FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Menopause

Menopause

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had thought approaching the menopause meant a dried up vagina and no sex drive, but mine is going through the roof. I am 49 and don't know if I've reached menopause. My friend told me menopausal women can get a massive surge of oestrogen before menopause which is your womb's last effort to get up the duff before it retires, so you can feel horny with that..

Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The average age for menopause is 52. I was 57 or 58.

I don't know if what your friend told you is true but I got pregnant at 46 even though we were using contraception.

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

I have been menopausal for about 2 and a half years, no decrease in libido and definitely no vaginal dryness, maybe I have been lucky, lots of women suffer terribly and life is never the same again.

I have found it liberating

By *lice MaliceWoman  over a year ago

The Facility

I went though menopause at 37. It can be triggered by all kinds of things including grief.

I had a couple of years on HRT mainly to stop the wild mood swings.

Once I found a guy who knew what he was doing, I had no problem with dryness at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I went through my menopause last year, when I was 48. I had been unwell on and off with the very odd hot flash and my periods had quit about 6 months before that. It wasn't until I went to have my smear done the nurse said " oh we need to get the post menopause one out for you now" that I realised I had been though it without the normal symtoms that I was expecting.

Before that happened I had been celibate for 6 years but then all of a sudden it was like I HAD TO HAVE SEX. That was last Oct and I have never looked back

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Menopause is different for each of us.

No idea if the age you go through menopause has any baring on it or not.

My sex drive isn't what it was when I was younger and I don't get as wet as easily.

On the whole, the biggest issue for me has been hot flushes.

My menopause started not long after i had my one and only child at 39...

Now 55 and its well behind me, i never lost my sex drive throughout it, in fact it went up rather than down, and i also didn't get the mood swings either.. didn't take anything throughout and sailed through it..

My mum had early menopause too and they do say its hereditary

By *aimtoplease69Woman  over a year ago

Kent

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago. Apart from minor hot flushes, nothing has changed.. I have an extremely high sex drive and I still get extremely wet

"I had thought approaching the menopause meant a dried up vagina and no sex drive, but mine is going through the roof. I am 49 and don't know if I've reached menopause. My friend told me menopausal women can get a massive surge of oestrogen before menopause which is your womb's last effort to get up the duff before it retires, so you can feel horny with that..

Any thoughts?"

You can gdtwa blood test at docs to determine if it's the menopause

So far mines been crap

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Being of the age when I have either talked to or got together with menopausal and pre- menopausal women, a number have had a final surge of sexuality followed by it crashing, for some it peters out slowly and others it carries on as before.

» Add a new message to this topic