FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > 2021 holiday

2021 holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nlythebestforus OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Tyneside

Just heard Spain's prime minister say no tourists into the country till 70% of there population are vaccinated that could be in end of the summer...????????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

UNWTO meeting.

His words were 'better prepared for foreign tourism'. So whether that's extending the current rules or something different, time will tell.

The 70% by summer is the EU target. Start or end doesn't seem to be clear, probably the usual political wiggle room.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Having watched the meeting the other day. He said we would not see mass tourism till the end of Summer.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"Just heard Spain's prime minister say no tourists into the country till 70% of there population are vaccinated that could be in end of the summer...????????"

The way they are going that will be summer 2022. They have so far vaccinated around 2% of their population and currently have very limited supply of the vaccine.

By *ohnsueCouple  over a year ago

Spain

i tried to get a vaccination yesterday in Marbella and was told there was very few being done because of lack of supplies, i was told that i had more chance of getting it done by flying back to the UK and having it done there.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Just heard Spain's prime minister say no tourists into the country till 70% of there population are vaccinated that could be in end of the summer...????????

The way they are going that will be summer 2022. They have so far vaccinated around 2% of their population and currently have very limited supply of the vaccine. "

Yes we have heard exactly the same from friends that live on the islands

By *rSshMan  over a year ago

Poundbury

Can’t see any of Europe opening up this year in any big degree, like you 2022 is when people can plan with confidence - hopefully.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Just heard Spain's prime minister say no tourists into the country till 70% of there population are vaccinated that could be in end of the summer...????????

The way they are going that will be summer 2022. They have so far vaccinated around 2% of their population and currently have very limited supply of the vaccine.

Yes we have heard exactly the same from friends that live on the islands "

The supply problem is pretty much EU wide.

In our area of Germany (NRW) there are none available at the moment.

The Dutch have only just started vaccinations and have supply problems already, and I've just read in the France forum on here that the situation is no better there.

It seems that the EU policy of centralised procurement and distribution by allocation just isn't working.

A week or so ago when Germany tried to sidestep Brussels and order its own supplies, the German government was well and truly slapped down by the EU.

The idea is supposed to be fairness in allocating supplies to member states (unlike the PPE debacle in the spring) However the only thing being fairly shared at the moment is death.

South Tyneside

Think we will go on a cruise if possible and not get off the ship lol!! Or Costa Del Northumberland

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"Think we will go on a cruise if possible and not get off the ship lol!! Or Costa Del Northumberland "

Cruises are starting to stipulate all are vaccinated before departure, guess that makes sense in such a closed environment.

Wakefield/ Beverley

Yes we have heard exactly the same from friends that live on the islands

The supply problem is pretty much EU wide.

In our area of Germany (NRW) there are none available at the moment.

The Dutch have only just started vaccinations and have supply problems already, and I've just read in the France forum on here that the situation is no better there.

It seems that the EU policy of centralised procurement and distribution by allocation just isn't working.

A week or so ago when Germany tried to sidestep Brussels and order its own supplies, the German government was well and truly slapped down by the EU.

The idea is supposed to be fairness in allocating supplies to member states (unlike the PPE debacle in the spring) However the only thing being fairly shared at the moment is death. "

Maybe one plus of brexit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The EU is in mess over vaccines, the is an article about it on the BBC news app. Can't believe people are moaning in the UK about second jabs when in Europe they will be lucky to get one at all this year. Amazingly Spain, bit Germany has done the most vaccinations. Eu regulations are causing huge issues

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The EU is in mess over vaccines, the is an article about it on the BBC news app. Can't believe people are moaning in the UK about second jabs when in Europe they will be lucky to get one at all this year. Amazingly Spain, bit Germany has done the most vaccinations. Eu regulations are causing huge issues"

Very true.

The EU has ordered 300 million doses of the Astra Zeneca vaccine. But, and here is the problem, the EU are only meeting to approve it (or maybe not) on 29th January.

Like everything in the EU it is bogged down by layer upon layer of red tape and bureaucracy. Meanwhile over 3000 more people in the EU died of Covid yesterday.

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Think we will go on a cruise if possible and not get off the ship lol!! Or Costa Del Northumberland "

We have our usual apartment booked at VeraPlaya mid Aug for 3 wks carried over from last year, but like you, we think it will be Costa Del Leeds again, in waterpoofs, woollies & wellies!!!

South Tyneside

"Think we will go on a cruise if possible and not get off the ship lol!! Or Costa Del Northumberland

We have our usual apartment booked at VeraPlaya mid Aug for 3 wks carried over from last year, but like you, we think it will be Costa Del Leeds again, in waterpoofs, woollies & wellies!!! "

Not so bad if you get the weather over here but never 2 days alike xx

West Yorkshire

"Think we will go on a cruise if possible and not get off the ship lol!! Or Costa Del Northumberland

We have our usual apartment booked at VeraPlaya mid Aug for 3 wks carried over from last year, but like you, we think it will be Costa Del Leeds again, in waterpoofs, woollies & wellies!!!

Not so bad if you get the weather over here but never 2 days alike xx"

Exactly, Was supposed to be going back up to a cottage in Amble for a week last Easter, but that was a no go. No chance of that this year by the looks of it either!

By *ralpleaseMan  over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

"i tried to get a vaccination yesterday in Marbella and was told there was very few being done because of lack of supplies, i was told that i had more chance of getting it done by flying back to the UK and having it done there."

Over 70 will start getting vaccinated the beginning of March so you will have to wait untill all those have been done first.

South Tyneside

Not so bad if you get the weather over here but never 2 days alike xx

Exactly, Was supposed to be going back up to a cottage in Amble for a week last Easter, but that was a no go. No chance of that this year by the looks of it either! "

We only live about 15 mins from Amble, its lovely but again only if the weather is good. See how these vaccinations go and he may start opening things up again, hate being patient, especially for this long lol!! X

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"i tried to get a vaccination yesterday in Marbella and was told there was very few being done because of lack of supplies, i was told that i had more chance of getting it done by flying back to the UK and having it done there.

Over 70 will start getting vaccinated the beginning of March so you will have to wait untill all those have been done first."

UK doing over 70's now

Wakefield/ Beverley

Europe looks like its in complete disarray with the vaccine so looks like until they get it sorted Europe will be off the holiday list for flights.

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

"Costa Del Leeds again? "

You saying Leeds has moved to the coast now? Sign me up! lol

Actually we just looked at holidaying in this country and it's bloody expensive, though it normally is, prices are rocketing up even more, many places are already booked in peak season and that's if we are allowed to travel at all.

Oh well it's Felixstowe for us if our Cap and La Mirage holidays are cancelled.

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"Costa Del Leeds again?

Actually we just looked at holidaying in this country and it's bloody expensive, though it normally is, prices are rocketing up even more, many places are already booked in peak season and that's if we are allowed to travel at all.

Oh well it's Felixstowe for us if our Cap and La Mirage holidays are cancelled."

Cheer up matey, your UK travel booking expert may come up with a gem of a place which doesn't break the bank (& isn't in Felixstowe!)

West Yorkshire

"Costa Del Leeds again?

Oh well it's Felixstowe for us if our Cap and La Mirage holidays are cancelled."

Our aug/sept 3 wk 2020 holiday at Vera Playa holiday was spent in Costa del Leeds in woolies, but we did manage 4 days chilled out in a hot tub at a log cabin in the middle of nowhere in N Yks in between lockdowns, so maybe thats it again, but not cheap!

By *oss.Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I’ve. Mallorca booked. June. I don’t think it will happen

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

yes me to, got 2 weeks in sillot majorca, in june , so not sure if that will be ,

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"yes me to, got 2 weeks in sillot majorca, in june , so not sure if that will be ,"

Majorcan authorities have said that they are hoping to allow domestic tourism for Easter but the people I know their seem to think that is very unlikely. If that is the case I can’t see international tourism until we’ll after August.

By *oss.Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Let’s hope we can fly out in June

» Add a new message to this topic