FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Covid update canary islands

Covid update canary islands

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebbie tv OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

westmeath

A reporter on radio now. 729 deaths in islands. Only supermarkets and pharmacies open. No walking no swimming. Can only go to nearest shop. Total lockdown. Roads checkpoints. The head of tourism Hope's they can open in July for national tourist. Hotels locked and chained small few opened for health care workers rest locked and chained. So sad to hear

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well someone should tell the radio they are talking shit! 878 cases and 27 dead that’s for all the islands.

60% of the cases are in Tenerife

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Very sad to read that.

I think the whole of Spain will be in lockdown for a few months yet.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Very sad to read that.

I think the whole of Spain will be in lockdown for a few months yet."

I think it will be the same here before long. We have to stay in for 3 weeks, vulnerable and elderly for 12 weeks. I feel this will be extended

By *lexgrancanariaMan  over a year ago

SPAIN - Playa del ingles

Good morning, to this day the situation of the Canary Islands with respect to the coronavirus is as follows, in Tenerife the number of affected is 409 cases and on the island of Gran Canaria 171. Although it continues to increase but does not arrive in any way to the cases that exist in Madrid or Barcelona, ??hopefully all this horror will end soon

27 dead

chelmsford

"Good morning, to this day the situation of the Canary Islands with respect to the coronavirus is as follows, in Tenerife the number of affected is 409 cases and on the island of Gran Canaria 171. Although it continues to increase but does not arrive in any way to the cases that exist in Madrid or Barcelona, ??hopefully all this horror will end soon

27 dead"

Best wishes to you all and good luck, I think we're in for the long haul, until they get a vaccine.

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Good morning, to this day the situation of the Canary Islands with respect to the coronavirus is as follows, in Tenerife the number of affected is 409 cases and on the island of Gran Canaria 171. Although it continues to increase but does not arrive in any way to the cases that exist in Madrid or Barcelona, ??hopefully all this horror will end soon

27 dead

Best wishes to you all and good luck, I think we're in for the long haul, until they get a vaccine."

I echo that to all people lets be careful out there. Im in murcia region which from yesterdays reports is quite low on victims so far. Best wishes to everyone.

chelmsford

27 dead

Best wishes to you all and good luck, I think we're in for the long haul, until they get a vaccine.

I echo that to all people lets be careful out there. Im in murcia region which from yesterdays reports is quite low on victims so far. Best wishes to everyone."

I sincerely hope it stays that way for you.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

I think, we think, you think......none of us know so its pointless expressing 'opinions'. How about we go a day at a time?.......that's what life is.

People just get panicked, frightened and depressed by the doom mongers, we'll just wait and see what happens.

Hope everybody, everywhere stays safe.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I’m suprised our shop is still open

I’m knackered with running about after everyone now

I need a break

chelmsford

"I think, we think, you think......none of us know so its pointless expressing 'opinions'. How about we go a day at a time?.......that's what life is.

People just get panicked, frightened and depressed by the doom mongers, we'll just wait and see what happens.

Hope everybody, everywhere stays safe."

We're all entitled to express our thoughts....

chelmsford

"I’m suprised our shop is still open

I’m knackered with running about after everyone now

I need a break"

Bless you.xxx

There has been no new cases in GC for 2 days now. The data breakdown has just been sent out.

Tenerife looks bad but!

By *arnsleyduoCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Hopefully gc has managed to contain it. And things start to level off for them really soon.

However they still need to stay isolated and not have tourist flights arriving anytime soon.

Us in the uk have yet to see the peak of this virus yet but we are all hoping it comes soon.

As a very front line worker its really scary, you are worried you maybe fetching something home that could change your family forever.

Hopefully we can all stay safe and follow the guidelines and get through this.

Our heart goes out to all our friends in the canaries and in the uk.

We will get through this by having common sense and determination.

Stay safe and all the best to everyone xxx

chelmsford

"There has been no new cases in GC for 2 days now. The data breakdown has just been sent out.

Tenerife looks bad but! "

That's great news!

chelmsford

"Hopefully gc has managed to contain it. And things start to level off for them really soon.

However they still need to stay isolated and not have tourist flights arriving anytime soon.

Us in the uk have yet to see the peak of this virus yet but we are all hoping it comes soon.

As a very front line worker its really scary, you are worried you maybe fetching something home that could change your family forever.

Hopefully we can all stay safe and follow the guidelines and get through this.

Our heart goes out to all our friends in the canaries and in the uk.

We will get through this by having common sense and determination.

Stay safe and all the best to everyone xxx"

All the very best to you too x

We have friends in Gran Canaria and their restrictions are a lot stricter than the UK. PDI are in a complete lockdown and all hotels are shutdown. They have sent videos of the streets and airport and it's not what we remember. We will certainly be back to our 2nd home when this nightmare is over. Best wishes to our friends out there, living in an area that thrives on tourism we feel for you xxx

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Looks like our holiday in July will be cancelled

By *unlovinCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We are booked to fly out early May, no cancellation yet from jet 2 but I hope they do , just don’t fancy travelling to any country yet .

By *erekdebMan  over a year ago

meath

"We are booked to fly out early May, no cancellation yet from jet 2 but I hope they do , just don’t fancy travelling to any country yet . "
we will be lucky if we get to GC in October. I cant see it open for the summer

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"we will be lucky if we get to GC in October. I cant see it open for the summer"

We need to read how to cancel EasyJet flight. As we think the same.

Banff

We're in El Cotillo, Fuertevntura. Had a choice of returning to UK home or staying here. Feel so much safer here. Far fewer virus cases to start, plenty of everything in the shops, no queuing, beautiful weather to enjoy the outdoor space we have.

Yes, the lockdown is quite severe and the Guardia Civil are not to be messed with, but if a lockdown is what's required, the attitude here is much better than we hear it is in UK from nurse practitioner daughter on the front line.

Banff

Further to last posting and underlining enforcement of staying at home, just seen a person arrested by 4 Guardia Civil officers using two cars on Piedra Playa. The person tried to run away but they came in from both ends of the beach and cornered them. The person had been paddling in the sea with not another soul in sight.

Still no word from Travel republic or Ryanair as to our travel arrangements for 2nd May,our first time in PDI.Travel republic have cancelled all holidays up until 30 April no idea what will happen after that but after speaking to a friend in PDI telling us on Mon 23rd that everything is closed and very tight restrictions with no good prospect for the near future its not looking good. All we can do is take care of each other & look to the future xx

meath

"Still no word from Travel republic or Ryanair as to our travel arrangements for 2nd May,our first time in PDI.Travel republic have cancelled all holidays up until 30 April no idea what will happen after that but after speaking to a friend in PDI telling us on Mon 23rd that everything is closed and very tight restrictions with no good prospect for the near future its not looking good. All we can do is take care of each other & look to the future xx "

meath

"Still no word from Travel republic or Ryanair as to our travel arrangements for 2nd May,our first time in PDI.Travel republic have cancelled all holidays up until 30 April no idea what will happen after that but after speaking to a friend in PDI telling us on Mon 23rd that everything is closed and very tight restrictions with no good prospect for the near future its not looking good. All we can do is take care of each other & look to the future xx "

chelmsford

I think most companies are doing it on a month by month basis, so hopefully you will hear soon

meath

Wait till the airlines cancel. They will offer a refund or re booking. They will not fly until all restrictions are well lifted. For anyone looking what it's like look at FB under GC posted this morning all beaches not a soul in sight

Stay safe all

chelmsford

"Wait till the airlines cancel. They will offer a refund or re booking. They will not fly until all restrictions are well lifted. For anyone looking what it's like look at FB under GC posted this morning all beaches not a soul in sight

Stay safe all"

"Wait till the airlines cancel. They will offer a refund or re booking. They will not fly until all restrictions are well lifted. For anyone looking what it's like look at FB under GC posted this morning all beaches not a soul in sight

Stay safe all"

Webcam taxi, have cameras all around the world if you type in playa del ingles , there’s 5 cameras showing the beaches , shopping centres etc , all deserted,

chelmsford

Stay safe all

Webcam taxi, have cameras all around the world if you type in playa del ingles , there’s 5 cameras showing the beaches , shopping centres etc , all deserted, "

I'm still looking at them, not sure what I'm expecting to see, it's just sheer desolation.

rotherham

We’re the same

Think it’s holidays blues and a strong feeling of wanting to be there

Xx

chelmsford

"We’re the same

Think it’s holidays blues and a strong feeling of wanting to be there

Xx"

Yes, we will get back there at some point xx

meath

If I survive this extended period of time to be spend in GC.

I watch them all the time , not sure why , it’s so sad , I go to the same apartments twice a year , so got to know the staff , one cleaner Maria , is like my mother , when I’m there she looks after me , bakes me cakes , looked after me when I was ill once , always take her gifts when I go over there , now I’m really worried for her , I just hope there all safe and have money for food etc

chelmsford

"I watch them all the time , not sure why , it’s so sad , I go to the same apartments twice a year , so got to know the staff , one cleaner Maria , is like my mother , when I’m there she looks after me , bakes me cakes , looked after me when I was ill once , always take her gifts when I go over there , now I’m really worried for her , I just hope there all safe and have money for food etc "

Me too, I'm going to stop looking at them now. Maria sounds lovely and I'm sure you will see her again. She will have family, no doubt,who will look after her. Are the apartments in PDI?

Yeh, Las Gacalas the rainbow coloured apartment by the Red cow

chelmsford

"Yeh, Las Gacalas the rainbow coloured apartment by the Red cow "

Oh yes, walked by there many times, that's really central there. We stay in the Don Miguel when we go. We prefer self catering and package holiday, for protection, but TUI do very few central SC apartments.

By *roovytwoCouple  over a year ago

burnley

"We're in El Cotillo, Fuertevntura. Had a choice of returning to UK home or staying here. Feel so much safer here. Far fewer virus cases to start, plenty of everything in the shops, no queuing, beautiful weather to enjoy the outdoor space we have.

Yes, the lockdown is quite severe and the Guardia Civil are not to be messed with, but if a lockdown is what's required, the attitude here is much better than we hear it is in UK from nurse practitioner daughter on the front line."

We were due to go out to Fuerteventura next week. We are both front line health care workers so we would have done what our ethics and consionses told us to do and stayed in the UK to treat and support others.We spoke about if,in theory,we were able to stay in Fuerteventura would we ,in preference to the UK? Pros and Cons to either option.

Banff

We hope people in the UK afford you the respect you both deserve by practising the suggested social distancing guidelines.

Stay well. We hope you are able to be back in Fuerte sooner rather than later.

burnley

"We hope people in the UK afford you the respect you both deserve by practising the suggested social distancing guidelines.

Stay well. We hope you are able to be back in Fuerte sooner rather than later."

The public/ patients we are coming in contact with have been incredibly understanding and sensible....there have been the odd exceptions

We are hoping to get back sometime in July but who knows what may happen between now and then.Understand Fuerteventura in lockdown till mid April at the moment and then the situation will be reassessed but even if safe we doubt that us UK citizens would be allowed to enter bearing in mind how far we are through the cycle.

chelmsford

"We hope people in the UK afford you the respect you both deserve by practising the suggested social distancing guidelines.

Stay well. We hope you are able to be back in Fuerte sooner rather than later.

The public/ patients we are coming in contact with have been incredibly understanding and sensible....there have been the odd exceptions

We are hoping to get back sometime in July but who knows what may happen between now and then.Understand Fuerteventura in lockdown till mid April at the moment and then the situation will be reassessed but even if safe we doubt that us UK citizens would be allowed to enter bearing in mind how far we are through the cycle."

You deserve a lovely holiday, thanks for all you do!

By *haddy234Man  over a year ago

chadderton

we arrived in Fuerteventura on the 13th March. Only went out for one meal on the 14th then everything shutdown. Ryanair cancelled our flight home on the 23rd then rebooked us to the 2nd April only to cancel again 24 hrs later. Kept telling us they were/are arranging return flights but nothing has happened. Managed to get home via Lanzarote flight to Gatwick then drove home to Manchester.

Lockdown in Fuerteventura was very well controlled.

Will be back to support the island when this is all over

Banff

There was a Fuerte to Gatwick Easyjet flight yesterday. Some friends of ours were on it. Easyjet were still taking bookings for that flight late yesterday morning at 159.99Euros.

As the poster above said, the lockdown here is being very well controlled.

No pain, no gain?

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

Just on the Spanish news, another new announcement, we stay in quarantaine till the end of April

chelmsford

"Just on the Spanish news, another new announcement, we stay in quarantaine till the end of April "

Oh dear I would think it will be the same here and beyond...hopefully it will be helpful though, definitely less people about, so everyone is helping to save lives

burnley

Thanks for the support, much appreciated

Just part of our jobs...but we are all stepping up to the plate in our own ways.

All doing our best will help us reduce the inevitable impact that will affect us all either directly or indirectly.

Stay safe and glass always half full

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 31/03/20 00:18:32]

chelmsford

"Thanks for the support, much appreciated

Just part of our jobs...but we are all stepping up to the plate in our own ways.

All doing our best will help us reduce the inevitable impact that will affect us all either directly or indirectly.

Stay safe and glass always half full "

Well said

meath

Update from a hotel manager to a friend. Some hotels have closed for three months in playa del ingles not opening before 1st July. Guess it's there quiet season too.

"Update from a hotel manager to a friend. Some hotels have closed for three months in playa del ingles not opening before 1st July. Guess it's there quiet season too."

Nooooooooooo, I was going in June

"Update from a hotel manager to a friend. Some hotels have closed for three months in playa del ingles not opening before 1st July. Guess it's there quiet season too.

Nooooooooooo, I was going in June "

Don’t listen to him. No one really know what’s going on. We can take a guess but it’s BS about the hotels.

Some hotels are still open most have closed and have been closed a few weeks the last anyone was told the hotels were to open in May.

Right now no one has a clue if it don’t come from the government it’s not true

Realistically we think we won’t get the chance to get back to PDI until October 2020. Hopefully all the great bars and clubs can ride the storm and welcome us all back later this year. Hang on in there people, we will be back as soon as we can.

As GC is included in Spain's fight against covid-19 and the daily death toll in Spain(as a whole) is still increasing, it is not unreasonable to expect restrictions to remain in place. This won't stop overnight and suddenly life return to normal? Of course no one knows anything for a fact.....but there is enough evidence to have an informed opinion on the likelihood on how much/little time it will take for things to start to return to anything like normality. The government will only drip feed information/decisions for a number of reasons but I personally would doubt the recent extension of restrictions will be the last. Tragic

chelmsford

"As GC is included in Spain's fight against covid-19 and the daily death toll in Spain(as a whole) is still increasing, it is not unreasonable to expect restrictions to remain in place. This won't stop overnight and suddenly life return to normal? Of course no one knows anything for a fact.....but there is enough evidence to have an informed opinion on the likelihood on how much/little time it will take for things to start to return to anything like normality. The government will only drip feed information/decisions for a number of reasons but I personally would doubt the recent extension of restrictions will be the last. Tragic "

I agree, it's the same here...

By *eedsnoiseMan  over a year ago

York/Leeds/Harrogate

"Update from a hotel manager to a friend. Some hotels have closed for three months in playa del ingles not opening before 1st July. Guess it's there quiet season too.

Nooooooooooo, I was going in June "

Was supposed to be there now for four days of walking and fun

By *urreyguy34Man  over a year ago

Weybridge

Such a said situation, I hope everyone on the islands are doing well, I’m booked for Tenerife in September.... I think that will be touch and go still at that time! Stay safe

Banff

Don’t listen to him. No one really know what’s going on. We can take a guess but it’s BS about the hotels.

Some hotels are still open most have closed and have been closed a few weeks the last anyone was told the hotels were to open in May.

Right now no one has a clue if it don’t come from the government it’s not true "

Hear, hear, from Fuerteventura!

950 dead in Spain, in the last 24 hours, listen to that

By *ncubus1976Man  over a year ago

Fuerteventura/Gran Canaria

Hi all.

Third week of lockdown and I wish you all are healthy and safe. These are difficult days for everyone all around the world. So sad about the news. So sad about all that people infected and even more about people who passed away. Always in our memories. Together we shall overcome. It’s hard to see the present situation, but I’m sure we will enjoy the island again. We will be back to enjoy the wonderful beaches soon. The atmosphere we find at every corner of the island. We will meet out there as we usually did. When this nightmare ends we will be back stronger, with more energy and more joy. Meanwhile…

Stay safe. Still naughty. Stay sexy. Stay at home.

We shall overcome.

Kisses from Fuerteventura

Banff

No fatalities as yet in Fuerteventura and only one new virus diagnosis in last 72 hours.

By *ncubus1976Man  over a year ago

Fuerteventura/Gran Canaria

"No fatalities as yet in Fuerteventura and only one new virus diagnosis in last 72 hours. "

That's right.... doing pretty well round here....

There is nothing but good news coming out of the islands just now. So we will see what happens over the next week or so!

By *ereus3Couple  over a year ago

Dundalk

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 12:28:18]

Right now no one has a clue if it don’t come from the government it’s not true "

Not much point having the canaries all clear when all the tourists coming in are from infected countries. Our holiday in may is hopefully going to be rearranged for October or January and thats not a certainty.

Stay safe

Not much point having the canaries all clear when all the tourists coming in are from infected countries. Our holiday in may is hopefully going to be rearranged for October or January and thats not a certainty.

Stay safe"

We've tried saying just that but been shot down, some just don't want to accept the obvious.... we lost our honeymoon and honestly don't see the point in rebooking for October, as there is a genuine doubt that things will be back to anything like normal by then? We are discussing a longer visit, possibly for this time next year. We aren't spreading doom and gloom, we are being realistic.....and we hope ALL the bars and Clubs we love in GC survive

Stay safe

We've tried saying just that but been shot down, some just don't want to accept the obvious.... we lost our honeymoon and honestly don't see the point in rebooking for October, as there is a genuine doubt that things will be back to anything like normal by then? We are discussing a longer visit, possibly for this time next year. We aren't spreading doom and gloom, we are being realistic.....and we hope ALL the bars and Clubs we love in GC survive "

We will look at it in a couple of months and make a decision about when to rebook, the way covid is spreading we will be lucky to get any annual leave this year

Sorry you lost your honeymoon

Stay safe

We've tried saying just that but been shot down, some just don't want to accept the obvious.... we lost our honeymoon and honestly don't see the point in rebooking for October, as there is a genuine doubt that things will be back to anything like normal by then? We are discussing a longer visit, possibly for this time next year. We aren't spreading doom and gloom, we are being realistic.....and we hope ALL the bars and Clubs we love in GC survive

We will look at it in a couple of months and make a decision about when to rebook, the way covid is spreading we will be lucky to get any annual leave this year

Sorry you lost your honeymoon "

We feel we were lucky, we still had our wedding, which was fantastic....really feel for those that can't even have that, after so much planning

https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/sanidad/otras-21-personas-reciben-el-alta-en-canarias-XX8981725

As I’ve been saying all long. Hopefully the fab experts go away now.

"https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/sanidad/otras-21-personas-reciben-el-alta-en-canarias-XX8981725

As I’ve been saying all long. Hopefully the fab experts go away now. "

As a non expert, which countries, that are still rife with Covid-19, will GC permit entry from? and, as airlines aren't flying, how do you think they will get there? GC is lumped in with Spain, with over 900 deaths again, in the last 24 hours.

Brilliant that GC is doing great but the residents of GC don't drive the economy, the tourists do.

I really don't understand what part of it that you don't get?? Read the posts, no one is coming April/May/June/July/August......it's tragic but it's the truth!

chelmsford

Stay safe"

Quite right, the Canaries may clear soon, but the UK won't, so we can't book holidays anytime soon.

chelmsford

"https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/sanidad/otras-21-personas-reciben-el-alta-en-canarias-XX8981725

As a non expert, which countries, that are still rife with Covid-19, will GC permit entry from? and, as airlines aren't flying, how do you think they will get there? GC is lumped in with Spain, with over 900 deaths again, in the last 24 hours.

Brilliant that GC is doing great but the residents of GC don't drive the economy, the tourists do.

I really don't understand what part of it that you don't get?? Read the posts, no one is coming April/May/June/July/August......it's tragic but it's the truth!"

By *inda and TerryCouple  over a year ago

london/Spain

I really don't understand what part of it that you don't get?? Read the posts, no one is coming April/May/June/July/August......it's tragic but it's the truth!

"

Anyone who thinks there is going to be anyone out here this summer is deluded and has there head in the sand.

Anyone who thinks there is going to be anyone out here this summer is deluded and has there head in the sand.

"

Sadly we agree but jets hope that by next October / November we can go back

I really don't understand what part of it that you don't get?? Read the posts, no one is coming April/May/June/July/August......it's tragic but it's the truth!"

No one is coming? OK again that’s your opinion and that’s not a fact. I’m not sure you understand at all. People will still come on holiday. But there again what do I know, you’re the expert.....

By *ill67Man  over a year ago

alloa

well am booked to come to the island in October hopefully will be OK to travel

Just hope will can all get through this pandemic stay safe and strong kind regards joe

london/Spain

No one is coming? OK again that’s your opinion and that’s not a fact. I’m not sure you understand at all. People will still come on holiday. But there again what do I know, you’re the expert....."

No i`m not an Expert but the facts speak for themselves, strict lockdown for 3 weeks now and still nearly 1000 people dying in the last 24 hours, airlines, closed down, football season talking about starting up again June/July May be all major sporting events cancelled though out the summer.

chelmsford

It's all Spanish to me what does it say please

No one is coming? OK again that’s your opinion and that’s not a fact. I’m not sure you understand at all. People will still come on holiday. But there again what do I know, you’re the expert....."

What are the facts? What date does GC reopen? What date can anyone book a flight to GC for....that's all I'm saying. As a business owner in GC, you can only hope but you're ignoring the very people who would normally be travelling to GC and aren't. True?

chelmsford

No one is coming? OK again that’s your opinion and that’s not a fact. I’m not sure you understand at all. People will still come on holiday. But there again what do I know, you’re the expert.....

What are the facts? What date does GC reopen? What date can anyone book a flight to GC for....that's all I'm saying. As a business owner in GC, you can only hope but you're ignoring the very people who would normally be travelling to GC and aren't. True?"

we are all hoping to get back, maybe later in the year, who knows....nobody...I'm sure none of the islands want anyone going over and passing the virus on to them. Medical experts here are saying it could be at least 3 months before we may see a reduction in some of the restrictions.

Stop, medical experts have said they are removing some of the lockdown this month. That’s in the link I posted. That’s a fact now. So stop saying 3 months

chelmsford

"Stop, medical experts have said they are removing some of the lockdown this month. That’s in the link I posted. That’s a fact now. So stop saying 3 months "

It was in Spanish, sorry, I couldn't read it So are you talking about removing some of the lockdown in GC or in the UK?

GC

chelmsford

"GC "

That's great news, but it's different in the Uk. As I said, having just watched it on tv, they are saying it could 3 months before they start lifting some of the restrictions in the Uk, that's July..So it's unlikely we can travel to you before then...It will be great for you all if they lift the restrictions.

I’m keeping out posting on this from now on. I’m going with what the experts are saying.

Also sorry the people that come our bar is 20% locals 75% tourist and 5% fab.

So enjoy enjoy yourselves when you do if you come.

Banff

"I’m keeping out posting on this from now on. I’m going with what the experts are saying.

So enjoy enjoy yourselves when you do if you come. "

And more power to your elbow, sir! Similar feelings in Fuerteventura atm.

Google translate is such a useful tool and so easy to use.

Good luck xx

chelmsford

"I’m keeping out posting on this from now on. I’m going with what the experts are saying.

Thank you,hoping to book when they lift all restrictions, so we can travel again. At the moment our airport is closed ufn. I'm glad for you that they are lifting restrictions for you and look forward to the same happening here

"Stop, medical experts have said they are removing some of the lockdown this month. That’s in the link I posted. That’s a fact now. So stop saying 3 months "

GC may remove some of the lockdown but look at the data from the rest of Europe where most of the holidaymakers come from. It will be months before things get back to anything resembling normality. We are still a couple of weeks away from our peak, hospitals are preparing for an onslaught, our ICU has gone from 10 beds to 30 with lots of extra staff being draughted in and trained for whatever comes our way.

and the experts, in the article you used to support your assertions, did not mention tourism at all. It must be awful, having only opened your Bar a month before this hit but hopefully the 20% of locals will return

chelmsford

"Stop, medical experts have said they are removing some of the lockdown this month. That’s in the link I posted. That’s a fact now. So stop saying 3 months

GC may remove some of the lockdown but look at the data from the rest of Europe where most of the holidaymakers come from. It will be months before things get back to anything resembling normality. We are still a couple of weeks away from our peak, hospitals are preparing for an onslaught, our ICU has gone from 10 beds to 30 with lots of extra staff being draughted in and trained for whatever comes our way. "

exactly this.

chelmsford

and the experts, in the article you used to support your assertions, did not mention tourism at all. It must be awful, having only opened your Bar a month before this hit but hopefully the 20% of locals will return "

Let's hope so, difficult times for all of us.

chelmsford

And more power to your elbow, sir! Similar feelings in Fuerteventura atm.

Google translate is such a useful tool and so easy to use.

Good luck xx"

Yes it is, but I'm gathering this is not talking about our situation in the Uk, which I was trying to establish, so albeit, canary islands may be lifting restrictions, great news, they certainly aren't here, any time soon.

Costa Blanca Spain...

I'm no expert either but here are a few facts. Very sad ones but true.

1. Over 90% of tourists to the Canary's travel by air.

2. Ryanair (which includes Lauda Motion from Germany) are grounded until at least the end of May. Others Jet 2, Easyjet Etc. Are similar.

3. Even if (and it's a big IF) they get going again in early June, it will probably take the best part of a month to get up and running to full capacity.

4. To sum up the above. Unless they are strong swimmers no tourists will be in the Canary's in April or May.

Now for the opinion bit.

There could be a trickle in June (but I doubt it) and while things could get going again for July and August (again doubtful) the numbers will be considerably down from what would be expected in a normal season.

The virus itself is only a part of the picture. All over Europe people are being laid off from their jobs and holidays will be quite low on their priority list when this shit is over.

I know you have a business on the island and your optimism is to be applauded. However we have many friends on the mainland who are in the same situation but the vast majority of them have pretty much accepted that 2020 is, to all intents and purposes, a write off.

The one advantage you have on the Canary's is that you will probably get a winter season. They won't.

chelmsford

I'm no expert either but here are a few facts. Very sad ones but true.

1. Over 90% of tourists to the Canary's travel by air.

2. Ryanair (which includes Lauda Motion from Germany) are grounded until at least the end of May. Others Jet 2, Easyjet Etc. Are similar.

3. Even if (and it's a big IF) they get going again in early June, it will probably take the best part of a month to get up and running to full capacity.

4. To sum up the above. Unless they are strong swimmers no tourists will be in the Canary's in April or May.

Now for the opinion bit.

There could be a trickle in June (but I doubt it) and while things could get going again for July and August (again doubtful) the numbers will be considerably down from what would be expected in a normal season.

The virus itself is only a part of the picture. All over Europe people are being laid off from their jobs and holidays will be quite low on their priority list when this shit is over.

I know you have a business on the island and your optimism is to be applauded. However we have many friends on the mainland who are in the same situation but the vast majority of them have pretty much accepted that 2020 is, to all intents and purposes, a write off.

The one advantage you have on the Canary's is that you will probably get a winter season. They won't. "

Great post! This virus won't have gone away in the next few months, any one of us can catch it and be asymptomatic. If we travel to GC, we could be taking the virus there and the cycle starts again...

By *osexyCouple  over a year ago

ST AUSTELL

Until there is a vaccine travelling is on hold .

chelmsford

Does anyone know when they are likely to open the hotels in GC?

chelmsford

"Until there is a vaccine travelling is on hold . "

It has to be doesn't it?

Looks like you are in complete denial. You don’t have to be an expect to understand how long this lock down is going to be. Even when it is over, people would have lost their savings, businesses, jobs, income and more importantly, loved ones.

Even down to the macro levels - would hotels even have enough food to stock their kitchens - harvests will be missed as lock down continues.

You don’t have to be an expert to actually see what is going on throughout the world. You would be fairly dim if you didn’t.

chelmsford

Looks like you are in complete denial. You don’t have to be an expect to understand how long this lock down is going to be. Even when it is over, people would have lost their savings, businesses, jobs, income and more importantly, loved ones.

Even down to the macro levels - would hotels even have enough food to stock their kitchens - harvests will be missed as lock down continues.

You don’t have to be an expert to actually see what is going on throughout the world. You would be fairly dim if you didn’t."

Yes very hard times for many people, now and ahead. I think some have to get their heads out of the sand. But I do feel sorry for businesses everywhere. Not many of us are untouched by this.

By *ebsandkevCouple  over a year ago

Crowborough

"Does anyone know when they are likely to open the hotels in GC?"

The hotels in GC are closed to end of may that's what thay have been told by government but as things are changing hour to hour this may or will change

chelmsford

"Does anyone know when they are likely to open the hotels in GC?

The hotels in GC are closed to end of may that's what thay have been told by government but as things are changing hour to hour this may or will change "

Thank you. I doubt they'll open until we can all travel again, no point

Crowborough

"Does anyone know when they are likely to open the hotels in GC?

The hotels in GC are closed to end of may that's what thay have been told by government but as things are changing hour to hour this may or will change

Thank you. I doubt they'll open until we can all travel again, no point "

chelmsford

Our figures are rising again, 708 deaths in UK in 24 hours, total deaths now 4313..

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

I can understand all opinions & doubts, we had planned our 11th anniversary party club mystique on June 6th but we have to stay realistic and have to pick another date...

Just confirmed that the lockdown is extended till the 26th of April. But even after we are not shore.

Even when this lockdown is over it's not going to be "business as usual" at that same moment.

I believe it's going to start first with opening opening shops and only later all the restaurants & bars....if...there are going to be restrictions for a couple of months.

We prepare for the worst.....

Take care & stay safe all of you

chelmsford

"I can understand all opinions & doubts, we had planned our 11th anniversary party club mystique on June 6th but we have to stay realistic and have to pick another date...

Just confirmed that the lockdown is extended till the 26th of April. But even after we are not shore.

Even when this lockdown is over it's not going to be "business as usual" at that same moment.

I believe it's going to start first with opening opening shops and only later all the restaurants & bars....if...there are going to be restrictions for a couple of months.

We prepare for the worst.....

Take care & stay safe all of you"

We haven't peaked here yet, people can't understand why we're so pessimistic about our holidays.As someone said, they can't just start the planes up, there's a lot more involved than that. Some are struggling financially to live, let alone book holidays at the moment, so it won't be a great year for any of us. I hope things pick up for you soon

Take good care xx

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Uk, govt say lock down for 3 months unless the virus peak drops when it ever starts, govt will lift some restrictions, and if ppl dont follow govt advise harder retrictions will be put in place,

No country will allow flights till there is no threat of spreading the virus.

chelmsford

"Uk, govt say lock down for 3 months unless the virus peak drops when it ever starts, govt will lift some restrictions, and if ppl dont follow govt advise harder retrictions will be put in place,

No country will allow flights till there is no threat of spreading the virus."

It will be interesting to see the impact of the 3 week lockdown. You're right about the flights

At least there was a slight drop in the number of deaths reported in Spain

chelmsford

"At least there was a slight drop in the number of deaths reported in Spain "

That's good news!

Canarian officials looking at opening 10% of hotels in July, for domestic stays only. Earliest for the rest, to reopen for tourism, September.....and that's a fact. Think the important word there is earliest!!

chelmsford

"Canarian officials looking at opening 10% of hotels in July, for domestic stays only. Earliest for the rest, to reopen for tourism, September.....and that's a fact. Think the important word there is earliest!!"

October then for us tourists?

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"Canarian officials looking at opening 10% of hotels in July, for domestic stays only. Earliest for the rest, to reopen for tourism, September.....and that's a fact. Think the important word there is earliest!!"

And the source of your "fact" is?

I only ask about your "fact"because ive heard another "fact' thats different to your "fact".

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Here is the local paper website so to say

https://thecanarynews.com/2020/04/04/could-canary-islands-be-through-the-worst-of-covid-19-already/

But dont forget. Its is what is happening where you live and where you are going to

chelmsford

"Here is the local paper website so to say

https://thecanarynews.com/2020/04/04/could-canary-islands-be-through-the-worst-of-covid-19-already/

But dont forget. Its is what is happening where you live and where you are going to"

Yes that is very good news for them but yes they rely on tourists getting out there again to get back to any sense of normality, but glad things are getting better for them.

Banff

People can't even get facts straight about Fuerteventura here in Fuerteventura!

One thing is sure, we will be free of this virus before most people. Active virus cases decreasing by the day. No deaths.

A lot to be said for enforcing the lock down. People tend not to argue with armoured cars and gun carrying police!

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Is perfectly right that the islands may well come out if this sooner than the mainland, but as an island Government would you want any risk of bringing the virus back ?

Also there maybe hotels, restaurants and bars..but with no visitors who will they be there to serve?

No need to open if no tourists

"Is perfectly right that the islands may well come out if this sooner than the mainland, but as an island Government would you want any risk of bringing the virus back ?

Also there maybe hotels, restaurants and bars..but with no visitors who will they be there to serve?

No need to open if no tourists "

From reading many articles, it appears likely the state of emergency will be extended BUT there will be some relaxation of restrictions. No specific mention of tourism but likely 10% of hotels allowed to reopen, in July, for domestic purposes only ie only residents of the Canaries and a tentative hope that tourism may commence September but this is the most speculative of all thinking, as it is totally dependent on infection rates in other countries and whether airlines are flying by then. GC and the Canaries as a whole, will not return to normal anytime soon. Will those in denial come back to admit they were wrong? If I am proved wrong, I will, happily....but I doubt they will

Gwent

"Canarian officials looking at opening 10% of hotels in July, for domestic stays only. Earliest for the rest, to reopen for tourism, September.....and that's a fact. Think the important word there is earliest!!

October then for us tourists? "

Thats ok if its ok to fly from uk

chelmsford

"Canarian officials looking at opening 10% of hotels in July, for domestic stays only. Earliest for the rest, to reopen for tourism, September.....and that's a fact. Think the important word there is earliest!!

October then for us tourists?

Thats ok if its ok to fly from uk"

Of course

"Well someone should tell the radio they are talking shit! 878 cases and 27 dead that’s for all the islands.

60% of the cases are in Tenerife "

london/Spain

Jet2 not flying till 17th June at the earliest

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Well someone should tell the radio they are talking shit! 878 cases and 27 dead that’s for all the islands.

60% of the cases are in Tenerife "

As of 9pm on 5th April the numbers for the Canary Islands are:

Total infections 1649.

Hospitalised. 133.

Deaths. 85.

https://www.theleader.info/guides/living-in-spain/a-complete-guide-to-coronavirus-covid19/coronavirus-latest-known-cases-in-spain-actual-statistics/

"Jet2 not flying till 17th June at the earliest "

Perhaps the penny will finally start to drop for some of the contributors to the forums...the key words are "at the earliest". In my non expert opinion, I believe that's optimistic, so all the optimists, keep believing

london/Spain

"Jet2 not flying till 17th June at the earliest

Perhaps the penny will finally start to drop for some of the contributors to the forums...the key words are "at the earliest". In my non expert opinion, I believe that's optimistic, so all the optimists, keep believing "

Totally agree i have been saying for weeks in my OPINION and the same as you i`m not an EXPERT but this summer will be a right off, it`s alright people saying well there`s only a few died here and the spread`s not that bad but its the rest of the world that everyone has to take into account, Spain might be virus free in 2 months but if its still rife in the UK and other parts of Europe you dont want thou`s people coming here.

chelmsford

Perhaps the penny will finally start to drop for some of the contributors to the forums...the key words are "at the earliest". In my non expert opinion, I believe that's optimistic, so all the optimists, keep believing "

True...

chelmsford

Perhaps the penny will finally start to drop for some of the contributors to the forums...the key words are "at the earliest". In my non expert opinion, I believe that's optimistic, so all the optimists, keep believing

Totally agree i have been saying for weeks in my OPINION and the same as you i`m not an EXPERT but this summer will be a right off, it`s alright people saying well there`s only a few died here and the spread`s not that bad but its the rest of the world that everyone has to take into account, Spain might be virus free in 2 months but if its still rife in the UK and other parts of Europe you dont want thou`s people coming here."

Totally agree

By *un4fun23456Man  over a year ago

ennis

Totally agree i have been saying for weeks in my OPINION and the same as you i`m not an EXPERT but this summer will be a right off, it`s alright people saying well there`s only a few died here and the spread`s not that bad but its the rest of the world that everyone has to take into account, Spain might be virus free in 2 months but if its still rife in the UK and other parts of Europe you dont want thou`s people coming here.

Totally agree "

Canary Islands will become very popular for vacations from july on its easy to control access for them just my opinion

Crowborough

[Removed by poster at 07/04/20 14:07:59]

Crowborough

Being optimistic is all we have NO one knows then this will be over not even the people in charge.Some people on hear need to go get some more hapay pills

Just my opinion

Totally agree

Canary Islands will become very popular for vacations from july on its easy to control access for them just my opinion"

How exactly do they control access? Please explain....no social distancing on a plane, will it rely on a questionnaire "do you have covid-19?" There is no instant test, so no way of knowing who is carrying it. How can you even believe that they can control access and prevent reinfection? When it reopens for tourism, it will likely be for domestic tourism only, they will not let people in from countries that still have high infection rates and anyway, the airlines won't fly, until numbers make it economical to do so. In my non expert opinion, of course...

ennis

Totally agree

Canary Islands will become very popular for vacations from july on its easy to control access for them just my opinion

How exactly do they control access? Please explain....no social distancing on a plane, will it rely on a questionnaire "do you have covid-19?" There is no instant test, so no way of knowing who is carrying it. How can you even believe that they can control access and prevent reinfection? When it reopens for tourism, it will likely be for domestic tourism only, they will not let people in from countries that still have high infection rates and anyway, the airlines won't fly, until numbers make it economical to do so. In my non expert opinion, of course..."

only allowing flights in from countries who have controlled the infections number one and i did say from July on

In my email I received it says we have taken the decision to recommence our flight and holiday program on June 17th

Totally agree

How exactly do they control access? Please explain....no social distancing on a plane, will it rely on a questionnaire "do you have covid-19?" There is no instant test, so no way of knowing who is carrying it. How can you even believe that they can control access and prevent reinfection? When it reopens for tourism, it will likely be for domestic tourism only, they will not let people in from countries that still have high infection rates and anyway, the airlines won't fly, until numbers make it economical to do so. In my non expert opinion, of course...

only allowing flights in from countries who have controlled the infections number one and i did say from July on "

Ohhhhhh it's that easy, never thought of that, everything's going to be fine and dandy then

Totally agree

only allowing flights in from countries who have controlled the infections number one and i did say from July on

Ohhhhhh it's that easy, never thought of that, everything's going to be fine and dandy then "

OK so going by all the experts on here no GC for 2 year's when it's fully under control, by then they won't be any tourist trade left there. Back to holidays in the uk then just like the 50s?

HI-DE-HI campers lol

By *atrineTV/TS  over a year ago

foxrock

Supposed to be going to fuerteventura in June, looks like it might no happen now ????

"HI-DE-HI campers lol "

HO-DE-HO

we're optimistic enough to look at booking for next April. Even if October/November does happen, we're not taking the risk, as the world won't be rid of the virus by then, so highly likely a second lockdown could occur, if it reappears on the Island(why wouldn't it?) 2020 to be remembered for all the wrong reasons when we should be looking back at memories of our wedding and honeymoon(that never was)

ennis

Totally agree

Ohhhhhh it's that easy, never thought of that, everything's going to be fine and dandy then "

yes it easy

chelmsford

You only have to have one person carrying the virus, on a plane and going into another country and you're back to square one.

"You only have to have one person carrying the virus, on a plane and going into another country and you're back to square one."

But they'll control who goes, didn't you read the messsges above?? Common sense might agree with your observations but those in the know, know, obviously

We'll all wake up and find this was just a horrible dream and everyone can get on a plane and go on their summer holiday, like nothing ever happened. It's all a conspiracy, I'm telling you, they're watching us, from inside our televisions. Will the David Icke supporters club, please come to the front of the queue, you're all on the first flight....

chelmsford

"You only have to have one person carrying the virus, on a plane and going into another country and you're back to square one.

But they'll control who goes, didn't you read the messsges above?? Common sense might agree with your observations but those in the know, know, obviously

We'll all wake up and find this was just a horrible dream and everyone can get on a plane and go on their summer holiday, like nothing ever happened. It's all a conspiracy, I'm telling you, they're watching us, from inside our televisions. Will the David Icke supporters club, please come to the front of the queue, you're all on the first flight...."

OK, may be missing the point here (wouldn’t be the first time ) But why is it such a drama for many that they miss a holiday this year? It’ seems like a life or death predicament. Yes a total pain but there’s always 2021, 2022....

As long as everyone isn’t out of pocket.

chelmsford

"OK, may be missing the point here (wouldn’t be the first time ) But why is it such a drama for many that they miss a holiday this year? It’ seems like a life or death predicament. Yes a total pain but there’s always 2021, 2022....

As long as everyone isn’t out of pocket."

I agree, we've already changed ours to July 2021

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

"OK, may be missing the point here (wouldn’t be the first time ) But why is it such a drama for many that they miss a holiday this year? It’ seems like a life or death predicament. Yes a total pain but there’s always 2021, 2022....

As long as everyone isn’t out of pocket."

But it isn't just holidaymakers. What about all those whose main home is in the Canaries but they can't get back there?

As long as everyone isn’t out of pocket.

But it isn't just holidaymakers. What about all those whose main home is in the Canaries but they can't get back there? "

Then that is a real issue.

By *wiprRightForMeMan  over a year ago

spain

Hi can I ask where you got the information about when the Hotels are likely to open for tourism in Spain/Canaries, I have a friend who is looking to book a holiday and cant exactly quote this information off this site but the original source/news feed would be helpful. Many Thanks

Gwent

Have to say reading the thread ppl worrying about going to GC, yes we love it there, but would'nt want to risk our life fore it, we are booked for Oct, will probably move it to next yr if not safe by july and give things time to mend its self, UK is'nt that bad with the right weather i know,

Some one say thing about happy pills (needed soon) lol.

chelmsford

"Have to say reading the thread ppl worrying about going to GC, yes we love it there, but would'nt want to risk our life fore it, we are booked for Oct, will probably move it to next yr if not safe by july and give things time to mend its self, UK is'nt that bad with the right weather i know,

Some one say thing about happy pills (needed soon) lol. "

love

We wouldn't risk any travel anywhere, until we get this under control

We hope to visit the Island in November to give support but won't book anything until last minute, we're hoping holiday etc prices are not over inflated to compensate for lost income. If we don't make it then we'll definitely be there for 3 weeks winter sunshine end of January xxx

Have the experts predicting a return to normal by April/May gone very quiet all of a sudden??

chelmsford

"Have the experts predicting a return to normal by April/May gone very quiet all of a sudden??"

Banff

The virus figures in Tenerife will prolong the lockdown in the Canary Islands. Only 18 active cases in Fuerte now, 3 of which are hospitalized.

chelmsford

"The virus figures in Tenerife will prolong the lockdown in the Canary Islands. Only 18 active cases in Fuerte now, 3 of which are hospitalized."

That's great, however no one from UK will be travelling to the canaries, unfortunately, any time soon.

Banff

"The virus figures in Tenerife will prolong the lockdown in the Canary Islands. Only 18 active cases in Fuerte now, 3 of which are hospitalized.

That's great, however no one from UK will be travelling to the canaries, unfortunately, any time soon."

No, but at least some will get to the beach again. Longest time we haven't been to any beach for 20 years.

chelmsford

"The virus figures in Tenerife will prolong the lockdown in the Canary Islands. Only 18 active cases in Fuerte now, 3 of which are hospitalized.

That's great, however no one from UK will be travelling to the canaries, unfortunately, any time soon.

No, but at least some will get to the beach again. Longest time we haven't been to any beach for 20 years. "

Let's hope so

Airlines have been told to start booking slots and gearing up to restart 17th June. It's takes time to reset airports and traffic control so must have notice. Looking good.

chelmsford

"Airlines have been told to start booking slots and gearing up to restart 17th June. It's takes time to reset airports and traffic control so must have notice. Looking good. "

Gosh really? Where have you read that please?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Airlines have been told to start booking slots and gearing up to restart 17th June. It's takes time to reset airports and traffic control so must have notice. Looking good.

Gosh really? Where have you read that please?"

Told to start? I doubt it and would love to know the source.

The only time I've seen that date mentioned is from Jet 2 who have said that it is a "possible earliest" date they will resume flights.

Possible and earliest being the operative words.

Try their websites

If you go on Google and type jet2 it's full of stories about restarting on the 17th June so it's not me saying it? ???

By *ifi and dunkieCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"If you go on Google and type jet2 it's full of stories about restarting on the 17th June so it's not me saying it? ???"

Hoping by 17th June to have 98 aircraft in the air yes...but they may get pushed back depending on government and the other countries restrictions on foreign travel. I've heard also some countries are only doing domestic flights for locals and only opening hotels for people from there country.

Crossing fingers its all good to go by then xx

chelmsford

"If you go on Google and type jet2 it's full of stories about restarting on the 17th June so it's not me saying it? ???

Hoping by 17th June to have 98 aircraft in the air yes...but they may get pushed back depending on government and the other countries restrictions on foreign travel. I've heard also some countries are only doing domestic flights for locals and only opening hotels for people from there country.

Crossing fingers its all good to go by then xx "

Thank you again for clarification

Ryanair also back up on 17th June need some sun

rotherham

Us too but can’t see that happening anytime soon to be honest

Costa Blanca Spain...

Yes both Ryanair and Jet 2 are hoping to be up and running on 17th June.

However, where they fly to and from will depend on the travel restrictions that may or may not be still in force.

If Spain still has an international travel ban in force then it doesn't matter what the airlines want. There won't be any flights.

There will probably be some flights to some destinations then, but there is no guarantee (in fact it's unlikely) that they will be from the UK to the Canaries.

chelmsford

"Yes both Ryanair and Jet 2 are hoping to be up and running on 17th June.

However, where they fly to and from will depend on the travel restrictions that may or may not be still in force.

If Spain still has an international travel ban in force then it doesn't matter what the airlines want. There won't be any flights.

There will probably be some flights to some destinations then, but there is no guarantee (in fact it's unlikely) that they will be from the UK to the Canaries."

Yes very true, unfortunately how are you getting on where you are?

Costa Blanca Spain...

There will probably be some flights to some destinations then, but there is no guarantee (in fact it's unlikely) that they will be from the UK to the Canaries.

Yes very true, unfortunately how are you getting on where you are? "

We are in Germany at the moment and compared to other places it is quite relaxed. There are lots of restrictions but I wouldn't call it full lockdown.

We would normally drive down to Spain in mid May then return to Germany late June. Stopping at Cap d'Agde for a couple of weeks on the way.

We are now thinking that it will be July, at the very earliest, before we would be allowed to drive on the French and Spanish motorways. But deep down I think it will be more likely August or even September.

We will just have to wait and hope.

chelmsford

Yes very true, unfortunately how are you getting on where you are?

We are in Germany at the moment and compared to other places it is quite relaxed. There are lots of restrictions but I wouldn't call it full lockdown.

We would normally drive down to Spain in mid May then return to Germany late June. Stopping at Cap d'Agde for a couple of weeks on the way.

We are now thinking that it will be July, at the very earliest, before we would be allowed to drive on the French and Spanish motorways. But deep down I think it will be more likely August or even September.

We will just have to wait and hope."

I see your death rate is a lot lower than many countries, thank goodness, you're obviously doing something better than us. I hope you get away, but like you, I doubt it will be May.

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

There was a piece in one of the papers about an interview with the minister responsibility for tourism, Reyes Maroto, to the effect that they expect to start with domestic tourists first, then those who can drive from Portugal and France (when the borders open) and finally international tourists flying in.

The other comment was that social distancing will remain in force for some time. So crowded fiestas, restaurants/bars, beaches, etc. are not going to be allowed.....

Costa Blanca Spain...

"There was a piece in one of the papers about an interview with the minister responsibility for tourism, Reyes Maroto, to the effect that they expect to start with domestic tourists first, then those who can drive from Portugal and France (when the borders open) and finally international tourists flying in.

The other comment was that social distancing will remain in force for some time. So crowded fiestas, restaurants/bars, beaches, etc. are not going to be allowed..... "

And I think swinger clubs will be on that list as well.

Finally people are getting the message, that this won't end overnight, we'll just have to stick it out and see what's left of PDI, once this nightmare ends. At least a modicum of realism has taken over in most of the posts.

The return to any sense of normality, will be phased and different parts of the World will move at different speeds. All the planes won't take off on one day, in a return to normal flight schedules but hopefully things will happen as soon as it's sensible to ease restrictions.

chelmsford

"Finally people are getting the message, that this won't end overnight, we'll just have to stick it out and see what's left of PDI, once this nightmare ends. At least a modicum of realism has taken over in most of the posts.

The return to any sense of normality, will be phased and different parts of the World will move at different speeds. All the planes won't take off on one day, in a return to normal flight schedules but hopefully things will happen as soon as it's sensible to ease restrictions. "

Yes let's hope so

"Finally people are getting the message, that this won't end overnight, we'll just have to stick it out and see what's left of PDI, once this nightmare ends. At least a modicum of realism has taken over in most of the posts.

The return to any sense of normality, will be phased and different parts of the World will move at different speeds. All the planes won't take off on one day, in a return to normal flight schedules but hopefully things will happen as soon as it's sensible to ease restrictions. "

Absolutely right. There could be restrictions of varying degrees until a vaccine is developed due to the ease at which c19 spreads, not a nice thought but it will be a long road to resume normal activity.

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"Have the experts predicting a return to normal by April/May gone very quiet all of a sudden??"

Have they hell!

They are still alive and kicking.....they are just masquerading as non experts.