FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fakes & Messaging

Fakes & Messaging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mmmMaybe OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Wales

I’ve read a few threads over recent weeks that seem to point to this issue getting worse.

There are now genuine members in all categories who have posted on the forums that they no longer message anyone.

People complain about repeat offenders, crap messages & those weirdos setting up multiple accounts one after the other just to continue to message & harass one profile for whatever reason & it’s always answered with “YOU” could do xyz “Report ...blah blah, but there’s little to be done about people leaving & creating a new profile etc.”

Thing is why? Why can the site not do more to stop them coming back? Why when people join do they have to wait to post in the forums but can message people instantly? To me that’s arse upwards?

Yes the site is used by many people & for many reasons be it to meet, chat, get fabs on photos, find the one, whatever. What none of them joined for is to get pestered & harassed by morons.

Yes the means are at our disposal to make the site better with filters but if our own experience tells us anything it’s that you don’t tend to look for these when new then you are swamped & THEN look for filters to make the site more pleasant.

There’s surely something inherently wrong with a sites set up when the vast majority on it seem to be single guys or fakes, which as we know are usually single guys.

So what’s the answer? I could say fuck knows, but going back ^ a bit I mentioned the forums & the one week delay.

What if ALL newbies could post & ask questions immediately on the forum but were not allowed to send first messages for a month? Reduced to two weeks if they are site supporters?

How many of these fakes would then join knowing they cannot message for a month? & every time they created a profile well guess what? Another month..

Pay your fiver whatever & Yep you could still be abusive after two weeks, but then you’ll get booted off & need another fiver & another two weeks.

It may also have the added benefit of overall better profiles being created. If you can’t message it really does then become your shop window.

Maybe short term pain for long term gain as they say?

Discuss or don’t but I always look at the log in page saying 26,xxx online whatever & think “Yeah but at least 8/10 are blokes.

Good night all.

S

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That is an absolutely terrible idea and would not work.

The forums would be an absolute mess for starters.

Also it has nothing to do with the set up the site, Every website like this is male heavy and also what on Earth do you mean by a fake?

Just use your filters and message those that intreast you and ignore the rest.

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I agree with the OP - the site is fully accessible to the public and as a result there are a lot of profiles that are just here to view pics and abuse people.

This has increased significantly due to the lockdowns and home working.

There should be better controls and I think if you don’t pay you don’t get to message or see pictures.

They would still be able to see profile descriptions and forum topics but not anything more than that.

That would cut down a lot of the harassment.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"That is an absolutely terrible idea and would not work.

The forums would be an absolute mess for starters.

Also it has nothing to do with the set up the site, Every website like this is male heavy and also what on Earth do you mean by a fake?

Just use your filters and message those that intreast you and ignore the rest."

In this context, by fake I think they probably mean couple and single woman profiles that are actually men. Not “fake” the way every angry single man means it.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I quite like the idea, as long as new people could still reply to messages they’re sent. I’m not sure about letting them have unrestricted access to the forums, it would probably lead to thousands of threads complaining about not being able to message!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe it would help if people needed to be 'site' verified before being allowed to message?

It is such a simple easy process.

*Honey

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

IMO verifications should always be displayed so you can see/read them. Yes some ppl will argue they don’t want everyone seeing who they meet but a veri summary with hidden veris means it can be faked.

Too many “couple” and “single female” profiles with one hidden veri (most often from a male).

But that doesn’t help newbies so...

Possibly also insist profiles are photo verified? We aren’t but that is laziness and the excuse we have veris displayed. But yes we should get photo veried too.

By *mmmMaybe OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Wales

Thanks for the few that have bothered to respond & yes by fakes I mean the single guys (or not) that pretend to be women, couples, whatever & yes they are only stopped from first message sending. It's why I said it would make people think more about their profiles & what's in them. If you then start the conversation then chat away to your hearts content.

With regard to the forum perhaps limiting their access to the help & advice areas & a warning coming up much like sometimes when you message?

Maybe "Before starting a new thread please use the forum search function to see if your issue has not previously been covered". Something like that?

With regard to verifications I think there seem to be so many dodgy verifying groups that it probably wouldn't work & while I agree that all verifications shouldn't be hidden as a summary I don't think people really want to read 1001 group social veries either. Plus there are a few green eyed monster types on here who go out of their way to cause trouble. So maybe the choice to display but the choice can never be ZERO maybe even a minimum of five meaning if you only have 1-5 veries you have to display them? After that you can pick & choose which you want to display.

Anyway, as said just an idle thought during a late cup of tea. I didn't expect many to answer tbf as if it happened it would also upset the status quo with regard to numbers. Something the site seem dead against even if overall it might improve matters for all.

S

» Add a new message to this topic