FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Opening message

Opening message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, I’m fairly new to the app and I’m struggling with how to open up a conversation when messaging new people on here. Barring the standard “hello, how are you. You look great in your photos, here’s a face pic of me (maybe add something from their bio”

Any tips on what I might be doing wrong or is it just a patience thing ?

Thanks for the help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bump

Say whatever you want, as long as it's respectful of course! . Don't stress over it, if they reply then it's all good, if they don't then just move along

Be yourself, not what someone wants you to be.

Thanks I appreciate that!

I just try to be respectful and polite. be like, Hi! You look great kinda.

I guess if they want to reply they will and any convo after will flow.

Thanks for the help

Check the thread on the bottom of my bio if you've got some time to kill

Is this todays 'first message' thread then?

Seriously, it's becoming like a daily thing now

OP, you'd do well to search the forums for 'first message' and 'opening message' and see what others before you have been told, as it feels like groundhog day for a lot of us, reoeating the same advice over and over

"Check the thread on the bottom of my bio if you've got some time to kill "

I’ll check it out when I get home (on holiday and using my mobile) but thank you very much!

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"Hi, I’m fairly new to the app and I’m struggling with how to open up a conversation when messaging new people on here. Barring the standard “hello, how are you. You look great in your photos, here’s a face pic of me (maybe add something from their bio”

Any tips on what I might be doing wrong or is it just a patience thing ?

Thanks for the help"

Believe me, that's a lot better than most of the messages we get.

The question I try to encourage people to think about is: if you don't know what to say to somebody, why are you trying to talk to them? The chances are, if you are lucky enough to meet, then you are going talk before you have any hope of hitting the sack together. So you need to have something to say to start a conversation.

This is why long profiles are really helpful. They are more likely to give you a conversation-starter.

If I were you, I'd only contact people you have something to say to. If can't find anything of substance to say from what you have seen on their profile, why try to start up a conversation?

I know this might seem like I'm not answering your question, but I think it's an important point. Look for people you think you can have a two-way conversation with, not people you struggle for words with.

"Is this todays 'first message' thread then?

Seriously, it's becoming like a daily thing now

OP, you'd do well to search the forums for 'first message' and 'opening message' and see what others before you have been told, as it feels like groundhog day for a lot of us, reoeating the same advice over and over"

this, oh and profile help, or, cant get a meet etc. please people these topics have been done to death, the search forum button is your friend, and seriously, in real life do you ask people for help when chatting to someone new???

» Add a new message to this topic