FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Appearance restrictions

Appearance restrictions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've noticed a certain club on this site is imposing appearance restrictions for admittance to one of its "events"...ie fit/athletic only...do any of you more rotund people find this insulting?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Us 'rotund' folks don't give a flying fuck!

Nobody forces you to look at us extra padding people

You're not so skinny yourself, lay off the pies

"Us 'rotund' folks don't give a flying fuck!

Nobody forces you to look at us extra padding people

You're not so skinny yourself, lay off the pies "

Oh dear

Couldn't give a shit tbh... There are different nights for all sorts of people, why worry yourselves when it might not be your thing?

By *andkitten2Couple  over a year ago

Folkestone

Tell us where please, we’re going!

By *olidOak85Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Couldn't give a shit tbh... There are different nights for all sorts of people, why worry yourselves when it might not be your thing? "

"Tell us where please, we’re going! "

I suggest you look through the Swingers Clubs" threads

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Be interested to know how exactly they determine who is fit/athletic.

Doesn't sound like it'd be my cup of tea, but I certainly wouldn't bother my fat arse over it, no different to events aimed at other specific groups really.

"Be interested to know how exactly they determine who is fit/athletic. "

I don't know either, all I know is, the person organising the event is neither fit or athletic...far from it. They must have an eye for deciding who's acceptable, maybe a BMI check at the door...who knows.

Why worry yourself with it ? Everyone has their preferences

"Why worry yourself with it ? Everyone has their preferences"

I'm not worried, I just wondered what peoples opinions were.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

No different to the curvy girl or bbw nights you see advertised and those nights where only people below a certain age are allowed to go. Different nights for different people it all part of their marketing strategy which ensure the club provides a service for its customers and ensures it survives.

"No different to the curvy girl or bbw nights you see advertised and those nights where only people below a certain age are allowed to go. Different nights for different people it all part of their marketing strategy which ensure the club provides a service for its customers and ensures it survives."

What's the difference between a curvy girl and a BBW, can a BBW turn up at a curvy girl night...?

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

It is what it is. Tbf its probably easier. I suspect a lot of people with a fit body shape wouldn't want to meet us. So saves the awkward conversations, etc.

"Be interested to know how exactly they determine who is fit/athletic.

I don't know either, all I know is, the person organising the event is neither fit or athletic...far from it. They must have an eye for deciding who's acceptable, maybe a BMI check at the door...who knows. "

Wow! This has really pissed you off, huh?

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. I go to BBW nights because I’m a big girl, I go to interracial parties because I’m attracted to black men. I like that there are parties that cater for what I like and for what I look like. I’d much rather go to a niche party like that and I’m sure others would too.

A general night in my local swingers club does nothing for me at all.

I think it’s a bit silly to get them hump because you aren’t the target market for a particular club night.

I don't know either, all I know is, the person organising the event is neither fit or athletic...far from it. They must have an eye for deciding who's acceptable, maybe a BMI check at the door...who knows.

Wow! This has really pissed you off, huh? "

No I just wanted to see what the overweight community thought

"No different to the curvy girl or bbw nights you see advertised and those nights where only people below a certain age are allowed to go. Different nights for different people it all part of their marketing strategy which ensure the club provides a service for its customers and ensures it survives.

What's the difference between a curvy girl and a BBW, can a BBW turn up at a curvy girl night...? "

No difference.

Its like the forums.

It doesn't matter what someone looks like, it depends how they behave.

Some people think they're good looking, but have a shit attitude and do things for a reaction to gain attention.

Some people aren't so confident, but have natural beauty and compassion.

Some people are just arseholes through and through.

Everyone sees that.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

"No different to the curvy girl or bbw nights you see advertised and those nights where only people below a certain age are allowed to go. Different nights for different people it all part of their marketing strategy which ensure the club provides a service for its customers and ensures it survives.

What's the difference between a curvy girl and a BBW, can a BBW turn up at a curvy girl night...? "

No idea it just the names they give the parties never been.

Plymouth

I believe a certain London based club vets people and weight/looks are included in that.

Doesn't bother us

Mind you we live in the south west. There are barely any clubs so themed nights dont happen here

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

I don't think it's a huge problem, same as any other theme night. And at the end of the day, if it were a local club I'd either not go on that night, or if it were a requirement for membership I'd just go elsewhere. I'm not going to lose sleep over not being wanted or the right type.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Couldn't give a shit tbh... There are different nights for all sorts of people, why worry yourselves when it might not be your thing? "

That's my feeling on it too. I wouldn't ask to attend because I'm very clearly not the target demographic for that night.

No skin off my nose, there are other nights that would be a better fit for me.

Swerve that one, plenty more clubs who'd appreciate your presence and money

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I only go to ‘Bi nights’ now at a certain club, due to their policy of checking your profile and verifications to ensure you’re actually bisexual. I find these nights are better for meeting similar people with the same outlook. Often easier to have fun that night as well

So I can’t be hypocritical over a club doing the same for more attractive or athletic type people.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

There are a few clubs that you have to send a photo to to see whether you can be accepted to be a member! So my solution is to avoid those clubs because what they may find attractive doesn't mean I will.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I've noticed a certain club on this site is imposing appearance restrictions for admittance to one of its "events"...ie fit/athletic only...do any of you more rotund people find this insulting? "

No. Their event, their choice. Some bbw nights (not mine ) have starting sizes. Should the fit/athletic people be insulted by that?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

No I just wanted to see what the overweight community thought "

While having a dig at the organiser of the event?! Stay classy dude

give me a club with a nixture of everyday people anyday no way id go to a ''fit night'' just as much as id not go to a ''bbw only night'' i prefere the ''everybody nights'' where no one is out of place

mixture*

By *portyndNaughtyMan  over a year ago

Nearby Hinckley

When I see any sort of restrictions or a waiting list for single men I move on. Too many clubs and options available. Besides, why on earth I would feel offended. Their club/party their choice.

As many said I rather be on a place where all are welcome, usually much better chance to find a connection.

"I've noticed a certain club on this site is imposing appearance restrictions for admittance to one of its "events"...ie fit/athletic only...do any of you more rotund people find this insulting? "

As a stout man,no,I don't find it offensive,not everything is about what I want

I have no sense of entitlement,if my appearance isn't acceptable in certain venues,why would I want to go, somewhere I'd most probably feel uncomfortable?

By *issAphroditeWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

They have BBW nights so I guess this is the other side of that coin.

But same as with BBW, how do they define the perimeters? When does average become slim, when does slim become skinny? Is Dad Bod allowed?

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Guess the big difference is an interracial night allows people from all ethnic origins in, a bbw night let's folk of all shapes and sizes in. A night like this is quite discriminate. It's not something that appeals to us, as we like to meet a large variety of people. There's also nights for under 40's again discriminating against age, but hey ho each to their own. Life's too short to let if bother us.

By *igger2Man  over a year ago

Neston

Maybe it's a typo and should be fat/apathetic because it seems no one gives a fuck

I don't see an issue with it. Owners can run their club how they see fit. Maybe they are catering to what their customers want. Some clubs have nights for large women only or couples and single women only, I don't see a big difference, they are only catering to what their customers want. You wouldn't be interested in sleeping with someone who isn't interested in sleeping with you.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Maybe it's a typo and should be fat/apathetic because it seems no one gives a fuck "

I'd go to a fat/apathetic night!

By *igger2Man  over a year ago

Neston

"Maybe it's a typo and should be fat/apathetic because it seems no one gives a fuck "

In all seriousness I would prefer to go to an event that I felt that I fit in with. Having a music themed night like a punk music or rock night is similar in my opinion, so it doesn't bother me if the club's specify a target audience

Here and There

"Guess the big difference is an interracial night allows people from all ethnic origins in, a bbw night let's folk of all shapes and sizes in. A night like this is quite discriminate. It's not something that appeals to us, as we like to meet a large variety of people. There's also nights for under 40's again discriminating against age, but hey ho each to their own. Life's too short to let if bother us. "

Some BBW parties don’t let anyone in below a certain dress size. I think the reason behind it was that the bigger girls were sick of going to BBW events with smaller women and men attracted to normal size women being there and them still feeling as uncomfortable as they often do on a regular club night.

Some club goers like the variety, some don’t. Some want it to be very niche. If I could pick a party that catered just to my taste I would definitely go. I wouldn’t want to go to a party aimed at people who aren’t like be, what would be the point.

leeds

"

Some BBW parties don’t let anyone in below a certain dress size. I think the reason behind it was that the bigger girls were sick of going to BBW events with smaller women and men attracted to normal size women being there and them still feeling as uncomfortable as they often do on a regular club night."

Not sure of others, but the ones we've attended haven't else we wouldn't have been allowed in.

No doubt the events you speak of don't impose the rules on the single men, where as the fore mentioned event is imposing the rules for all we'd expect.

As we've already said, these things really don't bother us.

We do though prefer to meet a wide variety of people and attend all kinds of various events.

Here and There

"

Some BBW parties don’t let anyone in below a certain dress size. I think the reason behind it was that the bigger girls were sick of going to BBW events with smaller women and men attracted to normal size women being there and them still feeling as uncomfortable as they often do on a regular club night.

Not sure of others, but the ones we've attended haven't else we wouldn't have been allowed in.

No doubt the events you speak of don't impose the rules on the single men, where as the fore mentioned event is imposing the rules for all we'd expect.

We do though prefer to meet a wide variety of people and attend all kinds of various events. "

I haven’t been to them either, they’re mainly down south I think. But I think you’re right, the size restriction is only for ladies as it’s a BBW targeted event.

I am curious though, why a slim lady would go to a BBW event? Were you there accidentally? Or was it a choice? (That’s a genuine question out of curiosity btw, not confrontational)

leeds

"

We do though prefer to meet a wide variety of people and attend all kinds of various events.

I haven’t been to them either, they’re mainly down south I think. But I think you’re right, the size restriction is only for ladies as it’s a BBW targeted event.

I am curious though, why a slim lady would go to a BBW event? Were you there accidentally? Or was it a choice? (That’s a genuine question out of curiosity btw, not confrontational) "

It's a reasonable question to ask. Very much through choice. We like people of all shapes and sizes, so why not enjoy a good night out

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

No, I don't find any insult in that. Different people like different looks, so they want that type at their party. That's entirely up to the organisers. They don't owe a place to anybody.

No I just wanted to see what the overweight community thought "

As an ambassador for the over weight community we are shocked and appalled by this blatant discrimination and demand you name and shame this organisation so we can March with placards and protest that our human rights are being denied. Unless its on Thursday as wetherspoons are reducing the prices on its menu and we'll be herding up there in our masses ready to get our nose bags on and pump up those bmi numbers ;-p

Though day to be a fatty on fab

Here and There

"

I am curious though, why a slim lady would go to a BBW event? Were you there accidentally? Or was it a choice? (That’s a genuine question out of curiosity btw, not confrontational)

It's a reasonable question to ask. Very much through choice. We like people of all shapes and sizes, so why not enjoy a good night out "

Interesting, so you were there to appreciate the bigger girls. That makes sense. I suppose thin people don’t just find thin people attractive.

Plymouth

"

It's a reasonable question to ask. Very much through choice. We like people of all shapes and sizes, so why not enjoy a good night out "

I find your reply interesting as a lot of people in our neck of the woods don't like bigger body shapes. Was starting to really get me down. Nice to know its not everyone

I’d definitely like to attend a club with this theme. It’s no more offensive than any other themed night IMO

By * little bit naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Bedford

We “applied” to an event that required us to submit photos. The organiser came back and said we weren’t the right type, nothing personal.

Umm, if you aren’t inviting us because of our age/looks/size, it’s nothing but personal,lol!

I don’t mind not being invited- it’s their party, after all, but had to laugh at what they thought was “personal”

i was a bit offended by some age restrictions at a club set at35 to 59 ....... i look better and am fitter than most 59 year olds i know but they wont let me in !!!

On the flip side we're not allowed to attend curvy girls at our local club cos Tee is below a certain dress size even though we are friends with some of the lovely attendees & have played together on normal club nights.... it's their rules so just have to suck it up

I think the OP's actual point is that deciding who is fit,cwho is not, is downbto the arbitrary decision of a club owner. Pretty much like being subjected to the whims of a bouncer with regards to how smart you are dressed.

Ultimately, it's down to two people to judge if they find each other fit enough, not to a third party with their own bias.

So, whether it applies to me one way or another, they can get lost.

Yes it's insulting. How dare they invite people they are attracted to. People should fuck whoever asks!! Size shape age height race none of it matters.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Suppose it's no different to a BBW night or anything else really. Gives you a night to avoid if that's not your thing, or a reason to book to day after off work

Agreed with the above. No different to a club night aimed at say BBWs.

Or a club with a dress code, members only clubs where it's the amount of money in your account that gets you in.

Doesn't bother us in the slightest.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

This thread has got me thinking about the practicality of a night with a height restriction.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

I think it’s great that clubs are doing night aimed at specific body types/themes

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Who cares

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

No problem for me. There are some nights aimed at under 45s with a slim/athletic body. All of my FWBs fit into those categories but I don’t so we go elsewhere.

» Add a new message to this topic