FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocking after chatting and arranging to meet

Blocking after chatting and arranging to meet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *averockrock OP   Man  over a year ago

swindon

Is that normal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

I'd say it's entirely abnormal, but sadly very common on here. Onwards and upwards with fingers crossed though xx

swindon

Yep!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just a consideration: until we've agreed on a time&place we haven't arranged to meet. Some people get waaay ahead of themselves with this and will read even an evasive blowing off as an agreement to meet (obvs I don't know the details OP so if it doesn't apply ignore).

Tangentially, some people find it hard to establish boundaries or are conflict avoidant; so it is simpler to block than to admit you have changed your mind, or to explain how the other person misunderstood your intentions.

By *akbearMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"I'd say it's entirely abnormal, but sadly very common on here. Onwards and upwards with fingers crossed though xx"
keep those fingers crossed....

swindon

"Just a consideration: until we've agreed on a time&place we haven't arranged to meet. Some people get waaay ahead of themselves with this and will read even an evasive blowing off as an agreement to meet (obvs I don't know the details OP so if it doesn't apply ignore).

Tangentially, some people find it hard to establish boundaries or are conflict avoidant; so it is simpler to block than to admit you have changed your mind, or to explain how the other person misunderstood your intentions."

I know but it was arranged!

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Did you ever speak (phone or video) with the other person / people, or just email?

It's easy to pretend that you are something you are not, via the written word.

But not if it is voice or an actual meeting.

Most fake accounts are too good to be true.

"Is that normal?"

Same issue so frustrating spending time chatting to someone getting to know them and arranging a meet then they block you or don’t reply to messages. Infuriating how often it happens

By *rNaughtyNickMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Is that normal?"

Seems to be the norm, guess there are a number of fantasist on here. Those getting their kicks off wasting peoples or those looking for an ego / confidence boost.

you get used to it after a while

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

"Is that normal?"
I am afraid this sort of behaviour is very normal in my experience.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

This has to be one of the british posts of the forums

Repressed emotions...

If the person you are talking to can't clearly articulate what they want from a meet. Even if that is an cold unemotional fuck.

Its pretty much always going to end at some point like this.

Chat

Swap numbers

Call

Socially Meet

(either meet again or if you hit off jump into bed)

Its not rocket science but somewhere down the line... Loads of repressed British stuffy attitudes get thrown in.

If we where in continental Europe, you meet in a bar cafe have an actual engaging and meaningful chat and either leave it there

Of fuck all night long with your new buddy.

No sit around and guess the other persons (feelings)

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Sadly seems the norm on here !! we even arrange to meet each other and then don't show up or cancel on each other at the very last minute and sometime we block each other by sitting in a different room just to re visit the good old days before the lock down it's a fun game to play !! and she's now called albert and i'm roberta with pert breasts and a ever moist and she's always hard and horny xxx

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

I wouldn't say it was normal but it happens a lot. It's more surprising when someone turns up l

By *ixie55Woman  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Unfortunately it happens and worse!

This usually happens after the get sex talk , pics and videos....

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Is that normal?"
, Id say so, but not as bad as being left waiting in a public place for your meet to never turn up or message to say they will be late or not coming.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

yeah pretty normal for fab

It happens. You've only got blocked, I had a man deleting his profile all together. Guess he's got too scared of the reality of meeting as only been on the site for two days.

By *arl17Man  over a year ago

Central Portugal

"It happens. You've only got blocked, I had a man deleting his profile all together. Guess he's got too scared of the reality of meeting as only been on the site for two days."

Shit happens

Yep. Definitely happens

Some people only want to know who you are. Or just tease knowing they will never meet you. Some pretend to be female but they are male and visa versa. Better to be blocked than stalked any day.

Finding what you're looking for takes dedication on this site

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"It happens. You've only got blocked, I had a man deleting his profile all together. Guess he's got too scared of the reality of meeting as only been on the site for two days."
same here when I was single

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Chippenham

Yep totally normal, changed their mind and haven't got the manners to tell you. Lucky escape for you.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

We can go one better.

Having arranged a social meet with a guy where we got on OK we then arranged to meet at his house a few days later. He sent his address then (you guessed it) he blocked us, then removed his profile and we never heard from him again.....

Until two years later when he came back with a new profile, apologized (personal problems he said) and asked if we could 'start again'. Much against our better judgement we said yes but we need another social to touch base first. He met us as arranged and then when we agreed to meet up again the same thing happened!

More fool us.

It's frustratingly common.

I also am part of a couples profile on here, and although we've never arranged a meet, canceled and then blocked, we have blocked people we've chatted with for a while, usually becasue they don't read our extensive replies. So questions from us like, where are you based, how big are you, when can you meet, can we see a face picture are often ignored or its obvious the content of our messages haven't really been read in any detail.

We like to converse for a while before even chatting on the phone, and having a social meeting. With Covid-19 its been even worse. So to save time now we block. If they miss the question once, we ask again, if we don't get a reply to it, we block.

We have met some nice people, so have a regular male visits and also a couple, (well before Covid-19) so we're not that bad just choosey, and because of the number of guys on here who just don't read the profiles, and the ratio of guys to couples we can be choosey.

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"It's frustratingly common. "
a simple thanks but no thanks should be surfice

By *ixie55Woman  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Another scenario:

Arranged a social with a young guy against better judgment and in a moment of weakness. We met, walked towards the coffee shop and he asked to skip coffee and go to dessert. When he realised I actually meant a coffee he walked off towards his car got in and drove off! Not a word and was obviously blocked. Not nice

Seems normal on fab, there is genuine people on here but it's like finding a needle in a haystack finding them tbh.

I call these people keybord wankers and they all sad losers who need to get a life can’t see the injoyment off siting wanking over a keyboard to some words when you can be doing sed words

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"Is that normal?, Id say so, but not as bad as being left waiting in a public place for your meet to never turn up or message to say they will be late or not coming. "

I’ve had guys message to tell me they are running late and for me to wait for them .... and still not show up

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you agree a time, date and place to meet for the social-only meets that are currently permitted in the UK, then failing to cancel, becoming a no show at the meet, is something that should be reported to Admin.

As the covid-19 situation is affecting life, as well as with some local restrictions imposed too, it makes sense to have communication plans up until the time of meeting.

If people have arranged a meet for sex, they may have realised afterwards that these meets aren't permitted. They should still have notified you of their change and mistake.

Expect most chats to not become meets. Most people are not mutually compatible.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

If we commit to a meet, we are serious. Something might stop it going ahead our end (we have a life, family and usual things outside of Fab) but we wouldn't use block to deal with it. We would simply explain our situation, hope the other parties understand and try to re arrange.

We have been swingers for over 20 years now and 7 years (originally) since joining fab.

Fab is great but at the same time, the free part seems to attract a lot wannabes.

It is what it is. The current covid situation has not changed that, it's only exasperated it.

By *attb179Man  over a year ago

London

The guy got a meet sorted after 2 days on fab?? Do you have his number? I want some tips!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

In my experience it's because they've said something egregious that has put me off.

happened before alright

By *haggynMuffCouple  over a year ago

Kidlington oxtord

It's probably because they are not the person they say they are. For instance That perfect 26 year old couple with nice pictures is probably someone who's creating a fake profile and could be a 30 year old man

"Is that normal?"

Not normal, but happens....

» Add a new message to this topic