FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How safe is safe sex now

How safe is safe sex now

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ounds like fun OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

We're both double vaccinated, ready to start having full safe sex again but how much of a risk is this?

Covid is still our concern. How can we decrease the risk? and how much of a risk is there of catching the virus through sex?

Your opinions and views on this subject please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

its all about numbers & distance, if you meet a small number of people & they are all double vaccinated the risk is low if you have a crowded sex party the risks are higher, breathing the same air is the big risk rater than sex but its difficult to have sex 2 meters away from someone!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

All take lateral flow tests 30 mins before meeting and keep face to face contact to a minimum. That's all I can suggest

By *ounds like fun OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Good points guys, lateral flow tests and doggy style, preferably outside should decrease the risk considerably.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

We have a friend who was double-vaccinated, has kept herself to herself since the start of this lockdown and finds herself in hospital with Covid19 and serious breathing difficulties at the moment, she’s only 55 !

It’s seriously made us look at our interaction with others going forwards.

I’m not try to scare anyone on here, far from it because I’ve been a bit of a Covid19 lockdown sceptic but this makes you thing wow, am I going to risk my health on anything that’s not necessary ?

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

About 10% to 35% at risk I think. Obviously the the higher the rate of viruse out the the more likely your to encounter someone who's got it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We have a friend who was double-vaccinated, has kept herself to herself since the start of this lockdown and finds herself in hospital with Covid19 and serious breathing difficulties at the moment, she’s only 55 !

I’m not try to scare anyone on here, far from it because I’ve been a bit of a Covid19 lockdown sceptic but this makes you thing wow, am I going to risk my health on anything that’s not necessary ?

"

Obviously she had an underlying health problem.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"We're both double vaccinated, ready to start having full safe sex again but how much of a risk is this?

Covid is still our concern. How can we decrease the risk? and how much of a risk is there of catching the virus through sex?

Your opinions and views on this subject please. "

A person or persons can still be infected with the virus regardless of being vaccinated with both vaccinations.

It would boil down to each individual person or persons the contact that has been had with them and others if they have been careful then just same as anyone else the risk becomes very low to no risk at all then it depends how/where meet as that could be a risk you need to think about the balance between who has been careful to are you meeting at a location that places a risk thinking about the people around you.

It depends if lots of things. Your health situation. How many people you intend to meet up. Is it a group or juts a couple/single. The test before is obvious. But a positive attitude is also a good help.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd push for correct use of the instant tests, waiting for results before having sex, if I was really very concerned. And probably choosing partners who were fully vaccinated and had time to develop immunity. They will be less infectious, on average.

You can also shower, not exchange body fluids and have very high levels of ventilation or sex outside. Hand sanitiser can be used too. Shorter bouts of sex could be less risky, as could wearing of masks. I'd take fast tests afterwards for a few days, to check if getting a positive result

"We have a friend who was double-vaccinated, has kept herself to herself since the start of this lockdown and finds herself in hospital with Covid19 and serious breathing difficulties at the moment, she’s only 55 !

"

My neighbour has it - he's male 56 never vaccinated, massively overweight. Been ill 4 days, had a full bottle of wine last night and his first ciggy.

What I'm trying to say, is that it effects everybody differently.

at some point we will have to accept covid isnt going anywhere, if you have ben vaccinated then if you catch it, it should be no worse than a bad cold/mild flue, infact i bet alot of people who think they have had a mild version of covid have infact had flue etc instead, covid is getting the blame for everything atm.

our attitude is, weve both had our jabs, so we will be carefull with sex with others, but no more than before, but would expect our meets to be jabed aswell, as we can still carry it and pass the virus on, but now alot of us have been jabed, we should not let it rule our lives, we will still wear masks in shops etc, but as flue seson is comming, well thats probably not a bad thing

"at some point we will have to accept covid isnt going anywhere, if you have ben vaccinated then if you catch it, it should be no worse than a bad cold/mild flue, infact i bet alot of people who think they have had a mild version of covid have infact had flue etc instead, covid is getting the blame for everything atm.

our attitude is, weve both had our jabs, so we will be carefull with sex with others, but no more than before, but would expect our meets to be jabed aswell, as we can still carry it and pass the virus on, but now alot of us have been jabed, we should not let it rule our lives, we will still wear masks in shops etc, but as flue seson is comming, well thats probably not a bad thing"

Well said - just to add - I think the best thing we can all do is look after ourselves. Eat as well as you can, vitamins, good night's sleep etc, exercise, even if it's just a little bit of something every day. All helps to minimise the symptoms....

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I feel the risk is low if all parties are doubly vaccinated, and even lower if you take a test before the meet.

Whatever answers others post here mean nothing. This is a personal choice that comes down to yourself and the level of risk you are comfortable with.

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 21/07/21 23:00:13]

Newcastle

"I feel the risk is low if all parties are doubly vaccinated, and even lower if you take a test before the meet.

Whatever answers others post here mean nothing. This is a personal choice that comes down to yourself and the level of risk you are comfortable with."

I'm guessing you've not seen the impact of the virus after a person has received both vaccinations then infected so how can you say that anyone elses comments should be ignored and are pointless because even taking a test before a meeting then meeting in a crowded location or even getting from A to B a person could get infected while traveling to the meeting

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ask and I know this won't be popular, avoid kissing.

"I feel the risk is low if all parties are doubly vaccinated, and even lower if you take a test before the meet.

Whatever answers others post here mean nothing. This is a personal choice that comes down to yourself and the level of risk you are comfortable with.

I'm guessing you've not seen the impact of the virus after a person has received both vaccinations then infected so how can you say that anyone elses comments should be ignored and are pointless because even taking a test before a meeting then meeting in a crowded location or even getting from A to B a person could get infected while traveling to the meeting"

Why are you on this site for then? Because Covid stay for a loooong time

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Just looked on line at office of National statistics ,from March to June 2020 there was 46736 deaths off Covid out of those deaths 4476 had no pre -existing conditions , in your age group 227 died ,this was before the vaccine which reduces death by U.K. to 90per cent , work out your risk

Newcastle

I'm guessing you've not seen the impact of the virus after a person has received both vaccinations then infected so how can you say that anyone elses comments should be ignored and are pointless because even taking a test before a meeting then meeting in a crowded location or even getting from A to B a person could get infected while traveling to the meeting

Why are you on this site for then? Because Covid stay for a loooong time "

Does it, have I mentioned that I'm meeting please use both parts of the brain because at no point have I spoke about myself meeting not that me being here has anything to do with you and it's staying that way

Newcastle

"Just looked on line at office of National statistics ,from March to June 2020 there was 46736 deaths off Covid out of those deaths 4476 had no pre -existing conditions , in your age group 227 died ,this was before the vaccine which reduces death by U.K. to 90per cent , work out your risk "

Working out any risk factors is from knowing how careful/careless people have been how much contact each have had with others or not at all to limited acting carefully reduces the risk to be able to enjoy to a degree not to exhaustion leaving yourself prone for infection which can be past on from one another

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

Difficult to advise, hopefully double vaccinated gives you a level of protection, assuming that you have a good immune response to the vaccine. That still doesn't mean you won't be the small percentage who will react badly to it.

It's all a balancing of risk against pleasure.

You will need to trust those who you play with, not to lie about taking a test, not to be spending time in high risk places because they think it's nothing to worry about. Or they think it's no more serious than catching flu, or who decided that their sex life is important so everyone is going to have to learn to live with it so they get their end away.

Will we be safer when this wave passes and we get boosters in the autumn...

» Add a new message to this topic