FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Swinging with time wasters

Swinging with time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve been swinging now for about 5 years and have many friends I have met along the way but find just recently there has been an over flow of time wasters that ruin it for the genuine swingers.

It’s a shame really because this is how dogging went and now it’s very rare to find genuine doggers.

I guess my concern is that swinging will go the same way.

Happy Fabbing people

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Hopefully it's just Covid/lockdown boredom. Too many (mostly) single guys with nothing better to do have stumbled across Fab and are either using it as dial-a-shag, or just wank fodder.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

So glad clubs are open back up. Don't have to waste your time messaging random people, just turn up and talk to loads of different people.

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

"So glad clubs are open back up. Don't have to waste your time messaging random people, just turn up and talk to loads of different people. "

Exactly this.

We have found this a lot due to a few factors. We don't live together thro the wk due to work commitments and also due to family we only meet every other wkend

I'm so glad clubs are open.

You can't gel with folk on here half as well as in person. It lacks the personal touch.

During my last stint on here about 7 years ago, all of my friends I'd met for real at Infusion.

"So glad clubs are open back up. Don't have to waste your time messaging random people, just turn up and talk to loads of different people.

Exactly this. "

I third this. So much wasted time on here. The amount of couples we chat to for a while and then say ok let’s have a social meet, and they have excuses why they can’t make it out for a couple hours to go to a pub. Clubs cut straight through all that.

Haven't met a timewaster yet,just saying

I agree with you, too many people wanting to chat, send pics and then nothing comes of it.

Waste of time and energy, fortunately we can already leave the house for the club and that's where we meet next time.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"So glad clubs are open back up. Don't have to waste your time messaging random people, just turn up and talk to loads of different people.

Exactly this. "

This is how it works best for us as well

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I think people will always want sex. Couples might stick to clubs and private parties to stop having their time wasted.

I'm not sure I have the patience to look for another couple on the internet.

By *asteregg01Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Exactly this.

This is how it works best for us as well "

I only meet in clubs, so it cuts out all the bulls***.

Works for me

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I meet mainly in clubs but would meet a female or single lass if I knew them from club scene

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

There plenty of genuine swingers on Fab ,you just have to know how to spot them

Club night planned for the bonk holiday Monday. Cant wait.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I think the southwest scene is hanging on by thread. Barely any clubs and barely any genuine people it would seem.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's probably more chaff amongst the wheat now, after Covid.

When you have very select tastes, you expect that most of us will just not be compatible, for tastes, preferences, availability etc. I think a lot of our disquiet can be settled, if we create realistic expectations. I'm fairly thorough and take my time - some of the atrophy of users happens naturally along the way.

By *ovingeachotherCouple  over a year ago

Devizes

"I think the southwest scene is hanging on by thread. Barely any clubs and barely any genuine people it would seem.

"

hubby and I said the same thing tonight x

"I think the southwest scene is hanging on by thread. Barely any clubs and barely any genuine people it would seem.

hubby and I said the same thing tonight x"

tbf think its the same everywhere, alot of dreamers, but not many who can walk the walk

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

hubby and I said the same thing tonight x

tbf think its the same everywhere, alot of dreamers, but not many who can walk the walk"

Fuckboys and fantasists is my new nickname

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

There's definitely been a marked increase in the number of fakes, dreamers and wannabees in the last 18 months or so...

....I've lost count of how many "want to watch you fuck my wife/partner/girlfriend" type approaches and subsequent message exchanges have led absolutely nowhere except for sudden ends to the conversations...

....in most instances, pics were provided, dates when in the area given, and in one case, even the name of the hotel (just down the road) was mentioned - then, inexplicably, silence...

....it all gets very tiresome after a while...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

How do fakes “ruin it”?

By *aughtynottsCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Hopefully it's just Covid/lockdown boredom. Too many (mostly) single guys with nothing better to do have stumbled across Fab and are either using it as dial-a-shag, or just wank fodder."

Absolutely agree here an influx of newbie couples cancelling social meets at the last minute and ones only verified by cam wanting to have a dirty talk booty call at midnight. lol annoying but it’s life you win some you loose some

By *ekkatransTV/TS  over a year ago

Scarborough

Happened to me today, been chatting to a guy for 3 weeks and he was eager to meet, we arranged it for today. I spend time getting ready so I looked nice for him, lo and behold I checked for a message from him and his profile was gone. He even asked me last night if it was ok for today, a complete time waster. He wasn’t even a new member but had been on over a year. Anyway, he’s history.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Pretty sure the clubs are full of real swingers

By *ekkatransTV/TS  over a year ago

Scarborough

"Pretty sure the clubs are full of real swingers"

I’m gonna give clubs a try, hate my time being wasted

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Dogging got ruined by the web..

As soon as the idiots saw a location, it was flooded by selfish aggressive single 'I am everything' types or gangs of spotty youths in vw golfs and other hot hatchs with overly loud sound systems pulling in and shouting abuse. Regular users of these spots all knew me (as a decent friendly non intrusive bloke). When the morons started turning up, I turned up on my motorbike and gave them a quick blast of sirens! Did that a few times and boyracerdotcom soon stopped turning up. Usually ensured a few months happy dogging/cruising - I even got a few thank yous

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Id love to go to a club, but tbh cant dmfind any near me without a big entry fee (no income at all since cv19 kicked off)

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

"Dogging got ruined by the web..

As soon as the idiots saw a location, it was flooded by selfish aggressive single 'I am everything' types or gangs of spotty youths in vw golfs and other hot hatchs with overly loud sound systems pulling in and shouting abuse. Regular users of these spots all knew me (as a decent friendly non intrusive bloke). When the morons started turning up, I turned up on my motorbike and gave them a quick blast of sirens! Did that a few times and boyracerdotcom soon stopped turning up. Usually ensured a few months happy dogging/cruising - I even got a few thank yous

, "

Brilliant.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Timewasters? What's a timewaster? Someone who's just very choosy and doesn't immediately agree to meet for sex or someone who chats a bit, exchanges a few pics and then decides, for whatever reason, that what they need just isn't there?

Certainly someone who arranges to meet and then just doesn't show up or (in the case of a couple) turns out to be a guy who shows up alone is a timewaster. Guys who pose as couples are also fakes and timewasters.

Yes there are people here who have no intention of meeting and just want dirty chat and wank material. To that end they'll say/promise all sorts of stuff to get what they want and then disappear. Even if they are reported and banned there's no way to stop them opening a succession of accounts and repeating the process. Timewasters, yes.

What we do find is that the label is rather easily tossed around and often applied to people who just aren't looking for indiscriminate sex with whoever sends them a crass one liner and a couple of cock shots. That stems from the mindset of a number of guys here who don't even bother to read profiles before making contact, seem to think that everyone ought to want the same thing they do and get abusive when you turn them down.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"There plenty of genuine swingers on Fab ,you just have to know how to spot them "

"I’ve been swinging now for about 5 years and have many friends I have met along the way but find just recently there has been an over flow of time wasters that ruin it for the genuine swingers.

It’s a shame really because this is how dogging went and now it’s very rare to find genuine doggers.

I guess my concern is that swinging will go the same way.

Happy Fabbing people "

Fingers crossed it improves for all..

I certainly had more choice and people of the same mindset eight years ago on Fab.

I'd be lucky to find a guy in my area, who I'm attracted to and wanting to meet for a social, without the pressure of sex on a first meet.

I think work and other commitments, are having to be fulfilled first - unfortunately people forget this in the passionate heat of conversation!

Fab has become more of a social hub for people rather than a site to meet, but that's down to the people using it, not Fab itself.

I agree that clubs and socials are by far the best way to meet and greet people of a similar nature. That saves so much time, hassle and disappointment of being let down.

The best thing about this place is the fact you can chat and introduce yourself to people from all over the country and make online friends, without the pressure of meeting.

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"How do fakes “ruin it”? "
Cause us 'fakes ' fakes orgarsms

"Hopefully it's just Covid/lockdown boredom. Too many (mostly) single guys with nothing better to do have stumbled across Fab and are either using it as dial-a-shag, or just wank fodder."

Totally agree on the Dail a Shag comment

This site is full of timewasters , fakes, dreamers . Always has been and always will be.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Exactly this. "

Organised socials as well

By *eester GreyMan  over a year ago

Welwyn

You are not wrong. I've had people make detailed arrangements then block me. I just don't understand. If you get cold feet that's fine ...just let me know.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Been swinging for 23 years and on fab originally since 2011 (though did take a time out for a year at one point as had no free time).

Whilst they've always existed on the site it's never been as bad as it is right now. Fab is absolutely over run with time wasters, dreamers, fakes and wanna bes at the moment.

For example, pre covid we never had an issue with actual fake accounts as the veri system and message filters sorted that out for us but post covid weve had to deal with several "verified" couples accounts that was really just a guy posing as a couple. Its ow made us rather wary of meeting people that are only webcam or photo verified.

I (male half) also went to a private gang bang where bar one other person, I was the only guy to turn up (7 or 8 others had confirmed they where coming I belive). Suited me as I had the lovely lady to myself for a few hours but its beside the point.

We as a couple also held a social event a few weeks back and whilst lots of people did attend, the ones who didnt turn up where the 20 or so single guys who put their names on the list.

No nice way to put it but it's all guys causing this. Its guys making the fake accounts, its single guys not attending events and its single guys leading other single guys up the garden path on this site. On a site that's already sausage heavy, you can see the problem.

As of now, everyone we know is feeling the same as us and wary of meets through fab from accounts with minimal verifications with the consensus being clubs and socials seem to be the best way to meet, not fab directly as it's hard to know who is legit and who isnt.

Now hopefully this is all just a carry over from lockdown boredom or maybe it's just something that's unique to the area we live in but hope things settle back to normal soon.

By *omethingfun96Couple  over a year ago

greater london

"So glad clubs are open back up. Don't have to waste your time messaging random people, just turn up and talk to loads of different people. "

This is how it works for us too, can't beat the atmosphere in a club too

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I keep reading the title and thinking how would you be swinging with timewasters, surely they wouldn't turn up so you wouldn't be

Admin can't do anything about someone changing their mind and blocking you but if you think someone is fake please report the profile explaining why and it will be checked out