FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Booking holiday to gran canaria

Booking holiday to gran canaria

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

TUI are not booking holidays to Gran Canaria from our local airport to favour hotel until October 2021.

We are looking for advice/recommendations on booking flight and airbnb to PDI.

We're thinking March/April time, we are being optimistic things will have improved now vaccination programme is being rolled out here and in Europe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *and2aCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

Hi, Jet2 have cancelled all our flights this year and for January

We rebooked in October to go to GC and saved over £300 with Ryanair

Done the same for January and saved £150 with Ryanair

"Hi, Jet2 have cancelled all our flights this year and for January

Done the same for January and saved £150 with Ryanair "

We have heard bad reports about Ryanair. Have you flown with them before. We've noticed a lot of people book with them.

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

Try EasyJet

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

We have heard bad reports about Ryanair. Have you flown with them before. We've noticed a lot of people book with them.

"

. We have used Ryanair for years and never had any problems with them xxx

By *ebbie tvTV/TS  over a year ago

westmeath

Go by their rules and there is no issues reliable cheap and no pampering and they will get u there and back

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Jet 2 are flying to gran can from the end of march from bristol flights at the moment are thursdays. We have booked for easter week over the bank holiday . Hope we are able to go . Had august cancelled and nye was a no go due to quarantine on return

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

We've been flying with Ryanair for years and as long as you stick to their rules they are fine.

They get you there and back, nearly always on time, and if you keep an eye on their website there are quite often unbelievable prices.

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

I work in aviation and have worked on Ryan air aircraft they are a airline I would not be happy flying with

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I work in aviation and have worked on Ryan air aircraft they are a airline I would not be happy flying with"

Why?

By *ave3058Man  over a year ago

southampton & playa del ingles

I noticed the other day you can fly direct from Heathrow with BA hope this helps

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been with Ryan air loads of times it’s basic , your in the air just over four hours , it soon goes, had no problems with them at all , like others have said stick to the rules , eg bag size and weight and you will have no problem

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"I work in aviation and have worked on Ryan air aircraft they are a airline I would not be happy flying with"

You need to be more specific about ‘ not being happy’ . Are you alleging safety concerns? Can you give us any evidence ?

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

We’ve used them numerous times and we haven’t crashed yet.

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

"

We fly Ryanair several times a year and have never had a problem with then

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

That sounds like a very serious allegation. Perhaps you had better explain

By *tm1Man  over a year ago

great oakley

Ryanair are excellent until a flight is cancelled and you try to get a refund opinions of them will then change

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I work in aviation and have worked on Ryan air aircraft they are a airline I would not be happy flying with

You need to be more specific about ‘ not being happy’ . Are you alleging safety concerns? Can you give us any evidence ? "

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Ryanair are excellent until a flight is cancelled and you try to get a refund opinions of them will then change"

To be fair that can be a problem with them sometimes.

We've only ever had one cancellation (back in March during Covid 1st wave) and although we did eventually get the money back it did take quite a while.

Then again the flight (Alicante/Dusseldorf) only cost 20€ each so it wasn't the end of the world.

Easyjet are offering good deals. They were quick to give refund last September.

A friend in GC is sorting out Airbnb.

Thank you everyone x

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

"I work in aviation and have worked on Ryan air aircraft they are a airline I would not be happy flying with

"

Safety record second to none, cheap no frills carrier, great when things go well, which is the vast majority of the time, but when things don't go well, delays, weather etc, appalling customer service.

By *ome Back CoupleCouple  over a year ago

to be discussed

That sounds like a very serious allegation. Perhaps you had better explain "

to be fair we been with Ryan Air quite a few times n had some really bad experiences. But over the last few years they realized n picked their game up. Ya can't beat jet2

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"Ryanair are excellent until a flight is cancelled and you try to get a refund opinions of them will then change"

Have to disagree. Once they had got over the flood of cancellations which caused all airlines massive problems in the Spring , any monies ( & we have had to rearrange a few !) refunded within 10 days

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Ya can't beat jet2

Got to fully agree never any problems from jet 2 or easyjet. And to make things even better both now fly from bristol ??

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

View the aircraft as buses. Some are different colours to others. Get over it.

By *tm1Man  over a year ago

great oakley

"Ryanair are excellent until a flight is cancelled and you try to get a refund opinions of them will then change

Have to disagree. Once they had got over the flood of cancellations which caused all airlines massive problems in the Spring , any monies ( & we have had to rearrange a few !) refunded within 10 days "

I can only speak from my experience booked 15 seats for a stag do in tenerife early april at a total cost of almost £1800 flights cancelled and I asked for a refund kept sending e emails with vouchers attached despite me telling them I did not want vouchers got refund early october 3 others who had booked jet 2 refunded in 4 weeks

Have used Ryanair to GC countless times. Never a problem.x

Why?

Ryanair have a very modern fleet with the latest Boeing Aircraft.

I think you are speaking rubbish!

Ryanair have one of the most modern fleets in the world and an impeccable safety record so could you explain what you perceive as an obviously major flaw that would make you unhappy to fly with them.

We always fly with them and apart from covid cancellation we have had no problems.. you get what you pay for

We are booked 25 April from Doncaster

TUI

By *ooking to have funCouple  over a year ago

near scunthorpe

In the past we have been several times with Ryan air and also with Tui, Ryan it is basic and if your tall, 6ft it’s a little cramped so need extra leg room seats, we have also done air b&b and found it great, we was a little worried about them meeting us but no problems at all, if you want the details pm us, we was booked to go December but rebooked for 23rd jan, not sure if we can travel due to tier 3 but have to all have negative Covid tests anyway to travel, so confused! We have stopped at a few hotels but love la Catarina by Abora, it also has a nude roof top that’s now widely known!!

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Why?

Ryanair have a very modern fleet with the latest Boeing Aircraft.

I think you are speaking rubbish!"

Why??

I had one delay two years ago , from Birmingham airport, had vouchers sent to my phone to use and by the time I got home a cheque was in my doorstep with compensation for my delay , brilliant customer service in my eyes I never had to ask for it or wait weeks

By *arnsleyduoCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

We were left stranded in gc the day after we arrived in november by jet2.

We arrived tues night for a 2 week holiday ,wednesday morning we got an email saying our return flight on the 27th was cancelled.

Was offered no alternative for our return flight except they said they would refund our return fare.

Thanks to ryanair we managed to get a return flight and only losing one day of our hols.

Cheers ryanair and a happy new year xx

Jet 2 cancel my flight to Gran Canaria in January I will probably leave until May/June now

Ryanair base price for flight is good but then the add-on's they charge you for everything

inverness

[Removed by poster at 31/12/20 07:34:03]

inverness

Safety record second to none, cheap no frills carrier, great when things go well, which is the vast majority of the time, but when things don't go well, delays, weather etc, appalling customer service."

Here you are

http://avherald.com/h?search_term=ryanair&opt=0&dosearch=1&search.x=0&search.y=0

Can only speak about what is in public already

near scunthorpe

Well that’s our holiday cancelled and pushed back again! Better safe than sorry! At least this way we can live to enjoy many more holidays hopefully x

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

Why do you say "better safe than sorry" when you would be much safer here as the coved numbers are minuscule in comparison to the UK, everyone entering has to have a negative coved test and everyone in public places wears a mask.... right now is e safest time to be here....

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

Anyone stayed at the Anamar Suites in PDI? Thanks x

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

You get what it says on the tin with Ryanair . Does anyone remember pre ryanair and the prices offlights ...

You get what you pay for

Ifyou dont like or trust them well go somewhere else .same as

near scunthorpe

As in they have stopped us travelling for four hours in a plan with other who are negative but may be carriers! As for the rates in the uk, it all depends if you agree the data is correct we have first hand information to the contrary. I do not believe the data is clean and accurate!

By *illiedecCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

We stayed at Christmas, rooms are spacious and clean- request a high floor facing pool& odd number room as evens don’t get much sun. Microwave and kettle in room but not much more. TV one uk station - Sky news - Location is fantastic

» Add a new message to this topic