FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Spain to go into complete lock down! On BBC news! Statement at 2pm

Spain to go into complete lock down! On BBC news! Statement at 2pm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-m OP   Couple  over a year ago

Carlisle

Spain is bing locked down!! More news at 2pm!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bookmarking this.

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

From El Pais:

Citizens "may only circulate on public roads to carry out the following activities: a) acquisition of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities. b) Assistance to health centers. c) Travel to the workplace to carry out their work, professional or business provision. d) Return to the place of habitual residence. e) Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people. f) Displacement to financial entities. g) Due to force majeure or need. h) Any other activity of an analogous nature duly justified ”. That is, basically no one can move except to go to work, go home, or search for food and medicine.

Any idea for how long?

"Any idea for how long?"

I think that is anyone's guess..at least 15 days.

The order is effective 8am on Monday.

Does “ citizens” imply Spanish nationals and exempt tourists or citizens as in everyone except armed forces personnel?

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

There is no mention of 'citizens' in the decree, it merely states that all journeys are banned as per the previous post...

So that means everyone..

Agde

Don't know if we're allowed to post a link on here, but for the sake of the health of everyone here, I hope it will be permitted...

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-03-14/spanish-cabinet-prohibits-all-journeys-in-spain-apart-from-to-get-to-work-or-purchase-food.html?fbclid=IwAR0pKZAlpfGPetKOAogXlvdP38e31SinpVQTVVAFojPE1lc_9Rv7jN29UzY

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

from 11 tonight until 5 tomorrow morning helicopters will be spraying all area`s

Agde

"from 11 tonight until 5 tomorrow morning helicopters will be spraying all area`s "

Where did you see that please...?

london/Spain

a mate who lives in Coin is friends with the local police chief

"from 11 tonight until 5 tomorrow morning helicopters will be spraying all area`s "

Spraying with what?

london/Spain

all I was told was that helicopters would be spraying from 11 to 5.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"all I was told was that helicopters would be spraying from 11 to 5."

That's a bit scary what are they spraying?

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

No choppers overhead in Benidorm and no information to say this is happening at all

"No choppers overhead in Benidorm and no information to say this is happening at all "

Live in benidorm to, not even heard many sirens but seen the van telling people to stay in

"Spain is bing locked down!! More news at 2pm!! "

This came into effect last night at 12 midnight. Bars closed by police if still open.

Benidorm Spain

Yeah the vans were out quite early last night. One of my mates was sent home from walking their dogs

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Yeah the vans were out quite early last night. One of my mates was sent home from walking their dogs"

Really ? You´re allowed to walk your dog here. Think I might get one just so I can get out and about

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yeah lock down started last night. Just started chatting to a hot german couple then the announcement was made. Basically just stay in hotel for the next 5 days until our flight home.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Spain is bing locked down!! More news at 2pm!!

This came into effect last night at 12 midnight. Bars closed by police if still open. "

The bar and restaurant closure was from midnight Friday.

The national full lockdown is from 8 am tomorrow. However some localities have gone early.

chelmsford

"Yeah lock down started last night. Just started chatting to a hot german couple then the announcement was made. Basically just stay in hotel for the next 5 days until our flight home."

Have you been told to stay in your hotel?

I think in the draft decree the lockdown was from 8am Monday but that changed in the BOE publication last night. Can't see anything in there about Monday, only

El presente real decreto entrará en vigor en el momento de su publicación en el «Boletín Oficial del Estado».

"Spain is bing locked down!! More news at 2pm!!

This came into effect last night at 12 midnight. Bars closed by police if still open.

The bar and restaurant closure was from midnight Friday.

The national full lockdown is from 8 am tomorrow. However some localities have gone early."

My travel operator has said that spain is on 14 day lockdown with immediate effect so started midnight last night

chelmsford

"My travel operator has said that spain is on 14 day lockdown with immediate effect so started midnight last night"

Correct

Which still throws up in the air our holiday because means that they will come out of lockdown the day before we are due to fly, we haven't been told otherwise yet

chelmsford

"Which still throws up in the air our holiday because means that they will come out of lockdown the day before we are due to fly, we haven't been told otherwise yet"

I think it's for a minimum 14 days, don't think anyone knows what will happen after that. I doubt you'll hear much from your travel company, until they know what's happening.

And as someone has also pointed out it wont make ANY difference IF boris decides to lock US down between now and then then flights wont leave here anyway

chelmsford

"And as someone has also pointed out it wont make ANY difference IF boris decides to lock US down between now and then then flights wont leave here anyway"

Yep, lots of uncertainty..

But lockdown isnt including airspace so if the airlines are flying, legally they can still go

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

We got freinds flying ryan air to tenerife early this morning, this is so wrong, not heard if they flew yet.

chelmsford

"But lockdown isnt including airspace so if the airlines are flying, legally they can still go"

I think the idea is to restrict movement of people, to try and reduce the spread of the disease. Why would you want to go on holiday, if the bars, clubs and restaurants may be closed?

It’s a serious issue but for us so far the hotel has provided breakfast and asked us not to leave the hotel grounds. Entertainment and some services cancelled but really not material. TUI now saying we should expect to leave on our scheduled service so that’s a few days of enforced sunbathing

First world problems eh?

chelmsford

"We got freinds flying ryan air to tenerife early this morning, this is so wrong, not heard if they flew yet."

Gosh, I would have thought Tenerife would be on lockdown too, I thought it was all of the canary islands.

chelmsford

"It’s a serious issue but for us so far the hotel has provided breakfast and asked us not to leave the hotel grounds. Entertainment and some services cancelled but really not material. TUI now saying we should expect to leave on our scheduled service so that’s a few days of enforced sunbathing

First world problems eh?"

Not so bad then

By *igdodger13Man  over a year ago

sompting

It’s not total lockdown in hotels, I just asked a local policeman and there is no problem going out for walks etc

chelmsford

"It’s not total lockdown in hotels, I just asked a local policeman and there is no problem going out for walks etc "

Thanks Roger

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

"It’s not total lockdown in hotels, I just asked a local policeman and there is no problem going out for walks etc

Thanks Roger "

You're not allowed to have just a walk on the street!!!

You can only go outside in certain cases (not only supermarkets or pharmacies, also go to the hairdresser or buy the newspaper) and always alone, without company, except for people with mobility problems. If not met, there could be fines

Be aware, because they do fine you....Spain is in state of alarm

chelmsford

"It’s not total lockdown in hotels, I just asked a local policeman and there is no problem going out for walks etc

Thanks Roger

You're not allowed to have just a walk on the street!!!

You can only go outside in certain cases (not only supermarkets or pharmacies, also go to the hairdresser or buy the newspaper) and always alone, without company, except for people with mobility problems. If not met, there could be fines

Be aware, because they do fine you....Spain is in state of alarm "

On the webcams for Gran Canaria, there are people walking around and also on the beach

By *upergirthukMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"It’s not total lockdown in hotels, I just asked a local policeman and there is no problem going out for walks etc "

I've friends out in PDI at the mo that have had Police tell them to stay in their complex.

They closed down Fun4All booting everyone out and threatened the owner with a €20000 fine if he didn't clear the place in 20 mins.

Baggage Handlers are no longer working so the airport is virtually closed.

Good luck and god bless anyone out there. Xxxx

chelmsford

I've friends out in PDI at the mo that have had Police tell them to stay in their complex.

They closed down Fun4All booting everyone out and threatened the owner with a €20000 fine if he didn't clear the place in 20 mins.

Good luck and god bless anyone out there. Xxxx"

Yes good luck everyone still people strolling around at Irish centre, on the webcam

By *ohn and kelly paigntonMan  over a year ago

Paignton

Yes good luck everyone still people strolling around at Irish centre, on the webcam "

What’s the webcam site ?

london/Spain

police are stopping anyone on Fuengirola front and taking there details and sending them home, all the bars and resturantes are closed, all golf coarse`s and gym`s are closed and there`s helicopters and boat`s patrolling.from tomorrow only supermarkets, chemists doctors and banks are allowed to open.

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

No. We went for a walk to the supermarket this morning. Been drinking around the pool.

With all bars and restaurants closed it's pointless going out x

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Altrincham & Portsmouth

"Yeah lock down started last night. Just started chatting to a hot german couple then the announcement was made. Basically just stay in hotel for the next 5 days until our flight home.

Have you been told to stay in your hotel?"

Yes but from tomorrow , we had an announcement via the hotel speaker system around the pool today.

chelmsford

Yes good luck everyone still people strolling around at Irish centre, on the webcam

What’s the webcam site ?"

Webcamtaxi

GOVERNMENT OF SPAIN MINISTRY OF HEALTH CONSUMPTION AND SOCIAL WELFARE Starting today 03/14/2020 the Government Ministry declares: That the territory in Spanish is in a state of alarm, therefore it remains in confinement. This means that without a justification of medical necessity or for work reasons, you will not be able to go out on the public highway. Failure to comply with this obligation will entail fines ranging from € 500 to € 2,000, even a prison sentence could be valued. Therefore we ask all citizens to comply with this confinement, in case of emergencies, remember to call 112. Ministry of Government. Pedro Sanchez.

chelmsford

seems pretty clear, wonder why they're not enforcing it?

They are really starting to enforce it now, our apartments have lots of police out on force now. The car park has 6 police cars and they are now out pulling people a side. The fines will start very soon. Or worse the army will be on the streets

By *andm1Couple  over a year ago

Towcester

Will the taxi’s still be running tomorrow to get people to the airport?

chelmsford

"They are really starting to enforce it now, our apartments have lots of police out on force now. The car park has 6 police cars and they are now out pulling people a side. The fines will start very soon. Or worse the army will be on the streets "

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Any idea for how long?"
I heard bars and restaurants closed till end April

chelmsford

"Will the taxi’s still be running tomorrow to get people to the airport? "

Hopefully, they're running around today

"Will the taxi’s still be running tomorrow to get people to the airport? "

Yes x

chelmsford

"Any idea for how long?I heard bars and restaurants closed till end April "

Gosh. The locals are saying 15 days.

"Any idea for how long?I heard bars and restaurants closed till end April "

As it stand now 15 days, but it can be longer

chelmsford

"Any idea for how long?I heard bars and restaurants closed till end April

As it stand now 15 days, but it can be longer "

Not sure if you're following the news here, but the government are intending to advise people over 70 and those who are vulnerable, to self isolate for 4 months!! That will affect holiday destinations too, nightmare!

By *ickeyandmouseCouple  over a year ago

nr Alicante

Just got back to Alicante from UK, but seems like skin of our teeth. A flight attendant saying could be last Ryanair flight till end of crisis.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Just got back to Alicante from UK, but seems like skin of our teeth. A flight attendant saying could be last Ryanair flight till end of crisis."

Welcome back you two.

The last couple of days have been crazy here. I'm going stir crazy already.

We are supposed to fly back to Germany a week tomorrow but we are with Lauda Motion (which is part of Ryanair) at the moment we think it is 50/50 whether we fly or not.

nr Alicante

"Just got back to Alicante from UK, but seems like skin of our teeth. A flight attendant saying could be last Ryanair flight till end of crisis.

Welcome back you two.

We are supposed to fly back to Germany a week tomorrow but we are with Lauda Motion (which is part of Ryanair) at the moment we think it is 50/50 whether we fly or not."

Hi G/A. Just heard Germany has closed its borders, although can’t apply to you. Good luck with any plans.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Just got back to Alicante from UK, but seems like skin of our teeth. A flight attendant saying could be last Ryanair flight till end of crisis."

Just for interest. How many were on the flight?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Just got back to Alicante from UK, but seems like skin of our teeth. A flight attendant saying could be last Ryanair flight till end of crisis.

Welcome back you two.

We are supposed to fly back to Germany a week tomorrow but we are with Lauda Motion (which is part of Ryanair) at the moment we think it is 50/50 whether we fly or not.

Hi G/A. Just heard Germany has closed its borders, although can’t apply to you. Good luck with any plans."

Yes we've been watching the German news.

Crazy is that they have closed the border with France but not Luxembourg.

Bigger problem for us, if we decide to drive back, is that from tomorrow we wouldn't be allowed on the Spanish roads so we wouldn't even get to France.

By *atriandjoeCouple  over a year ago

Spain and Bristol

The situation now is like in Italy, so every citizen must stay at home except some exceptions.

Everybody here in Spain is following the instructions from the Government, including locals, inmigrants and tourists of any nationality.

Everybody following??? We just saw on TV today that lots of British tourists refuse to stay at their hotels, are drinking in the streets and have some confrontations with the police

Why always the same?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The situation now is like in Italy, so every citizen must stay at home except some exceptions.

Everybody here in Spain is following the instructions from the Government, including locals, inmigrants and tourists of any nationality.

Everybody following??? We just saw on TV today that lots of British tourists refuse to stay at their hotels, are drinking in the streets and have some confrontations with the police

Why always the same? "

Sadly a few pillocks give us all a bad name.

chelmsford

"The situation now is like in Italy, so every citizen must stay at home except some exceptions.

Why always the same? "

Disgraceful!

Costa Blanca Spain...

Welcome back you two.

We are supposed to fly back to Germany a week tomorrow but we are with Lauda Motion (which is part of Ryanair) at the moment we think it is 50/50 whether we fly or not."

Not 50/50 any more. We've just had an email telling us it's been cancelled.

Looks like we are stuck here for the duration.

nr Alicante

Just for interest. How many were on the flight?"

Well it was much less than half full, difficult to have a guess at the number, but you can picture the plane

Benidorm Spain

As it stands no bars, restaurants etc will open for at least the 15 day period which began midnight Friday.

You can walk your dog but only round the block. My friend has now been stopped twice so no going out for a leisurely stroll

You can get to work if necessary, banks, supermarkets, pharmacies and doctors but other than that you will be fined if caught outside without good reason

By *ebsandkevCouple  over a year ago

Crowborough

EasyJet emergency evacuation Planes start arriving Tuesday in gran Canaria

By *igdodger13Man  over a year ago

sompting

"EasyJet emergency evacuation Planes start arriving Tuesday in gran Canaria "

Are they sending out emails to people do you now

Crowborough

Yes emails go out thay cancel your flight then you go on site and rebook a emergency flight home

By *ylollipopCouple  over a year ago

romsey

"Yes emails go out thay cancel your flight then you go on site and rebook a emergency flight home "

Has anyone received an email from EasyJet yet?

Looks like our flight is still going to Gatwick on wed 18th

Crowborough

Email will go out in morning

Crowborough

Easyjet flights up to change we changed to Wednesday done at 1am

Spain infection rate increased rapidly, hope Our UK citizens get back home safely.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Sounds like it’s safer to stay at home right now

Xxxx

Crowborough

Easyjet flying planes out empty just getting us home no tourist coming out to at least the 29th March Spain lockdown to then

Spain and Bristol

"Sounds like it’s safer to stay at home right now

Xxxx"

Yes, this is what we do. As time killer Patricia got now her satisfyer vibrator.

By the way, long time no see, since Maspalomas time ago

Benidorm Spain

I’ve been out this morning to collect wages and get some shopping and it does look like people are following instructions. It’s so eerie though.

They have now said insurance won’t cover drivers during the lockdown I hear so, and I think roadworks and such are about to stop. I haven’t heard this officially so may not be 100% true.

There was a cyclist fined here yesterday though and someone on my facebook said their friends son was fined today as had no valid reason for being out so the police will not tolerate anyone not following the rules

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I’ve been out this morning to collect wages and get some shopping and it does look like people are following instructions. It’s so eerie though.

They have now said insurance won’t cover drivers during the lockdown I hear so, and I think roadworks and such are about to stop. I haven’t heard this officially so may not be 100% true.

There was a cyclist fined here yesterday though and someone on my facebook said their friends son was fined today as had no valid reason for being out so the police will not tolerate anyone not following the rules "

Interesting one about the car insurance. I can't see it being true though.

For example people are allowed to go food shopping and to the pharmacy Etc. If car insurance was to be voided then many people would even be able to do that.

If we don't get cancelled again we are due to fly on Thursday evening and drive to the airport. Hopefully the paperwork for the flight will be enough justification if we get stopped.

Spain and Bristol

"I’ve been out this morning to collect wages and get some shopping and it does look like people are following instructions. It’s so eerie though.

There was a cyclist fined here yesterday though and someone on my facebook said their friends son was fined today as had no valid reason for being out so the police will not tolerate anyone not following the rules "

Yes, everybody quite disciplined and following the rules

Cyclists or runners or just walking without any reason yes, fined

For the car insurance comment, nobody can believe that, specially when a rumour not showing reliable source

Benidorm Spain

As I said I wasn’t able to verify it but have just seen a post on N-332 Facebook page that it is incorrect. Made me wonder but thought it worth mentioning. I came in to confirm it was untrue

Yesterday was quite lax but today we’ve had people brought to Abora Catarina from other hotels which are closing. Pool is now closed and being asked to stay in rooms. Staff are patrolling to encourage that

chelmsford

"Yesterday was quite lax but today we’ve had people brought to Abora Catarina from other hotels which are closing. Pool is now closed and being asked to stay in rooms. Staff are patrolling to encourage that "

Very serious, obviously the right thing to do, in the circumstances...

» Add a new message to this topic