FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Maspalomas Dunes Update

Maspalomas Dunes Update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rs Browns Toys OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hull

Avid fans of the lovely Dunes haven’t been for a few years but understand that during covid Rules were put in place to protect the Dunes further as due to lack of tourism it had begun to replenish itself so are led to believe it’s movement over the Dunes by either of the roped pathways only would love feedback from any recent visitors to see if fun still going on in the Dunes we used to love a little trip into the dunes up into one of the hilltop birds nest to sunbathe have a little fun or watch a bit more fun with a view over the dunes so basically is any fun going on with couples in Dunes or are the police and rangers heavily policing any naughtiness in the Dunes love to hear peoples recent experiences would have thought others may have ventured to dunes if sunbeds are back out on nudist area yet we are heading out end of November so love to hear up to date feedback thanks D&G

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

There have been numerous reports of people being redirected back into the path.

There certainly weren't any people in the dunes behind k6 in August.

It's doubtful this will change as they want to protect the plants especially the "bird cages"

We saw people trampling the shrubs to make a flat area to lie on so I can see their point.

Hull

We’ve always had respect for the dunes done the usual took our litter away but did hear how well during lock the dunes had regenerated themselves we’ve had some wonderful days off the beaten track in the dunes in years gone by oh well looks like clubs for fun

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

We've always enjoyed and respected the Dunes. Loved days in the Dunes to break up the days on the naked roof terrace or round the pool.

Really shame they're still closed. Tourism has been hit massively hard over the last 18 months, so the local government their will need to be careful not to change PDI'S appeal.

Hull

Yes quite agree when we heard a while back on social media about Dunes Protocol many where saying then that a good percentage of the tourists going to GC where lovers of the Dunes in various forms be it Naturists ,Swingers , vouyers Bi/Gay fun seekers even nature lovers and photographers and many went there for the Dunes so hopefully it doesn’t backfire to much on them back in the day the police would often drive through the palm tree area in pickup or quads. Often saying hello or waving no bother

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any couples looking for watch be watched in dunes this afternoon.

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

"Any couples looking for watch be watched in dunes this afternoon."

Have you read the posts above...?

Yes of course why?

By *ature guy.Man  over a year ago

leeds

We were there 5th to 12th December.

Saw no officials between 12:00 and 5:00 ish. But that does not mean they were not about, its a big area.

We saw lots of guys off the paths. Its hard to describe but from Rui Palace down the paths takes you left to the beach areas, if you go central and you are into dense shrubs etc, lots of mainly gay men there as usual.

Taking the path from the Maspalomas lighthouse into the dunes, maybe 20 or 30 couples nude bathing on the edge just as you get to the first lot of shrubs.

Late afternoons as folks came off the beaches there were a lot of the usual gang fun about 500 mts into the shrubbed area where the usual group fun occurs.

All that said, I would still be careful as some on here have said, there have been folks threatened with 600 euro fines, just because we didn't see any officials doesn't mean they were not about.

By *imon2016Man  over a year ago

Dublin

From the Riu palace whats the best way to get to the couples area. I walked from there yesterday but all I saw was gay guys. Am I better off starting at the lighthouse and walking down the beach. Not sure where to turn off for the dunes then? Thanks

By *estSussexCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Crawley

"From the Riu palace whats the best way to get to the couples area. I walked from there yesterday but all I saw was gay guys. Am I better off starting at the lighthouse and walking down the beach. Not sure where to turn off for the dunes then? Thanks"

From the lighthouse path We hooked a left just after the lifeguard tower. Up and over and into the dunes. Lots of couples. Lots of meerkats and fun

By *OVERSUP2004Man  over a year ago

Guildford

I was there in November and during my stay there were a number of days where the wind drove me off the beach and into the dunes to sunbathe (yes that was genuinely my reason at the time There were a number of people off the paths and into the dunes though certainly not as many as there used to be. Towards the latter part of the afternoon there were couples having fun.

It is taking a chance though as talking to locals it appears that the patrols just randomly turn up and are not always very flexible over the fines and are issuing fines straight away with no option of just a warning. I stopped risking it as 600 euro's is a lot of money.

However there is an area of the dunes nearest the beach and to that side of the main pathway that does appear to ok to go into however that is mainly the gay cruising area so not much on offer for those after couples

By *imon2016Man  over a year ago

Dublin

"From the lighthouse path We hooked a left just after the lifeguard tower. Up and over and into the dunes. Lots of couples. Lots of meerkats and fun "

Thanks. Thats exactly the type of directions I was after.

By *estSussexCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Crawley

"From the lighthouse path We hooked a left just after the lifeguard tower. Up and over and into the dunes. Lots of couples. Lots of meerkats and fun

Thanks. Thats exactly the type of directions I was after."

No bother . Enjoy

By *UNSUMMERMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove / Gran Canaria

Me and my girlfriend got turned around coming in from the camels area went back to the path, watched from the dunes near the beach as they turned people around. Coming in from PDI or from the beach Is your best bet. There not police they look like rangers black trousers Sand coloured shirt cowboy hat and a whistle. We are still having fun on dairy basis shame about others not taking rubbish ect, and some men hanging around when your eating like cats waiting for milk lol

By *over757Man  over a year ago

Vera Spain

When you look at the rest of Spain there's fly tipping and building shite dumped all over the place so I don't think conservation is that high on their list.

all around

"When you look at the rest of Spain there's fly tipping and building shite dumped all over the place so I don't think conservation is that high on their list."

We don't get your point ?

Maspalomas dunes aren't the rest of Spain ???

By *over757Man  over a year ago

Vera Spain

"When you look at the rest of Spain there's fly tipping and building shite dumped all over the place so I don't think conservation is that high on their list.

Maspalomas dunes aren't the rest of Spain ???"

. I don't get yours. I was referring to the Spanish attitude of they don't give a fuck how the place looks not its physical location. Maybe you're part of the problem leaving used condoms all over the place!

By *xposedInTheSunCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Maybe you're part of the problem leaving used condoms all over the place!"

Seems unlikely as they've gone on record saying that they understand the restrictions.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"When you look at the rest of Spain there's fly tipping and building shite dumped all over the place so I don't think conservation is that high on their list.

Maspalomas dunes aren't the rest of Spain ???. I don't get yours. I was referring to the Spanish attitude of they don't give a fuck how the place looks not its physical location. Maybe you're part of the problem leaving used condoms all over the place!"

Don’t see this Spanish attitude, we live close to the Spanish border and are regular visitors, always pleasantly surprised how clean and tidy N. Spain is.

In GC we’ve gone annually to La Mirage for last 10 years and the same although we never venture into the Dunes, why would we!

all around

[Removed by poster at 22/12/21 09:17:15]

all around

Maspalomas dunes aren't the rest of Spain ???. I don't get yours. I was referring to the Spanish attitude of they don't give a fuck how the place looks not its physical location. Maybe you're part of the problem leaving used condoms all over the place!"

Nope never left a condom there pal so sorry to disappoint you.

By *ayandjimCouple  over a year ago

scotland

are the dunes open now are there any restrictions

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

"are the dunes open now are there any restrictions "

Restrictions are in place, marked paths etc. It is being picked and there have been substantial fines.

More info here.

https://www.grancanaria.com/turismo/en/beaches/maspalomas/help-us-protect-the-maspalomas-dunes-find-out-about-the-masdunas-project/#:~:text=The%20Maspalomas%20Dunes%20are%20not%20closing%20to%20the%20public.&text=This%20conservation%20plan%20never%20intended,and%20respect%20for%20the%20environment.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

*being policed.

Damned autowotsit

scotland

just back had a good time at the beach yes the plants are fenced off but you can sit in front of them and still have risky fun and we seen wardens and a drone

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

How do you know it was a police drone

Could’ve been anyones drone and now have people all over YouTube…..

Just saying.

all around

"How do you know it was a police drone

Just saying. "

The drine could have been anyone but the police were sitting in a 4x4 just off the path at the back of k4 (6) yesterday around 3 in the afternoon and a pickup dropped off 6 wardens in high vis this morning around 11 near the Rui hotel

Doubt anyone would be flying a drone this afternoon it's far too windy

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Just saying. "

It was going"nee naw" "nee naw", sorry lol.

[Removed by poster at 21/03/22 18:59:28]

Just saying.

It was going"nee naw" "nee naw", sorry lol."

PMSL, good to see someone has a sense of humour on here

By *ophie SteveCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We're headed to Maspalomas on Saturday and fun in the dunes is what we're seeking.

Conflicting posts on this thread, so we are wondering whether it's safe now - and whereabouts to go in order to avoid drones/police/patrols/hoards of weirdos/offending innocent passers by. Any tips would be appreciated!

By *kpx69Couple  over a year ago

cumbria

We seen quite a bit if activity behind kiosk 3 at the other end of the beach when we were there in January. A lot nicer up there too.

Been here since Saturday the drone that has been mentioned was being flown by 3 teenagers on the dunes , definitely not police or wardens , as for the fenced off areas well most people can’t stick to the rules , loads of people men and women, walking and sunbathing in them , didn’t see any wardens the two days I’ve spent on the beach and walking back , too be fair it’s dead out here , been here over 30 times and this is the quietest I’ve ever seen it ,

scotland

i didnt say a police drone just a drone the police do drive along the beach but not up by the dunes the wardens we seen more like council workers and liter pickers fixing the fence off area and they did ask people to move off this area but we sat in front by bushes and no problem and a lot of naked people at or before the nude area

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Just saying.

PMSL, good to see someone has a sense of humour on here "

You need one on here

Xxxxx

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Just saying.

PMSL, good to see someone has a sense of humour on here

You need one on here

Xxxxx"

Life is short and Crap for many ATM, to many serious people on this site,do what ever makes you happy and enjoy,

» Add a new message to this topic