FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What to do with surplus breast milk

What to do with surplus breast milk

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleKinks OP   Couple  over a year ago

Reading

So we have a surplus of frozen breast milk. Due to wife being diabetic which can affect the sugar levels of the milk regular donation sites won't accept it. Any idea what we should do with the surplus. Seems a waste to throw it away when we no longer need it for the little one.

Any suggestions as to what we could do with it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Make ice cream

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If your baby has moved on to bottles of a cup give it to them to drink.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Or a cup

By *ilyRoseSmithWoman  over a year ago

somewhere not far from Bedford

Freeze it in little syringes. Very good for putting in the bath for chicken pox/eczema, clearing conjunctivitis, bites etc.

I've even used it as a toner - made a great difference to my skin! Lol

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

With cornflakes?

check out HM4HB on Faceb00k.. A fellow diabetic might be grateful.

I freeze surplus for emergencies / milk baths / cuts and scrapes / milk lollies... Honestly the uses and benefits are endless!

Px

"check out HM4HB on Faceb00k.. A fellow diabetic might be grateful.

I freeze surplus for emergencies / milk baths / cuts and scrapes / milk lollies... Honestly the uses and benefits are endless!

Px "

Is it wrong of me to want one of your milk lollies?

By *eivers101Couple  over a year ago

Carlisle

I worked on a breast feeding support project for a number of years and froze copious amounts of my own breastmilk when my 2 children were babies. It can be added to pretty much anything that you'd usually use regular milk in and as it's naturally sweeter there's no need to add sugar. My girls loved custard made with it for example.

As others have suggested it's really good for treating conjunctivitis and using in milk baths to ease the itch from chicken pox,eczema etc and also fab at reducing the redness if you get spots or pimples.

And well done for giving your little one the breast start ???? xx

Donate it!

By *ittleKinks OP   Couple  over a year ago

Reading

"Donate it! "
we would but due to wife's type 1 diabetes donation sites won't take it due to the slight irregular sugar levels it may have

"Donate it! we would but due to wife's type 1 diabetes donation sites won't take it due to the slight irregular sugar levels it may have "

Ah, my mistake. I only just skimmed over the OP and missed that

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

You could send some off to be made into jewellery.

Or you can keep to do milk baths, it’s amazing for the skin, and if you search for baby milk bath photo shoots and there are some gorgeous pics you can do.

You can make soap or ice cream or lollies.

You could look up HUman milk for human babies, that’s a peer to peer milk swap, hospital donations are only taken as long as you are not on certain meds and once you have been tested.

I’ve got a fair bit in my freezer.

I’ve heard some body builders or people with some cancers buy it from somewhere but I have no idea how/where/how much

By *inksAPlentyCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Try human milk for human babies on FB. I’ve donated to several mums via that and also been a courier service to help out too!

Ms x

By *orkshireBeef26Man  over a year ago

Kirkella

"check out HM4HB on Faceb00k.. A fellow diabetic might be grateful.

Px "

I've badly scraped my arm, please could you supply me some xx.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"You could send some off to be made into jewellery.

Or you can keep to do milk baths, it’s amazing for the skin, and if you search for baby milk bath photo shoots and there are some gorgeous pics you can do.

You could look up HUman milk for human babies, that’s a peer to peer milk swap, hospital donations are only taken as long as you are not on certain meds and once you have been tested.

I’ve heard some body builders or people with some cancers buy it from somewhere but I have no idea how/where/how much "

What a great set of positive replies! I never knew it had so many uses! Well done the sisterhood!

By *izzie and VictorCouple  over a year ago

worcestershire

"You could send some off to be made into jewellery.

I’ve heard some body builders or people with some cancers buy it from somewhere but I have no idea how/where/how much

What a great set of positive replies! I never knew it had so many uses! Well done the sisterhood! "

After breastfeeding 3 kids one of which was for 18 months i can honestly say I’ve had and used a lot of breastmilk!

Nappy rash, gunky eyes, insect bites, sunburn.... basically nearly anything you’d put a cream on use b-milk for!

» Add a new message to this topic