaria 8th August so do I check in or not "

Tricky one, I guess it's best to check in, in the hope that they lift the restrictions. Good luck! Xx

swinton

"Just had a email from jet2 saying good news check in but nothing about the flights not going to gran canaria 8th August so do I check in or not

Tricky one, I guess it's best to check in, in the hope that they lift the restrictions. Good luck! Xx"

Friends have but got a message as they log in saying is not going ahead

chelmsford

"Just had a email from jet2 saying good news check in but nothing about the flights not going to gran canaria 8th August so do I check in or not

Tricky one, I guess it's best to check in, in the hope that they lift the restrictions. Good luck! Xx

Friends have but got a message as they log in saying is not going ahead "

Oh dear, not good is it...x

Leeds

What a sad situation

chelmsford

"Just had a email from jet2 saying good news check in but nothing about the flights not going to gran canaria 8th August so do I check in or not "

Have just announced they are cancelling flights until mid August

chelmsford

"What a sad situation"

It's very sad for all affected holidaymakers and businesses...

the wetlands

Have just announced they are cancelling flights until mid August "

Yes, they told passengers yesterday.

Ah well rebook repeat

chelmsford

Have just announced they are cancelling flights until mid August

Yes, they told passengers yesterday.

Ah well rebook repeat "

By *ifi and dunkieCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Islands are suspended till 9th August and mainland till 17th. Just announced Cyprus are suspended as well. Hopefully its a quick spike that can be controlled quickly.

Sorry to those who are having to cancel holidays, count yaself lucky you don't work for a airline....I maybe having to look for another job soon and jobs in aviation ain't happening anywhere!!

chelmsford

"Islands are suspended till 9th August and mainland till 17th. Just announced Cyprus are suspended as well. Hopefully its a quick spike that can be controlled quickly.

Sorry to those who are having to cancel holidays, count yaself lucky you don't work for a airline....I maybe having to look for another job soon and jobs in aviation ain't happening anywhere!! "

Good luck x

Chelmsford

"Islands are suspended till 9th August and mainland till 17th. Just announced Cyprus are suspended as well. Hopefully its a quick spike that can be controlled quickly.

Sorry to those who are having to cancel holidays, count yaself lucky you don't work for a airline....I maybe having to look for another job soon and jobs in aviation ain't happening anywhere!!

Good luck x"

Thank you xx

the wetlands

Sorry to those who are having to cancel holidays, count yaself lucky you don't work for a airline....I maybe having to look for another job soon and jobs in aviation ain't happening anywhere!! "

Hopefully you'll get back to work soon

Chelmsford

Hopefully you'll get back to work soon "

Thank you

Got back to work about 3 weeks ago but looks like a large number will be going back on furlough and redundancies are in the pipeline due to massive cutbacks.

the wetlands

Hopefully you'll get back to work soon

Thank you

Got back to work about 3 weeks ago but looks like a large number will be going back on furlough and redundancies are in the pipeline due to massive cutbacks. "

At.least you have your health and hopefully things will get back to normal soon

swinton

We was surposed to go to gran canaria 8th August and had a email off jet2 saying that our refund will be in our account within the next 28 days

chelmsford

"We was surposed to go to gran canaria 8th August and had a email off jet2 saying that our refund will be in our account within the next 28 days

"

that's good sorry you've missed your holiday x

swinton

"We was surposed to go to gran canaria 8th August and had a email off jet2 saying that our refund will be in our account within the next 28 days

that's good sorry you've missed your holiday x"

Yeah we are gutted love gran canaria and wasn't going to swing, we just wanted a holiday

chelmsford

Yeah we are gutted love gran canaria and wasn't going to swing, we just wanted a holiday

"

Ash bless you. Will you book anywhere else?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

that's good sorry you've missed your holiday x"

What’s good about getting a refund within 28 days? What happens if you have booked time off work? The refund should be in your account at least 7 days before you were due to fly out to enable you to make alternative arrangements

chelmsford

What’s good about getting a refund within 28 days? What happens if you have booked time off work? The refund should be in your account at least 7 days before you were due to fly out to enable you to make alternative arrangements "

It's good because some have waited months for refunds!

Leeds

It took me 117 days to get my refund from Norwegian Cruise Line

chelmsford

"It took me 117 days to get my refund from Norwegian Cruise Line"

Not good Sally..

the wetlands

What’s good about getting a refund within 28 days? What happens if you have booked time off work? The refund should be in your account at least 7 days before you were due to fly out to enable you to make alternative arrangements "

You could choose a voucher from the time jet2 cancelled the flight to rebook. Don't know about others

swinton

We are happy to get in in 28 days could of booked else where because we have the time off work but decided not to just incase any where else needed the 2 weeks quarantine

chelmsford

What’s good about getting a refund within 28 days? What happens if you have booked time off work? The refund should be in your account at least 7 days before you were due to fly out to enable you to make alternative arrangements

We are happy to get in in 28 days could of booked else where because we have the time off work but decided not to just incase any where else needed the 2 weeks quarantine "

Good decision

xx

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Jet2 cancelled our flight 27th August as no longer flying on a Thursday so we used the credit note to book the 25th August instead, the day before they did the 14 quarantine rule, the flight was cheaper that we booked so Jet2 refunded the difference but may as well of just asked for a full refund in the beginning as can’t see us going at all now

Found Jet2 to be one of the best on refunding to be fair.

Waiting for mine to be cancelled again, 5th September, going to give up rebooking till the world is a better place

North Wales

We find out tomorrow (Friday) from Tui if we're still going on the 20th.

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Its a bad time to fly any where we changed to next yr 3 months ago, knew this would happen, dont understand y ppl r so desperate to get away, its not going to happen, and greece is slowly being dragged on to the naughty list oh holiday hot spots

Leeds

"dont understand y ppl r so desperate to get away"

Hot sunshine, a sea warm enough to swim in and tasty local food ?

"dont understand y ppl r so desperate to get away

Hot sunshine, a sea warm enough to swim in and tasty local food ?"

And a house we haven’t been to in nearly 8 months

By *ustHMan  over a year ago

Morley / Vera Playa

"dont understand y ppl r so desperate to get away

Hot sunshine, a sea warm enough to swim in and tasty local food ?

And a house we haven’t been to in nearly 8 months "

Just had my flights in October cancelled... I'm pleased that I managed to get out for a week, despite having to quarantine on my return. Like you say, if you have a property over there, it's good to know that's it's still standing and that the squatters haven't moved in.

Just had another Jet2 flight cancelled, so looked on their site and it looks like they won’t be flying Manchester to Almeria until May 2021

Can you fly in to Malaga and drive up the journeys around 2.45 hrs , i have family in Mojacar have driven that route numerous times quite pleasant on the coast road or through Granada is beautiful too

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

We were due to fly out on 16th to Almeria & onto Vera Playa for 3 wks but that got cancelled. Looks like all flights from Mcr & Leeds to Almeria & Murcia are canc now till next yr. So we have given up on this yr, with the apt already booked for same time next year, think we will look into taking a few extra days & drive down at a leisurely pace, instead of flying & hiring a car!

Notice flights to Alicante are still on but prices have gone through the roof & as yet with no govt relaxation on travel advice, means no valid insurance...its a no no from us now!

swinton

Had our gran canaria holiday cancelled this Sat and received a refund back in our account today. They said it would take 28 days to go back in our account but its took less than a week

Thanks jet2

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 04/08/20 23:34:19]

chelmsford

Jet 2 cancelled all flights to Spain and it's islands, up to and including 22 August...

North Wales

Tui have done the same. No PDI for us this year

chelmsford

"Tui have done the same. No PDI for us this year "

And for many, I think....

» Add a new message to this topic