FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Playa del Ingles October 2020

Playa del Ingles October 2020

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who is still going regardless? I can quarantine and work from home on my return but is it worth going if it's a ghost town? I'm supposed to be flying 2nd october for 17nights from bristol with Ryanair

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who is still going regardless? I can quarantine and work from home on my return but is it worth going if it's a ghost town? I'm supposed to be flying 2nd october for 17nights from bristol with Ryanair

"

It'll only be a ghost town if nobody goes because they think it will be a ghost town.

We are going regardless. If the planes are flying and the good people of GC will have us we WILL be there! We are bringing friends with us too so sorry ghosts... enjoy the peace and quiet because we are seriously in the mood to party.

Arriving on 5 October. Leaving on the 26th. Staying in an 8 person villa and have NO intention of being lonely!

PDI. You. Have. Been. Warned.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Who is still going regardless? I can quarantine and work from home on my return but is it worth going if it's a ghost town? I'm supposed to be flying 2nd october for 17nights from bristol with Ryanair

"

I think it's very much a personal choice, what are your expectations and are they likely to be fulfilled. No one can know what will be happening when you are booked to go, but it's still a lovely time of year to have a sunny holiday

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 11/09/20 17:28:37]

Belfast

I think it's very much a personal choice, what are your expectations and are they likely to be fulfilled. No one can know what will be happening when you are booked to go, but it's still a lovely time of year to have a sunny holiday "

I agree with you ...

Cant go in October this year .. 2 weeks quarantine from gc to uk .... well i will lose my job !!

Anyway everyone who can go .. enjoy it !!!x

chelmsford

I think it's very much a personal choice, what are your expectations and are they likely to be fulfilled. No one can know what will be happening when you are booked to go, but it's still a lovely time of year to have a sunny holiday

I agree with you ...

Cant go in October this year .. 2 weeks quarantine from gc to uk .... well i will lose my job !!

"

That's a shame RB x

Belfast

I agree with you ...

That's a shame RB x"

Yes Samiss... but that is life and lots of people in the same situation now .. x

chelmsford

I agree with you ...

That's a shame RB x

Yes Samiss... but that is life and lots of people in the same situation now .. x"

They certainly are, let's hope things change soon, for everyone x

Belfast

I agree with you ...

That's a shame RB x

Yes Samiss... but that is life and lots of people in the same situation now .. x

They certainly are, let's hope things change soon, for everyone x"

x

By *lue692u2Couple  over a year ago

palma mallorca

We are going to venus 17th sept, on a one way see how it goes feeling positive ??

By *lue692u2Couple  over a year ago

palma mallorca

[Removed by poster at 11/09/20 19:58:42]

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I agree with you ...

That's a shame RB x

They certainly are, let's hope things change soon, for everyone x"

The canaries government are working really hard on testing on arrival and departure to try to get tourists back so keep you fingers crossed RB it's not over yet

Belfast

I agree with you ...

That's a shame RB x

They certainly are, let's hope things change soon, for everyone x

The canaries government are working really hard on testing on arrival and departure to try to get tourists back so keep you fingers crossed RB it's not over yet "

Yes gc goverment are working hard on testing .. but even if i will be tested negative i still have to self isolate for 14 days .that the way it is in NI ..

Unless it will change in October x

By *ncubussuccubusCouple  over a year ago

funky

We are going with Jet2 on a package booked 12 months ago... I am almost certain it will be cancelled and, tbh, want them to do so asap.

Our backup plan is to fly via a carrier still flying and spend our time at Venus (we are already booked for a few days).

If I were a gambler I would book now but I'm not lol.... I just hope we can book flights and Venus at short notice....

By *inaMarkCouple  over a year ago

cyprus

If the flight goes (Easyjet) then we go, still 4 weeks so anything could change (quarantine being lifted for Islands) (Spain Stopping UK because of our numbers) (World stops spinning) etc.

It's a holiday, we've both been lucky enough to work all thru the lockdown and want a break.

The urge isn't the sex, the urge is just to get away .. from fools here (not Fabs ..well mostly) from constant news about the virus.

"We are going with Jet2 on a package booked 12 months ago... I am almost certain it will be cancelled and, tbh, want them to do so asap.

Our backup plan is to fly via a carrier still flying and spend our time at Venus (we are already booked for a few days).

If I were a gambler I would book now but I'm not lol.... I just hope we can book flights and Venus at short notice...."

Our deposit went through today. If our flight gets cancelled we will join you on a last minute search.

funky

"We are going with Jet2 on a package booked 12 months ago... I am almost certain it will be cancelled and, tbh, want them to do so asap.

If I were a gambler I would book now but I'm not lol.... I just hope we can book flights and Venus at short notice....

Our deposit went through today. If our flight gets cancelled we will join you on a last minute search."

That's the thing.... There may be a mass rush to book flights....

We will probably go with wizzair

funky

"If the flight goes (Easyjet) then we go, still 4 weeks so anything could change (quarantine being lifted for Islands) (Spain Stopping UK because of our numbers) (World stops spinning) etc.

It's a holiday, we've both been lucky enough to work all thru the lockdown and want a break.

The urge isn't the sex, the urge is just to get away .. from fools here (not Fabs ..well mostly) from constant news about the virus.

"

Totally agree......

Our deposit went through today. If our flight gets cancelled we will join you on a last minute search.

We will probably go with wizzair"

Are you as tempted as we are to just get on a plane tomorrow?

[Removed by poster at 12/09/20 21:13:28]

Return flight booked with Ryanair. Couldnt not at £19.99 one way. PDI on 2nd October for 17 nights. Ghost town or not, itll be whatever I make of it. Hope to see some of you there.

By *eatherJerryCouple  over a year ago

local

Once again doom & gloom

Just take it as a holiday. There is still places open in the yumbo centre and cita for a drink

chelmsford

"Once again doom & gloom

Just take it as a holiday. There is still places open in the yumbo centre and cita for a drink "

Maybe let people make their own decisions. Not everyone can quarantine for 2 weeks....it's not really about having a drink either...

Just seen Greenfield hotel is shut down

By *ADcouple_2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

We have two weeks booked off from work from the 8th and if the flight and hotel are still available, then we go. Either that or its two weeks sitting at home as we have to have the time off work. If we go away and then have to sit at home for two weeks to isolate, at least we will have had two weeks of sun beforehand. We are lucky as we can work from home while isolating.

If the holiday ends up being two weeks of reading, a couple of early drinks and early nights, we would rather do that in the sun, than indoors in the Midlands.

chelmsford

"Just seen Greenfield hotel is shut down "

Where did you see that? That's sad, it's a very popular hotel.

chelmsford

"We have two weeks booked off from work from the 8th and if the flight and hotel are still available, then we go. Either that or its two weeks sitting at home as we have to have the time off work. If we go away and then have to sit at home for two weeks to isolate, at least we will have had two weeks of sun beforehand. We are lucky as we can work from home while isolating.

If the holiday ends up being two weeks of reading, a couple of early drinks and early nights, we would rather do that in the sun, than indoors in the Midlands. "

Makes sense

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Abora catarina closed while november

chelmsford

"Abora catarina closed while november"

Really..didn't know that either, I know some of the Riu hotels are closing for a period. X

If we don’t have a quarantine on our return we will be there from the 11th for 11 nights, if Venus is fully occupied we will stay at another adult only hotel.

Turkey is probably plan b

By *DCouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We will probably go with wizzair"

If you go with wizzair book Saturdays flights only! They changed my October flights dates 3 times already. They moved passengers from midweeks flights to Saturdays.

By *ebsandkevCouple  over a year ago

Crowborough

"Just seen Greenfield hotel is shut down

Where did you see that? That's sad, it's a very popular hotel."

Phoned them yesterday and yes greenfield is closed we are ment to be out there in October 10th but thay said would not be open so not looking good

chelmsford

"Just seen Greenfield hotel is shut down

Where did you see that? That's sad, it's a very popular hotel.

Phoned them yesterday and yes greenfield is closed we are ment to be out there in October 10th but thay said would not be open so not looking good"

Oh dear, can you get somewhere else?

funky

We will probably go with wizzair

If you go with wizzair book Saturdays flights only! They changed my October flights dates 3 times already. They moved passengers from midweeks flights to Saturdays. "

Thanks... Yes, that's what I was looking at.... Luton

Probably wouldn't need much luggage either... They have 3 luggage options it seems..

Still waiting for Jet2 at the mo.... And then decide if we even bother tbh as we are back in Dec anyway (in theory)

By *rs Blue EyesWoman  over a year ago

Falmouth

We are going on the 1st October for a month, staying at Venus for the first week. All been confirmed today So fingers crossed xx

"Abora catarina closed while november

Really..didn't know that either, I know some of the Riu hotels are closing for a period. X"

I didn't either, we are booked to go out there 4th November but TIU are not chasing us for balance. I'm wondering if this is why and will they open in November?

chelmsford

Really..didn't know that either, I know some of the Riu hotels are closing for a period. X

I didn't either, we are booked to go out there 4th November but TIU are not chasing us for balance. I'm wondering if this is why and will they open in November?

"

Hmm...you would think TUI would let you know, one way or the other...

By *onglegcoupleCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We are supposed to be going pdi for the 24th of oct, whats everyones next swinging holiday if we all cant go to pdi?

By *DCouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"

They should be open from 1st November. You can check what Lopesan hotels will be closed on lopesan dot com site.

By *arnsleyduoCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"

We are also due in the caterina on the 4th.

Booked with easyjet holidays

And heard nothing yet.

No news is good news lol

By *ippleCouple  over a year ago

North west

Friends of ours there just sent video from the city its like a ghost town over there

By *eartyMan  over a year ago

Bothwell

I am still thinking of going ..... if it is allowed.

The fun might not be there .... but some sunshine and relaxing is good.

I could stay at home ..... and put my lights on at 7 now !! Woohoo !!!

chelmsford

"Friends of ours there just sent video from the city its like a ghost town over there "

It does seem odd seeing places closed so early...

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

Hello all, I will be leaving it this year then going next year 2021 instead , I normally go in November for 33 nights and in March 2021 for the first time , I will leave it till the last minute minutes book and I know it will cost more then mass it About , It's a shame this all happened , I got 3 good friends Living in PDI that told me to leave it for a while

chelmsford

"Hello all, I will be leaving it this year then going next year 2021 instead , I normally go in November for 33 nights and in March 2021 for the first time , I will leave it till the last minute minutes book and I know it will cost more then mass it About , It's a shame this all happened , I got 3 good friends Living in PDI that told me to leave it for a while "

Morning Eric, hope you are well. Yes we won't go this year either, I hope things pick up for them soon. Take care.

"The Canary Islands Government has several test options to carry out on tourists entering and leaving the islands, as has been sent to the central Government in Madrid for approval, although it has a preference for a test that has all the guarantees of reliability, is the fastest on the market giving reliable results in just two minutes, and it only costs 15 euros"

chelmsford

""The Canary Islands Government has several test options to carry out on tourists entering and leaving the islands, as has been sent to the central Government in Madrid for approval, although it has a preference for a test that has all the guarantees of reliability, is the fastest on the market giving reliable results in just two minutes, and it only costs 15 euros"

"

When will that be ready for use?

""The Canary Islands Government has several test options to carry out on tourists entering and leaving the islands, as has been sent to the central Government in Madrid for approval, although it has a preference for a test that has all the guarantees of reliability, is the fastest on the market giving reliable results in just two minutes, and it only costs 15 euros"

When will that be ready for use? "

The article doesn’t say. I think the choice of test has been left to the Canarians but the kit is being bought by Madrid. Here's the rest of the article:

"It is called the DSA Analyzer test, from the Rhogen laboratory, which works as a kind of hand-held breathalyzer and allows giving results from exhaled air.

This test, which was approved by European standards last week, as it meets all the reliability parameters, allows the identification of the different phases of virus infection through exhaled air.

The other option is the rapid detection PCR whose cost is 30 euros, but the time for results is one hour. The advantages of the Rhogen laboratory test are what make it the first option, according to Government sources.

In addition to informing Central Government of these two test options, the document sent by the regional Executive, through the Tourism and Health Ministries, points to two "requirements" of the Canary Islands.

The first is that the tests must be done at airports, which are the responsibility of the State, since other alternatives, such as doing it abroad have logistics and costs that make it very difficult.

The Canary Islands also want all passengers to be included, and not just foreign tourists.

chelmsford

That's interesting

"That's interesting "

There are also stories in the press that Pfizer will have a vaccine approved by the end of October. This might just be rumours to bump up their share prices but they are saying their data is already submitted.

chelmsford

"That's interesting

There are also stories in the press that Pfizer will have a vaccine approved by the end of October. This might just be rumours to bump up their share prices but they are saying their data is already submitted. "

Let's hope they get this sorted soon

roll on 8th oct ours still isnt cancelled so aslong as the sun is out then wee will be ther

Has anyone ever done a one way cruise to or from the Canaries?

By *alentino7Man  over a year ago

Harrow

I hear there hardly any people in PDI at present, last drink is 2330 everywhere, then clubs are shut.

Looks like I'll have to consider a different destination Any ideas?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Has anyone ever done a one way cruise to or from the Canaries?"

I don't think any sea cruises are operating at present, just some small ship river cruises

"Has anyone ever done a one way cruise to or from the Canaries?

I don't think any sea cruises are operating at present, just some small ship river cruises"

I really fancy the idea of flying to GC one way and cruising back after our holiday.

"I hear there hardly any people in PDI at present, last drink is 2330 everywhere, then clubs are shut.

Looks like I'll have to consider a different destination Any ideas?"

The Canaries are desperate to get their Covid-19 numbers down before the winter season starts. So a quiet period prior to October makes good sense.

chelmsford

"I hear there hardly any people in PDI at present, last drink is 2330 everywhere, then clubs are shut.

Looks like I'll have to consider a different destination Any ideas?

The Canaries are desperate to get their Covid-19 numbers down before the winter season starts. So a quiet period prior to October makes good sense."

It does actually

"Hello all, I will be leaving it this year then going next year 2021 instead , I normally go in November for 33 nights and in March 2021 for the first time , I will leave it till the last minute minutes book and I know it will cost more then mass it About , It's a shame this all happened , I got 3 good friends Living in PDI that told me to leave it for a while "

We have also been told the same. So sad xxx

They should be open from 1st November. You can check what Lopesan hotels will be closed on lopesan dot com site. "

We have been told by an employee that they may not open until December. We're due to go in November and TUI have still not asked us to pay balance. Makes us suspicious.

Hmm...you would think TUI would let you know, one way or the other..."

We will be chasing TUI so we can make alternative plans

chelmsford

Hmm...you would think TUI would let you know, one way or the other...

We will be chasing TUI so we can make alternative plans

"

good luck

To all those with holiday packages booked recommend you pay your balance on or before due dates. Otherwise you leave yourselves open to loosing your deposit, even if later your holiday company cancelled all holidays for your dates. Might be why TUI are not chasing overdue balances?? They don't have to! Just keep your deposit. Free money for them

» Add a new message to this topic