FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Single guy advice??

Single guy advice??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone. New to forums. I’m not having much luck on this site, mainly due to all the douches, or fakes or d*unk horny desperate guys. I’m not getting a chance as getting tarred under same brush. How can I get involved more? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Hi, welcome to the forum...I doubt anyone is having 'any luck ' depending on what you mean by that....No one is meeting due to covid x

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Try writing a profile thats not more generic then the UK top 10 pop chats and use message filters to block men instead of writing it.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Hi everyone. New to forums. I’m not having much luck on this site, mainly due to all the douches, or fakes or d*unk horny desperate guys. I’m not getting a chance as getting tarred under same brush. How can I get involved more? X"

By "not much luck" do you mean you've not been able to arrange a meet yet? If that's what you mean and you can't work out the answer for yourself......

By "get involved more" do you mean the forums or the swinging lifestyle? If you mean the forums, you've already done that (green arrow) if you mean the Lifestyle, see above.

If you don't want to be contacted by men, use your filters.

How do you know the profiles you mention are fake?

E

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi everyone. New to forums. I’m not having much luck on this site, mainly due to all the douches, or fakes or d*unk horny desperate guys. I’m not getting a chance as getting tarred under same brush. How can I get involved more? X"

You’re not tarred by any brush but your own on fab and just for a little heads up check out which forum you have posted this thread in!!!!

Join in the forums

Don’t take them off piste as you have done on another thread.

Best of luck newbie!!

T

"Hi everyone. New to forums. I’m not having much luck on this site, mainly due to all the douches, or fakes or d*unk horny desperate guys. I’m not getting a chance as getting tarred under same brush. How can I get involved more? X

You’re not tarred by any brush but your own on fab and just for a little heads up check out which forum you have posted this thread in!!!!

"

^ this. Pet hate of mine!

What would you say in your profile makes you stand out from the others?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Currently you're quite rightly tarred with the

"Whiney male" with "meh" profile "blames others for his own short comings" brush

When or if you realise that luck has no part and you are the master of your own destiny you might reap the rewards that await

My personal experience is

Threads by men such as yourself make fab far less challenging than if there was actually some competition

1) we're in a pandemic, of course you're not having much luck (2) don't blame other guys for your lack of success, it isn't classy or attractive.

Your lack of success is most likely due to a combination of it being a bad time to join, you needing to put more effort into your profile (including getting verified) better messages and a bit of patience.

A lot of guys come onto this site expecting it to be easy to get meets and full of women who will meet at the drop of the hat, and then get disheartened when that isn't the case.

"1) we're in a pandemic, of course you're not having much luck (2) don't blame other guys for your lack of success, it isn't classy or attractive.

Your lack of success is most likely due to a combination of it being a bad time to join, you needing to put more effort into your profile (including getting verified) better messages and a bit of patience.

A lot of guys come onto this site expecting it to be easy to get meets and full of women who will meet at the drop of the hat, and then get disheartened when that isn't the case. "

Having been a member of FAB for many years i fully agree with the above.

For most of the time you have been here OP, the country has been in 3 lockdowns. No one is supposed to be meeting anyway. If you are approaching members with a view to meeting, that on it's own could help explain your lack of success.

Your profile will almost certainly be confusing to some,"Not interested in anything to do with men" you then list your friends, all of them are TV/TS ?

Certainly a lot of couples will just move on to another profile after reading that.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

When you opened your profile you didn't bother to write anything so it automatically added a message for you _ased on the information you gave when signing up: I am a 33 year old straight man and I'm looking to meet women. As you are now 35 and looking for more than just single women it goes to show you have put no effort into your profile for over two years.

If you consider that your profile is your shop window and with one quick glance most people will make their minds up whether to meet or even reply, what does a lazy approach to your profile show about you?

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Noy much luck? What does that mean? Are you expecting females/couples to contact you or are you contacting them or both?

We wouldn't contact you _ased on your current profile but that's just our opinion. It's little more than a list of ticked boxes and doesn't convey anything meaningful about you. It shows a general lack of effort which doesn't add to your appeal or give the impression that you are very selective other than not being interested in other men.

If you are sending out messages, what sort? One liners? Or are you making an effort to read their profiles and compile messages to suit. To get results here requires some effort because guys hugely outnumber females/couples.

If we were to receive a one liner from you we would ignore it because ours clearly states that we don't want one line messages & that would tell us you hadn't bothered to read it. Lots of females and couples here also ignore one liners because they're just lazy and we receive so many of them every day.

If on the other hand you actually read our profile and then wrote a nice long message commenting on it and conveying how you were in tune with what we're looking for, we'd definitely read your profile. At that point, though, we'd be sadly disappointed for the reasons oulined above.

Winks, lazy one line messages and poor profiles really don't work at all well. Put more effort in and be different from the crowd then you'll have a much better chance of being noticed.

By *konCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Honestly ?

Your profile is generic profile number 989657

You’re a single man

You can’t accommodate

It’s covid time

1 in 989657 chance of meeting anyone

Sorry , but that’s the truth if it on here

"Honestly ?

You’re a single man

You can’t accommodate

It’s covid time

"

But he is better than the others!

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Update your profile text; you’re not 33 any more, and having been here over a year now, you’re not “new in here” either.

Rewrite the part about being “tarred with the same brush” too, it makes you sound embittered . Put down something like “I’ve been in here a while now, finding my feet, working out what I’m looking for/hoping to find when covid is over” etc.

A couple of updated pics wouldn’t go amiss either; NOBODY has any excuse for out of date pics on their profiles these days, especially with the lockdowns!

Be wary of profiles without any pics on display; it could be a solo male pretending to be a female/couple, they should be at least photo-verified by the site as a minimum.

As for getting more involved; just chat shit in the forums. Works for me

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

I can only comment on my own experience. This is my second time on fab over a six year period. Because single guys are two a penny on here you have to commit to here for the long haul. Like any social media platform it takes time to build a good profile with good content and time to build your network of friends and followers. You have no market yourself to get noticed. Took me two years to get anywhere

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Don't be a cunt.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the replies. I can’t really say anything as I agree with most the points people have said. I will take some the advice on board for sure.

By *ndecidedMan  over a year ago

London

What you have to do is message and wink at all the women and couples. Even if you live 500miles away. And send dick pics, girls love those.

And if they don't reply, swear at them, call em fat and then cry into your Pot Noodle!

It'll be just as lonely as before Fab but at least now your noodle's got company!

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Bournmouth

"Honestly ?

You’re a single man

You can’t accommodate

It’s covid time

But he is better than the others! "

In that case 1 in 900,000

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan  over a year ago

stockport wasteland

"Hi everyone. New to forums. I’m not having much luck on this site, mainly due to all the douches, or fakes or d*unk horny desperate guys. I’m not getting a chance as getting tarred under same brush. How can I get involved more? X

Loving it. Mate 100% on the button, i thank him for being 1 less challenger

Currently you're quite rightly tarred with the

"Whiney male" with "meh" profile "blames others for his own short comings" brush

When or if you realise that luck has no part and you are the master of your own destiny you might reap the rewards that await

My personal experience is

Threads by men such as yourself make fab far less challenging than if there was actually some competition

"

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Thanks for the replies. I can’t really say anything as I agree with most the points people have said. I will take some the advice on board for sure. "

Or not actually do a thing! Not even blocked men from messaging, good luck op

"Thanks for the replies. I can’t really say anything as I agree with most the points people have said. I will take some the advice on board for sure.

Or not actually do a thing! Not even blocked men from messaging, good luck op"

Just our thoughts as well.

You've been on the site for over a year and yet you say you're new to this. You're 33 in your text and yet Fab says you're 35. This shows you can't be bothered to update your profile.

The other thing is that you must make clearer what you want. "Open to most things" is no good - it'll just waste people's time.

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

OP's profile is bland and boring. It not remotely enticing.

Irrespective of that, he's not likely to get any 'action' for many months yet whilst Covid prevails.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Thanks for the replies. I can’t really say anything as I agree with most the points people have said. I will take some the advice on board for sure.

Or not actually do a thing! Not even blocked men from messaging, good luck op"

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.....

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

"Thanks for the replies. I can’t really say anything as I agree with most the points people have said. I will take some the advice on board for sure. "

You have said that op but you clearly haven’t taken that advice on as the bio is still the exact same. Your bio should reflect you and your personality look at some other male profiles and see what they are doing right. Some updated pictures wouldn’t go amiss either and you are only tarring yourself with the lack of effort.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Hi well be creative in your bio things like what makes you tick what you are interested in or hoping to accomplish type of person you maybe looking for any fantasies or things you'd like to try this could be a group thing or any scenario just so it makes the bio interesting browsing other profiles helps giving you ideas and I wouldn't recommend copy and paste but make it your own take your time just add little bits at a time unless you already have a great idea...

Good luck pal

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Bumped..

By *andkitten2Couple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Still hasn’t taken advice

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Op you have a decent face and a decent body. If you actually took the advice given you could really make this site work for you

By *ove and DuckCouple  over a year ago

Between Sheffield & Chesterfield.

Update your profile text; you’re not 33 any more, and having been here over a year now, you’re not “new in here” either.

Rewrite the part about being “tarred with the same brush” too, it makes you sound embittered . Put down something like “I’ve been in here a while now, finding my feet, working out what I’m looking for/hoping to find when covid is over” etc.

A couple of updated pics wouldn’t go amiss either; NOBODY has any excuse for out of date pics on their profiles these days, especially with the lockdowns!

Be wary of profiles without any pics on display; it could be a solo male pretending to be a female/couple, they should be at least photo-verified by the site as a minimum.

As for getting more involved; just chat shit in the forums. Works for me "

Yummy ??

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

‘Not having much luck’. Sex ain’t guaranteed if that’s what you mean.

OP imagine you’re in a wine bar, you spot a hottie you want to chat to, you wouldn’t adopt the approach you have on Fab would you? Treat us the same on line. Think how you can attract women and talk to them like they are human beings, some react well to it....think!!!!!!

Good luck to you.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Address your own failure and don't blame others. Always a good place to start.

The thing is, that there isn't much in your profile doesn't say anything about you being any different to what you describe.

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Bournmouth

So if I understand your post you aren’t having any luck due to all the other idiots on here?

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"So if I understand your post you aren’t having any luck due to all the other idiots on here?

"

I’m wondering what ‘not having much luck’ means? It’s a phrase used a lot in the forums. Sex isn’t guaranteed here but some guys think it is.

These moaning types of threads really baffle me....good reason for filters though.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

OP like me you are a single guy that can’t accommodate and that I believe works against us.My way round it was to make myself a bit more noticed by attending socials , joining a club and going to a spa. I gave out verifications and received verifications.The best advice I can offer you is wait until some of these restrictions are over and look to go to social and clubs.The club reviews page is now open so have a look at what is near to you or how far you are prepared to travel.You could do with adding a bit more to your profile. I have been advised that mine is a good profile so if you want you are quite welcome to have a look and see if there is anything you can take away and add to yours.Best of luck with everything.

"So if I understand your post you aren’t having any luck due to all the other idiots on here?

I’m wondering what ‘not having much luck’ means? It’s a phrase used a lot in the forums. Sex isn’t guaranteed here but some guys think it is.

These moaning types of threads really baffle me....good reason for filters though."

It baffles me too when they say had no luck.

It makes it sound like the sex lottery

this excuse that every other male is making things bad for you is utter bollox the only thing making things bad for you is ..you

people ruin it for themselves not others.... the main problem is your one of many and you have to stand out ... asking for advise on your profile will make your profile look like so many other boring profiles be you be yourself and put in your profile thing that only you know after all nobody know you like you...

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

chat more on forums to show you're genuine? duno the answer as you will always going to be tainted on fab

Basically don’t be a creep and you’ll be ahead of 95% on single men on here lol.

» Add a new message to this topic