FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Rate my profile

Rate my profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rKC92 OP   Man  over a year ago

St Helens

Hey everyone.

I've been on here for a while (back after a break) and I've had a little bit of success here and there. I was wondering if there's any way I can spice my profile up at all.

I know messaging is a bit down to luck and it's rare for me to get many views but I was wondering if it's because I've been doing something wrong. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

I honestly don't think messaging is remotely just down to luck, it involves thought and effort. Check out the Messaging for Dummies post on here, loads of good advice on there!

As for your profile, it's OK but t there is nothing about it that really makes it stand out from the crowd to be honest.

St Helens

See I've had a read through that post but I tend to already do everything in that thread. I make a point of speaking about things in a profile because I want to make it clear I've read the profile. Most of the time it goes unread and deleted or left on read outside of a few times people want to speak and my profile almost never gets checked. It's quite a conundrum!

In terms of helping myself stand out what would you recommend?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you want a gay man perspective then I'd say the pics are.. OK but I don't know many straight females that care about the size or look of a cock.

The teasing semi nude pics are look tho but if you are going to use chest pics then make them flattering.

As for the long winded essay at the bottom then cut it down. Nobody reads them and saying everything leaves nothing to chat about

As for the silly rant about men, we get it you're straight but you don't need to rant about the attention you get from guys. It makes you look angry and close minded

Take it as a compliment that a guy likes you

I would say your photos are the main problem. Poor lighting, poor angles and some of them are blurry. Your profile pic is good but I would say delete the others and start again. If you are not a good photographer and are worried about privacy then you might even be better off just having one or two good quality body pics on your profile and attaching supplementary "normal" pics taken by other people to your messages.

If you don't have good lighting anywhere in your house I would recommend an app like VSCO to sort out contrast issues. Also think about how your photos make you feel. Do you feel that they are presenting you in the best possible way?

St Helens

"If you want a gay man perspective then I'd say the pics are.. OK but I don't know many straight females that care about the size or look of a cock.

The teasing semi nude pics are look tho but if you are going to use chest pics then make them flattering.

As for the long winded essay at the bottom then cut it down. Nobody reads them and saying everything leaves nothing to chat about

As for the silly rant about men, we get it you're straight but you don't need to rant about the attention you get from guys. It makes you look angry and close minded

Take it as a compliment that a guy likes you "

Thanks for the pointers.

To be honest it's a compliment but it's more as a result of pushy people in the past. I've had a lot of messages from "MF couples" which have been from guys trying to play alone and getting arsey after I deleted their advances, my block button has had a lot of attention. After a while I got tired of it and hence the rant.

With guys who respect boundaries I'm fine but the pushy ones can be a real pain in the arse (and not the type they'd like to be)!

hi thought it sounded OK to me photos bit more of a variety would be nice

St Helens

"I would say your photos are the main problem. Poor lighting, poor angles and some of them are blurry. Your profile pic is good but I would say delete the others and start again. If you are not a good photographer and are worried about privacy then you might even be better off just having one or two good quality body pics on your profile and attaching supplementary "normal" pics taken by other people to your messages.

If you don't have good lighting anywhere in your house I would recommend an app like VSCO to sort out contrast issues. Also think about how your photos make you feel. Do you feel that they are presenting you in the best possible way? "

To be honest I've never had the strongest selfie-taking abilities! I always look like I'm looking off into space, I'm definitely better with someone else taking photos for me!

I like the idea on the body shots and I'll definitely have a think of better ways to take them. I do desperately need to improve my lighting though!

In your profile you say "if we've met before, please verify me".. Why wouldn't you just message those people yourself and ask for a veri? Or have you met so many that you don't remember? Or was it long time ago?

Asking for a veri is a bit desperate.

St Helens

"In your profile you say "if we've met before, please verify me".. Why wouldn't you just message those people yourself and ask for a veri? Or have you met so many that you don't remember? Or was it long time ago?

Asking for a veri is a bit desperate."

I've been off and on with fab for a while, in that time people move or leave and rejoin. What that says about how memorable I am I can't say. I've seen lines to the same effect on other profiles.

"In your profile you say "if we've met before, please verify me".. Why wouldn't you just message those people yourself and ask for a veri? Or have you met so many that you don't remember? Or was it long time ago?

Asking for a veri is a bit desperate.

I've been off and on with fab for a while, in that time people move or leave and rejoin. What that says about how memorable I am I can't say. I've seen lines to the same effect on other profiles."

Doesn't mean you need to copy them.

But each to their own.

» Add a new message to this topic