FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > GC travel requirements

GC travel requirements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was hoping someone might be able to share recent info on travel requirements to GC?

As I understand double vaccination okay so long as 2nd dose no more than 270 days ago, otherwise 3rd dose required.

We read somewhere on the forums that they will be reviewing on 15th May (today) - is that true?

We're both double vaccinated but over 270 days. Neither really want a booster so we were going to wait it out but if it's unlikely to change before June 12th I guess we'll have to.

Thanks in advance for any replies and apologies if this should have gone in the coronavirus thread.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/No-vax-no-entry-Spain-extends-travel-restrictions-on-third-country-and-UK-travellers

"Over 18s: Must have proof of vaccination (2nd jab within 270 days or booster), or a valid recovery certificate proving recovery in the last 6 months.

12 to 17-year-olds: Must have proof of vaccination, or valid recovery certificate, or negative PCR test result in the last 72 hours.

Under 12s: No tests or vaccination required.

Locator forms: The NHS Covid Pass is recognised across Europe, not just in Spain, as a replacement for proof of vaccination status instead of the EU Covid Certificate, so as long as you have this up to date, no locator form is necessary. If you don’t have this, then you still have to complete a form."

"https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/No-vax-no-entry-Spain-extends-travel-restrictions-on-third-country-and-UK-travellers

"Over 18s: Must have proof of vaccination (2nd jab within 270 days or booster), or a valid recovery certificate proving recovery in the last 6 months.

12 to 17-year-olds: Must have proof of vaccination, or valid recovery certificate, or negative PCR test result in the last 72 hours.

Locator forms: The NHS Covid Pass is recognised across Europe, not just in Spain, as a replacement for proof of vaccination status instead of the EU Covid Certificate, so as long as you have this up to date, no locator form is necessary. If you don’t have this, then you still have to complete a form.""

Thank you, super helpful - looks like we'll be getting our boosters then!

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria - Birmingham

"https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/No-vax-no-entry-Spain-extends-travel-restrictions-on-third-country-and-UK-travellers

Locator forms: The NHS Covid Pass is recognised across Europe, not just in Spain, as a replacement for proof of vaccination status instead of the EU Covid Certificate, so as long as you have this up to date, no locator form is necessary. If you don’t have this, then you still have to complete a form."

Thank you, super helpful - looks like we'll be getting our boosters then! "

Unless you’ve tested positive for covid, reported it, recovered, reported it and can obtain a recovery certificate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So if your fully jabbed and have the NHS app showing this , you don’t need to fill out a locator form? Is that right I had to have both in March

By *ent MadamWoman  over a year ago

Kent

You do not need a locator form . Only your NHS Covid pass .I have just come back this week .

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

As above

We are here now

You can go to the Spanish Travel Health website and upload your covid pass to test the validity of your covid certificate.

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

So as long as your jabbed there's no need for a locator form ,is that right ,as i went to gc _April 25 we needed one then and im going to Majorca in a months time x

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Our boosters will be a year old by the time we fly and we’re not in a vulnerable list to get a fourth jab. How do we secure entry to GC in that case ??

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

They were supposed to be dropping their vaccine requirement on 15th May but have decided to continue it fir another month. My guess is that they'll drop itby then as their more or less the only country left in the EU requiring vaccines for entry.

Keep an eye on reopen dot europa dot eu for latest info.

Belfast

"They were supposed to be dropping their vaccine requirement on 15th May but have decided to continue it fir another month. My guess is that they'll drop itby then as their more or less the only country left in the EU requiring vaccines for entry.

Keep an eye on reopen dot europa dot eu for latest info."

Will do xx

By *aucySouWestersCouple  over a year ago

Devon

We were in GC for 18/30 April NO locator forms were required, just our 3 jabs certificate.

By *aucySouWestersCouple  over a year ago

Devon

[Removed by poster at 16/05/22 12:47:53]

Plymouth

When we arrive last week, the majority of passengers weren't checked. They were pulling a few out for random checking. You either need a EU/UK cert or a SPHTF for. We did both but needed neither in the end

By *OVERSUP2004Man  over a year ago

Guildford

[Removed by poster at 18/05/22 21:44:08]

By *OVERSUP2004Man  over a year ago

Guildford

"Our boosters will be a year old by the time we fly and we’re not in a vulnerable list to get a fourth jab. How do we secure entry to GC in that case ?? "

There is no time limit on the booster jab, the time limit is only for the second jab if you have not had the booster.

As you have had the booster you will be fine to travel. All you will need is your up to date Covid pass showing all three jabs.

for those complying with the vaccination requirements there is no need now for a travel locator form

Belfast

"Our boosters will be a year old by the time we fly and we’re not in a vulnerable list to get a fourth jab. How do we secure entry to GC in that case ??

There is no time limit on the booster jab, the time limit is only for the second jab if you have not had the booster.

As you have had the booster you will be fine to travel. All you will need is your up to date Covid pass showing all three jabs.

for those complying with the vaccination requirements there is no need now for a travel locator form"

Thank you

Potentially there’s good news on the horizon.

Obviously travel plans (especially for people travelling shortly) need to be adhered to current requirements, but just read that there are plans to welcome unvaccinated travellers in days.

Details haven’t been finalised yet, but it looks like consideration will be made for the unvaccinated, though possibly a test of some nature to support this.

[Removed by poster at 22/05/22 21:24:09]

"Potentially there’s good news on the horizon.

Obviously travel plans (especially for people travelling shortly) need to be adhered to current requirements, but just read that there are plans to welcome unvaccinated travellers in days.

Details haven’t been finalised yet, but it looks like consideration will be made for the unvaccinated, though possibly a test of some nature to support this."

You called it! They announced changes. Pity we already got our boosters

By *usthere4uMan  over a year ago

North East

planning to go in august...any restrictions,requirements?some.people said still need fast test!?

"planning to go in august...any restrictions,requirements?some.people said still need fast test!? "

At this current moment, I believe it’s still the same. Fully boosted is ok, double vaccinated more than a couple of weeks but less than six months is ok, or recovered from covid in the last 6 months with proof is ok.

If you haven’t been vaccinated or outside of the range above, then proof of a negative PCR/Antigen test is required.

North East

"planning to go in august...any restrictions,requirements?some.people said still need fast test!?

At this current moment, I believe it’s still the same. Fully boosted is ok, double vaccinated more than a couple of weeks but less than six months is ok, or recovered from covid in the last 6 months with proof is ok.

If you haven’t been vaccinated or outside of the range above, then proof of a negative PCR/Antigen test is required."

i had both vaccines but not booster..and now i have covid.flying in august...so cant do booster..what are the options?

"planning to go in august...any restrictions,requirements?some.people said still need fast test!?

If you haven’t been vaccinated or outside of the range above, then proof of a negative PCR/Antigen test is required.i had both vaccines but not booster..and now i have covid.flying in august...so cant do booster..what are the options?"

Negative PCR Test OR Proof Of Recovery certificate I believe....? Anyone else know for sure?

Plymouth

As of today 21st July all COVID-19 travel restrictions have been lifted in Spain. Providing proof of vaccination, recovery from COVID-19 or negative test results is no longer required.

That is entering Spain from an EU Member State or Schengen Associated country

That taken from reopen.europa.eu

North East

"As of today 21st July all COVID-19 travel restrictions have been lifted in Spain. Providing proof of vaccination, recovery from COVID-19 or negative test results is no longer required.

That is entering Spain from an EU Member State or Schengen Associated country

That taken from reopen.europa.eu

"

. yes but entering from Uk..Uk is not considered EU anymore...even i have a EU passport

By *ent MadamWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I would of thought a relevant traveller

From GC would of been able to advise you ,

He travels back and forth. And always knows

All the rules on travel on a daily basis..,

We aren't all regular travellers. Some of us stay on the island to run a business. As I said before that's the last thing I read about entry requirements. And also as I said if anyone else could provide information please do.

[Removed by poster at 22/07/22 00:00:59]

"i had both vaccines but not booster..and now i have covid. planning to go in august...any restrictions,requirements?some.people said still need fast test!?

"

Have you recorded with the NHS app that you were positive and then recorded two negative results thereafter?

If so, you will have proof of recovery.

If not, then you’ll have to have a PCR/antigen before you go out.

Unless you had the second jab to be fully vaccinated less than 6 months ago, then this will be ok.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Current requirements. 270 days is only for initial jabs, a booster has no expiry.

From the government website.

If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into Spain. As soon as you receive your booster, you are considered fully vaccinated with immediate effect. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.

If you are aged 18 or over and have not received a booster, but have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine approved for use by Spain, then at least 14 days and no more than 270 days must have passed since your last dose, to qualify as fully vaccinated.

North East

thank you everyone for your help..done more researches and without having the booster i am considered unvaccinated...done my 2 jabs in 2020...

What if you haven’t had any jabs? I might going to Tenerife next May

By *ouldlove2Man  over a year ago

worthing

Why you not had any jabs ???

"What if you haven’t had any jabs? I might going to Tenerife next May"

It may change by then but you need a negative PCR test OR a certificate of recovery. Miss Eden_GC Xx

"Why you not had any jabs ???"

Cause I didn’t want them

"What if you haven’t had any jabs? I might going to Tenerife next May

It may change by then but you need a negative PCR test OR a certificate of recovery. Miss Eden_GC Xx "

Thanks handy to know

» Add a new message to this topic