FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Depression and anxiety help

Depression and anxiety help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heEvilWithin OP   Woman  over a year ago

Barnsley

Hey everyone,

This is a help post - not a let's chat people up post.

Lockdown has been hard for a lot of people including guys who need someone to talk to during this time. If anyone has any depression or anxiety issues then please pm me. I am not looking to meet anyone at the moment so please don't send me chat up messages.

I've been struggling with my own issues in lockdown and have found a lot of people to help me. I was a counsellor for 6 years. And I have found the best form of therapy is speaking to others in a similar situation.

I have posted a few status' and found a lot of people have messaged me in regards to this but I thought I'd make a forum post for women and men not in my area (so therefore haven't seen my status) that need help and advice.

I also have formal training with domestic violence along with suicide and body confidence issues so if any of these topics relate to how you feel then I can help. This is a no strings attached chat and will be strictly confidential.

Thanks,

TheEvilWithin

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe post in the Lounge too. Many people have discussed similar and found help in there. It's a busier forum section too.

Barnsley

Thank you. Have made the same post in there too!

I can relate to this post following a period of anxiety and depression . I would strongly urge anyone suffering not to suffer alone and seek counselling FIRST AND FOREMOST . I have had phone counselling throuout 2020 and I can happily say that it has made me able to move on and cope with the illness .

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

What a lovely thing to do, it’s been a tough year with all the normal stressors in folks life feeling more intense.

I hope you are remembering to look after yourself while offering this to others. I know it can be suffocating x

Barnsley

"What a lovely thing to do, it’s been a tough year with all the normal stressors in folks life feeling more intense.

I hope you are remembering to look after yourself while offering this to others. I know it can be suffocating x"

Yes. I think almost it's therapeutic speaking to others in a similar situation because it doesn't make you feel so alone. But counselling is definitely recommended for those needing help. But in the meantime I am here for anyone. Please don't abuse this by sending me chat up lines though!

professional help should alway be seeked after for these things

not doubting you op but there are a lot of folk online who are not what they say they are or in the profession they say they are in

bit like a guy i knew on here who told everyone he was a serving marine but in fact i saw him every time i popped into my local asda on the tills

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"professional help should alway be seeked after for these things

not doubting you op but there are a lot of folk online who are not what they say they are or in the profession they say they are in

bit like a guy i knew on here who told everyone he was a serving marine but in fact i saw him every time i popped into my local asda on the tills

"

That’s good point.

It would be bad if expertise was claimed and it was untrue. I think Fab can be a very good source of support for people with mental health concerns though. In my ten years on here, there’s been some execellent threads where people have really come together and been there for each other.

I think there is a welcome for it, so long as its people people speaking in personal capacity, and it’s not a substitute for proper professional help. I’ve certainly benfitted from threads on here .

Barnsley

"

That's OK. Can definitely confirm I don't work on the tills at asda. Although, at the moment I'd take that job as I shut my business in January.

Also got a psychology degree and 3 specific counselling qualifications along with 6 years experience working at a practice and then 5 years freelance (although I don't count these because that was more of a side project for free).

As for people who pretend to be something they aren't I've never found that an attractive quality. I use my real name, have full pictures of myself and have been nothing but honest about who I am. Whilst I appreciate and understand your criticism it would be unethical to offer confidential help without having the experience or qualifications to back that up..

I also have almost 200 verifications and can confirm that I am actually a real person. This was supposed to be a help post and I feel like demeaning that is a little negative. Although I do know that the forum lot don't like when attention is taken away from them and this is why I dislike the site sometimes.

West Wales and Cardiff

That's OK. Can definitely confirm I don't work on the tills at asda. Although, at the moment I'd take that job as I shut my business in January.

Also got a psychology degree and 3 specific counselling qualifications along with 6 years experience working at a practice and then 5 years freelance (although I don't count these because that was more of a side project for free).

As for people who pretend to be something they aren't I've never found that an attractive quality. I use my real name, have full pictures of myself and have been nothing but honest about who I am. Whilst I appreciate and understand your criticism it would be unethical to offer confidential help without having the experience or qualifications to back that up..

I also have almost 200 verifications and can confirm that I am actually a real person. This was supposed to be a help post and I feel like demeaning that is a little negative. Although I do know that the forum lot don't like when attention is taken away from them and this is why I dislike the site sometimes. "

I don’t particularly like the wording of my post above, OP. Sorry!

I do think you’ve done a very nice thing in posting it, and I hope people come forward. I myself got helped on here in bad times, and will always cherish the support.

I guess I meant that people should see support on here as a wonderful added source of help (including from people who may haveca background in the field), rather than a substitute for help in the “real world”.

I hope that makes sense - good luck .

Not everyone can seek professional help, unfortunately.

I have been trying for 4 years, I have issues relating to trauma and very severe mental health conditions. Yet everyone I speak to says they can't help me, so I have just given up.

Barnsley

"Not everyone can seek professional help, unfortunately.

I have been trying for 4 years, I have issues relating to trauma and very severe mental health conditions. Yet everyone I speak to says they can't help me, so I have just given up. "

There isn't enough funding for help often and it's not a case of you can't be helped. Counselling is about getting people to work out ways they can help themselves rather than diagnosing and telling people what's wrong. So it's more of a support than a fix. If you need to chat then I'm here. And absolutely happy to help anyone, even if it's just meeting for a walk and a chat.

Barnsley

I also have almost 200 verifications and can confirm that I am actually a real person. This was supposed to be a help post and I feel like demeaning that is a little negative. Although I do know that the forum lot don't like when attention is taken away from them and this is why I dislike the site sometimes.

I do think you’ve done a very nice thing in posting it, and I hope people come forward. I myself got helped on here in bad times, and will always cherish the support.

I guess I meant that people should see support on here as a wonderful added source of help (including from people who may haveca background in the field), rather than a substitute for help in the “real world”.

I hope that makes sense - good luck ."

Totally understand what you mean now. I do agree. This site is unfortunately full of fakes and I completely get where you're coming from. But there are genuine people here and people who want to help so this is more of a I would like to help where I can and give back. Even if it's for a 5 min chat about someone's day. Just to give people a boost and to know there are people out there who care about others, even complete strangers.

West Wales and Cardiff

I hope that makes sense - good luck .

Totally understand what you mean now. I do agree. This site is unfortunately full of fakes and I completely get where you're coming from. But there are genuine people here and people who want to help so this is more of a I would like to help where I can and give back. Even if it's for a 5 min chat about someone's day. Just to give people a boost and to know there are people out there who care about others, even complete strangers. "

Totally get that - it’s very good of you, and I hope people take advantage of it.

Like, I said - I’ve been very impressed with the willingness of people to reach out to others on here. It helped me a lot, but I’ve seen many other examples too .

By *rofessor ElementalMan  over a year ago

Durham

What a wonderfully kind and empathic thing to do. You’re an earth Angel.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Great post op

Whilst only advice can be given and it's a positive outlook it can also give the person seeking ways to reevaluate circumstances rather than telling someone what they should or shouldn't done, it's lovely always seeing someone willing to reach out.

That was a lovely peice. I have and continue to suffer with depression. Sometimes it feels like I'm getting on top of things but then I get hit by something and it feels like a sledgehammer going straight through me. Of anyone wants to just talk, say hi maybe, even become friends then I'm always here.

By *havvie80Man  over a year ago

around

"Hey everyone,

Lockdown has been hard for a lot of people including guys who need someone to talk to during this time. If anyone has any depression or anxiety issues then please pm me. I am not looking to meet anyone at the moment so please don't send me chat up messages.

I've been struggling with my own issues in lockdown and have found a lot of people to help me. I was a counsellor for 6 years. And I have found the best form of therapy is speaking to others in a similar situation.

I have posted a few status' and found a lot of people have messaged me in regards to this but I thought I'd make a forum post for women and men not in my area (so therefore haven't seen my status) that need help and advice.

I also have formal training with domestic violence along with suicide and body confidence issues so if any of these topics relate to how you feel then I can help. This is a no strings attached chat and will be strictly confidential.

Thanks,

TheEvilWithin "

What a lovely and very kind thing to do. Hope your keeping well yourself and stay safe.

By *heekyweebissimWoman  over a year ago

fife,

"What a lovely thing to do, it’s been a tough year with all the normal stressors in folks life feeling more intense.

I hope you are remembering to look after yourself while offering this to others. I know it can be suffocating x

Yes. I think almost it's therapeutic speaking to others in a similar situation because it doesn't make you feel so alone. But counselling is definitely recommended for those needing help. But in the meantime I am here for anyone. Please don't abuse this by sending me chat up lines though! "

Hope it goes well for all involved OP but I had no intention for sending you chat up lines, don’t be worring yourself about that!

By *iveralandssklpMan  over a year ago

Turkey

"Hey everyone,

Thanks,

TheEvilWithin "

What a wonderful woman you are.

I am in Turkey and my wife has been stranded in England since the beginning of December and her flight back to Turkey keeps getting cancelled

I miss her so much and get really low at times.

If only there were more people like you around. The world would be a far better place xx

Barnsley

Thanks to everyone so far who has posted here but also the overwhelming amount of messages I have received.

I just want to say to women that I am a huge supporter of other women and completely non judgemental. I like to lift other women up and make them feel good about themselves. So please don't think that I am a bitchy judgemental person that won't reply to you because you're a woman!

Also bumping the thread for people who need someone to chat to! Copying this to my other post.

Happy Wednesday people!

I have been battling with depression and anxiety most of my life, nothing helped anti depressants always came with crazy side effects, counselling didn’t help also cognitive behavioural therapy made things a worse, I think I have just got to a place where I’ve accepted I am completely fucked up in the head and might as well just accept the fact and get on with life

» Add a new message to this topic