FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > CALLING ALL EXPATS IN MAR MENOR/COMPOVERDE/ALMERIA AREAS

CALLING ALL EXPATS IN MAR MENOR/COMPOVERDE/ALMERIA AREAS

By *andom2chat OP   Man  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Hi folks,

We are a MM Couple looking to retire early, & hoping to move out to Spain, most likely the Mar Menor area in 2 years time.

I’m hoping to gleam some tips for preparing for the Big Move. So if you have any experiences, good or bad, feel free to drop me a line or message me here.

I’m looking for tips on everything from:

* How did you begin your research to areas you might like? Did it include right down to which “suburb” of your chosen town, or just the council/region which was supportive of expat communities?

* Did you take many belongings with you from the UK? How did you organise the Removers? Were they UK based or Spanish?

* Did you speak any Spanish language before or after moving? How did that impact your move?

* Do you have opinions on your choice of Estate Agent/Lawyer/Currency Exchange Company & The Services they provided?

* Paying into the Spanish Health Service - do you have any experiences, good or bad?

* Changing your driving licence.

* Arranging local tradesmen or utility companies to carry out jobs.

* Have you joined an ExPat type organization locally? Or are you living outwith the urbanisations?

* Are there any pitfalls we should look out for?

Any help & advice folk have will be appreciated.

Maybe even see some of you in 2019.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic