FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Latest updates on Gran Canaria

Latest updates on Gran Canaria

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could anyone give us an update on PDI area please? We are due to go and would like feedback from anyone out there atm.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ingerjo_leeCouple  over a year ago

swinton

Is there a curfew at the moment in gran canaria we are coming in August

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

It’s still very quiet, but most of the main bars and shops are open. Bars have to close by midnight. And it’s a very warm 35 degrees today

swinton

Thanks

Looking forward to just come and chill

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is there a curfew at the moment in gran canaria we are coming in August "

At the moment no curfew. But businesses have to closed by 00.30 at the moment.

Alot can change between now and August

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

It's quiet, however the sun is shining, the drinks are cold and there is fun to be had. Weekends are busy in Comeback and the clubs and Maclennans last night was standing room only, I think there were 3 or 4 tables full of fabbers!

We have another week of this to endure!

swinton

Thanks everyone x

How much and where can you get PCR tests in Playa de Inglis/Maspalomas before returning to the UK?

"How much and where can you get PCR tests in Playa de Inglis/Maspalomas before returning to the UK? "

*** COPIED FROM A TESTING THREAD FROM A COUPLE WHO LEFT GC ON MONDAY***

Just got back. The hospital at melenoras (San roque) do them.

They are €15 if you show them you are staying in tourist accommodation. No appointment required.

From pdi near the beach to the hospital in taxi is only €6

Remember to take passports with you.

By *otts24FunMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Is there a curfew at the moment in gran canaria we are coming in August

At the moment no curfew. But businesses have to closed by 00.30 at the moment.

Alot can change between now and August "

Do you expect things to change for better or worse based on what is happening with case numbers and vaccinations?

Zurich & London

"How much and where can you get PCR tests in Playa de Inglis/Maspalomas before returning to the UK?

They are €15 if you show them you are staying in tourist accommodation. No appointment required.

Remember to take passports with you."

The San Roque hospital, changed the ways its testing on Monday. Its now appointment only between 12noon and 7pm.

"How much and where can you get PCR tests in Playa de Inglis/Maspalomas before returning to the UK?

The San Roque hospital, changed the ways its testing on Monday. Its now appointment only between 12noon and 7pm."

Wow! Shows how quickly things can change here.

By *andJane17Couple  over a year ago

york

The San Roque hospital, changed the ways its testing on Monday. Its now appointment only between 12noon and 7pm."

We had ours done last Thursday there, you could turn up to the rest centre (up the ramp and first set of doors) between 7am and 12 noon, no appointment necessary.

The afternoon appointments you had to walk further along the corridor to Accident/Emergency.

By *ay68Man  over a year ago

London

Sorry, probably a stupid question, but how soon before you return to the UK do you need to take the PCR test ? How long does it take to get the results and what evidence are you provided with to show your test results?

Zurich & London

You don't need a PCR test, just a regular fast test is now enough. Last week results were given at the ime of testing, in about 15 minutes.

By *alentino7Man  over a year ago

Wembley

Will be looking to book for Oct or Nov (fingers crossed!)

By *anaryxMan  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Does anyone know if i have an antigen before travelling to UK would be valid? or should be a PCR?

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

"Does anyone know if i have an antigen before travelling to UK would be valid? or should be a PCR?"

Negative Antigen test is accepted

york

The San Roque hospital, changed the ways its testing on Monday. Its now appointment only between 12noon and 7pm.

We had ours done last Thursday there, you could turn up to the rest centre (up the ramp and first set of doors) between 7am and 12 noon, no appointment necessary.

The afternoon appointments you had to walk further along the corridor to Accident/Emergency. "

We queued for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes to pay and have antigen test (mouth/nose swab) taken and 30 minutes for results.

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Manchester & Portsmouth

The afternoon appointments you had to walk further along the corridor to Accident/Emergency. "

Do they operate a non appointment service in the mornings at weekends?

york

The afternoon appointments you had to walk further along the corridor to Accident/Emergency.

Do they operate a non appointment service in the mornings at weekends? "

They were last week on a first come first served basis, but bookings had to be made for the afternoon sessions at the A&E department.

By *ebcamormeetMan  over a year ago

limerick, can travel

Most things seem open. It’s quieter than usual but there is still abuzz about the place in certain areas and times, a lot of people are wearing masks outside, even on the beach. About fifty fifty I suppose.

By *ugar and Spice 21Couple  over a year ago

Burton upon Trent

We have just booked for grand canaria at PDI next July, not been there before, so looking forward to being there

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We're really stuck on if we should still chance flying out in three weeks or postpone our holiday while we still can. We're both vaccinated but don't want to risk a 4 grand quarantine Hotel stay on return if the islands get moved to the UK red list.

The next update on the list is due on the day after we arrive. With the potential 8pm curfew and other restrictions, we're wondering if it's worth the risk of the red list or of testing positive before we leave and having to isolate there.

Obviously this is the chance you take, booking a holiday in a pandemic...

By *ebcamormeetMan  over a year ago

limerick, can travel

Seems unlikely you would have to quarantine. Get tested and with a vaccination can travel now. I wouldn’t worry about it but that’s just me

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Thanks. I think we're just getting cold feet about the potential extra cost we couldn't afford.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thanks. I think we're just getting cold feet about the potential extra cost we couldn't afford. "

Fingers crossed it wouldn't get moved to the red list and if they did, there would be a few days notice, so you could get home. I understand your concerns though.

Manchester & Portsmouth

I tried to book a appointment online however it would not recognise a UK mobile number as part of registration process thus unable to register.

I spoke to reception and they gave me an email address to book the appointment at Maspalomas hospital:

Covidmaspalomas@hospitalessanroque.com

As previously stated if you mention that you are a hotel guest then a antigen test is €15 and appointments are 12-1900hrs.

By *ifi and dunkieCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I tried to book a appointment online however it would not recognise a UK mobile number as part of registration process thus unable to register.

I spoke to reception and they gave me an email address to book the appointment at Maspalomas hospital:

Covidmaspalomas@hospitalessanroque.com

As previously stated if you mention that you are a hotel guest then a antigen test is €15 and appointments are 12-1900hrs. "

Zurich & London

Booked and confirmed online this morning for testing at San Roque. Used a UK number but added the 0044 and worked well. Our tests are booked 2 minutes apart.

Really straightforward, just have your passport to hand for the booking and remember to take it with you to the appointment. X

Manchester & Portsmouth

"Booked and confirmed online this morning for testing at San Roque. Used a UK number but added the 0044 and worked well. Our tests are booked 2 minutes apart.

Really straightforward, just have your passport to hand for the booking and remember to take it with you to the appointment.

X"

I tried 0044 with and without the 0 in the mobile number to no avail. Maybe my phone. I'll try again.

swinton

Is there any where round the yumbo where you can get the covid test to return to the UK

Thanks Jo

Manchester & Portsmouth

"Booked and confirmed online this morning for testing at San Roque. Used a UK number but added the 0044 and worked well. Our tests are booked 2 minutes apart.

Really straightforward, just have your passport to hand for the booking and remember to take it with you to the appointment.

X

I tried 0044 with and without the 0 in the mobile number to no avail. Maybe my phone. I'll try again. "

It seemed to work this time

Manchester & Portsmouth

Just had my Antigen test at the hospital in Maspalomas. I queued for nearly 2 hrs and I had a appointment, so take water and sun cream. There were two queues (down the ramp and along the side of the hospital) left queue for people without appointment, right side queue for people who have booked appointments. The left queue seemed to move faster than mine which I found perplexing.

So it looks like you don't actually need a appointment.

If it's like this now, God only knows what it wipping be like when passenger numbers increase

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

We just went to the pharmacy near the Occidental Margaritas hotel. Walked in had the test and went back later that day to get the results . Was 25€ but some times it’s 30€ You can pop in and make an appointment or they can do it straight away if they are not busy

» Add a new message to this topic