FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Any red flags to watch out for?

Any red flags to watch out for?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *i_guy4u OP   Man  over a year ago

Travelling

Anyone share any tips and or red flags to watch for for any known scams on this site?

One I've heard of is to be wary of anyone trying to get you to chat off site (eg kik). Not sure why, I'm guessing it's so you can't report them on this site??

Anything else to be mindful of that might indicate someone looking for payment or not a genuine meet.

Cheers, Tony

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Chatting on kik isn't a scam I have found. I've been on kik for years. I think if men want an uninterrupted conversation without long time in between messages then they usually ask is there anywhere else where we can talk properly. Also enables videos to be sent in messages unlike here.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"Anyone share any tips and or red flags to watch for for any known scams on this site?

One I've heard of is to be wary of anyone trying to get you to chat off site (eg kik). Not sure why, I'm guessing it's so you can't report them on this site??

Anything else to be mindful of that might indicate someone looking for payment or not a genuine meet.

Cheers, Tony "

Snapchat. If they’ve got their Snapchat name in the bio or status, aged early 20s, and show full face in pics then it’s 100% someone selling their Snapchat premium and not interested in swinging.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Just go on the age old adage of " If it seems to good to be true" and you won't go far wrong.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

As a single guy the wrong side of 50 I occasionally received messages from young ladies under 30.After 2-3 message they ask would you like to chat on kik when I have said yes the opening messages on kik seem to want to sell me videos , nude pictures and even a sugar daddy arrangement.Whilst I feel kik is a safe way to keep in contact it’s also a way for a scammer to get your off a fairly secure site like this one and then perhaps you are more open to be tricked out of your money.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

When you chat with a couple and arrange a meet, but the person on the other end still want's a detailed breakdown of "what you would do to her".

Normally just the male looking for wank fodder.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Anyone share any tips and or red flags to watch for for any known scams on this site?

Cheers, Tony "

If it seems to good to be true it probably is.

Go with your gut feeling and don't let your c..k over rule you

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

I agree with Kik. It can be a good way to keep in touch with people but a lot of the times they want to share more pics or videos.

Snapchat- I am not looking for anyone younger than certain age so can't really comment on this.

As a woman on Fab, over the years (this is not my first profile) I have developed quite a good gut instinct. I can't exactly say why it puts me off certain people as most of the time they say all the right things. However, there is that nagging feeling that something is not right.

Usual red flags for me (and a lot of others, I would think):

1) "woman", has been on site for over a year, not even photo verified- thanks, but I'll pass

2) "man"- "can't accommodate" most of the time means they are attached and playing without permission

3) "couple"- a woman is "very bi" yet either has "bi-curious" as the label or, when you asked them what experience she has had, they eventually admit she has none but she "really wants to play". Be honest with me from the beginning, as we all had to start somewhere.

Those are just some of my red flags.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Big red flag for me is anti-mask or anti-vax sentiment. If they demonstrably give so few fucks about the well-being of other people, would you trust their sexual health decisions?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Cheers, Tony "

Some people prefer to chat via other means because it's easier than receiving loads of messages from others and unable to keep track of the conversation peacefully I chat with others who I have contacted with plus the chats remain intact, but use your gut instinct for the obvious it's not difficult.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We'd only take things to kik if they are double verified.

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

Major red flag is people who say they want safe sex but will bareback with the right people....

Mind blown....

By *pencoupleslCouple  over a year ago

South London/Surrey

Cheers, Tony

Snapchat. If they’ve got their Snapchat name in the bio or status, aged early 20s, and show full face in pics then it’s 100% someone selling their Snapchat premium and not interested in swinging. "

We use Snapchat all the time.... definitely not in our 20s and not selling premiums.... Much more user friendly that Kik and a lot less bots.... Kik also doesn't work properly on both of our phones so Snapchat is a great way to have three way convos and also verify that we are a couple

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

We used to think chatting off site was only suggested for nefarious reasons but have found that there actually are benefits.

More than one person chatting

Being able to give people links

Posting pics without having them censored

Mentioning topics that are legal but the moderators seem to think aren't

I'm sure there are more.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

For me I would keep everything on-site until you've met in person, even if it's just for a social. That way if you want to block them it's only on here and they've not got any more personal information on you.

Other red flags for me would always be photos, especially the backgrounds. Non smokers with full ashtrays, European/American power outlets, single guys with perfume/make up tables etc (though they may crossdress?), very blurry/tiny pics (even my 10 year old iPhone can take a reasonable pic!) Pay attention to the details and see if they match what you're being sold

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Anyone who refuses to send face pics or phone number.

KIK hides your mobile number so fakes use it.

Couples where one partner (almost universally the male) are in town and “allowed to play” despite having never spoken to or met the female!

Single girls who are bi looking for couples but then announce they only meet with their partner! Erm so not a single girl!

Cheers, Tony "

Kik is often a sign of a scammer, not always I know.

Kik not being verifiable and not needing phone number etc is often the choice of the fakes, whereas WhatsApp and phone chat etc will send them running for cover.

If folks won’t provide a phone number it always heightens are suspicions in many cases.

Brighton

Cheers, Tony

Kik not being verifiable and not needing phone number etc is often the choice of the fakes, whereas WhatsApp and phone chat etc will send them running for cover.

If folks won’t provide a phone number it always heightens are suspicions in many cases. "

Everton

"

2) "man"- "can't accommodate" most of the time means they are attached and playing without permission

Those are just some of my red flags. "

I have my kids 50% of the week so I cannot always accom. I’m not attached nor am I playing without permission.

I know you said “most of the time”, I’m just explaining to the OP that this isn’t always a red flag x

Brighton

"

I have my kids 50% of the week so I cannot always accom. I’m not attached nor am I playing without permission.

I know you said “most of the time”, I’m just explaining to the OP that this isn’t always a red flag x"

Anyone half decent will respect that but it wouldn’t hurt to explain that on your profile (on the very slim chance anyone bothers to read them )

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

Kik definitely isn't a scam for me.

I have the cock blocker on my phone so can't access fab unless I'm on WiFi so I invite the guys I'm interested in over to kik so I can keep chatting to them while out and about. Saves me from having to give out my personal number until I'm ready to.

LEEDS

"

I know you said “most of the time”, I’m just explaining to the OP that this isn’t always a red flag x"

I wouldn't class a guy who can't accommodate as a red flag. Plenty of singles live in shared houses to keep costs down.

Everton

"

I know you said “most of the time”, I’m just explaining to the OP that this isn’t always a red flag x

Anyone half decent will respect that but it wouldn’t hurt to explain that on your profile (on the very slim chance anyone bothers to read them )"

I stopped changing it after a while. Leave it at can accom now. Just don’t make arrangements for when they’re here lol

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Chatting on other apps can be handier to use at times rather than online here all the time so someone asking for that I don't mind if I want to chat off here. But I won't give out my phone number or any app that would mean someone would get my phone number. I very rarely give out my number on here. And I know people who have been traced to their Facebook etc by people who had their number.

Also if someone is asking a lot of personal questions and wanting you to give pictures etc but giving very little away themselves it would be something I'd be very wary of.

Someone who says they do not accomadate doesn't bother me as there are lots of reasons people won't especially with someone they don't know . I know I won't as I'm not bringing people I don't know to my home I have no issue if its someone I know and trust but I have don't accomadate on my profile to stop people thinking I will and I don't think it is any different for a man on here than a woman who won't want strangers in their home straight away.

Usually if you are on here for a while you get to spot things that are red flags and usually go by your own intuition if it doesn't feel right walk away. If it looks too good to be true it usually is .

Brighton

"Kik definitely isn't a scam for me.

I have the cock blocker on my phone so can't access fab unless I'm on WiFi so I invite the guys I'm interested in over to kik so I can keep chatting to them while out and about. Saves me from having to give out my personal number until I'm ready to."

Why not switch it off?

Brighton

"Chatting on other apps can be handier to use at times rather than online here all the time so someone asking for that I don't mind if I want to chat off here. But I won't give out my phone number or any app that would mean someone would get my phone number. I very rarely give out my number on here. And I know people who have been traced to their Facebook etc by people who had their number.

Also if someone is asking a lot of personal questions and wanting you to give pictures etc but giving very little away themselves it would be something I'd be very wary of.

Someone who says they do not accomadate doesn't bother me as there are lots of reasons people won't especially with someone they don't know . I know I won't as I'm not bringing people I don't know to my home I have no issue if its someone I know and trust but I have don't accomadate on my profile to stop people thinking I will and I don't think it is any different for a man on here than a woman who won't want strangers in their home straight away.

Usually if you are on here for a while you get to spot things that are red flags and usually go by your own intuition if it doesn't feel right walk away. If it looks too good to be true it usually is ."

Phones and sims are so cheap now, why not just get a “burner phone” or “naughty/swinger phone”? If you get nuisance calls just block.

By *tag_vixen_glaCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have the cock blocker on my phone so can't access fab unless I'm on WiFi so I invite the guys I'm interested in over to kik so I can keep chatting to them while out and about. Saves me from having to give out my personal number until I'm ready to.

Why not switch it off? "

I was gonna suggest the same thing, first thing I did when I set up the new contract, ha ha.

Although if after a few messages I think there’s a connection I also prefer to chat elsewhere.

LEEDS

Why not switch it off? "

Nothing the right ID for Giffgaff to do it

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Personally I have used kik for a number of years so I don’t need to give out my phone number. Unfortunately like most things the few spoil it for the rest of us.

I can’t accommodate as my adult kids live with me and I know several single parents on here. I’m in the same situation so it’s not always a red flag.

Profiles with ‘Can accommodate’ and then they can’t for some reason is a red flag. They’ve suddenly got a flat mate or something similar

I always ask for a social meet in a public place, anyone who isn’t prepared to accept that doesn’t get a meet. It’s a red flag to me if they won’t respect your decision on this what else won’t they respect.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Chatting on other apps can be handier to use at times rather than online here all the time so someone asking for that I don't mind if I want to chat off here. But I won't give out my phone number or any app that would mean someone would get my phone number. I very rarely give out my number on here. And I know people who have been traced to their Facebook etc by people who had their number.

Usually if you are on here for a while you get to spot things that are red flags and usually go by your own intuition if it doesn't feel right walk away. If it looks too good to be true it usually is .

Phones and sims are so cheap now, why not just get a “burner phone” or “naughty/swinger phone”? If you get nuisance calls just block. "

Because I don't want the bother of two phones. I don't feel the need to give my number out on here if people don't like that it's fine they can move on.

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

"

Anyone half decent will respect that but it wouldn’t hurt to explain that on your profile (on the very slim chance anyone bothers to read them )"

Exactly that. Just explain on profile why you can't accommodate.

By *abriellajackCouple  over a year ago

Newport

We don't think asking to speak on kik is a sign of a scam. It's essential for us, especially when talking to couples. A 4 way group chat let's you see how invested both parts of the couple are and has ruled out numerous couples for us as one party had clearly been driving it and just dragging the other along with them.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm not a massive fan of Kik, simply because there's no web app, and typing on a touch screen is a total ball-ache compared to a physical keyboard.

Couple profiles where female is not playing at the moment.

Usually a single male with a couples profile so he can message people who block single males

Photo less profiles , the oh I can’t upload a photo on here , but if you give me your phone number I can send you one , or when the photos just don’t make sense , saw one profile when the cock was cut then not then cut , a tattoo was on hes leg then not again, gut instinct will always tell you

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I don’t give out my number unless I have actually met them, so kik can be handy. However mostly the men that ask to move off the site are after more explicit photos.

I also can’t accommodate because I have adult children living with me.

I always insist on a social first local to me. This means that even if they don’t turn up I usually have a good time out anyway.

By *ubmissive Couple4funCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

We use kik to avoid giving our number out

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

We have been on fab for years and there is only a hand full of people that have our personal number other wise we use kick

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Cheers, Tony

If folks won’t provide a phone number it always heightens are suspicions in many cases. "

I never share my number with people I haven't met.

Cheers, Tony

If folks won’t provide a phone number it always heightens are suspicions in many cases.

I never share my number with people I haven't met."

Stay clear of me good advice right there

By *harlotteBigBoobsWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Can't accommodate doesn't automatically mean there attached. Im 42 and most definitely single and no children but can't accommodate as I have other family members living with me x

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Someone who puts no effort into a conversation is a red flag to me. You can quickly tell if someone is just "responding to messages" rather than engaging in conversation.

» Add a new message to this topic