FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Booster jab to travel to Spain

Booster jab to travel to Spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tickyPoll OP   Couple  over a year ago

South East

Hey, we are travelling to Playa del Inges in May this year. Does anyone know if we need to have Covid boosters to travel their. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

You don't need to have had a booster, but your last jab must have been within 270 days of travel.

We have had to have a booster as our second dose was too long ago.

South East

Thank you for your help. Looks as if we are having our booster tonight!!

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

Do we have to get a booster certificate, i have the one with 2 jabs although not the booster

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

As far as I know, if you have the NHS app, everytime you go in and request it, it creates a new one to download or email it to you that lasts for 30 days and that shows the booster you had as well as original vaccinations. If you don't use the NHS app, you can order one online on the NHS site or call 119 but make sure you do it at least 5 days or more before so there is time to be posted to you. That also lasts for 30 days.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"As far as I know, if you have the NHS app, everytime you go in and request it, it creates a new one to download or email it to you that lasts for 30 days and that shows the booster you had as well as original vaccinations. If you don't use the NHS app, you can order one online on the NHS site or call 119 but make sure you do it at least 5 days or more before so there is time to be posted to you. That also lasts for 30 days. "

This is correct and pretty straightforward

By *eamteamCouple  over a year ago

Toen

If you have had covid in past 6 months you can just show that proof on NHS ap and you can get in.That applies to non Vaccinated as well.

Toen

If you have had covid in past 6 months you can just show that proof on NHS ap and you can get in.That applies to non Vaccinated as well.

You don’t even have to get a test to get in country.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#if-youve-had-covid-19-in-the-past-year

If you’re travelling to Spain for tourism purposes, are not fully vaccinated but have recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months, you can use the UK proof of COVID-19 recovery record or a recovery certificate issued by a relevant health authority or medical service to certify your COVID-19 status.

At least 11 days must have passed since your first positive COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test - NAAT (PCR or similar) or rapid antigen test. The recovery record or certificate will be valid for 180 days from the date of the positive test and must include the following information:

your full name

the date you first tested positive for COVID-19

the type of test administered (e.g. COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test - NAAT (PCR or similar) or rapid antigen test)

the name of the country issuing the recovery record or certificate

documentary proof of the diagnostic test from which the Recovery Certificate is derived

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

You also have to complete the Spanish form and download it 48hrs before you set off...it's a nightmare to do.

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

Takes about 10mins

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Reading the Canarian Weekly, it looks like there may be some changes happening for May.

It doesn’t exactly say this, but it does say that for another Month, until 30th April, you’ll need your covid passport and Spanish locator form. This could mean we’ll see some changes in May, all being well.

South East

"Takes about 10mins"

Thank you

By *reepass4meCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Help! we have flights booked to Spain this Friday.

One of the party had first two jabs over six months ago. The Sept/Oct last yr, a week of being really ill with covid (person is never ill)

As a result, decided not to have 3rd booster. Then in early March, a few days of much milder cold type covid. Isolated & WFH. Hasn't to date got NHS app, so didn't record the recent bout officially buy logging with NHS app.

Question: How does person get a "Recovery Certificate" - when ill in early March..(wasn't expecting to have to document for Apr travel.

Any help/advice appreciated

thanks

By *havfunCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Help! we have flights booked to Spain this Friday.

One of the party had first two jabs over six months ago. The Sept/Oct last yr, a week of being really ill with covid (person is never ill)

As a result, decided not to have 3rd booster. Then in early March, a few days of much milder cold type covid. Isolated & WFH. Hasn't to date got NHS app, so didn't record the recent bout officially buy logging with NHS app.

Question: How does person get a "Recovery Certificate" - when ill in early March..(wasn't expecting to have to document for Apr travel.

thanks

"

The problem is that you don't have proof that you had covid - so you probably aren't going to be able to get proof that you have recovered.

Booster jabs don't need to be done 14 days before travel, so maybe getting one of those is the best way forward.

I think you aren't supposed to have the booster within 28 days of having covid - but as far as the NHS know, you haven't had it.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

thanks

"

Six months ago isn't more than 270 days

Cheltenham

We have a photo of a test that was sent by whatsapp, so it isn't reported to NHS but can be linked to the date.

we spoke to our GP surgery who can;t help - not sure who the official body for issuing the Recovery Certs are and if there is some sort of helpline.

(The first bout of covid last Oct, she was very ill but never got a confirmed PCR either...we're in the region that use the lab that reported all the false readings )

Cheltenham

"Six months ago isn't more than 270 days"

didn't have exact dates to hand but the first two jabs were more than 270 days ago, unfortunately.

Birmingham

"We have a photo of a test that was sent by whatsapp, so it isn't reported to NHS but can be linked to the date.

we spoke to our GP surgery who can;t help - not sure who the official body for issuing the Recovery Certs are and if there is some sort of helpline.

(The first bout of covid last Oct, she was very ill but never got a confirmed PCR either...we're in the region that use the lab that reported all the false readings )

"

My understanding is that as an over 18, if you had covid and reported it to the NHS, then you would have an audit trail from when you reported positive and when you reported negative. The NHS App (not Covid App) would then allow you to generate a certificate, or a QR code that would link to this information.

If you’ve done the tests, and then not followed the process of reporting it, then naturally there isn’t an audit trail.

I say the above as despite have the vaccination and the boosters, I caught covid earlier this year and my pass was disabled until recovery.

I took my son to Germany in December and he was 12, turning 13 in Germany. He had covid last summer and as an under 18, coupled with the 12 to 13 crossover, I had a nightmare trying to collate evidence for him to travel. Numerous calls to the NHS hotline, phone the equivalent in Germany and a mixed return of answers with no concrete solutions. Couple this with the hours of reading official documents vs news journals. I was none the wiser.

What I did is, printed out and took photos of the NHS emails stating he was positive and when he was negative. And I also paid £20 for a pre departure test to prove he was negative (Randox CertFly).

In the end, all of this was in vain, as he was straight in and straight out of Germany. No issues in the shops/restaurants too where you had to show passports, and they were major strict.

I’m not saying the above is a means to a solution as there’s a number of differences in that he was a child, versus I’m guessing an adult, this was Germany versus Spain, and four months difference.

I would certainly ensure you check all criteria before travel, and the above is simply an anecdote I’m sharing about my experience as at the time, I had nothing to relate or compare to.

By *havfunCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"We have a photo of a test that was sent by whatsapp, so it isn't reported to NHS but can be linked to the date.

"

There are some private firms offering certificates - for a fee. Who knows how reliable they are - but you just want the certificate.

However, I doubt that even they would accept a photo as evidence

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Maybe the rules are different from the UK. But we flew from Germany to Spain (Dusseldorf-Alicante) just over a fortnight ago.

We had our double jab QR code, a recovery certificate, and we did tests just to be on the safe side.

Nobody at either airport asked to see any of it. The only thing they wanted at Alicante was the locator form. Nothing else.

Toen

Think it’s changed guys you just need to be double jabbed no booster required. Check out the U.K. gov website

By *uncouple2425Couple  over a year ago

doncaster

"Think it’s changed guys you just need to be double jabbed no booster required. Check out the U.K. gov website "

Double jabbed yes, but within 270 days of arrival, so if your second was over summer last year like ours was, then you would need the booster.

It's hidden away and not as clear as it should be I think.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

What happens in the summer when for lots of people it will be coming up to 270 days since they had their booster, never mind the first two jabs. How can you travel then as currently the 4th booster is only available to over 75s and most vulnerable. The mind boggles

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

It's the 2nd vaccination which has to be within the last 270 days. If you've had a booster, it doesn't matter how long ago the booster was. Obviously things could change but that's how it is at the moment.

Birmingham

thanks

"

From gov website:

How to use the NHS COVID Pass when travelling abroad

You can show the vaccination records in your NHS COVID Pass as proof of your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad.

Proof of recovery from prior COVID-19 infection if you have tested positive on an NHS PCR test in the last 180 days is also shown.

You will also need to follow additional rules set by the country you are travelling to when abroad.

You should register with the NHS App before booking international travel.

Read more information on travelling abroad during COVID-19.

You should check that your first name and your surname on your passport match how they are displayed by your NHS COVID Pass at least 3 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated. Please note, name changes could result in temporary issues with matching your GP record to your hospital and prescription records.

If you have not been fully vaccinated, you should continue to follow the entry requirements of the country you are travelling to, such as proof of a negative COVID-19 test on arrival. You should carefully research the requirements of your destination country before travelling.

I think you have two options, take your proof to the GP or contact NHS and see if they might somehow be able to backdate your bout of covid and log it retrospectively. Highly unlikely they will but I’m pretty much a nothing ventured, nothing gained type of person.

Otherwise, the information I provided on my previous thread.

This said, all could change again depending when you go in May.

Good luck.

It’ll be interesting to hear what you did eventually and your travel experience.

Cheltenham

Thanks to everyone who has replied. We seem to be caught in between the first jabs, getting covid (& not being able to log it properly), not getting the 3rd booster (as just had it)...if we knew then what we know now!

We have booked and paid for a PCR, which we think we can log as proof of being clear (forget which website said this). We tried to get a Recovery Cert but GP couldn't help - we found a place to buy online but we didn't try it.

Thanks again to everyone for advice, really appreciated. Due to fly Friday, we're really hoping flight isn't cancelled!

South East

"Think it’s changed guys you just need to be double jabbed no booster required. Check out the U.K. gov website "
thanks guys xx

» Add a new message to this topic