FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > BBW or not

BBW or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What size is a BBW????

Just something we have always pondered.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

peoples views on this vary widely like our hips but i personally would say size 18-28 is BBW and the size 30 up is SSBBW but you will find some that will class a size 14 and up a BBW

By *pl- capdagdeCouple  over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

16 I'd guess anything much over would be BFW

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"16 I'd guess anything much over would be BFW"

So only people sized 16 are bbw's?

Cap d agde,France

"16 I'd guess anything much over would be BFW

So only people sized 16 are bbw's? "

In my OP which I'm entitled to anything over a 16 is a BBW yes.. Never expected someone on the the large side to straight away jump on the defensive in this thread eh ?

sorry curiosity has got the better of me

BFW?

evesham

In my OP which I'm entitled to anything over a 16 is a BBW yes.. Never expected someone on the the large side to straight away jump on the defensive in this thread eh ? "

Who said I was being defensive, merely asking for clarification as you original post read as if you were only a bbw at size 16, anything bigger was a BFW, which I am guessing the f stands for fat.

Never expected anyone to start bashing the fatties so quickly eh??

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

when your dress goes pop

By *epburn69Woman  over a year ago

aberdeen

"BFW" is someone trying to be offensive again towards, the very popular majority of women.Why cant people be respectful,you can be smaller in size and be not a very nice person.The operator just asked a question,cant you answer it properly .If you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all, it just shows you up to be a very shallow individual.

Can we not just understand people that all women are beautiful in someones eye, ffs, not everyone needs a label now do they! I don't want to be classed as a bbw, bfw how bloody nasty and worse still ssbbw, now that is cruel IMHO

If u want a particular size that's fine but some people can see beyond the flesh, unless it's the flash on my super sized fat arse and it's blocking out ur light

Enough already with the bbw crap it just means a woman is big and likes herself for what she is

aberdeen

In my OP which I'm entitled to anything over a 16 is a BBW yes.. Never expected someone on the the large side to straight away jump on the defensive in this thread eh ?

Who said I was being defensive, merely asking for clarification as you original post read as if you were only a bbw at size 16, anything bigger was a BFW, which I am guessing the f stands for fat.

Never expected anyone to start bashing the fatties so quickly eh?? "

Well said,I am fed up off narrowminded people putting others down.

"Can we not just understand people that all women are beautiful in someones eye, ffs, not everyone needs a label now do they! I don't want to be classed as a bbw, bfw how bloody nasty and worse still ssbbw, now that is cruel IMHO

If u want a particular size that's fine but some people can see beyond the flesh, unless it's the flash on my super sized fat arse and it's blocking out ur light

Enough already with the bbw crap it just means a woman is big and likes herself for what she is "

its all subjective and personal choice when i was a size 30 i was fine calling myself an SSBBW its just a term that makes it simple for those that like or dislike to find or avoid accordingly its that simple in my eyes but then i'm a simpleton really

get used to the threads they have been going on since the site started and will always happen as new people join everyday

i had a phase where i tore my hair out and rolled my eyes everytime i saw one then i went through phase 2 where i refused to post on them now i just try and informatively post and try not to bite when someone tries to get all contentious although i do fail occasionally as i'm only human well almost

"Can we not just understand people that all women are beautiful in someones eye, ffs, not everyone needs a label now do they! I don't want to be classed as a bbw, bfw how bloody nasty and worse still ssbbw, now that is cruel IMHO

Enough already with the bbw crap it just means a woman is big and likes herself for what she is "

maybe your label can just be boobs then

Feel free to place ur labels where u like!

I have no problem with the threads about anything and don't assume that as my profile says I been here a short while I was here a long time ago too and went

I just don't think any one person, size, shape, gender, intelligence or any other word u can come up with should be judged better or worse than any other. We r the same coming in to this life and all the same leaving.

As said in many other threads, live and let live and be happy with ur world.

Be nice people

And yes I have humongous bosoms and I love them

"Feel free to place ur labels where u like!

I have no problem with the threads about anything and don't assume that as my profile says I been here a short while I was here a long time ago too and went

I just don't think any one person, size, shape, gender, intelligence or any other word u can come up with should be judged better or worse than any other. We r the same coming in to this life and all the same leaving.

Be nice people

And yes I have humongous bosoms and I love them "

ok chill ya clogs treacle wasn't assuming anything was just saying

"Feel free to place ur labels where u like!

Be nice people

And yes I have humongous bosoms and I love them

ok chill ya clogs treacle wasn't assuming anything was just saying "

My treacle is chilled my dear

Oh and its more honey than treacle

On all these bbw threads it just seems there are many people who cant bare the thought of a woman being big, fat, bbw call it what you like and actually being comfortable and happy with themselves, as if any of us with a bmi above the normal range should hang our heads in shame. Size 16-18 here and dont call myself anything, dont need to because I am happy as I am

Nicely put pink x

anyone thought that maybe just maybe the op just wondered if they would be classed as BBW and should they pop it on the profile as it is a great way for those that are looking for such women to find them and those that aren't to avoid them?

it really doesn't have to decend into an eye rolling competition was just a simple question

op if this is the case i would say not hun your of an average body size from your pics not in the BBW size range in my opinion and a fabulous body it is hunny keep on just as you are

people make too much of a big deal about labels in my opinion they make life so much easier when in place can't think of anything worse than taking a can home thinking ya got peaches n once ya open it finding its beans

nowt wrong with size sexy

"anyone thought that maybe just maybe the op just wondered if they would be classed as BBW and should they pop it on the profile as it is a great way for those that are looking for such women to find them and those that aren't to avoid them?

it really doesn't have to decend into an eye rolling competition was just a simple question

op if this is the case i would say not hun your of an average body size from your pics not in the BBW size range in my opinion and a fabulous body it is hunny keep on just as you are

people make too much of a big deal about labels in my opinion they make life so much easier when in place can't think of anything worse than taking a can home thinking ya got peaches n once ya open it finding its beans "

Nicely said

I'd prefer the beans btw ...so long as they are Asda smart price xx

If peopl want to portray their size accurately why not put their dress size on their profile, surely that would give a more accurate indication seens as in various views bbw seems to range from anything from a 14 upwards

for me, bbw isnt a dress size its a shape... there are some size 14 women who are bbw's and some size 18 women who arent...

I agree with the "classification" of larger girls being wrong, why should we be labelled as something when all other body shapes seem to be tolerated without any stigma attached to them, I'm a larger girl for my size, I'm 5"3 and size 16-18 and have been called everything from "fat" to " stunning". It dosent really matter what anyone else thinks as long as the person is happy with their size and shape, which I am, but if anyone else wants to call me a heifer or something ( which has happened) my answer would be 'bovvered!'

I used to be a size 20-22 up until August last year when between March a then I lost 4 stone, which took me down to a size 12/14 depending on what i was buying. Have put 2 stone on this year and not v happy with myself cos my clothes dont fit. Some of the guys on my friends list like bbw (i didnt like myself last year) but am happier now but still going to lose the 2 stone. My profile starts with the words "curvy size 14 here" Curves are in!!

"anyone thought that maybe just maybe the op just wondered if they would be classed as BBW and should they pop it on the profile as it is a great way for those that are looking for such women to find them and those that aren't to avoid them?

people make too much of a big deal about labels in my opinion they make life so much easier when in place can't think of anything worse than taking a can home thinking ya got peaches n once ya open it finding its beans

Nicely said

I'd prefer the beans btw ...so long as they are Asda smart price xx"

ah i knew it a bean girl

well if someone cant tell what i look like from my photos they need to go spec saver

Cap d agde,France

Never expected anyone to start bashing the fatties so quickly eh?? "

I made the comment I did because this thread turned exactly into what I thought it would ..

Over sized women jumping of their soap box and trying to defend the way they are to other people just like every other thread started about BBW's.

If your really happy with yourself shouldn't matter what other people say,but obviously it does to many of you. I have oohing against size be what you want to be its your life... Just proves a point ...

These threads have been done and then done again... Boring !!!

Over sized pmsl I love that one xxx

this has been discussed many times, so I thought I just google it!

wikipedia says: "Big Beautiful Woman" (commonly abbreviated as BBW) is an acronym most frequently used in the context of, affirmation of or sexual attraction to overweight or obese women.The terms "Big Beautiful Women" and "BBW" were coined by Carole Shaw in 1979, when she launched BBW Magazine, a fashion and lifestyle magazine for "plus-size" women.

The term is a subjective, visually determined concept that does not have an explicit lower or upper weight limitation, and may denote women who may be considered barely overweight to those who are morbidly obese. A 2009 study found that male fat admirers preferred females that were clinically overweight and rated both overweight and obese women more positively than slighter individuals. "

So I guess when it comes to dress size, anything 14 + would be considered BBW, because that's about where overweight would start?

Ladies i love you all!! I mean love ya!! But honestly girls and guys why this debate all the time? It's something that cannot be quantified! For example in the media a size 12 is big but it's major skinny to me! In my eyes if your not size 16 plus your to skinny for me! But again it's personal preference people! I am going start a debate what is a bbm!! Love ya all girls xx

evesham

I made the comment I did because this thread turned exactly into what I thought it would ..

Over sized women jumping of their soap box and trying to defend the way they are to other people just like every other thread started about BBW's.

If your really happy with yourself shouldn't matter what other people say,but obviously it does to many of you. I have oohing against size be what you want to be its your life... Just proves a point ...

These threads have been done and then done again... Boring !!!"

take a look through the forums ad see how many threads and posts are made about slim women and how many of them turn into bash the skinny threads....i bet you find like 5

now do the same for bbw threads

discussing the origin of a worldwide term is not getting on your soap box. having an open conversation about what size a bbw is is not getting on a soapbox....its having a grown up conversation.

i will admit some ladies do get defensive but with some of the comments that have come before on these threads they may simply be trying to cut people off at the pass in an attempt to difuse the swathes of negativity that seem to surface on these threads

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

i am a bbw and not ashamed of it i even post my dress size on my profile as someone suggested so if someone thinks im too big they know from the off im a 24 now and loving it when i joined this site i was a ssbbw according to some at a size 30 but now the weight is coming off because im happy and confident again in life. I would say in the uk a size 16 + is the starting point for a BBW but as it has been said in the past if your 5'3" and a size 20 you carry it very differently to someone who is 5'10" so its all personal preference as to if you choose to label yourself. I label myself on a site like this so that bbw fans can find me as i know some guys dont like the extra wobbly bits.

Does a week ever go by without someone posting about bbws tho?

At the end of the day you cannot put it down to dress sizes as height comes into it too. Someone can be a size 18 and 6ft tall and not look big because her height makes her look more in proportion whereas someone could be a size 16 and 5ft and look larger than the woman who was a size 18. I just find all the oh once your past this certain dress size your automatically classed as a BBW.

"i am a bbw and not ashamed of it i even post my dress size on my profile as someone suggested so if someone thinks im too big they know from the off im a 24 now and loving it when i joined this site i was a ssbbw according to some at a size 30 but now the weight is coming off because im happy and confident again in life. I would say in the uk a size 16 + is the starting point for a BBW but as it has been said in the past if your 5'3" and a size 20 you carry it very differently to someone who is 5'10" so its all personal preference as to if you choose to label yourself. I label myself on a site like this so that bbw fans can find me as i know some guys dont like the extra wobbly bits.

Does a week ever go by without someone posting about bbws tho?"

Oops i basically said what you just said about the height bit, never noticed it in your post sorry!

Wow .. another one on size

What is the fixation of it on here

Does it really matter if someone is a size 8 or 28 ...

Now hand me a box of chocolates and some crips

Jeez here we go again......brew anyone.....tedious threads ,and yes im a bbw and yes im doin something about it but fgs can we.talk about something else cos this as been done to death.....maybe if peeps look beyond a dress.size........

Cap d agde,France

These threads have been done and then done again... Boring !!!

take a look through the forums ad see how many threads and posts are made about slim women and how many of them turn into bash the skinny threads....i bet you find like 5

now do the same for bbw threads

discussing the origin of a worldwide term is not getting on your soap box. having an open conversation about what size a bbw is is not getting on a soapbox....its having a grown up conversation.

i will admit some ladies do get defensive but with some of the comments that have come before on these threads they may simply be trying to cut people off at the pass in an attempt to difuse the swathes of negativity that seem to surface on these threads"

Much of this is the society we live in today !!

Being Fat is seen as being unhealthy,and fact is most over weight people are unhealthy..

Like it or not we live in times where people enjoy eating healhy,exercising and looking good.

End of the day people will be what they want to be its their life,if they choose to eat shit and get diabetes etc why should I care.

But don't jump down people's throats as soon as a debate is brought up where they maybe te topic

there's no need to get all defensive here. The OP just asked a question. I can understand it as it's a common term used on here and I'm sure they just want to understand if a BBW would be within their preference or not.

Forum Mod

Is this the BBC thread?

No? sorry wrong thread,im sure theres one around here somewhere

evesham

why is it when people express opinions or question peoples post its assumed they are jumpin down their throats....how do your conversations go in real life? are you continually arguing with people or is it all yes dear no dear in your house haha

last time i checked conversations were made of questions, opinions, clarificaions, reasoning etc

[Removed by poster at 21/05/12 19:40:33]

"there's no need to get all defensive here. The OP just asked a question. I can understand it as it's a common term used on here and I'm sure they just want to understand if a BBW would be within their preference or not. "

Being totally and utterly honest ....when we first started swinging and joined fab we hadn't the faintest what size (struggling for the correct word here) "qualified" to be a BBW.

We had looked at countless profiles of ladies all different shapes and sizes claiming to be BBW. I was bigger than I am now and wasn't 100% whether I qualified or not.

I truely think/believe the op didn't mean any harm or bother when they asked the question ....unlike some people who clearly have nothing better to do than spout their vileness on Internet forums like this

"there's no need to get all defensive here. The OP just asked a question. I can understand it as it's a common term used on here and I'm sure they just want to understand if a BBW would be within their preference or not.

Being totally and utterly honest ....when we first started swinging and joined fab we hadn't the faintest what size (struggling for the correct word ,here) "qualified" to be a BBW.

We had looked at countless profiles of ladies all different shapes and sizes claiming to be BBW. I was bigger than I am now and wasn't 100% whether I qualified or not.

I truely think/believe the op didn't mean any harm or bother when they asked the question ....unlike some people who clearly have nothing better to do than spout their vileness on Internet forums like this "

aberdeen

"there's no need to get all defensive here. The OP just asked a question. I can understand it as it's a common term used on here and I'm sure they just want to understand if a BBW would be within their preference or not.

Being totally and utterly honest ....when we first started swinging and joined fab we hadn't the faintest what size (struggling for the correct word ,here) "qualified" to be a BBW.

I truely think/believe the op didn't mean any harm or bother when they asked the question ....unlike some people who clearly have nothing better to do than spout their vileness on Internet forums like this

I totally agree,the OP,i dont think meant harm or bother but certain people like to argue with their shadow and be vile and aggressive and incite trouble.Why cant we have peace and harmony in this diverse world.

"

If they have a cushion for the pushin'

i have met woman taller than me and of all shapes and sizes.

personality works for me and ability to chat and laugh.

i dont care if she is a size 18 because i know that if we get on both we meet to play then its going to be a great time for both.

and each time ive been right about this.

the person matters more to me than size.

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

why do people have to categorised yes i am a bbw im big i know not something can change been trying years but i dress to flatter my size most people don't do that i am who i am and if you dont like it not my problem lol i wont change for anyone.

BIG YES BEAUTIFUL DEBATABLE WOMEN DEFENTLY

"why do people have to categorised yes i am a bbw im big i know not something can change been trying years but i dress to flatter my size most people don't do that i am who i am and if you dont like it not my problem lol i wont change for anyone.

BIG YES BEAUTIFUL DEBATABLE WOMEN DEFENTLY "

and you look lovely.

thank god we are all different or this would get boring very quickly

bucks

Ty very much

bucks

Ty very much

I'd probably say an 18 would be the start off BBWness. The label BBW helps on sites like these and the internet where you can do some searching and everyone is thrown into a category, especially for a fat admirer (now that's a pretty rubbish term) like me.

However there are larger women who I don't find attractive and larger women who are smoking hot, I don't think the bbw tag supposed to be literal, just a polite way of saying someone is overweight.

Don't care what somebody terms my wobbly bits, they're all part of me......off for another cake and to watch 'My Big Fat Fetish'

"nowt wrong with size sexy "

oooooooo I like this sizing - gonna adopt it for me - thank u

surely it has to be about hight as well, a women whos a size 16 and 5ft 10+ will not look the same as a 5ft woman whos a size 16, infact i would imagine a women whos 5ft10 ish or above wouldnt even be over weight at a size 16/18 and would probably not look overly big at a size 20

So you cant really just put a number on what big is

I'm 5ft10 and a size 18 on the bottom I don't call myself anything I'm a mum and I'm expected to have some lumps and bumps I'm not a BBW I'm just gorgeous and curvy some men love it some men don't

"surely it has to be about hight as well, a women whos a size 16 and 5ft 10+ will not look the same as a 5ft woman whos a size 16, infact i would imagine a women whos 5ft10 ish or above wouldnt even be over weight at a size 16/18 and would probably not look overly big at a size 20

So you cant really just put a number on what big is"

Exactly, at 5ft 1 and a size 16 i know i look lots bigger than taller women. One thing i cant change is my height unless i go on a rack and im not planning that anytime soon lol

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

if a cant get my arms round her pass

I prefer the BBW to mean big buxom women I have to admit to being a sucker for a big pair of breasts (if you'll pardon the pun)

i still love the term rubenesque, a woman of large build and frame , not necessarily over weight xxx

"i still love the term rubenesque, a woman of large build and frame , not necessarily over weight xxx"

My profile says rubenesque, i love that word

"i still love the term rubenesque, a woman of large build and frame , not necessarily over weight xxx"

so thats what that's means

By *obsam1976Man  over a year ago

widnes

i find bbws a real big turn on and it just means there is more to explore and have fun with

why hug a twig when u can have the whole tree

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

I can understand the 'big' and 'woman' but surely the beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Personally, I prefer slim women but would also say I found Dawn French attractive when she was larger.

Steve

By *oger meMan  over a year ago

somewhere

How the hell can all women over a 16 be BBW?

Surely they are not all beautiful, and it also depends on their height etc etc.

I for one hate the labelling of women as BBW. It in no way tells you anything about the woman, and as the women usually label themselves as a bbw on their profile they are just encouraging the use of this type of often derogatory grouping.

I think a picture spells a thousand words and people should be left to make their own opinions

Rant over.

» Add a new message to this topic