FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Stories and Fantasies > Slower build ups, set the scene

Slower build ups, set the scene

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else think it's a shame when what seems like a very promising, slow build up, descends straight into the action within a single sentence?

Personally i think setting the scene is a bit of an art. Too long and it gets boring, too short and it's just smut. I wonder if there's a rule of thumb for a good story such as 20% setting the scene, 70% action and 10% winding down.

When a story starts "oh my god it was Sandra from the pub, she recognised me so i fucked her" it seems a little unrealistic. Far better to describe the awkwardness, hesitation, temptation, loss of control, the first move, gradually inching into the action, rather than jumping in feet first into what feels like an empty pool.

Am i over thinking this or do some stories just lose other readers in the first paragraph too?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilk and all things niceTV/TS  over a year ago

secret bunker

I’m with you

By *astersubMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

I think I try to do that with my stories but then I get people saying things like “when does the babysitter come in?” Or “ what happened to this person” etc. Lol

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I think I try to do that with my stories but then I get people saying things like “when does the babysitter come in?” Or “ what happened to this person” etc. Lol"

Lol

» Add a new message to this topic