FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocked meets

Blocked meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi,

Just a word of advice, when you advertise for a meet don't block your intended audience!

This is seriously going to effect your chances of getting a meet.... and is pretty frustrating from the other side too!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They may just want to advertise to people they have met or talked to before.

Cali

"They may just want to advertise to people they have met or talked to before.

Cali "

if my friends want a private meet...they contact me...rather than advertise it on site lol...

just a bit lazy I'd say sending out a generic meet to people u could contact personally

Everyone uses the sites in different ways.. I'll just put who is free and see who gets back to me...

Cali

perhaps single ladies and couples should not write their own profile,or their profile settings,get a single guy to do,that way you cant go wrong,simple

"perhaps single ladies and couples should not write their own profile,or their profile settings,get a single guy to do,that way you cant go wrong,simple "

perhaps some couples should remember they arent a godsend on fab...no different from a single guy...except one half has a pussy....oooer controversial for a saturday morning haha

All I meant is they advertise asking if any males are available and when you message to say yes it says that "messages to your sex are blocked"

Surely that means the meet request is totally useless????

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Perhaps it's a challenge, to find only the worthiest single blokes. Or they just like teasing.

I agree with the OP. If you're putting up a meet request, then don't block the very people you state you're looking for. However there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

"perhaps single ladies and couples should not write their own profile,or their profile settings,get a single guy to do,that way you cant go wrong,simple

perhaps some couples should remember they arent a godsend on fab...no different from a single guy...except one half has a pussy....oooer controversial for a saturday morning haha"

with you on the site,to keep us on our toes,how could we possibly forget

"perhaps single ladies and couples should not write their own profile,or their profile settings,get a single guy to do,that way you cant go wrong,simple

perhaps some couples should remember they arent a godsend on fab...no different from a single guy...except one half has a pussy....oooer controversial for a saturday morning haha

with you on the site,to keep us on our toes,how could we possibly forget"

its easipeasi to forget

"All I meant is they advertise asking if any males are available and when you message to say yes it says that "messages to your sex are blocked"

Surely that means the meet request is totally useless????"

We have everyone blocked except friends and people we have messaged before (filters won't work for them).

If we found ourselves in a position where we are looking for a meet today, we'd only be looking to meet these friends/acquaintances tbh ....we really wouldn't like our mailbox being full of messages from randy singles that we haven't 'got to know' already.

It's OUR comfort zone and sure hell fire we ain't coming out of it to please someone else!

By *exystargirlWoman  over a year ago

Warrington

I think with the general day to day use of the site, then the blocking option can be very useful.

But if your listing for a meet, I think

even though for example you have males blocked, if you ticked the box saying your interested in males, then for the time your meet is listed, they should be able to contact you.

It would give people more freedom and not have to remember to edit their profile settings if they decide to unblock or block.

sorry if it don't make sense, had a long nite and this coffee aint kicked in yet lol

That is fair enough but at least indicate that on the meet advert.... ?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"That is fair enough but at least indicate that on the meet advert.... ?"

...and if they don't want to as it's working for them?!!

I know what you mean.

You do a search trying to exclude people not seeking single guys but then you get all the......

Guys we'll contact you brigade!

Surely that defeats the object of placing youself in those search results?

"I know what you mean.

You do a search trying to exclude people not seeking single guys but then you get all the......

Surely that defeats the object of placing youself in those search results? "

Have a read of what we wrote (roughly 5 posts up from this one).... it'll explain what our position is.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"It's OUR comfort zone and sure hell fire we ain't coming out of it to please someone else!"

Then use your status for the meet request. Posting it on meets and events opens it up to the Fab membership, and so produces frustration from the very members you've 'invited' by posting it there.

"It's OUR comfort zone and sure hell fire we ain't coming out of it to please someone else!

Then use your status for the meet request. Posting it on meets and events opens it up to the Fab membership, and so produces frustration from the very members you've 'invited' by posting it there."

For the record: We've NEVER used the 'meet today' tool, so can't be accused of causing such frustration ....well, not yet anyway

"I know what you mean.

Have a read of what we wrote (roughly 5 posts up from this one).... it'll explain what our position is."

Good for you!

we use the block button for singles of any sex m or f because we only want to meet couples but sorry to say it does rule out those with a singles profile who have a f**k buddy

"I know what you mean.

Have a read of what we wrote (roughly 5 posts up from this one).... it'll explain what our position is.

Good for you! "

By *irty_newcastleCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle Upon Tyne

For us this site is all about comming out of our comfort zone and experiencing new things... Bit blinkered to think otherwise really. Each to their own though...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

maybe they are just appealing to people already on their friends list... of who they may well have talked to before...

remember those people won't be blocked from getting in contact....

i don't see why people get frustrated by it.... move on... and if you have a meet today request up at the same time then maybe... just maybe... they will get in touch with you instead....

» Add a new message to this topic