FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile 'Interests'

Profile 'Interests'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you put off by the 'Interests' on a person's profile?

Do you view this list as what the person has experience of, wants to try, or is simply interested in giving it a go if the situation is right?

I've put a lot of things in my interests that I've never done but might be willing to try...

Should I only put down what I have experience with? (Which would leave almost nothing lol)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Are you put off by the 'Interests' on a person's profile?

Do you view this list as what the person has experience of, wants to try, or is simply interested in giving it a go if the situation is right?

I've put a lot of things in my interests that I've never done but might be willing to try...

Should I only put down what I have experience with? (Which would leave almost nothing lol)"

Cross dressing would definitely put us off yes.

T

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

I don't get put off per se, they may have things that I think "not for me" but it isn't really a deciding factor.

By *ontecristoMan  over a year ago

PonteCarlo

Err no i don't read profiles I just look at the pictures doesn't everyone?

"Cross dressing would definitely put us off yes.

T"

Aah right. Yeah that wasn't meant to be about ME lol gone now

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Depends really, if they are a list of “must try’s” or things they have dabbled in.

Must try lists turn me off. Far too structured and formal for my sexual liking.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I don’t pay a huge amount of attention to them, as some people seem to just tick everything in hopes of getting more interest. The only thing that really puts me off is safe sex not being listed.

I do think it can be things you want to try as well as things you have experience of.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Personally I look for mutual listed interests. Ones that really do put me off is the ones with only "virtual" stuff listed like phone/voyager/dogging. As that says to me that person ain't into hands on. I'm not into cocks in frocks so that pretty much rules out them in cross dressing and if they don't have safe sex listed then I avoid them as well. But that's just my perspective

Cardiff

"Personally I look for mutual listed interests. Ones that really do put me off is the ones with only "virtual" stuff listed like phone/voyager/dogging. As that says to me that person ain't into hands on. I'm not into cocks in frocks so that pretty much rules out them in cross dressing and if they don't have safe sex listed then I avoid them as well. But that's just my perspective "

Good point, if it’s just phone/cam I don’t bother because even now, I really can’t be doing with all that.

By *atBottomGirlsWoman  over a year ago

St Austell-ish

I've found that putting up interests tends to attract the sort of attention I am DEFINITELY not looking for, so I only ticked safe sex, as it is my only essential.

The messages I got from men (when I had any interests ticked) were so out there in terms of what I'm looking for. I much prefer to state in my profile that I have varied interests, and discuss with anyone I'm thinking of meeting what they are.

Cardiff

"I've found that putting up interests tends to attract the sort of attention I am DEFINITELY not looking for, so I only ticked safe sex, as it is my only essential.

The messages I got from men (when I had any interests ticked) were so out there in terms of what I'm looking for. I much prefer to state in my profile that I have varied interests, and discuss with anyone I'm thinking of meeting what they are."

Also very true. I put interests on when I first joined, and as you say, it got the wrong sort of attention. So for ages I only had safe sex ticked as well. I’ve put some back on now, but only because I don’t get as many messages now.

All good advice, everyone.

Thanks very much

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Are you put off by the 'Interests' on a person's profile?"

In a word, no. It gives an indication of their interests, not what they want to do with us.

Or to put it another way, we have no interest in hangliding, but we wouldn't turn someone down just because they go hangliding at the weekend.

» Add a new message to this topic