FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria to UK antigen test

Gran Canaria to UK antigen test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We scanned a QR code at hotel reception, booked the antigen test online yesterday for 1210 today at San Roque hospital for 10€ each (walk in price 40€)

We went to the hospital by taxi 5€ at 1140 and there was a small queue of 10 people

They opened the clinic at 1205 by which time there were around 100 people and about 30 without appointment, those people had to wait until all those with appointment had been tested and was at least 2 hours probably more

The nurse sorted the queue into order of appointment time and we went in, swab up one nostril very gently and told to wait outside 5-10 minutes

After 10 minutes we were told we tested negative and to leave and we would get an email

Email arrived at 1900 with QR code job done easy peasy it doesn't need to be complicated

This is from friends who are there at the moment, very useful information

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

Thank you for sharing.

Hope our hotel has the system that would be great. Xx

chelmsford

"Thank you for sharing.

Hope our hotel has the system that would be great. Xx"

You're welcome

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Should encourage more to travel. Which hotel so we can take advantage of the low price ?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

This is at the Catarina Hotel

By *ingerjoWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Wonder if other hotels do this

Thanks Jo

chelmsford

"This is at the Catarina Hotel"

Yes it is xx

chelmsford

"Wonder if other hotels do this

Thanks Jo "

Possibly

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

***FROM A COUPLE WHO LEFT PDI TODAY, SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST 2021***

Check in all good, they need

Boarding pass

Passport

Covid vaccine cert

UK passenger locator form

Covid test results

They write down the reference number of the passenger locator form and they check the date and time of the test to make sure it's within 72 hours

It's very slow though, it took us 10 minutes and we only had hand luggage so I'd get to the airport pretty early

We arrived 4 hours before the flight and the realy nice girl from jet 2 checked all our papers to make sure we were ok then we went for food beside the check-in, starter, main, beverage and dessert for 9.95€ !!!!

Check-in opens 2 and a half hours before the flight and we were at the front of the queue

Security was completely normal

Hope this helps people

chelmsford

"***FROM A COUPLE WHO LEFT PDI TODAY, SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST 2021***

Check in all good, they need

Boarding pass

Passport

Covid vaccine cert

UK passenger locator form

Covid test results

They write down the reference number of the passenger locator form and they check the date and time of the test to make sure it's within 72 hours

It's very slow though, it took us 10 minutes and we only had hand luggage so I'd get to the airport pretty early

We arrived 4 hours before the flight and the realy nice girl from jet 2 checked all our papers to make sure we were ok then we went for food beside the check-in, starter, main, beverage and dessert for 9.95€ !!!!

Check-in opens 2 and a half hours before the flight and we were at the front of the queue

Security was completely normal

Hope this helps people "

very helpful

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Read somewhere hotels are charging €80,

By *nlylearningCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

That was when you needed a pcr test. Not needed now we paid 95 euro in juky before the rules changed

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

so do we still need the up your nose test before we leave spain , thanks very bewillded mature aged guy x

By *msterdam loversCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Very helpful info. Thank you

By *averman007Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

I done online test in Spain last week via video was easy.

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Hopefully they will scrap the scams next week

liverpool

Should encourage more forum members to get abroad!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thank you for sharing, we had the same experience and couldn't fault them at all, so organised. Glad to see a reduction in price, in July we paid 30 euro each. Hopefully the new price will hold for November x

chelmsford

"Should encourage more forum members to get abroad!"

I don't think that, in itself would encourage more forum members to get abroad, but it is positive for some

liverpool

"Should encourage more forum members to get abroad!

I don't think that, in itself would encourage more forum members to get abroad, but it is positive for some "

If this is the new normal, then that is it.. forum numbers will then see first hand what it's like and experience the new reality

chelmsford

"Should encourage more forum members to get abroad!

I don't think that, in itself would encourage more forum members to get abroad, but it is positive for some

If this is the new normal, then that is it.. forum numbers will then see first hand what it's like and experience the new reality "

I would think it is the new normal, but at least it seems straightforward and well organised.

By *artycple123Couple  over a year ago

staffs

"We scanned a QR code at hotel reception, booked the antigen test online yesterday for 1210 today at San Roque hospital for 10€ each (walk in price 40€)

We went to the hospital by taxi 5€ at 1140 and there was a small queue of 10 people

They opened the clinic at 1205 by which time there were around 100 people and about 30 without appointment, those people had to wait until all those with appointment had been tested and was at least 2 hours probably more

The nurse sorted the queue into order of appointment time and we went in, swab up one nostril very gently and told to wait outside 5-10 minutes

After 10 minutes we were told we tested negative and to leave and we would get an email

Email arrived at 1900 with QR code job done easy peasy it doesn't need to be complicated

This is from friends who are there at the moment, very useful information "

Great info but can't you book your tests b4 hand and take your antigen test with you, and do your test and register it so you can fly home then your day 2 test which is a pcr test arrives while your away, weve just done this from croatia and all was good through tui and chronomics.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

We took lfts with us, did our tests in our room. Uploaded images of them to chronomics, added our plf number and had certificates emailed within 3 minutes

Leaving, at the airport checking in, I was asked for my vaccine proof, nothing was asked of my children. Despite 1 being over 16.

We were issued boarding passes, watched our hold luggage chugg away and went through security.

Our passports were stamped and we boarded our flight.

On arrival in Manchester I was asked for passports and nothing else.

I was stood there with negative test details, plf details and everything else but only our passports were glanced at, we got our luggage and not a member of staff in sight left T2.

It's a pain doing all the spth and plf yes but once you've done the paperwork there's no real changes coming back.

liverpool

The Spanish PLF was scanned at LPA Airport, we then received text and emails what to do if you fell ill.

On return you need a day 2 test booking number in order for your UK PLF to be registered.

At Birmingham Airport yesterday, there was separate check to see them, but Ryanair did a 100% check on all docs before we boarded @ LPA.

By *otts24FunMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

It’s good to get info from those who have actually been in GC in the last week or so or who are out there now. Hope it encourages more to go otherwise more of our favourite bars, clubs, meeting places etc may not survive.

We’ve just had our test at EuroNordic by the Buenos Aires. Rocked up with no appointment, waited 5 minutes, 30 second swab up nose, off for a coffee and pastry at Cafe De Paris, back 20 minutes later , everything done and waiting for us. 30 euros each. Get it done early in the morning and crack on with rest your day.

staffs

[Removed by poster at 23/08/21 14:24:20]

staffs

"We took lfts with us, did our tests in our room. Uploaded images of them to chronomics, added our plf number and had certificates emailed within 3 minutes

Leaving, at the airport checking in, I was asked for my vaccine proof, nothing was asked of my children. Despite 1 being over 16.

We were issued boarding passes, watched our hold luggage chugg away and went through security.

Our passports were stamped and we boarded our flight.

On arrival in Manchester I was asked for passports and nothing else.

I was stood there with negative test details, plf details and everything else but only our passports were glanced at, we got our luggage and not a member of staff in sight left T2.

It's a pain doing all the spth and plf yes but once you've done the paperwork there's no real changes coming back."

Same way we did it and will do again in October when we're in venus.

So do we still have to have an antigen test even though we've been double jabbed???

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

"So do we still have to have an antigen test even though we've been double jabbed???"

You need a negative test result OR to be double jabbed OR showed you have recovered from COVID-19 to enter Spain. Also fill in a Passenger Locator Form to show at the airports.

To return home you need a negative test result 2 days before you fly back and a negative test result on day 2 of your return from your holiday.

Cheers for all the info

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

"So do we still have to have an antigen test even though we've been double jabbed???

You need a negative test result OR to be double jabbed OR showed you have recovered from COVID-19 to enter Spain. Also fill in a Passenger Locator Form to show at the airports.

To return home you need a negative test result 2 days before you fly back and a negative test result on day 2 of your return from your holiday. "

You also have to fill out a locator form for uk

rotherham

Do you have to use a qr code on your phone or can you use a print out if phone no good

liverpool

"Do you have to use a qr code on your phone or can you use a print out if phone no good "

When entering Spain, the Spanish PLF has a QR on it that they DO scan, we had paper copies.

The return one to UK , well came to our phone as we did not have a printer with us, but Ryanair did check it, twice, and it was checked visually at Birmingham when we landed yesterday

staffs

Whats the best and cheapest company to book your tests from? Antigen test to fly home or a clinic in pdi? and a pcr day 2 test after your return to England,randox looks the best, any help appreciated.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Do you have to use a qr code on your phone or can you use a print out if phone no good "

Paper is probably best as they can do it quicker

The Caterina will probably print stuff off if you ask them nicely and email them the locator form and antigen results from your phone. We didn't and it took around 10 minutes checking in at Las Palmas coming home as the lady had trouble reading the details from the phone ( other check-in staff seemed to be faster maybe we were unlucky)

all around

[Removed by poster at 24/08/21 00:15:47]

all around

"Whats the best and cheapest company to book your tests from? Antigen test to fly home or a clinic in pdi? and a pcr day 2 test after your return to England,randox looks the best, any help appreciated."

We ordered 2 day 2 kits from randox, opened them today and there is no swab in one of the boxes and they don't answer the phone.

Their website says if one or more products are missing then go to a Dropbox and get one .... Not easy if you're not near a Dropbox .. you also have to post by courier at your expense and risk and not all couriers will handle boxes labelled biological sample !!

Randox are @&$&@#$ in my opinion and I have very good reason for saying so

rotherham

"Do you have to use a qr code on your phone or can you use a print out if phone no good

The Caterina will probably print stuff off if you ask them nicely and email them the locator form and antigen results from your phone. We didn't and it took around 10 minutes checking in at Las Palmas coming home as the lady had trouble reading the details from the phone ( other check-in staff seemed to be faster maybe we were unlucky)"

We won’t be using a phone tho

liverpool

"Whats the best and cheapest company to book your tests from? Antigen test to fly home or a clinic in pdi? and a pcr day 2 test after your return to England,randox looks the best, any help appreciated."

We opted for the clinc nordic in PDI. At 30 euro it was a no brainer. They have all the kits and do everything for you.

all around

"Do you have to use a qr code on your phone or can you use a print out if phone no good

The Caterina will probably print stuff off if you ask them nicely and email them the locator form and antigen results from your phone. We didn't and it took around 10 minutes checking in at Las Palmas coming home as the lady had trouble reading the details from the phone ( other check-in staff seemed to be faster maybe we were unlucky)

We won’t be using a phone tho "

You'll need some way to complete the UK passenger locator form out there. Have you an ipad ?

worthing

cant you do you locater form , for return to uk on your phone x

all around

We won’t be using a phone tho "

I'll send you my mobile number give me a call xx

liverpool

You'll need some way to complete the UK passenger locator form out there. Have you an ipad ?"

If you are not using a smart phone or a tablet , then you will need a way of filling in the form online and printing a hard copy off. Each UK form is 4 pages long, and Ryanair and the people at Birmingham Airport did ask to see ours.

worthing

isnt it so , that unless you have a uk locater form they not let you fly from cg, spain etc

worthing

when i was in majorca in july unless you had a uk locater form, they not let you fly out from parma airport, x

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

We have used Randox for several months now without any issue and we fly for work all the time. Never had a problem. We had our pre departure tests done at the hospital at San Roque €15 each.

rotherham

You'll need some way to complete the UK passenger locator form out there. Have you an ipad ?"

Yes we will be using an i pad

all around

You'll need some way to complete the UK passenger locator form out there. Have you an ipad ?

Yes we will be using an i pad"

An ipad is fine much easier for them to read the firm at check in than a phone. You will have the forms saved in an email so you don't even need Internet

By *pecialk2019Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Great heads up for us arriving next week thank you for information.

» Add a new message to this topic