FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice please!!

Advice please!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aul and jenny OP   Couple  over a year ago

edmonton

Hi - we've been to clubs a couple of times which we really enjoyed and now we want to arrange a one to one meet. We've tried 3 times now and had problems each time!

1. We met but it was obvious the women did not want to be there so it was very awkward!

2. Meet arranged, lots of talk on the phone, all going well until she thought I was too nosey so cancelled and blocked us!

3. Thought we'd struck gold this time - great couple,meet arranged lots of talk between me and the lady on the phone and with the man on site - everything was great until a late night text conversation after a hard day at work - I misunderstood a comment as sarcasm which annoyed me (can't hear the tone of voice something is texted in!) so I texted back to say maybe he didn't want to meet us after all which he took the wrong way and said we obviously were not ready for swinging &preceded to cancel meet - I messaged to say we'd misunderstood each other and that we really did want to meet and could I phone to sort it out and he blocked us!!!

Is it us, or are the people on here just strange?! None of the 3 couples lived together - surely There must be some normal ordinary married couples like us (?!) or should we just stick to clubs? If so Abfabs or Our place for fun?!

Advice please

Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *stwoforfun2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk Area

These things happen unfortunately. We have had many great meets, in clubs, hosting parties and private meets, it's about what works for you.

Obviously the private meets are not working out, so I would say, restore your faith, go to a club and then arrange a private meet from there.

There are alot of time wasters about, but there are a great deal of very genuine people on this site, couples, single ladies and men.

You're not the only ones to get messed about, get cancelled, get blocked etc, it happens to us all.

Dont be put off hey. Good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just keep doing whats good for you it will come keep heads up good luck x

edmonton

Thanks guys x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Interesting, looks like we have seen both sides of the story

Hi

sometimes there is too much chat before a meet. Think a few conversation on here and then a quick phone chat so you can make sure people are who they say they are and then arrange to meet. Its hard on a phone and by text as you can't see the expressions on faces or the twinkle in the eye.

The only way you know if the chemistry is right for a play is by meeting face to face.

Hope that helps.

B&J,xx

"Interesting, looks like we have seen both sides of the story"

I was thinking the same thing....

Shame it works out like that sometimes, but there's more successes than failures in this game

Wolf

"Hi - we've been to clubs a couple of times which we really enjoyed and now we want to arrange a one to one meet. We've tried 3 times now and had problems each time!

1. We met but it was obvious the women did not want to be there so it was very awkward!

2. Meet arranged, lots of talk on the phone, all going well until she thought I was too nosey so cancelled and blocked us!

3. Thought we'd struck gold this time - great couple,meet arranged lots of talk between me and the lady on the phone and with the man on site - everything was great until a late night text conversation after a hard day at work - I misunderstood a comment as sarcasm which annoyed me (can't hear the tone of voice something is texted in!) so I texted back to say maybe he didn't want to meet us after all which he took the wrong way and said we obviously were not ready for swinging &preceded to cancel meet - I messaged to say we'd misunderstood each other and that we really did want to meet and could I phone to sort it out and he blocked us!!!

Is it us, or are the people on here just strange?! None of the 3 couples lived together - surely There must be some normal ordinary married couples like us (?!) or should we just stick to clubs? If so Abfabs or Our place for fun?!

Advice please

Thanks x"

mrs wet says , yes there are some very strange people on here,but the majority are nice, you just need to persevere.we have had our share,lol

"Interesting, looks like we have seen both sides of the story"

Maybe you should start with a single bloke and work your way up

people aint strange on here are they????

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"Hi - we've been to clubs a couple of times which we really enjoyed and now we want to arrange a one to one meet. We've tried 3 times now and had problems each time!

Advice please

Thanks x"

Whether or not the couple live together is irrelevent in my opinion, as there are plenty of meets involving couples that cancel at short notice for all sorts of reasons.

It sounds from reading this that either you have been really unlucky or maybe you have come across wrong to the couples in points 2 and 3 of your post.

For example both couples have ended up blocking you, one because they thought you were too nosey, the other because you say a late night text was misunderstood. Is that a coincidence or an issue with you.

Clearly I don't know the reasons why, maybe one or both of you asked too many questions, maybe you come across as nervous or inexperienced, maybe the meet in point 1 has caused an issue for you and therefore has caused you problems with meets 2 and 3.

The problem with texts is that sometimes they can be misinterpreted. Mind you theres a couple of couples I text or email regularly. Now I have a sarcastic sence of humour and pick up on expressions or language, but before I send a text or email out I often think how will that be read by the person recieveing it.

In conclusion it sounds to me like that little bit of annoyance on your behalf spoilt what perhaps would have been a great meet with a couple you describe in such glowing terms

I think it goes with the territory, you just have to keep the faith and slug through all the time wasters, wannabes, holier-than-tho's, and insane weirdos on here.

There are some very fun, very genuine people. When you find em, treat em right and enjoy

i think youve just been unlucky to be honest.

you sound ok to me so please dont let it put you off or get you down.

i know we sometimes get eager and want fun in an instant but as you know instant tea tastes bad.

so sometimes wanting a little for the pot to brew means a better cup.

good luck.

edmonton

"Interesting, looks like we have seen both sides of the story

"

Not sure what you mean by this pork & perky - care to explain?

"I think it goes with the territory, you just have to keep the faith and slug through all the time wasters, wannabes, holier-than-tho's, and insane weirdos on here."

some days they seem to descend in droves of kamikaze messengers...

"There are some very fun, very genuine people. When you find em, treat em right and enjoy "

And that makes having an account on the site very worthwhile... praise to 'em

Wolf

By *bend69Couple  over a year ago

twinkletown

Advice please

Thanks x"

there is alot of time wasters on here but suppose its same on other sites too?

we have arranged meets too and they back out at last minute? which to me i just cant see the point of arranging meet in first place! we were beginning to wonder if it was us? i went on a right one thinking i was a minger ? so we started going to clubs at least there you see what your getting and most of very genuine ppl ......good luck guys xx

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 29/08/12 18:14:13]

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

As bob said.... It's good to talk... Texting being cumbersome and prone to misinterpretation....

"Hi

sometimes there is too much chat before a meet. Think a few conversation on here and then a quick phone chat so you can make sure people are who they say they are and then arrange to meet. Its hard on a phone and by text as you can't see the expressions on faces or the twinkle in the eye.

The only way you know if the chemistry is right for a play is by meeting face to face.

Hope that helps.

B&J,xx"

» Add a new message to this topic