FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Medication Spain

Medication Spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

Hi Folks,

Maybe a silly question but is the medication in Spain different to here?

I bought a drug which is prescribed only in the uk over the counter in Spain.

Let’s just say I’m

Like a rusted radiator emptying lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I don't think anyone knows exactly what the rules are, or they know but some don't give a shit.

In some pharmacy's they will, for example, sell antibiotics over the counter, others will ask for a prescription.

Mrs H takes medication which is prescription only in Germany, but here we've always got it over the counter.

This trip we went to the usual pharmacy and they asked for prescription, but went to another down the road and got it without a problem

It really is about as clear as mud.

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

"I don't think anyone knows exactly what the rules are, or they know but some don't give a shit.

In some pharmacy's they will, for example, sell antibiotics over the counter, others will ask for a prescription.

Mrs H takes medication which is prescription only in Germany, but here we've always got it over the counter.

This trip we went to the usual pharmacy and they asked for prescription, but went to another down the road and got it without a problem

It really is about as clear as mud.

"

I’ll not be going it again!

Lovely pics btw

By *ablicker69Man  over a year ago

UK

I’m asthmatic. Asthma medication is the same in Spain as it is over the U.K. main difference it’s sold over the counter and about €8 cheaper than a U.K. prescription!

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Active ingredient is the same but it might have a different name. Look at the vademécum to see correspondence and milligrams.

Medicines in my country are much cheaper and you might not need any GP prescription in the Pharmacy

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

Almeria

It also very much depends what region that you are buying in, some things that you can buy without prescription in Murcia region you cannot in Andalusia.

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

"It also very much depends what region that you are buying in, some things that you can buy without prescription in Murcia region you cannot in Andalusia."

Correct

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"It also very much depends what region that you are buying in, some things that you can buy without prescription in Murcia region you cannot in Andalusia."

Yes very true but, as above, it can also vary from one pharmacy to another.

If you get refused at one don't give up, the next one could easily sell you what you want.

We get that regularly here.

» Add a new message to this topic