FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gibraltar to Spain

Gibraltar to Spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone flown from the uk to gib then drove into Spain ok?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnsueCouple  over a year ago

Spain

you get your passport stamped when landing in Gibralter and at the moment cant cross into Spain.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Yep. I'll never be able to forget the landing at Gibraltar airport

In light of today’s announcement allowing uk citizens in, i now have another question. If I fly to gib then travel to Spain , then fly back to uk from gib, will I still have to quarantine on return as I’m flying from a green list country, I’m just trying to find a loophole.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In light of today’s announcement allowing uk citizens in, i now have another question. If I fly to gib then travel to Spain , then fly back to uk from gib, will I still have to quarantine on return as I’m flying from a green list country, I’m just trying to find a loophole."

I'm flying out Tuesday, you need to have a covid test on day two if staying in Gibraltar. No need for test to enter Spain from the date they announced (27th of this month I think) however returning to the UK you'll be required to quarantine for 10 days and have to have a covid test to enter the UK (regardless of where you've been)

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

No loopholes I’m afraid. You can come and we’ll be happy to see you but as it stands right now, you’ll be under uk rules on return. That may change, but it’s uk rules you’ll need to be abiding by

"In light of today’s announcement allowing uk citizens in, i now have another question. If I fly to gib then travel to Spain , then fly back to uk from gib, will I still have to quarantine on return as I’m flying from a green list country, I’m just trying to find a loophole.

I'm flying out Tuesday, you need to have a covid test on day two if staying in Gibraltar. No need for test to enter Spain from the date they announced (27th of this month I think) however returning to the UK you'll be required to quarantine for 10 days and have to have a covid test to enter the UK (regardless of where you've been) "

Thats not quite right is it?, you dont have to quarantine from a green list country atm. Not regardless as you said

"In light of today’s announcement allowing uk citizens in, i now have another question. If I fly to gib then travel to Spain , then fly back to uk from gib, will I still have to quarantine on return as I’m flying from a green list country, I’m just trying to find a loophole.

I'm flying out Tuesday, you need to have a covid test on day two if staying in Gibraltar. No need for test to enter Spain from the date they announced (27th of this month I think) however returning to the UK you'll be required to quarantine for 10 days and have to have a covid test to enter the UK (regardless of where you've been)

Thats not quite right is it?, you dont have to quarantine from a green list country atm. Not regardless as you said"

So if entering from amber country its quarantine and covid test.

You'll still need to do covid test in the UK regardless of where you have been.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

If returning from a green country, you have to tell them where you have spent the preceeding 10 days, as I can only assume this will be Spain, you are as per the regulations, double testing and quarantining on return.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"In light of today’s announcement allowing uk citizens in, i now have another question. If I fly to gib then travel to Spain , then fly back to uk from gib, will I still have to quarantine on return as I’m flying from a green list country, I’m just trying to find a loophole."

Its people doing what you are also trying to do that are the reason so many countries are still in this mess. The reason you have to quarantine is for the sake of others you may harm, maybe you should think about that a little and not just yourself.

Its people doing what you are also trying to do that are the reason so many countries are still in this mess. The reason you have to quarantine is for the sake of others you may harm, maybe you should think about that a little and not just yourself."

Just asking for clarification on the rules not a lecture, your not my mum.

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

Its people doing what you are also trying to do that are the reason so many countries are still in this mess. The reason you have to quarantine is for the sake of others you may harm, maybe you should think about that a little and not just yourself.

Just asking for clarification on the rules not a lecture, your not my mum."

Here is some clarification for you which hopefully your mum would endorse.

Stop being a dick and trying to - in your own words - find a loophole.

By *nvisible_manMan  over a year ago

TWICKENHAM

"Anyone flown from the uk to gib then drove into Spain ok? "

Definitely being a dick. If he'd spent more time doing his homework he would know that nobody rents a car in Gib to drive into Spain - you cross the border on foot and rent your car in La Linea

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just asking for clarification on the rules not a lecture, your not my mum."

it's an ethical and moral question. Your integrity is at stake here.

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am going out for a week on the 7th September meeting my GF there. Re: Covid I Will see how things stand at that time, when the time comes.

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

what a clown that guy is, only thinking about his self ,Jack

"what a clown that guy is, only thinking about his self ,Jack"

Blame the Chinese eating shite, blame the politicians for not locking down sooner, blame everyone piling in the pubs and restaurants the second it was allowed, I havnt been in a pub or restaurant for 14 months. If I want to try and get to Spain via the back door that’s my issue, you lot of clowns criticising have no idea why I need to get there so get off your high fucking horses, Jesus some people.

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"what a clown that guy is, only thinking about his self ,Jack

Blame the Chinese eating shite, blame the politicians for not locking down sooner, blame everyone piling in the pubs and restaurants the second it was allowed, I havnt been in a pub or restaurant for 14 months. If I want to try and get to Spain via the back door that’s my issue, you lot of clowns criticising have no idea why I need to get there so get off your high fucking horses, Jesus some people."

I'd rather be a clown on a high horse than someone who will go out of their way to back door their way into Spain and then (as you proudly posted) intend to go to a club in the UK on June 21st.

"what a clown that guy is, only thinking about his self ,Jack"

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"what a clown that guy is, only thinking about his self ,Jack

Blame the Chinese eating shite, blame the politicians for not locking down sooner, blame everyone piling in the pubs and restaurants the second it was allowed, I havnt been in a pub or restaurant for 14 months. If I want to try and get to Spain via the back door that’s my issue, you lot of clowns criticising have no idea why I need to get there so get off your high fucking horses, Jesus some people.

I'd rather be a clown on a high horse than someone who will go out of their way to back door their way into Spain and then (as you proudly posted) intend to go to a club in the UK on June 21st.

"

By *ukey1985ukMan  over a year ago

london

I travelled to gib. We had to emergency land in Malaga and get coach down to gib. The border didn’t even look at our passports they just let us in. Was very strange indeed

By *tterlysluterlyCouple  over a year ago

northampton

There isn't a loophole as such, however, you can fly to Gib', walk across the border - Spain is on Gib's amber list, pick up your car or whatever, spend as long as you want in Spain, then re-enter Gibraltar AND then stay 10 days in Gib, then you may fly to UK perfectly legally and safely too. However it does mean you need a long trip.

Gib has vaccinated it's entire population and is offering all people, locals and tourists alike free testing at the airport including for arrivals etc and pre departure tests, which means you only have to pay for the one 2 days after arrival in UK.

» Add a new message to this topic