FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ads..do they say enough?

Ads..do they say enough?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eystev OP   Man  over a year ago

norwich

Hi All

I have been on the scene a while. i have read many forum articles on many sites. I have seen the many post's on "How to for single guys" but my question is simple.

Do ads tell everything wether single or couple. Is what you see on an ad open to being misconstude State your view.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"Hi All

I have been on the scene a while. i have read many forum articles on many sites. I have seen the many post's on "How to for single guys" but my question is simple.

Do ads tell everything wether single or couple. Is what you see on an ad open to being misconstude State your view.

"

yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

wots an Ad I got a profile a jokey one but it aint an advertisement

personally, its all about looks, lol

i dont care wot ppl write , i only perv pics

By *eystev OP   Man  over a year ago

norwich

Apologies ...profile not ad

One line profiles do not do a lot for me

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"One line profiles do not do a lot for me "

no i agree - but the long shouty ones are even worse!

Forum Mod

I think theres a fine line between putting enough info and personality into your profile to generate a bit of interest and boring people to sleep

Ours is in the middle of a rethink so is really boring it has'nt stopped people mailing though so I wonder who actually reads them anyway

We try to be as honest on our profile as possible,in part because we don't want to waste peoples time but chiefly because we don't want them wasting ours either.

So,if you put as much info as possible it may limit your respondants but you have more chance of the ones you get being the ones you want, hopefuly.

Recently we have minimised the wording in our profile in the hope that it will be read, reads like a sun article now and we do have better results, but still get quite a few that either have not read it or ignore what we have said in there.

I have changed my profile several times over the years, the pillocks who do not read them will always be annoying as they just cut and paste the same email to everyone, however I have found that genuine people will always read your profile and often ask to clarify things on it, I always see a profile as an introduction and always seek to clarify things further when chatting via messenger or at the introductory meet, funny though my last lady told me shes hadnt read my profile but was impressed how much of hers I rememeberd

"Hi All

"

An advert/profile doesn't tell you everything about someone but a well formulated one can certainly help.

Many adverts/profiles tell you more about a person by what they dont say as by what they do say.

The OP has a good profile, many don't some like me have one that is too much like trying to read War and Peace.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I think theres a fine line between putting enough info and personality into your profile to generate a bit of interest and boring people to sleep

"

I agree with this.

We need a "sticky" thread ( ) along the lines of:

Yes, there are other people in your situation, you'll find them in time, just keep moving on, and yes, we agree that the people in your example is/are ridiculous.

"We try to be as honest on our profile as possible,in part because we don't want to waste peoples time but chiefly because we don't want them wasting ours either.

So,if you put as much info as possible it may limit your respondants but you have more chance of the ones you get being the ones you want, hopefuly. "

That's kinda where we're coming from with ours.

As it turns out I think it's too long.

I'd be very receptive to some criticism and ideas about how to make ours more concise.

Better still, how to write something that will stop the Friends Invites from smokers living 700 miles away whom we've never heard of!

Forum Mod

"Better still, how to write something that will stop the Friends Invites from smokers living 700 miles away whom we've never heard of! "

Nothing will ever stop that from happening

"Better still, how to write something that will stop the Friends Invites from smokers living 700 miles away whom we've never heard of!

Nothing will ever stop that from happening "

I was afraid someone would say that

I agree, knowing what to put, and what people want to hear is hard! OK its a swinging site, BUT, I think people, specially couples, lol, have to try and out-win other's. Our profile has preferences on, whom we are, what we're into etc on it, whether or not you've had enough of reading it by the end, you tell us, lol!?!

Just write down what you personally think of, at that moment in time, we have tryed to rethink our profile, but by re-thinking, it would have come across as false, so at the moment it stays as it is, and when something new springs to mind, then might be the time for a change

Forum Mod

Im always changing ours.......it gets a bit boring after a while,and sometimes we want different things at different times I don't expect anyone to read it though.............some do and some don't,if they don't I don't feel guilty about ignoring the messages

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"how to write something that will stop the Friends Invites from smokers living 700 miles away whom we've never heard of! "

How about "Grace's op has gone well - she loves her new penis, and with the hormone treatment is now cultivating something approaching a beard"?

Should reduce the inbox a touch...

I just get straight to point on mine in a logical organised manner. I still get one liners from women and couples saying 'nice pics babe' and things and im like

I am wondering if I should add my profile text to my pics instead lol

» Add a new message to this topic