FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Maspalomas Dunes

Maspalomas Dunes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appyguy4413 OP   Man  over a year ago

Christchurch, Dorset, Watford, west London

Hello all... Can anyone update me about access to the dunes at maspalomas. I am a regular there and during March there was lots of talk about closing them off .... as workers where putting in another set of poles from the back right up to the front...

Any info ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The poles are in but not roped off yet. There are signs encouraging you to stay to the marked footpaths but we've seen meerkats lol x

Thank you for the reply I can take up my position as a meerkat in November

Just back today lots of police a activity over last two weeks

By *orsche40Couple  over a year ago

northwich

I suppose that was always going to happen eventually what do we do now x

Heading there in 4 weeks,was hoping to get the mrs into the scene as well,love outdoor fun

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just back today lots of police a activity over last two weeks"

Sometimes this does happen because of people pinching bags, so the police presence is reassuring, they are not normally bothered about the sex thing, as long as people are discrete and there are no complaints.

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

Police on the dunes id guess we still have the mountains lol

Yeah thats a valid reason for being there i suppose,oh anywhere will do us lol

chelmsford

"Yeah thats a valid reason for being there i suppose,oh anywhere will do us lol"

I'm sure you'll have a great time

By *anarian guyMan  over a year ago

Maspalomas

who wants a Canary dick??

chelmsford

"who wants a Canary dick??"

Haha So as you're resident there, can you explain the police presence?

"who wants a Canary dick??"
a canary dick would be bery small lol lucky im hung like a hamster lol

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

I was their in may a lot of talk about bags been pinched that is how police would be their they do not bother about the sex thing as long as it is reasonably discreet good thing for everybody might get rid of some of the local meerkat pests who put people off the dunes might deter them from pestering everybody

chelmsford

"I was their in may a lot of talk about bags been pinched that is how police would be their they do not bother about the sex thing as long as it is reasonably discreet good thing for everybody might get rid of some of the local meerkat pests who put people off the dunes might deter them from pestering everybody"

we saw a bag snatcher once when we were there, a guy gave chase and he dropped the bag, the police were crawling all over the place, after that. It's bad for their tourism if they don't address the problem

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"who wants a Canary dick?? a canary dick would be bery small lol lucky im hung like a hamster lol "

You made me laugh

"who wants a Canary dick?? a canary dick would be bery small lol lucky im hung like a hamster lol

You made me laugh "

so glad to hear that sexy x true story tho lol x

omagh

[Removed by poster at 18/06/19 22:45:13]

omagh

"Yeah thats a valid reason for being there i suppose,oh anywhere will do us lol"

Being from Ireland bog sounds good lol but no chance of that out there lol

"Yeah thats a valid reason for being there i suppose,oh anywhere will do us lol

Being from Ireland bog sounds good lol but no chance of that out there lol"

yeah sand up your hole is better than a sod of turf lol x

there were moving anyone who went inside the roped off areas, plus they would park up when they saw a group of guys and sit there for ages, they were more interested in the old local guys rather than tourists

By *layalongCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

What are they building?

chelmsford

"What are they building? "

They tend to rope off areas where there are protected species of plants, but people still plough through them with no regard, maybe that's why the police are about

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

Dont think they are building anything they are trying to regenerate the dunes they need the shrubs to grow so the sand dunes dnt blow away they will be stopping local pests trampling all over them thats what i was told when i was their in may.

chelmsford

"Dont think they are building anything they are trying to regenerate the dunes they need the shrubs to grow so the sand dunes dnt blow away they will be stopping local pests trampling all over them thats what i was told when i was their in may."

They should try leaving plastic bottles down. That'll get rid of the pests

chelmsford

"They should try leaving plastic bottles down. That'll get rid of the pests "

Not sure that would work

We're just back and police presence was very high last couple of days. Also rangers doing checks on the dunes.

This may be boring but talking to locals we need to be more respectful of their tourist areas and help preserve what is left.

Also the amount of excrement and tissues left in some dunes is not nice. There are toilets dotted along beach. Urinating is passable and I'm guilty of that

"We're just back and police presence was very high last couple of days. Also rangers doing checks on the dunes.

This may be boring but talking to locals we need to be more respectful of their tourist areas and help preserve what is left.

Also the amount of excrement and tissues left in some dunes is not nice. There are toilets dotted along beach. Urinating is passable and I'm guilty of that "

How on earth could you possibly think that urinating in a public place is acceptable? Granted if there are no toilets about and nature calls then needs must and all that jazz. However do you not think that going into the sea is more civil?

chelmsford

"We're just back and police presence was very high last couple of days. Also rangers doing checks on the dunes.

Also the amount of excrement and tissues left in some dunes is not nice. There are toilets dotted along beach. Urinating is passable and I'm guilty of that

How on earth could you possibly think that urinating in a public place is acceptable? Granted if there are no toilets about and nature calls then needs must and all that jazz. However do you not think that going into the sea is more civil?"

Going in the sea is more acceptable however, if you are in the dunes, the sea is a way off. There should be more toilets and especially at the kiosks, where people are spending money and then want to spend a penny

FFS!

So that's why the sand was so yellow!

chelmsford

"FFS!

So that's why the sand was so yellow! "

Haha

How on earth could you possibly think that urinating in a public place is acceptable? Granted if there are no toilets about and nature calls then needs must and all that jazz. However do you not think that going into the sea is more civil?

Going in the sea is more acceptable however, if you are in the dunes, the sea is a way off. There should be more toilets and especially at the kiosks, where people are spending money and then want to spend a penny "

Some of the toilets are absolutely rank, you pay for drinks, sun beds and a umbrella etc an 50c to use the facility and they are awful, no water, no light and smell disgusting.

chelmsford

Going in the sea is more acceptable however, if you are in the dunes, the sea is a way off. There should be more toilets and especially at the kiosks, where people are spending money and then want to spend a penny

Some of the toilets are absolutely rank, you pay for drinks, sun beds and a umbrella etc an 50c to use the facility and they are awful, no water, no light and smell disgusting."

You really would think their tourist office would address this, wouldn't you?

Going in the sea is more acceptable however, if you are in the dunes, the sea is a way off. There should be more toilets and especially at the kiosks, where people are spending money and then want to spend a penny "

I needed to go when walking back to hotel and couldn't wait or it would have been sea or toilet. At least we dries up and sand moves around. I go in areas that are discrete and not walked over. Not like those that just go behind the huts on the beach, even those that have toilets as too tight to pay 50 c.

Some of the toilets are absolutely rank, you pay for drinks, sun beds and a umbrella etc an 50c to use the facility and they are awful, no water, no light and smell disgusting."

We've always found K7 toilets clean and fresh. A lady is there all the time and cleans it straight after it's used. Never used other toilets so can't comment.

If they used the money they spent putting in the poles to provide bin locations AND to collect the rubbish every few days ( which they seemed to have stopped doing over the last 4 years ) then this would help keep the dunes clean... most regulars put rubbish in the bin bags which often they bring down to the dunes themselves.

I needed to go when walking back to hotel and couldn't wait or it would have been sea or toilet. At least we dries up and sand moves around. I go in areas that are discrete and not walked over. Not like those that just go behind the huts on the beach, even those that have toilets as too tight to pay 50 c."

.....Aaahhhh.....woe is us....I remember it like yesterday-what happened?-when a pee just cost 1p

chelmsford

I needed to go when walking back to hotel and couldn't wait or it would have been sea or toilet. At least we dries up and sand moves around. I go in areas that are discrete and not walked over. Not like those that just go behind the huts on the beach, even those that have toilets as too tight to pay 50 c.

.....Aaahhhh.....woe is us....I remember it like yesterday-what happened?-when a pee just cost 1p "

By *oodies4GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Carshalton Beeches

Toilets with Glory Holes would be best to kill two Canary Dicks with one stone!

chelmsford

"Toilets with Glory Holes would be best to kill two Canary Dicks with one stone!"

Haha

I'm in Gran Canaria at the moment...went to the dunes yesterday afternoon and there is a pathway from the lighthouse end that is marked with posts and there are signs on a lot of the posts saying access to the area off the pathway is forbidden. However the signs are very faded and there are footprints all over the dunes so clearly people still access them.

There was a bit of action going on in the middle section (roughly halfway between lighthouse and RIU hotel) but that was the only thing I saw. It was cloudy which I guess may have put some off, though it was still very warm.

I did see a police car drive past at the lighthouse end (where there are clearly some older local guys cruising) but they didn't stop or come into the dunes...just looked like they were doing a bit of a fly-by.

I'm going to be heading there again next week so will update then...

» Add a new message to this topic