FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Weather warnings

Weather warnings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    8 weeks ago

I read an online article yesterday about storms effecting Gran Canaria during Holy week. Now AccuWeather has an Amber warning for rain this weekend. Is the weather really like that in April? I know to take forecasts with a pinch of salt but this was pretty specific. Can anyone say what the weather's actually like. We are looking at rebooking for June but wonder now if we had a stroke of luck in having to cancel our April holiday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 8 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"I read an online article yesterday about storms effecting Gran Canaria during Holy week. Now AccuWeather has an Amber warning for rain this weekend. Is the weather really like that in April? I know to take forecasts with a pinch of salt but this was pretty specific. Can anyone say what the weather's actually like. We are looking at rebooking for June but wonder now if we had a stroke of luck in having to cancel our April holiday"

For the whole of the Canary Islands, it can get that way. Wind is always the thing, and just sometimes torrential downpours (Usually in the mountains). It doesn't last that long. Calimas can last for a week or so though.

There is a large storm brewing off Funchal and should take about 4 days to pass - meteo are better forecasters and their sat weather animations show you exactly what's happening. You can predict it yourself, it's so good.

By *havennaturistsCouple 8 weeks ago

Banff

Yesterday evening 6pm it was 13C driving back from the airport after dropping friends off.

We had a heavy shower of rain in Cotillo first thing, but it has brightened up since. Quite a chilly NNWesterly breeze.

"I read an online article yesterday about storms effecting Gran Canaria during Holy week. Now AccuWeather has an Amber warning for rain this weekend. Is the weather really like that in April? I know to take forecasts with a pinch of salt but this was pretty specific. Can anyone say what the weather's actually like. We are looking at rebooking for June but wonder now if we had a stroke of luck in having to cancel our April holiday

For the whole of the Canary Islands, it can get that way. Wind is always the thing, and just sometimes torrential downpours (Usually in the mountains). It doesn't last that long. Calimas can last for a week or so though.

There is a large storm brewing off Funchal and should take about 4 days to pass - meteo are better forecasters and their sat weather animations show you exactly what's happening. You can predict it yourself, it's so good."

Is that Meteonews? See a few websites with Meteo in them. Thanks

"I read an online article yesterday about storms effecting Gran Canaria during Holy week. Now AccuWeather has an Amber warning for rain this weekend. Is the weather really like that in April? I know to take forecasts with a pinch of salt but this was pretty specific. Can anyone say what the weather's actually like. We are looking at rebooking for June but wonder now if we had a stroke of luck in having to cancel our April holiday

There is a large storm brewing off Funchal and should take about 4 days to pass - meteo are better forecasters and their sat weather animations show you exactly what's happening. You can predict it yourself, it's so good.

Is that Meteonews? See a few websites with Meteo in them. Thanks"

Send me a PM

By *I TwoCouple 8 weeks ago

all around

"I read an online article yesterday about storms effecting Gran Canaria during Holy week. Now AccuWeather has an Amber warning for rain this weekend. Is the weather really like that in April? I know to take forecasts with a pinch of salt but this was pretty specific. Can anyone say what the weather's actually like. We are looking at rebooking for June but wonder now if we had a stroke of luck in having to cancel our April holiday"

You should think about November, according to someone that's "not here anymore" November is the new October.

Banff

A link to the Spanish Meteorological Agency, complete with weather warnings for this weekend.

https://www.aemet.es/en/portada#tab2

Thanks have those bookmarked and they certainly appear much more detailed than AccuWeather

Hope the weather isn't too bad for those out there

"Thanks have those bookmarked and they certainly appear much more detailed than AccuWeather

Hope the weather isn't too bad for those out there"

My Pleasure Hun. It's just the best one ever. Real time too.

Banff

Saturday morning on the beach in Cotillo. Blue sky, sunshine, no wind, very quiet. Most will have stayed away because of the forecast. This weather forecasting is so simple, it's a piece of cake!

By *I TwoCouple 8 weeks ago

all around

"Saturday morning on the beach in Cotillo. Blue sky, sunshine, no wind, very quiet. Most will have stayed away because of the forecast. This weather forecasting is so simple, it's a piece of cake!"

Not so nice on the SE according to live weather radar

By *orneadorlpMan 8 weeks ago

london

Aemet radar is the best

I think asking people that are there is possibly the best idea. It does appear to be very unsettled I found a webcam feed last night that showed most people walking around in coats and trousers

By *ad Bi CoupleCouple 8 weeks ago

Hampshire

Cloudy but warm in PDI right now. Heavy rain last night as we left Route 69 at about 2.30. Rained all day yesterday with more forecast later today and tomorrow afternoon.

By *atEvolutionCouple 7 weeks ago

Well, Meteo weather warnings were spot on - Lots of Flooding following the Storm.

It's ironic that the local governments departments (Fuerteventura. Tenerife) were talking about a possible water shortage and 'wind drought' (!) only three weeks ago. In the latter, the large Solar Farm is well underway but climate change with regard to higher maximum temps - 45 Degrees+ in the hotter part of the season and unpredictable weather including dry & persistent thick cloud in the lower part of the season may start to tangibly effect tourism across the whole of the Canary Islands.

By *asons_CarounnCouple 7 weeks ago

Lancashire

It rained for maybe an hour ‘ish’ yesterday and people are losing their minds! …. Seriously, it wasn’t cold U.K. rain….. just pack a light jacket and go shopping whilst it clears up.

Small islands in the middle of the ocean are always windy…. Part of the deal!

Flooding in Pajara - Flooding in Lanzarote - Flooding in Gran Canaria . . .

'The Canary Islands have had more rain in one day than the entire winter season'. Since the onset of the rains on Friday afternoon, the emergency services have recorded 124 incidents across the islands'

Yea, it was just a bit of a piddle.

By *asons_CarounnCouple 7 weeks ago

Lancashire

"Flooding in Pajara - Flooding in Lanzarote - Flooding in Gran Canaria . . .

'The Canary Islands have had more rain in one day than the entire winter season'. Since the onset of the rains on Friday afternoon, the emergency services have recorded 124 incidents across the islands'

Yea, it was just a bit of a piddle. "

We had a nice coffee and it was gone by the time we had finished shopping.

I guess living on the tops of the Pennines we are just a little more ‘hardy’ and accustomed …… Anyway you do you, happy fabbing x

By *havennaturistsCouple 7 weeks ago

Banff

Beach day yesterday and today in El Cotillo, the bad weather not as widespread as some appear to think.

Beautiful now, out on the terrace, drink in hand, sun blazing down

[Removed by poster at 24/03/24 17:08:48]

Banff

The thing is, it's hardly rained at all here since October.

'124 incidents across the islands'

The 'some' being the Emergency Services.

Can't imagine why!

Banff

As with thundery weather anywhere, one place can stay dry whilst the next village gets inundated.

So. Some areas got seriously flooded, got snow and ice, landslides and wide coastal areas got closed, while others areas just got spitting rain?

Imagine me writing that to start with and others taking issue with it.

By (user no longer on site) OP    7 weeks ago

See the weather has dried up but looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year. Doesn't look very busy out and about

"See the weather has dried up but looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year. Doesn't look very busy out and about"

The recent weather isn't typical - that's not to say it won't rain and feel quite cold at times this time of the year - when the sun is out it can push the temperature up quite dramatically. Busy wise, Easter is in a few days so it will busy-up some.

When we were there in March, one day we had 18 degrees and cloud all day. Next day it was 27.7 and full sun.

Banff

Wow

By *everFullyDressedCouple 7 weeks ago

Belfast

"See the weather has dried up but looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year. Doesn't look very busy out and about"

22+ degrees today on the beach and baking out with high UV. Despite that two ladies walked past wrapped up in puffa jackets with the hoods up….it’s all relative….as some say, weather is a little more unsettled in short spells but it’s generally good and the tan is coming along nicely!

Beach front was very busy today. Where’s this web cam pointing!?

"See the weather has dried up but looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year. Doesn't look very busy out and about

22+ degrees today on the beach and baking out with high UV. Despite that two ladies walked past wrapped up in puffa jackets with the hoods up….it’s all relative….as some say, weather is a little more unsettled in short spells but it’s generally good and the tan is coming along nicely!

Beach front was very busy today. Where’s this web cam pointing!? "

Yumbo at night

By *everFullyDressedCouple 7 weeks ago

Belfast

"looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year.

Where’s this web cam pointing!?

Yumbo at night"

That mostly people dressing up for the night….Mr would rarely go out in the evening in shorts unless the height of the summer heat. Even in calima last year half the people were wearing trousers and most pack a long sleeve top for the evenings….it’s a coastal spot.

As for numbers and not being busy….it was carnival 2 weeks ago and Easter is coming. People just watching the spending I’d say.

"looking at the webcam I came across see people still in long trousers and jackets, is that typical at this time of year.

Yumbo at night

That mostly people dressing up for the night….Mr would rarely go out in the evening in shorts unless the height of the summer heat. Even in calima last year half the people were wearing trousers and most pack a long sleeve top for the evenings….it’s a coastal spot.

As for numbers and not being busy….it was carnival 2 weeks ago and Easter is coming. People just watching the spending I’d say."

Ok hope it's warmer at night in June

Yumbo at night

As for numbers and not being busy….it was carnival 2 weeks ago and Easter is coming. People just watching the spending I’d say.

Ok hope it's warmer at night in June"

It is. Very warm

By *I TwoCouple 7 weeks ago

all around

The Northern part will be cooler than the Southern part of course

» Add a new message to this topic