FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fakes

Fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I recently, after an exchange of 5 or 6 messages, arranged to travel to meet what I thought was a genuine couple who lived fairly close. Upon arrival at the address given I sadly found it didn’t exist and attempts to contact the couple by phone went answered. The following day I reported them putting it down to experience. However whilst browsing this weekend I noticed that the same couple are still on the site with original profile name. Why are we told to report fakes if no action is seemingly taken?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What action would you like to be taken on your say so of events?

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

The problem is, it's your word against theirs when it comes to a single report. It's a he said, she said situation with no way for fab to confirm it.

Stick to verified accounts. If multiple people report them then they'll get kicked I assume.

[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 16:59:48]

"The problem is, it's your word against theirs when it comes to a single report. It's a he said, she said situation with no way for fab to confirm it.

Stick to verified accounts. If multiple people report them then they'll get kicked I assume."

Thank you

Hi guys I have just returned from an unsuccessful social meet. I should have realised it was a time waster. Got the run around. They didn't know where I was sitting etc. And in the end didn't turn up. Messaged me after I had left and called me a time waster. Still live and learn. Had a nice hour by the sea.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"I recently, after an exchange of 5 or 6 messages, arranged to travel to meet what I thought was a genuine couple who lived fairly close. Upon arrival at the address given I sadly found it didn’t exist and attempts to contact the couple by phone went answered. The following day I reported them putting it down to experience. However whilst browsing this weekend I noticed that the same couple are still on the site with original profile name. Why are we told to report fakes if no action is seemingly taken?"

This is terrible and you have our sympathies. The best way of sorting out the fakes and fantasists is not to rush into anything. 5 or 6 messages is nothing. A sad guy posing as a couple whilst having a wank whilst talking to you about what you're going to do to his non-existant wife... Places like this are loaded with such people so it pays to take your time to assess those you are dealing with and see whether what they tell you really adds up over a period of time or whether you discover it all sounds/feels like a load of tosh.

When you're desperate to meet it's sooooo easy to act in haste then repent at leisure. Countless scams are run just like that and the sad truth is that people still fall for them.

We've been misled before but learned our lesson. Now we are so much more thorough when deciding whom to meet and never rush it. Try it.

"I recently, after an exchange of 5 or 6 messages, arranged to travel to meet what I thought was a genuine couple who lived fairly close. Upon arrival at the address given I sadly found it didn’t exist and attempts to contact the couple by phone went answered. The following day I reported them putting it down to experience. However whilst browsing this weekend I noticed that the same couple are still on the site with original profile name. Why are we told to report fakes if no action is seemingly taken?

This is terrible and you have our sympathies. The best way of sorting out the fakes and fantasists is not to rush into anything. 5 or 6 messages is nothing. A sad guy posing as a couple whilst having a wank whilst talking to you about what you're going to do to his non-existant wife... Places like this are loaded with such people so it pays to take your time to assess those you are dealing with and see whether what they tell you really adds up over a period of time or whether you discover it all sounds/feels like a load of tosh.

When you're desperate to meet it's sooooo easy to act in haste then repent at leisure. Countless scams are run just like that and the sad truth is that people still fall for them.

We've been misled before but learned our lesson. Now we are so much more thorough when deciding whom to meet and never rush it. Try it.

"

Thanks

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

It happens !! and we've all had lame excuses or last minute cancellations or even just no shows just put it down to a learning experience and move on and they'll be caught out eventually and then no doubt leave and only return under a different name and being on here is a bit like the child's game " Wack a mole" as soon as you spot one fake and....another one pops up !! and then another one ...and it's a mystery why though ?? but just sad lonely git's ??

By *educerMan  over a year ago

Brentwood

There has always been and will always be time wasters. After a while you spot them a mile off, sad really but that’s life….

Last nite l got a message out the blue from the guy from a couple asking for a meet , l replied politely and he said it was with him and another woman ,not his partner and another couple ,further messages with confusing timescales ,vague locations.

I think they covering the backstop in case they get let down themselves, when they get rumbled they dont even read my polite reply . Happens too often really , will give the site a while to settle down after lockdown .

By *hileas-FoggMan  over a year ago

inverurie

Afraid it's fairly common even when your verified like I used to be. Some people just like to chat it can be one message or one hundred and still do it just keep trying there are genuine people out thare

By *hatalovelypairCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Yep.

We have learnt our lesson with fake profiles. Never actually arranged meets but turned out to be fake after lots of messaging and what we though was building up a relationship.

We only bother with fab and meet verified now.

Way too many fakes on here unfortunately.

But equally...lots of genuine people.

"Yep.

We have learnt our lesson with fake profiles. Never actually arranged meets but turned out to be fake after lots of messaging and what we though was building up a relationship.

We only bother with fab and meet verified now.

Way too many fakes on here unfortunately.

But equally...lots of genuine people. "

Same here now but there are degrees of verification eg mostly webcam verifications should set alarm bells ringing inasmuch as an actual physical meet is unlikely.

Oh yes I agree there are lots and lots of very genuine people on here.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Action is taken if admin can physically see an abusive message or the likes.

But meeting in person is just he said she said and admin can’t prove either way.

Don’t be too disheartened... happens to loads. Stick to the verified accounts and enjoy

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Always report.

If they have no physical evidence then it's just someone's word.

If they are doing it to multiple people and are reported multiple times I think admin might do something about it.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Unfortunately we have our fare share of fakes as a couple as a lot of singles do ,A lot on here just fantasise about meets .and get off on it ,any single males that contact us are given a choice ,Either attend a club or meet me for a social chat at there place .1 to check they are real 2 to check they are in fact single ,you may see by our verifications that most of our meets are at the club ,as the fakes lose there nerve ,we use site mainly for chat ,and only rely on clubs and parties to find genuine meets

» Add a new message to this topic