FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice on Organising a Social

Advice on Organising a Social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ave1963Barnsley OP   Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some advice on organising a social. I live in Colchester but sadly there seems to be no organised events in the area at all.

Given the fact that there appears to be no shortage of swingers locally I’m surprised there isn’t at least a monthly get together.

I’ve never attempted anything like this before and have absolutely no idea where to begin, so all advice will be gratefully received either on this thread or via private message.

Thanks so much for your help.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've never organised one but we've been to a few. From those experiences I'd say first find your location ensuring its either very private or you can sit somewhere.discreetly, then decide if you want to set limits on who attends with regard to numbers and ratio of men to women and couples.

Barnsley

As I see it the location will be the biggest problem. For a start, I'm not familiar with the pubs and bars in Colchester where some privacy would be possible having only moved to the town last July over which time we've mostly been in lockdown.

The more I ponder the problem the more I'm coming to the conclusion that I'd be better off doing some travelling and attending a couple of socials outside my area to get a feel for how it all works as well as being able to talk to the organisers.

Much research lies ahead methinks.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

We've thought about organising g something near us or maybe up in London. How do you get the word out? We can put up a meet and create a thread. Is there anything else that goes into it?

If there is something already organised by somebody else, how do we find them? Just look at the meets section or are there other clues?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The organisers of the socials we've attended used to put a thread up in the meets section.

Barnsley

"We've thought about organising g something near us or maybe up in London. How do you get the word out? We can put up a meet and create a thread. Is there anything else that goes into it?

If there is something already organised by somebody else, how do we find them? Just look at the meets section or are there other clues? "

I'd have thought the best way of getting the word out would be to post it on here. What about premises though?

Short of holding the social in a pub without privacy I'd have thought one would have to book a private function room or something similar?

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Devil here. I organized two socials in Bedford in 2018. Location is definitely important, even though for both mine we just had it a pub.

Be prepared for a lot of interest at first, mostly from single men. And a lot of questions along the lines:

- how many women/couples are coming?

- can I have sex at the venue?

- where is it?- asked when it is still plenty of time left before the social. Usually those people just want to be nosey, have no intention of turning up.

Most likely, you will need to limit the numbers for single men. Even though at least some of them are not going to turn up anyway.

Make sure you message everyone who said they'd be interested about a week before the planned social. Those who confirm, message the time and location about 2-3 days before.

For future reference, keep the details of those who didn't turn up so you don't invite them to future events (if you decide to hold any).

Barnsley

"Devil here. I organized two socials in Bedford in 2018. Location is definitely important, even though for both mine we just had it a pub.

Be prepared for a lot of interest at first, mostly from single men. And a lot of questions along the lines:

- how many women/couples are coming?

- can I have sex at the venue?

- where is it?- asked when it is still plenty of time left before the social. Usually those people just want to be nosey, have no intention of turning up.

Most likely, you will need to limit the numbers for single men. Even though at least some of them are not going to turn up anyway.

Make sure you message everyone who said they'd be interested about a week before the planned social. Those who confirm, message the time and location about 2-3 days before.

For future reference, keep the details of those who didn't turn up so you don't invite them to future events (if you decide to hold any). "

This is great information. Thanks very much.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some advice on organising a social. I live in Colchester but sadly there seems to be no organised events in the area at all.

Given the fact that there appears to be no shortage of swingers locally I’m surprised there isn’t at least a monthly get together.

We held a Christmas social in colchester two years ago .. had 4 single guys and 4 couples come along was a good night ..

I’ve never attempted anything like this before and have absolutely no idea where to begin, so all advice will be gratefully received either on this thread or via private message.

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi everyone, I’m hoping to get some advice on organising a social. I live in Colchester but sadly there seems to be no organised events in the area at all.

We held a Christmas social in colchester two years ago .. had 4 single guys and 4 couples come along was a good night ..

"

Choose a venue …then You just put up a social in the meets forum ..

quiet easy .

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Choose a venue …then You just put up a social in the meets forum ..

quiet easy .

"

This part, yes. But not managing the numbers, answering questions that already have been answered on the post about the social, making sure everyone is on the same page and realises it's not going to be instashag, just a way to meet like-minded people fully clothed and to get yourself known. This part is really hard work.

» Add a new message to this topic