FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > booking a holiday

booking a holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *istyblue1967 OP   Man  over a year ago

manchester

i am thinking of the canaries in october

is it better to go half board or self catering ??

half board i think will be set meals waiter service .no more help yourself buffet style.

SC can cook or go to restaurant.

feedback would be much appreciated x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Our choice is halfboard or all inclusive. Untill recently we used to go self catering but now works out cheaper and easier to go all in. Because if you miss breakfast for any reason there are snacks and drinks all day

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"i am thinking of the canaries in october

is it better to go half board or self catering ??

half board i think will be set meals waiter service .no more help yourself buffet style.

SC can cook or go to restaurant.

feedback would be much appreciated x"

We always go half board now. For us that's the best option for a swingers holiday.

We're in the clubs every night so just don't get monies worth from all inclusive x

manchester

half board sounds the best option

i can see there being set menus and table service only

no free for all at the buffets

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We always go all inclusive but still end up spending €100 a night going or later on

Probably get our money’s worth in the day to be fair

Can be costly sitting around the pool

With hotel prices

"We always go all inclusive but still end up spending €100 a night going or later on

With hotel prices

"

Should say night going out later on

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

"We always go all inclusive but still end up spending €100 a night going or later on

With hotel prices

Should say night going out later on "

Tend to agree AI 300 / 400 more but food and drink all add up

manchester

yea i dont think self catering is an option

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I went to Tenerife in December. There was still an all inclusive buffet but most items were pre packaged in plastic tubs

manchester

oh rite

in portugal . we had a set meal too

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We prefer self catering. We are never up for breakfast and prefer to eat dinner out at a quiet restaurant. We wouldn't go AI as we don't hang around the hotel all day, prefer the beach.

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"We prefer self catering. We are never up for breakfast and prefer to eat dinner out at a quiet restaurant. We wouldn't go AI as we don't hang around the hotel all day, prefer the beach. "

Me too prefer self catering . Eat where i want and what i want . Not spend all day at the hotel prefer the beach

Self catering for me , so many nice places to eat and it’s not expensive, plus all inclusive means your tied down to the hotel when you have a beautiful island to explore, but whatever works for you , I tend to go out late so getting up for breakfast would not work for me , but loads of restaurants do all day breakfast mmm( Windsor castle)

By *exysinnersCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere in the South West

We do AI, but still like to eat out when ever it takes our fancy. Always good for smashing the Bombay Sapphire when we're on one, and good for pool side drinks when recovering the next day. LOL

chelmsford

"We prefer self catering. We are never up for breakfast and prefer to eat dinner out at a quiet restaurant. We wouldn't go AI as we don't hang around the hotel all day, prefer the beach.

Me too prefer self catering . Eat where i want and what i want . Not spend all day at the hotel prefer the beach "

xx

chelmsford

"Self catering for me , so many nice places to eat and it’s not expensive, plus all inclusive means your tied down to the hotel when you have a beautiful island to explore, but whatever works for you , I tend to go out late so getting up for breakfast would not work for me , but loads of restaurants do all day breakfast mmm( Windsor castle)"

Same here We like to go down to a beach front restaurant, for breakfast, before we go to the beach. We like Bar Coco.

By *ingerjo_leeCouple  over a year ago

swinton

Hiya

We managed to get away last Oct and went all inclusive but because of covid the ques for beer and food was long

Food que to even get in food hall was really long you got took to a table then had to que to get food and you had to tell them what you wanted on the plate, to eat it took upto a hour and half to have a meal because of the long que even at the bar day and night was 30 to 60 min wait, so while covid is about I would go self catering

Thanks Jo

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"Hiya

We managed to get away last Oct and went all inclusive but because of covid the ques for beer and food was long

Food que to even get in food hall was really long you got took to a table then had to que to get food and you had to tell them what you wanted on the plate, to eat it took upto a hour and half to have a meal because of the long que even at the bar day and night was 30 to 60 min wait, so while covid is about I would go self catering

Thanks Jo "

Think this is good advice. From what we have been told hotels in Majorca who normally provide all inclusive/ buffet style have been told that all restaurant service must be waiter only and numbers in the restaurant limited so there may well be long queues as hotels get used to the new arrangements

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Self catering always, eat what you when you want. Also, look up restaurants on TripAdvisor.

By *SCouple81Couple  over a year ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

Half board works for us. We are getting up for breakfast, usually out for lunch and coming back for dinner. Trip advisor is good to check quality of food. We are trying to stay away from massive hotels.

» Add a new message to this topic