FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > What test are required for Gran Canaria from the 1st December

What test are required for Gran Canaria from the 1st December

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ature guy. OP   Man  over a year ago

leeds

Can anyone help.

I am finding lots of differing advise from sources about what tests are required.

In October I went to Spain mainland, no issues.

NHS app filled in ok

Filled in the passenger locator form

Ordered a 2 day return test

Completed the Spanish Control Form 48 hrs before coming back home. All easy.

I understand as well as arranging the 2 day test you need to isolate until a negative result and you must be fully vaccinated.

But have been told by a testing company you need to have a clear test 48 hrs before you fly out to be allowed into Canaries, anyone else heard this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ested_waterCouple  over a year ago

southampton

ive not heard that and we are flying sat. that would be the case if you were unvaccinated maybe thats the confusion.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Have a look on gov.uk travel restrictions for Spain. I can't see where it says you have to test before travel to Spain, from the UK.

chelmsford

"ive not heard that and we are flying sat. that would be the case if you were unvaccinated maybe thats the confusion."

You can't travel to Spain, from the UK, unless you are fully vaccinated. It seems to be different rules for different countries.

leeds

I have checked on the official Espth.gob.es website an they say as long as you have a current eu doc proof of vaccination you are ok.

I was in spain on october and the NHS App QR code is all the proof they need to trace your full vaccination details.

I have spent over an hour checking today and cannot find anything that says you need this pre test before travel as long as you have the NHS App QR code.

I am hoping it was poor advise but last thing you need just before flying.

Fingers crossed

leeds

Thanks Samiss

We are fully vaccinated + booster, I just think the pre- test is for those who are not vaccinated. Or that is how it reads on Spains health website.

chelmsford

I think the testing company are trying to get you to buy an extra test!

chelmsford

"Thanks Samiss

We are fully vaccinated + booster, I just think the pre- test is for those who are not vaccinated. Or that is how it reads on Spains health website."

as I said above, it's different rules for different countries and we in the UK have to be fully vaccinated.

By *onest coupleCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Your better off looking on the Gov website not taking information that might be incorrect from people who haven't been to PDI for a few years.

chelmsford

"Your better off looking on the Gov website not taking information that might be incorrect from people who haven't been to PDI for a few years. "

Yes that was exactly my advise

By *ercedes2015Couple  over a year ago

Cullompton

"Your better off looking on the Gov website not taking information that might be incorrect from people who haven't been to PDI for a few years. "

Totally agree with this.

chelmsford

"Your better off looking on the Gov website not taking information that might be incorrect from people who haven't been to PDI for a few years.

Totally agree with this."

That's why I suggested it in my first post. You don't have to go anywhere, just the ability to find the information and read it. Things change so quickly and the Gov.UK site will be updated, so you always have current information

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or asking dave down the pub or bob on fakebook

chelmsford

"Or asking dave down the pub or bob on fakebook"

Even better

Wakefield

You would be better off asking Dave in the pub or your aunty May in the Darby and Joan club lol as some say yes i go to PDI lots and never played in 10 year or more and when they do go just sit and talk about swinging, or sit at the bar pretending to be swingers and want to know everyone's business lol.

Your Gov information is the one .

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

‘some say yes i go to PDI lots and never played in 10 year or more and when they do go just sit and talk about swinging, or sit at the bar pretending to be swingers and want to know everyone's business lol’

…..what’s this got to do with the op’s question on vaccination/test requirements for GC?

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

****PLEASE DELETE IF NOT ALLOWED****

Copied from Gov site 2nd December 2021 at 20.02

Entry requirements for tourists from the UK

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry proof of being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation.

All passengers (including children under 12 years old) travelling by air or sea must complete and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel. See Arrival by air or sea for details.

Spain will accept the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination record. If you are travelling with a printed PDF proof of vaccination status, it must date from 1 November to ensure that the certificate can be scanned successfully. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Certificates of recovery - a medical document certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months prior to travel - is not currently accepted for arrivals from the UK. See the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page for details.

Documents can be in either English, Spanish, French or German and in paper or electronic format. All documents must specify the name and surname of the passenger. See ‘Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries’ section ‘k.’ on the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page for details regarding proof of vaccination that can be presented when travelling to Spain from the UK.

Further rules may apply if you have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk’ countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain.

chelmsford

"‘some say yes i go to PDI lots and never played in 10 year or more and when they do go just sit and talk about swinging, or sit at the bar pretending to be swingers and want to know everyone's business lol’

…..what’s this got to do with the op’s question on vaccination/test requirements for GC? "

Yes, back to the OP..hope you found the information on gov.uk, helpful, OP and have a great holiday!

chelmsford

"****PLEASE DELETE IF NOT ALLOWED****

Copied from Gov site 2nd December 2021 at 20.02

Entry requirements for tourists from the UK

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry proof of being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation.

All passengers (including children under 12 years old) travelling by air or sea must complete and sign an online Health Control Form no more than 48 hours prior to travel. See Arrival by air or sea for details.

Spain will accept the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination record. If you are travelling with a printed PDF proof of vaccination status, it must date from 1 November to ensure that the certificate can be scanned successfully. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Certificates of recovery - a medical document certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months prior to travel - is not currently accepted for arrivals from the UK. See the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page for details.

Documents can be in either English, Spanish, French or German and in paper or electronic format. All documents must specify the name and surname of the passenger. See ‘Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries’ section ‘k.’ on the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page for details regarding proof of vaccination that can be presented when travelling to Spain from the UK.

Further rules may apply if you have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk’ countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain.

"

Spot on!

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

The Telegraph published something this morning which gave me cause for concern..maybe they are talking to Bob down the pub..or maybe Pedro in the ministry let slip what is coming

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But still better check Facebook and tictok to confirm only saying love pet hun

Wakefield

Or ask the UK tour guide for up to date information on travel vaccine and if you need advice on any other things not to mention swinging clubs.

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

» Add a new message to this topic