FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > well i was right

well i was right

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustonce1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

well serves people right for trying too eacape a lockdown country for Christmas !!!!

rules are rules

down too the ignorance of people why this disgusting disease is spreading

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about those who live out there?

Have a house?

Registered with the municipality? Bank accounts?

Medical Aid?

NIE application going through as we speak and in th UK to clear out a house they will no longer be living in???

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"well serves people right for trying too eacape a lockdown country for Christmas !!!!

rules are rules

down too the ignorance of people why this disgusting disease is spreading "

How are you right? At least people who are travelling have been tested and have to test negative to get there. I know where I would be, given the chance

chelmsford

"What about those who live out there?

Have a house?

Medical Aid?

NIE application going through as we speak and in th UK to clear out a house they will no longer be living in??? "

chelmsford

"well serves people right for trying too eacape a lockdown country for Christmas !!!!

rules are rules

Why would you celebrate people losing their flights and holidays and probably money too...are you still hoping to go?..

rules are rules

Why would you celebrate people losing their flights and holidays and probably money too...are you still hoping to go?.."

I hope he still goes. Can't wait for him to touch down in Las Palmas so we can welcome him to paradise

chelmsford

rules are rules

Why would you celebrate people losing their flights and holidays and probably money too...are you still hoping to go?..

I hope he still goes. Can't wait for him to touch down in Las Palmas so we can welcome him to paradise "

rules are rules

I hope he still goes. Can't wait for him to touch down in Las Palmas so we can welcome him to paradise

"

Are yous still going to las Palmas

chelmsford

rules are rules

Are yous still going to las Palmas "

No we aren't allowed to travel there at the moment

rules are rules

No we aren't allowed to travel there at the moment "

I thought so .i was going to go too

By *igoodnightCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

You can still fly to the canary islands

Tenerife shut their doors too

chelmsford

rules are rules

No we aren't allowed to travel there at the moment

I thought so .i was going to go too "

Let's hope it's sorts itself out soon

rules are rules

Are yous still going to las Palmas "

Residents are still allowed to return at this stage. Poor OP will be gutted

chelmsford

"You can still fly to the canary islands "

I don't think us tourists can

By *uresilkCouple  over a year ago

staffordshire

rules are rules

By *uresilkCouple  over a year ago

staffordshire

The UK was not in lockdown when we came out here.

We have not gone against any rules to come out here.

We are not ignorant, and the reason this disease is spreading has nothing to do with us.

We were tested before we arrived, as were other holiday makers who are out here now.

We are having a great time, and intend to continue to do so, until we return in mid/end of January.

Our thoughts go out to all of those who were intending to be out here for Christmas and New Year, and hope you finally get your well earned break away from the UK.

Get a life OP.

[Removed by poster at 22/12/20 05:49:14]

By *igdodger13Man  over a year ago

sompting

rules are rules

You really are an unpleasant person that you are happy for other persons misery.

By *86 and 987Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

By *aynsamCouple  over a year ago

london/ cumb

Have a house?

Medical Aid?

NIE application going through as we speak and in th UK to clear out a house they will no longer be living in??? "

We are in this position right now !!

rules are rules

You really are an unpleasant person that you are happy for other persons misery."

You missed the post where he wanted someone or possibly everyone to get Covid-19 and wind up in hospital. Nice guy!

Have a house?

Medical Aid?

NIE application going through as we speak and in th UK to clear out a house they will no longer be living in???

We are in this position right now !!"

Do you have your paperwork to prove you have started you residencia application?

... "

Were you waggling a finger in reprimand as you wrote this?

"The UK was not in lockdown when we came out here.

We are not ignorant, and the reason this disease is spreading has nothing to do with us.

We were tested before we arrived, as were other holiday makers who are out here now.

We are having a great time, and intend to continue to do so, until we return in mid/end of January.

Our thoughts go out to all of those who were intending to be out here for Christmas and New Year, and hope you finally get your well earned break away from the UK.

Get a life OP. "

Have a great time. Can't wait to get back there and start our new life and have new adventures and make new memories.

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"You can still fly to the canary islands "

Sorry you can't unless you live there and are returning home. Spain who runs the airports is closed to the uk.

Basically myself and Mr C will get to Las Palmas airport and be told we can't come in. Gonna be like Tom Hanks in that film! Lol

chelmsford

The FCDO site is misleading, it still says the restrictions on travel to Spain, excludes the canary islands, which is clearly wrong. I can see why the poster is confused...

chelmsford

"Basically myself and Mr C will get to Las Palmas airport and be told we can't come in. Gonna be like Tom Hanks in that film! Lol "

Aaw, I hope not...

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Get a life OP. "

I did the except thing as you except I'm waiting at the hotel to be collected as I'm flying home today.

I know I was lucky but everyone deserves a break at least once a year. I haven't added to this virus, in fact I feel I've escaped it for a short while.

When I get home and begin work again in January, I will be in a much better place to deal with what I the world decides to throw at me.

Maybe the Op is a bit jealous?

Get a life OP.

I did the except thing as you except I'm waiting at the hotel to be collected as I'm flying home today.

I know I was lucky but everyone deserves a break at least once a year. I haven't added to this virus, in fact I feel I've escaped it for a short while.

When I get home and begin work again in January, I will be in a much better place to deal with what I the world decides to throw at me.

Maybe the Op is a bit jealous? "

Glad you had a nice time

And I hope it won't be too much of a shock when you are back in the UK.

This site used to be full of nice caring people, what’s happened? Now it’s just bitter and nasty people having a go at people ,

By *ustonce1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leicester

thank you

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

"thank you "

You still going on April 22nd to the caterina ? Better hope you make some new friends by then.

chelmsford

"thank you

You still going on April 22nd to the caterina ? Better hope you make some new friends by then. "

Better hope it's open and we're not in lockdown

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"thank you

You still going on April 22nd to the caterina ? Better hope you make some new friends by then.

Better hope it's open and we're not in lockdown "

Think I would rather be at home than at the Caterina - it’s the pits! If it’s not too late change your hotel. We went last year- stayed there for a day before asking for a move, worst hotel we have ever been in.

chelmsford

"thank you

Think I would rather be at home than at the Caterina - it’s the pits! If it’s not too late change your hotel. We went last year- stayed there for a day before asking for a move, worst hotel we have ever been in. "

Oh dear, I haven't stayed there myself

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"thank you

Think I would rather be at home than at the Caterina - it’s the pits! If it’s not too late change your hotel. We went last year- stayed there for a day before asking for a move, worst hotel we have ever been in. "

. Hi your so right the worst place we have ever stayed in pdi it’s grim

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Enough of the back biting! We're all in this mess together and the world is lacking in leadership to cope with it(with a few exceptions?) I'd love to get away from the wet and cold, but really don't fancy the amount of potential hassle involved in leaving home and returning to yet another set of hastily cobbled together rules. Being slightly disabled I need some aids to get me through a normal day!

I'll sit tight for the time being??

chelmsford

"Enough of the back biting! We're all in this mess together and the world is lacking in leadership to cope with it(with a few exceptions?) I'd love to get away from the wet and cold, but really don't fancy the amount of potential hassle involved in leaving home and returning to yet another set of hastily cobbled together rules. Being slightly disabled I need some aids to get me through a normal day!

I'll sit tight for the time being?? "

We're doing the same

By *ann SummersMan  over a year ago

Dartford

OP is just a negative troll, trawling for a reaction.

We were lucky enough to visit in the window we had through July and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was our second visit after April 2019.

I wish everyone the best Christmas possible in these trying times and hope that normal life will resume in 2021. We love the life, we love hearing about other people’s experiences and preferences aired on this forum. Everyone has a preference which doesn’t mean that any other opinion is wrong.

We’re hoping to get there next spring too.

Look after yourselves and #BeKind is still relevant.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Wow I’m suprised some are slagging off the catarina

What’s changed

We have always loved it there

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Wow I’m suprised some are slagging off the catarina

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx"

Rooms ok

Food crap

Roof terrace not a patch on seaside Sandy beach

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx"

Brilliant comment x

Well I will be going as soon as we are allowed. Hopefully there will be a few of us from here too. I will be watching out for the go ahead soon as we get the green light to go

"thank you

Think I would rather be at home than at the Caterina - it’s the pits! If it’s not too late change your hotel. We went last year- stayed there for a day before asking for a move, worst hotel we have ever been in.

Oh dear, I haven't stayed there myself "

We've stayed there a few times now and would never describe as the pits. We're really fussy as well. We have never stayed around the pool area as love the beach, we go on the roof terrace if it's too windy. It's central to everything and staff are really friendly xxx

chelmsford

"thank you

Oh dear, I haven't stayed there myself

We've stayed there a few times now and would never describe as the pits. We're really fussy as well. We have never stayed around the pool area as love the beach, we go on the roof terrace if it's too windy. It's central to everything and staff are really friendly xxx"

Oh thank you. I've only heard good reports from friends who have stayed there

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx"

Well said!

And also really close to Cita, and also good location for the beach xx

rotherham

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx

Rooms ok

Food crap

Roof terrace not a patch on seaside Sandy beach "

Well none of them are exactly the same guys

Everyone has a preference but I wouldn’t exactly say Catarina was the pits

rules are rules

Someone’s not getting any methinks

By *randmrsnawtyCouple  over a year ago

PO 36

rules are rules

Well ain't you a clever little ray of sunshine..

Tested before you leave and tested on return.. oh your weekly trip to Asda is so much safer..

By *LLY69Man  over a year ago

Gorey

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx

Rooms ok

Food crap

Well none of them are exactly the same guys

Everyone has a preference but I wouldn’t exactly say Catarina was the pits

"

Catarina is a mid range 4* all inclusive ,mid price hotel.Good value for what you pay not premier 4 star or 5 star but not priced as such.

rotherham

And it’s very popular

X

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

Get a life OP. "

Same here booked over a year ago before we knew about covid ...came out when corridor lifted no lockdown and no isolation at the time so broke no rules in getting here

Safer here and adhering to all rules and curfews unlike alot in the uk who are still going against rules and breaking them thats why its spreading

By *etraianCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Have a house?

Medical Aid?

We are in this position right now !!

Do you have your paperwork to prove you have started you residencia application?"

nie is not residentia application. If they had started residential/TIA. Then they are free to return to spain covid testing necessary though

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Altrincham & Portsmouth

rules are rules

A little harsh, whilst I agree with you regarding a minority of the country not adhering to the rules you can't blame the population for leaving the country if the government were allowing one to do so up until the 20th December when they closed the travel corridors and fco advised against all non essential travel... Your frustration should be aimed at the government for not locking down sooner!!

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

rules are rules

Whilst I enjoy a debate, respect contrasting views and opinions to allow me to have a balanced decision making process and reduce as much emotional thoughts in my decisions, I really don’t understand this post.

There isn’t any substance and whilst I get the OP is against anyone going to Gran Canaria (and maybe anywhere that involves travelling on a plane), I just don’t get it.

It seriously needs a bit more meat around the bones.

What are you right about exactly? What are you trying to say?

The final paragraph regarding ignorance of people is partly true to how this is spreading for sure, but I’m not sure if it’s connected to the first part of the post.

Elaborate more please.

rules are rules

What has happened to turn you into such a bitter and twisted person

Anyone who has flown to gran can during Covid would know how safe it was , just getting into the airport your temperature tested everyone wears a mask the airplane has the best filtration going , plus the planes were empty so no overcrowded, playa deli ingles was brilliant , everyone had to wear a mask even outdoors and unlike the uk , everyone were wearing masks , I felt safer there than the uk ,

market rasen

rules are rules

Whilst I enjoy a debate, respect contrasting views and opinions to allow me to have a balanced decision making process and reduce as much emotional thoughts in my decisions, I really don’t understand this post.

There isn’t any substance and whilst I get the OP is against anyone going to Gran Canaria (and maybe anywhere that involves travelling on a plane), I just don’t get it.

The final paragraph regarding ignorance of people is partly true to how this is spreading for sure, but I’m not sure if it’s connected to the first part of the post.

Elaborate more please.

"

He ranted on a few other threads before starting this one. His holiday got cancelled. Then he started wishing everyone that was going would catch covid. But he’s happily making new plans on other threads.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

rules are rules

Elaborate more please.

He ranted on a few other threads before starting this one. His holiday got cancelled. Then he started wishing everyone that was going would catch covid. But he’s happily making new plans on other threads. "

Well I did see a post about being at a loose end for NY, and booking somewhere in the uk a few months ago. Along with mentioning about clubs being open and most people being safe.

That’s why I asked for more elaboration.

I’d hate to think that there’s hypocrisy and sanctimonious behaviour.

Bump.

Feeling a bit more hopeful. Going to call Spanish consulate/embassy on Monday and see whats what with the documents I have and whether they will/can give me something official looking to show to whoever that I live in GC and please let me in. Lol.

I'm sure there are other people in the same position as me and I will update as much as possible.

Thank you to all who have helped and commented and sent messages to me. Feeling the luuuuuuuurve!

chelmsford

"Bump.

Feeling a bit more hopeful. Going to call Spanish consulate/embassy on Monday and see whats what with the documents I have and whether they will/can give me something official looking to show to whoever that I live in GC and please let me in. Lol.

I'm sure there are other people in the same position as me and I will update as much as possible.

Thank you to all who have helped and commented and sent messages to me. Feeling the luuuuuuuurve! "

Sounds like a plan good luck! Xxx

market rasen

"Bump.

Thank you to all who have helped and commented and sent messages to me. Feeling the luuuuuuuurve! "

Not sure if this is any help at all really but a friend of mine flew in earlier this week , and said there was no passport checks on arrival. And the airport was practically empty. He does live there and has for many years .

"Bump.

Thank you to all who have helped and commented and sent messages to me. Feeling the luuuuuuuurve!

Not sure if this is any help at all really but a friend of mine flew in earlier this week , and said there was no passport checks on arrival. And the airport was practically empty. He does live there and has for many years . "

OK. That sounds promisingly promising. But would still like all my ducks in a row in case.

Things change so quickly day by day it's just very frustrating for a control freak like me to relinquish control. Thank you for the info

"Bump.

Sounds like a plan good luck! Xxx"

Keep everything crossed. Light a candle. Say a prayer. Wish on a star. Sacrifice a virgin...although finding one might be difficult on here! Lol. Xx

chelmsford

"Bump.

Sounds like a plan good luck! Xxx

Keep everything crossed. Light a candle. Say a prayer. Wish on a star. Sacrifice a virgin...although finding one might be difficult on here! Lol. Xx "

Haha!

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx

Rooms ok

Food crap

Roof terrace not a patch on seaside Sandy beach "

The whole place was just terrible. Rooms poor, food absolutely awful, pool dirty, lounge area like an airport waiting area. I could go on.

By *amsuzieCouple  over a year ago

newtownards

What’s changed

Nice rooms

Brill naked roof terrace

Xxx

Rooms ok

Food crap

The whole place was just terrible. Rooms poor, food absolutely awful, pool dirty, lounge area like an airport waiting area. I could go on."

We were at catarina last march .

Found it to be fine ,clean and adequate

It was only our 2nd visit to Island and we had stayed Gold for the 1st visit

Catarina was perfect for us , the rooms were clean , food was ample with plenty of choice and entertainment was varied .

Only downside that we saw was corridors could have done with a coat of paint , but hey its only a holiday and fitted the bill of safe ,clean place to stay and yes hopefully we will go back

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"This site used to be full of nice caring people, what’s happened? Now it’s just bitter and nasty people having a go at people , "

I totally agree.

rotherham

Wow are we still slagging off the catarina

We have stayed at worse places but all depends what you want from your holiday

Good location.....decent food...rooms spacious....good naked roof terrace. Etc

Entertainment doesn’t bother us

Can’t please everyone

By *ADcouple_2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Wow are we still slagging off the catarina

Can’t please everyone"

We have stayed here numerous times and have no complaints at all. Hopefully we will get back there soon.

By *essysteveCouple  over a year ago

ALICANTE AREA SPAIN

interesting comments - no wonder we blocked him 7 years ago for his blatant rudeness

"Wow are we still slagging off the catarina

Can’t please everyone

We have stayed here numerous times and have no complaints at all. Hopefully we will get back there soon.

"

Same here, can't wait for them to re open, usually stay here 3x a year. It fits all our needs and staff are so accommodating. We are really fussy as well ...

» Add a new message to this topic