Reassurance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lexSteel OP   Man  over a year ago

Littleborough

[Removed by poster at 21/06/21 23:25:23]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Littleborough

Just a little background. I'm not having much luck on here as to be expected at my age which I understand. However I just arranged my first meet with a couple who have been on here for five months and haven't even been photo verified, they also didn't ask any questions other than do I want them to come pick me up from over 15 miles away (which I imagine doesn't happen often as a single male). They have however added me on Snapchat and I'm currently waiting for a picture of both of them.

Would love anyones outside opinion, should I be worried?

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

Wow, you are young to be at this game, and you've already been on the site over a year.

There are potential risks with anyone, even if you've been chatting for a long time.

I would suggest you have your own means of transport, then it is much easier to leave if you don't feel it's going right. Its also handy if you meet them somewhere that you can enjoy an evening even if they don't show.

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

Vx

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Everybody does things their own way, personally I would arrange my own transport, and I would see the pair of them on video chat together first. That way you can get a feel for each other.

Littleborough

Thanks for your time its much appreciated I'll keep all that in mind for my meet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You've arranged a meet without having seen a picture of them?

Wow

And you're still waiting for that picture?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I always say to adults of any age to apply the same rules to meeting strangers from the net that you would put in place for your loved family and friends. So

1. Always meet in a safe location where other people are present.

2. Never, ever get into a strangers car.

3. Always have enough money to get home.

4. Verify that they are who they say they are before you meet (as far as possible)

5. Never, ever go to a strangers home.

6. If you get there and there's any discrepancy between their description of themselves and reality, walk away.

7. Always tell someone where you're going, arrange a check in call and an approximate time you'll be home.

8. If you feel a moment's doubt don't go.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Oh and remain sober.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

And another thing. This is 2021, everyone has a mobile phone that takes pictures (except my dad but he's 94) and you still haven't seen a picture. That's enough for me to say have no more to do with them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"And another thing. This is 2021, everyone has a mobile phone that takes pictures (except my dad but he's 94) and you still haven't seen a picture. That's enough for me to say have no more to do with them. "

Exactly.

You're being played. This 'meet' isn't going to happen, and you'll be left standing around 15 miles from home.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"And another thing. This is 2021, everyone has a mobile phone that takes pictures (except my dad but he's 94) and you still haven't seen a picture. That's enough for me to say have no more to do with them.

Exactly.

You're being played. This 'meet' isn't going to happen, and you'll be left standing around 15 miles from home."

Or worse...

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"And another thing. This is 2021, everyone has a mobile phone that takes pictures (except my dad but he's 94) and you still haven't seen a picture. That's enough for me to say have no more to do with them.

Exactly.

You're being played. This 'meet' isn't going to happen, and you'll be left standing around 15 miles from home.

Or worse..."

I'd ask for pictures of their garden, see if they've started laying out a patio.

All joking aside, Mrs NC offers great advice, pretty much what I was going to suggest.

E

» Add a new message to this topic