FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Good news for Canary island visitors

Good news for Canary island visitors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *omeback Bar Couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria

Dear friends and guests today it was in the spanish news, here is the translation:

"More security for tourists in the Canaries

The Canary Islands Government has signed an insurance policy to be the first Spanish community to guarantee tourists that they will cover all the costs of a coronavirus incident for vacationers: repatriation, medical expenses and quarantine.

The policy applies to both Spanish tourists (including island tourists) and foreign tourists, on the condition that the traveler did not know that he had Covid-19 before he went on holiday in the Canary Islands, the Ministry of Tourism said in a statement.

In his view, this travel support insurance "represents another attraction of the travel destination that is already characterized by its health security, in front of those who are currently deciding where they want to spend their vacation".

The Canary Islands remain the safest vacation destination in all of Europe."

Source (if it´s necessary to show)

https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/canarias-gastos-turistas-cuarentena-20200805114703-ntrc.html#vca=fixed-btn&vso=rrss&vmc=fb&vli=Sociedad

Hope to see you all soon...

Kisses

Comeback Bar & Fun4All Team

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Excellent news

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Hope this means the uk government may look at local lock downs for spain and release the canaries

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's good news had a read through and it doesn't cover the 14 day quarantine travellers have to do when they land back in the UK which is the main reason English people is cancelling their planned holidays. I suppose is up to each one if they can afford the quarantine but for us that's the reason we won't be flying to Spain in September as much as we would like to.

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"Dear friends and guests today it was in the spanish news, here is the translation:

The Canary Islands Government has signed an insurance policy to be the first Spanish community to guarantee tourists that they will cover all the costs of a coronavirus incident for vacationers: repatriation, medical expenses and quarantine.

The policy applies to both Spanish tourists (including island tourists) and foreign tourists, on the condition that the traveler did not know that he had Covid-19 before he went on holiday in the Canary Islands, the Ministry of Tourism said in a statement.

In his view, this travel support insurance "represents another attraction of the travel destination that is already characterized by its health security, in front of those who are currently deciding where they want to spend their vacation".

https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/canarias-gastos-turistas-cuarentena-20200805114703-ntrc.html#vca=fixed-btn&vso=rrss&vmc=fb&vli=Sociedad

Kisses

Comeback Bar & Fun4All Team"

Great news for us ALL

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Excellent news! See you 4 weeks on Saturday. And yes... I'm counting

"That's good news had a read through and it doesn't cover the 14 day quarantine travellers have to do when they land back in the UK which is the main reason English people is cancelling their planned holidays. I suppose is up to each one if they can afford the quarantine but for us that's the reason we won't be flying to Spain in September as much as we would like to."

We are the lucky ones that can isolate so this is good news for us as we have plans to travel in September x

Great news, now how do we make sure they honour this announcement if we travel and become ill, not just with Covid_19 x

Leeds

They have not said they will cover anything except Covid19

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Great news, now how do we make sure they honour this announcement if we travel and become ill, not just with Covid_19 x

"

We have to trust them I guess and I think it's only Covid related, you will still need your travel insurance for other medical treatment.

By *eartyMan  over a year ago

Bothwell

Well A & R this news has put a huge smile on my face. Will wait and see how it transpires !!

I am maybe a wee bit luckier as it is still 8 weeks till I am due to come over. But I will keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers

By *k2nkCouple  over a year ago

livingston

Just back from PDI, it's definitely safer over there than in the Uk.

Most people wear masks out walking the streets, temperature checks before you enter bars and supermarkets as well as staff insisting you clean your hands before entering the premises.

Not everything is open but there are enough places open to make it worthwhile.

The residents and businesses are really making an effort to ensure holidaymakers enjoy there stay and more importantly stay safe.

chelmsford

"Just back from PDI, it's definitely safer over there than in the Uk.

Most people wear masks out walking the streets, temperature checks before you enter bars and supermarkets as well as staff insisting you clean your hands before entering the premises.

Not everything is open but there are enough places open to make it worthwhile.

The residents and businesses are really making an effort to ensure holidaymakers enjoy there stay and more importantly stay safe."

That's good news

By *ixieandfairyCouple  over a year ago

St Helier

"Dear friends and guests today it was in the spanish news, here is the translation:

Kisses

Comeback Bar & Fun4All Team"

This is great to hear, thank you for posting!

By *olce and GabbanaCouple  over a year ago

St Neots, UK

Great news and hopefully a step in the right direction. Our hols in PDI mid Oct looking more and more promising!!

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Would cost too much to be viable

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Oh I really hope we can there in October

Xx

Returned to the U.K. last night from Tenerife to East Midlands we filled in the location form online but everyone was waved through from our flight some not all had not filled in the online form and therefore no record or contact numbers registered and I assume some won’t quarantine for the required 14 days,

"Great news, now how do we make sure they honour this announcement if we travel and become ill, not just with Covid_19 x

We have to trust them I guess and I think it's only Covid related, you will still need your travel insurance for other medical treatment."

Which they won't do as a holiday is not classed as essential travel. Let's hope this gesture will encourage our government to re evaluate their decision on putting the Canary Islands on the non essential travel list.

Thank you everyone for clarifying what is covered by the canaries government.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Our current annual policy renewed recently covers us for everything except Covid in Spain even for non essential travel.

"Our current annual policy renewed recently covers us for everything except Covid in Spain even for non essential travel."

I think we'll check with our insurance company as I'm assuming they wouldn't cover for essential travel. Thank you x

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 07/08/20 22:36:16]

the wetlands

"Our current annual policy renewed recently covers us for everything except Covid in Spain even for non essential travel.

I think we'll check with our insurance company as I'm assuming they wouldn't cover for essential travel. Thank you x

"

Yes, do check, they aren't all the same

And also ask for a transcript of the phone call by email just in case.

Obviously you won't have any cover for cancellation of flights or holiday but normal medical cover yes.

By *imilfCouple  over a year ago

rugeley

all sounds good but if you travel against the FCO advice I presume your travel ins will become null and void.

Good news. Fingers crossed our trip to Corralejo goes ahead in November.

chelmsford

"all sounds good but if you travel against the FCO advice I presume your travel ins will become null and void."

Most likely, yes. As above poster, check your policies carefully.

the wetlands

"all sounds good but if you travel against the FCO advice I presume your travel ins will become null and void."

Never presume anything about insurance.

Ask, and preferably get documentation

By *imilfCouple  over a year ago

rugeley

not presuming now .if you go non essential travel to the canaries and anything happens .you got no insurance

Leeds

EHIC cards are not valid in the Canaries

Yes they are but only in hospital and not private clinics

Leeds

Thanks for clarification

the wetlands

"not presuming now .if you go non essential travel to the canaries and anything happens .you got no insurance"

Not ours, it doesn't cover for anything related to covid but DOES cover EVERYTHING else that it normally would.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

"not presuming now .if you go non essential travel to the canaries and anything happens .you got no insurance"

Not true, depends on your insurance. We have checked ours and we are still covered.

Excellent news, I've not had chance yet to check so hopefully they will do the same

» Add a new message to this topic