FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Should I just delete my account and start again

Should I just delete my account and start again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustfortheforums OP   Woman  over a year ago

no

Hi guys sorry to be a pain but I’m really kinda starting to get a bit peeved off at the moment, I’ve taken on a lot of people’s feed back but I still feel like I’m not getting anywhere. I don’t know what else I can do. I read profiles thoroughly and carefully, I understand people are busy or scared but come on when I say I’m happy to meet socially I get ignored. Let me give an example of how most of my interactions have been like.

Me: hello how are you (talking to both of you) I see blah blah on your profile

Couple: hello how are you we are both well

All going great

But when I ask did they want to meet for a drink that’s when all the excuses come out.

Honestly all I want is a little bit of fun because I’m stressed from work. I know it’s a bit rambling but I don’t know how to explain well enough for others to understand because I understand what others are saying

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi guys sorry to be a pain but I’m really kinda starting to get a bit peeved off at the moment, I’ve taken on a lot of people’s feed back but I still feel like I’m not getting anywhere. I don’t know what else I can do. I read profiles thoroughly and carefully, I understand people are busy or scared but come on when I say I’m happy to meet socially I get ignored. Let me give an example of how most of my interactions have been like.

All going great

But when I ask did they want to meet for a drink that’s when all the excuses come out.

Honestly all I want is a little bit of fun because I’m stressed from work. I know it’s a bit rambling but I don’t know how to explain well enough for others to understand because I understand what others are saying "

5 days ago you had decided to delete fab and only meet people at clubs. Is it possible you're being impatient?

no

"Hi guys sorry to be a pain but I’m really kinda starting to get a bit peeved off at the moment, I’ve taken on a lot of people’s feed back but I still feel like I’m not getting anywhere. I don’t know what else I can do. I read profiles thoroughly and carefully, I understand people are busy or scared but come on when I say I’m happy to meet socially I get ignored. Let me give an example of how most of my interactions have been like.

All going great

Honestly all I want is a little bit of fun because I’m stressed from work. I know it’s a bit rambling but I don’t know how to explain well enough for others to understand because I understand what others are saying

5 days ago you had decided to delete fab and only meet people at clubs. Is it possible you're being impatient?"

5 days ago I did go to a club and did enjoy myself but I found that club wasn’t my cup of tea and I technically haven’t been impatient, not when you have people who still message you asking to meet even though their profile says they are meeting at clubs

By *nked_kittenWoman  over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

Not everyone wants to meet for socials. Yes woman have more choice on here but it can still be hard work to actually meet anyone. Like the guys get told...just need to be patient

All going great

5 days ago you had decided to delete fab and only meet people at clubs. Is it possible you're being impatient?

5 days ago I did go to a club and did enjoy myself but I found that club wasn’t my cup of tea and I technically haven’t been impatient, not when you have people who still message you asking to meet even though their profile says they are meeting at clubs"

You don't have any control over how other people interact or use the site. If you expect others to fit into your timescales, sometimes you'll be disappointed. Sometimes things will go well too. Maybe inconsistent rather than impatient then!

The comment we see most often is that for fab to be fun, you have to have 0 expectation of success. As a single woman, your chances are better than single guys and couples as ladies are always in demand. Doesn't mean that the people who contact you are the people you want to meet. If you're set on meeting people through here quickly, set up meets on the page, pick those who are well verified and whose profiles match what you want. Other than that there's not much you can do.

no

All going great

5 days ago I did go to a club and did enjoy myself but I found that club wasn’t my cup of tea and I technically haven’t been impatient, not when you have people who still message you asking to meet even though their profile says they are meeting at clubs

You don't have any control over how other people interact or use the site. If you expect others to fit into your timescales, sometimes you'll be disappointed. Sometimes things will go well too. Maybe inconsistent rather than impatient then!

The comment we see most often is that for fab to be fun, you have to have 0 expectation of success. As a single woman, your chances are better than single guys and couples as ladies are always in demand. Doesn't mean that the people who contact you are the people you want to meet. If you're set on meeting people through here quickly, set up meets on the page, pick those who are well verified and whose profiles match what you want. Other than that there's not much you can do."

Just to let you know that I lowered that bar a long time ago especially since lockdown and I’m not expecting someone to drop things at the drop of a hat to chill with me if you think that then go a head I’m just saying I’m just getting a little confused on why people send me long ass messages saying thank you for winking my account or thank you for this only to turn round and not reply when either they make a post saying chilling wanting to meet someone for fun or saying out right want to meet someone now, honestly I will be honest I’m not actually bothered if people are not interested then fine but don’t go complaining on here that I blocked you

All going great

The comment we see most often is that for fab to be fun, you have to have 0 expectation of success. As a single woman, your chances are better than single guys and couples as ladies are always in demand. Doesn't mean that the people who contact you are the people you want to meet. If you're set on meeting people through here quickly, set up meets on the page, pick those who are well verified and whose profiles match what you want. Other than that there's not much you can do.

Just to let you know that I lowered that bar a long time ago especially since lockdown and I’m not expecting someone to drop things at the drop of a hat to chill with me if you think that then go a head I’m just saying I’m just getting a little confused on why people send me long ass messages saying thank you for winking my account or thank you for this only to turn round and not reply when either they make a post saying chilling wanting to meet someone for fun or saying out right want to meet someone now, honestly I will be honest I’m not actually bothered if people are not interested then fine but don’t go complaining on here that I blocked you "

If you're not bothered, why start a post complaining about people not meeting your expectations!

All I'm saying is, you can't take anything on here personally, it means different things to different people. Next week you'll have met new people and had a great time.

Good luck!

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

To let you know OP, your face is visible in your pictures despite you saying you they are private due to your profession.

That aside, meet how you want to meet, people will always let you down, I believe you are looking for unicorns?

By *onguesandpunsMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

I've been on here over a year now and haven't had any luck with meets yet (although admittedly it is more difficult for single men). Have patience OP. I had a look at your profile and you're a very sexy woman - not a come on btw as I read your profile and am aware of your preferences, just giving you props. It will happen when it happens and let's not forget people are still coming to terms with the trauma of Covid-19 and lockdowns. Good luck to you

By *onguesandpunsMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

"To let you know OP, your face is visible in your pictures despite you saying you they are private due to your profession.

That aside, meet how you want to meet, people will always let you down, I believe you are looking for unicorns? "

Yes I was going to say that too. Go to account, then manage photos, tick the boxes for private and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I really think that we all have to use fab for the long game, if we're to have an increased match between our experience and our satisfaction.

It's reasonable to want something when we really need it, but this site's scope of service doesn't fully meet the fulfilment of this, as it relates to the people, their lives and preferences.

There are still very many of us who are not yet meeting, due to the virus.

The main thing that you can again change, are your expectations. Only you will have the precise knowledge of your locality. Each place is going to have fewer or more of the types of people who you'd match with. Perhaps your area isn't the most demanding of what you're needing and providing. Single people will always be potentially more in need of a quicker meet, as they haven't got a partner to satisfy them. Sometimes less is more - you may be communicating your needs almost perfectly but others are accepting that they aren't the perfect match for you.

no

"I really think that we all have to use fab for the long game, if we're to have an increased match between our experience and our satisfaction.

It's reasonable to want something when we really need it, but this site's scope of service doesn't fully meet the fulfilment of this, as it relates to the people, their lives and preferences.

There are still very many of us who are not yet meeting, due to the virus.

The main thing that you can again change, are your expectations. Only you will have the precise knowledge of your locality. Each place is going to have fewer or more of the types of people who you'd match with. Perhaps your area isn't the most demanding of what you're needing and providing. Single people will always be potentially more in need of a quicker meet, as they haven't got a partner to satisfy them. Sometimes less is more - you may be communicating your needs almost perfectly but others are accepting that they aren't the perfect match for you. "

By *ussybagderMan  over a year ago

Salford

Well come to mens world

1 Not everyone likes social so don't expect every coupl u message will say yes

2nd cose they looking to meet

Doesn't mean they looking to meet anyone

3rd when they say thank for the wink bla bla they just been nice doesn't mean they want to meet you

But for a single woman I don't understand why u struggling to meet

Maybe take ur time let the couples chase u

Or give the single guys a chance let them take u out for a drink n give u a good seeing wink wink

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

OP the heading on this thread is deleting the account and starting again.Why do you think starting again is the answer maybe take a break you can hide the profile so it stays hidden from others and come back when you feel ready. I have had a look at your profile and pictures and to me it comes across as a honest well written detailed profile and nice pictures.I know it’s frustrating when you are messaging someone then the messages stop and then you find yourself blocked but unfortunately that’s life on Fabs at times.For what it’s worth I would hide my profile take a break and come back refreshed.At the end of the day it’s your decision so best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

stop thinking it harder for guys and start thinking its extremely hard for guys ... clubs and socials are what puts many guys ahead of others..

also stop asking for advice because all that does is turn you into another boring profile like the zillions that have already asked your profile is you if you dont know you then what makes you think others will know .....

also the forums are a very tiny part most that do meet in real time dont frequent the forums so again your askin for advice from the tiny % most in the forums dont even meet it just a social media for them nothing more

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

All going great

Honestly all I want is a little bit of fun because I’m stressed from work. I know it’s a bit rambling but I don’t know how to explain well enough for others to understand because I understand what others are saying "

Your profwhile well written needs some clarity

Message to find out where you live yet you state your location twice in the text

Your photos show your face yet you imply being a carer you're trying to not make that public

You've been on 8mth and met in person...

Not bad going seeing the country has been in a pandemic

Lots of people took a break from fab to focus on life and family and safety.

Lots have returned but are nit yet looking to meet (this from readings on the other forum posts)

Some people have said that they've blocked lots of people based on activities and actions posted about during lockdowns...

Fab is always a mixed bag, can take ages sometimes to meet up with people and get interest, other times its like a rainstorm.

However you do need to consider joining in a pandemic maybe not the time and unfortunately you do need to have patience..

Oh and keep deleting and restarting thats a bad idea lots of people dont like new (time frame) profiles.. So keep the verifications and just hang in there

"

5 days ago I did go to a club and did enjoy myself but I found that club wasn’t my cup of tea and I technically haven’t been impatient, not when you have people who still message you asking to meet even though their profile says they are meeting at clubs"

The above is confusing OP as you started a thread 5 hours ago asking for club recommendations.

Also as a couple we wouldn’t message you as your profile states you are gay.

We would presume you were only looking for FF interaction.

The answer to your posted question OP is yes yes yes

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Another thought -

Something I really emphasise to men that most people will just not be compatible with most other people - and especially when 1 or both sides have very specific interests, which filters even more out. If we're all in a giant pyramid, there's a huge pile of people to pass by, as you reach for those at the pinnacle, or they raise themselves to yours.

In the meantime, reflect on what other pursuits you could engage with, that would at least add some alternative satisfaction and comfort to your life - albeit, not adding any sexual relief.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I’ve just tried to look at your profile and it’s hidden, so I can’t help.

no

All going great

Your profwhile well written needs some clarity

Message to find out where you live yet you state your location twice in the text

Your photos show your face yet you imply being a carer you're trying to not make that public

You've been on 8mth and met in person...

Not bad going seeing the country has been in a pandemic

Lots of people took a break from fab to focus on life and family and safety.

Lots have returned but are nit yet looking to meet (this from readings on the other forum posts)

Some people have said that they've blocked lots of people based on activities and actions posted about during lockdowns...

Fab is always a mixed bag, can take ages sometimes to meet up with people and get interest, other times its like a rainstorm.

However you do need to consider joining in a pandemic maybe not the time and unfortunately you do need to have patience..

Oh and keep deleting and restarting thats a bad idea lots of people dont like new (time frame) profiles.. So keep the verifications and just hang in there "

Honestly I totally understand what you are saying I’m not trying to push anyone to meet how do I put basically it’s not all couples on this website it’s like half percent and another half percent, like say for example I could message 100 couples profiles and 50 would get back to me which is cool but say like that 50 that got back to me will then be rude or not be interested anymore especially after asking for face pictures and another way to communicate, then you got the other 50 percent who literally just block me after the first message which is fantastic for me . And you say people are not meeting due to Covid and the virus. I have seen a few people put meet up posts up and nine times out of ten they are looking to meet that day I’m just saying. I’m going to make a blank post so some of yall can chill and understand what is going on for my profile because I have changed it to suit everyone and now I’m being told it’s wrong

no

"I’ve just tried to look at your profile and it’s hidden, so I can’t help. "

It’s okay I know what the problem is

OP, you shouldn’t change your profile to suit others. It will not be a true reflection of who you are. You could change it a thousand times and it still wouldn’t be right for some.

Just be you

I have the same problem, i send a message to someone i think i match with and then its either unread and deleted or i get no reply, I've upgraded my account i've verified myself and i'm polite, i have face pics and am willing to meet socially so i dont know what more i can do

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I have the same problem, i send a message to someone i think i match with and then its either unread and deleted or i get no reply, I've upgraded my account i've verified myself and i'm polite, i have face pics and am willing to meet socially so i dont know what more i can do"

Go to a club.

Forums can be incongruent people.

Clubs, face to face incongruous has no where to live.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

"I’ve just tried to look at your profile and it’s hidden, so I can’t help.

It’s okay I know what the problem is"

Then what is the problem?

As a single make on here, it’s very tough. I had a social today and have a meet tomorrow. So people are definitely meeting. But as you’ve hidden your profile, unfortunately, I cannot give you any constructive advice.

But deleting your account and restarting it won’t do you any favours. You’d still be messaging the same people but this time, they’ll see you as a new account and probably ignore you.

Best of luck on fab. I hope it all works out for you xxx

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

"I’ve just tried to look at your profile and it’s hidden, so I can’t help. "

Always thought a hidden profile was a way of saying "im not meeting", not a way of getting meets

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

All going great

Just to let you know that I lowered that bar a long time ago especially since lockdown and I’m not expecting someone to drop things at the drop of a hat to chill with me if you think that then go a head I’m just saying I’m just getting a little confused on why people send me long ass messages saying thank you for winking my account or thank you for this only to turn round and not reply when either they make a post saying chilling wanting to meet someone for fun or saying out right want to meet someone now, honestly I will be honest I’m not actually bothered if people are not interested then fine but don’t go complaining on here that I blocked you "

I think you are giving out really confused messages. Just chat on here and dont second judge other people's motives etc (there are numerous reasons why others may or may not be interested)

It isn't easy on Fab and I can fully understand your frustration. I'm more concerned about you saying your stressed, talk to someone.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Take a deep breath, stop getting frustrated and just chat to people, try to find the little bits of fab that are fun. Fab should just be a small part of your life which either provides a bit of enjoyment or is ignored completely.

As is said to many a single guy on here, be patient, chat politely, if they are not interested move on until you find somebody who is interested. Complaining about it will just turn off more and more people and get you nowhere.

If you’re fed up with fab, take time out. I was on before, had loads of fabs on my pics and verified. Deleted the profile and took me a bit to get them back.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

All going great

So how would a below your “normal bar” member feel great about meeting you?

Unless this is an analogy.

It's to early for this, I'll pop back later with an answer

By *ohnywrongunMan  over a year ago

Epping

I've just made some camomile tea,would anyone like a cup ?

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Ok now let's look at this from a couples point of view shall we.

They get an email from a single female who says they like the profile and wish to chat to them. Most couple will immediately be on the defensive (I know we are) as we expect the profile to be fake.

We will check the profile out, see if we like look of the photos, what's the write up like (does it match what we want) and do they have any verifications. All will have a baring on how we proceed. I can't comment on your profile it is hidden.

The next important step is how the conversation flows all too often we have found that we have to make the running after that first email as the responses from the single female will be one word or very short sentence. This causes us to give up, we don't care how many verifications the person has, how fantastic the photos look, if the conversation via email is crap we will very quickly give up. We have said time and time again on here the first message is not important it can be just a "hi" it is what follow that matters.

Similarly for most couples asking to meet more or less immediately will get a list of excuses and trust me they will be vague excuses from us so as to maintain our privacy. Like most people we have lives outside of fab that are way more important than meeting a desperate female who might want a bit of company or a shag.

The simple solution is to propose some dates in the future and get them to do the same. If they suddenly appear to have a full diary for the next two to three years just tell them you will leave it up to them and move on to the next couple.

I can't speak for others on here but with restrictions coming to an end we have a lot of vanilla stuff that was cancelled in the last 18 months or so that has now been rearranged. Add to that people are keen to meet be them old fab friends or new ones that we have chatted to over the last few months, meaning our diary is filling up very fast.

From your post I would suggest leaving fab, going and enjoying the summer with your friends and coming back when you are in a better frame of mind.

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

Fab is hard work for anyone these days and its not for everyone.

Delete your profile and take time to think about whether this the place for you.

no

Just to let everyone know that I’ve hidden my profile and I’m going on a break I have thought about a lot this weekend and I realise I need to come off fab block everyone who has not been interested and made excuses , and move on which honestly I hate explaining myself to everyone, but I’m not mad I haven’t let fab take over my life, it’s just that some people just make things more difficult and I know if I pulled the same stunts I would have abuse thrown my way. As I said before it’s select few couples that make me peeved I don’t know the best word. I couldn’t message people individually because that’s what I would rather

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Just to let everyone know that I’ve hidden my profile and I’m going on a break I have thought about a lot this weekend and I realise I need to come off fab block everyone who has not been interested and made excuses , and move on which honestly I hate explaining myself to everyone, but I’m not mad I haven’t let fab take over my life, it’s just that some people just make things more difficult and I know if I pulled the same stunts I would have abuse thrown my way. As I said before it’s select few couples that make me peeved I don’t know the best word. I couldn’t message people individually because that’s what I would rather "
. You have done the right thing.When I contributed on your thread I said hide your profile and take a break instead of deleting your profile and starting again.Go away enjoy your break and hopefully come back refreshed.Best of luck with everything.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 28/06/21 19:48:42]

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

All going great

Iknow for us we rarely arrange meets on here. We have busy lives and so we tend to leave meeting new people to at the clubs. I think that's probably the same for a lot of couples.

» Add a new message to this topic