FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria Covid testing

Gran Canaria Covid testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi we fly to Gran Canaria next week. I see UK have just stopped testing for returning does anyone know latest rules for testing to fly out? We are both triple jabbed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde, France

Gov.uk is the place to visit for all up to date news on travel restrictions.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hi we fly to Gran Canaria next week. I see UK have just stopped testing for returning does anyone know latest rules for testing to fly out? We are both triple jabbed."

Your final vaccination needs to have been administered at least 14 days before you travel and within 270 days (9 months).

You’ll need your valid certificate to back this, so add it to your phone, screenshot and maybe take a print out if you want to be extra cautious; though we never showed a paper copy when we were there.

You also need to complete the SpTH (Spanish Travel Health Form) 48 hours prior to travel. I recommend doing this on a laptop. There is an app but I find it a bit temperamental. If you experience the same, scrap the app and open a web browser.

That’s pretty much the gist of it, but as you’ve been advised, check official sites as something could change in the blink of an eye.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Above post not strictly correct ! If you've had all 3 jabs it doesn't matter when you had the last one, it could have been beyond the 270 day limit, (unlikely) but if you're triple jabbed, that's it, no need to worry, you travel unrestricted, simple. I'm unsure why people keep asking the same question to be honest, & on a stingers website ! Surely Google can come up with a more reliable source than here ??

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Above post not strictly correct ! If you've had all 3 jabs it doesn't matter when you had the last one, it could have been beyond the 270 day limit, (unlikely) but if you're triple jabbed, that's it, no need to worry, you travel unrestricted, simple. I'm unsure why people keep asking the same question to be honest, & on a stingers website ! Surely Google can come up with a more reliable source than here ??"

You are correct that it’s unlikely a third jab was administered beyond 9 months, but I’ve not read anything on either the UK or Spanish gov sites to suggest being triple jabbed completely exempts you. However, as the OP has been triple jabbed, it’s fair to make a calculated statement that they have met this part of the conditional requirement.

In terms of Google being a more reliable source, I wouldn’t recommend this whatsoever. The post above mine is far more reliable advice.

The gov site is by far the best source of information and forms the basis of my response to the OP.

I went to Germany in December and took my 12 year old, turning to 13 lad. Trying to obtain the information I needed (including gov sites) was an inconsistent nightmare (phone calls too).

Nevertheless, some of the content returned from articles on established sites by articulate journalists had written was piss poor at best.

Yes, this question has been asked many times. But you also have to appreciate that the answer hasn’t exactly been static either. It isn’t 1 + 1 = 2.

I don’t see anything wrong with people asking questions in topic related forums, swinger centric or otherwise. As for the outcome, it’s debatable how good the content is, a bit like a Google search.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

"Above post not strictly correct ! If you've had all 3 jabs it doesn't matter when you had the last one, it could have been beyond the 270 day limit, (unlikely) but if you're triple jabbed, that's it, no need to worry, you travel unrestricted, simple. I'm unsure why people keep asking the same question to be honest, & on a stingers website ! Surely Google can come up with a more reliable source than here ??"

My opinion is, I would sooner hear it from someone who has Actually done it than spend hours on google looking for the correct answer that may or may not be accurate.

So my question now is how long before travel do you have to fill out the forms assuming you still do need to complete them before you go??

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Within 48 hours

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

"Within 48 hours"

thank you

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK thanks everyone.