FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Brighton.

Brighton.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r mrs p OP   Couple  over a year ago

taunton

Hi, we are visiting Brighton on the 6th & 7th of September & wondered if anyone could suggest any lively bars for us to visit. ( our pub crawl days are long gone )

Many thanks

Mr mrs P

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We are there from the 5th to the 10th and plan a visit to BGHS which looks an amazing place to spend a few hours.

Tony

taunton

"We are there from the 5th to the 10th and plan a visit to BGHS which looks an amazing place to spend a few hours.

Tony"

We will have to google it

By *onny135Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

The Regency Tavern is a good laugh. Very nice bar, which has drag acts on Friday and Saturday nights. Google them and give them a call. A group of us went in mid July, the weekend before restrictions ended and it was a great night in there.

taunton

"The Regency Tavern is a good laugh. Very nice bar, which has drag acts on Friday and Saturday nights. Google them and give them a call. A group of us went in mid July, the weekend before restrictions ended and it was a great night in there."

Thankyou we will have a look

Depends what kind of bar you like, but a lot of people go down east of the pier where there's the Bar Revenge, Charles Street Tap, the Amsterdam and, a bit further up, Legends (where there's a dance floor downstairs). Parallel to the sea is St James's Street where there are a lot of lively bars. If you want somewhere quieter, try the Camelford Arms, which is nearby. There are also several nice ones by the sea both sides of the pier. If you go to BGHS, which I also recommend, there's a nice pub with good food nearby called the Daddy Long Legs.

taunton

"Depends what kind of bar you like, but a lot of people go down east of the pier where there's the Bar Revenge, Charles Street Tap, the Amsterdam and, a bit further up, Legends (where there's a dance floor downstairs). Parallel to the sea is St James's Street where there are a lot of lively bars. If you want somewhere quieter, try the Camelford Arms, which is nearby. There are also several nice ones by the sea both sides of the pier. If you go to BGHS, which I also recommend, there's a nice pub with good food nearby called the Daddy Long Legs."

Wow thank you Johnny a great selection there, Legends sounds good,a lively pub plus a dance floor, whats not to like

By *ach3Man  over a year ago

Watford

BGHS - sorry what does this stand for?

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

"BGHS - sorry what does this stand for?"

Bristol gardens health spa.. I will probably be there on the 11th. afternoon..

By *arklong88Man  over a year ago

portslade

Bgns closes at 10.00 remember..there's bar 32 dukes lane which is lively!

If you want bars in Central Brighton, there are some great ones in the lanes... Cricketers is great on the old lanes or me bar by the library does awesome cocktails and there are loads of sexy people to ogle ha ha

Happy to be a guide lol

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

There's also a nudist beach a little bit further down the coast but still in Brighton although the map shows it to be in Shoreham.

Not a bar but nice if it's not too brisk.

taunton

[Removed by poster at 31/08/21 20:24:35]

taunton

"Bgns closes at 10.00 remember..there's bar 32 dukes lane which is lively!"

Talk about mixed reviews on Tripadviser

taunton

"Happy to be a guide lol "

Well thank you for the offer kind sir

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple  over a year ago

Cheam

"We are there from the 5th to the 10th and plan a visit to BGHS which looks an amazing place to spend a few hours.

Tony"

Definitely a great place to visit

taunton

"There's also a nudist beach a little bit further down the coast but still in Brighton although the map shows it to be in Shoreham.

Not a bar but nice if it's not too brisk."

Thank you, we will have a wander down there ( if its not tooooo cold )

taunton

Tony

Definitely a great place to visit "

Its second on our list......after Sainsbury's

Shoreham does have an ok shopping centre .. lol

The nudist beach is preferable in my opinion on.. less meerkats

By *ampshire2Couple  over a year ago

Dummer

Kemptown side of brighton for fun bars

We’re visiting 15-19 and also hoping to find some lovely entertainment with a mature audience

taunton

"Shoreham does have an ok shopping centre .. lol

The nudist beach is preferable in my opinion on.. less meerkats"

Ssshhhhhh dont mention shopping to Mrs P, it could turn into an expensive break.

taunton

"Kemptown side of brighton for fun bars "

Thanks we will check the area out

taunton

"We’re visiting 15-19 and also hoping to find some lovely entertainment with a mature audience "

If we discover any 'interesting ' places we will pass them on to you

By *oakingforyouWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Sussex

I agree with other posters, Bristol Gardens is a good place if you want to relax and enjoy spa facilities plus you can take advantage of the rest rooms. Take trip advisor with a large pinch of salt! The Marina has plenty of choice from a restaurant point of view. There is free parking not far away. During the day, BGHS will have single people, but after a certain time it’s just couples. Have a good time in Brighton and if you end up I’m the Laines go visit The Mesmerist.

"I agree with other posters, Bristol Gardens is a good place if you want to relax and enjoy spa facilities plus you can take advantage of the rest rooms. Take trip advisor with a large pinch of salt! The Marina has plenty of choice from a restaurant point of view. There is free parking not far away. During the day, BGHS will have single people, but after a certain time it’s just couples. Have a good time in Brighton and if you end up I’m the Laines go visit The Mesmerist. "

Its only saturday and sunday evenings that are couple only, weekdays singles are allowed till closing time.. unless its changed very recently..

taunton

"I agree with other posters, Bristol Gardens is a good place if you want to relax and enjoy spa facilities plus you can take advantage of the rest rooms. Take trip advisor with a large pinch of salt! The Marina has plenty of choice from a restaurant point of view. There is free parking not far away. During the day, BGHS will have single people, but after a certain time it’s just couples. Have a good time in Brighton and if you end up I’m the Laines go visit The Mesmerist. "

Hi,thank you for all that info, we will check out the Mesmerist,we popped along to the lanes today but only briefly. Is the free parking in the sea

"I agree with other posters, Bristol Gardens is a good place if you want to relax and enjoy spa facilities plus you can take advantage of the rest rooms. Take trip advisor with a large pinch of salt! The Marina has plenty of choice from a restaurant point of view. There is free parking not far away. During the day, BGHS will have single people, but after a certain time it’s just couples. Have a good time in Brighton and if you end up I’m the Laines go visit The Mesmerist.

Hi,thank you for all that info, we will check out the Mesmerist,we popped along to the lanes today but only briefly. Is the free parking in the sea "

Free parking, Brighton.. lol. You have to go out of town for free parking.. there is a park and ride out by the university

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"I agree with other posters, Bristol Gardens is a good place if you want to relax and enjoy spa facilities plus you can take advantage of the rest rooms. Take trip advisor with a large pinch of salt! The Marina has plenty of choice from a restaurant point of view. There is free parking not far away. During the day, BGHS will have single people, but after a certain time it’s just couples. Have a good time in Brighton and if you end up I’m the Laines go visit The Mesmerist.

Hi,thank you for all that info, we will check out the Mesmerist,we popped along to the lanes today but only briefly. Is the free parking in the sea "

Park at the marina and get the bus in. Still much cheaper than parking in the centre.

Big car park by the marina free

taunton

"Big car park by the marina free"

Hi,thanks we used it today.We are using the 'justpark' site tomorrow as we intend to be in town longer than the 4 hours.

Park at my place if you like xx

They never check the four hour thing!!!

"They never check the four hour thing!!!"

Yes they do I got a bloody ticket there a couple of years ago and from asda as they have the anpr camera there

taunton

"They never check the four hour thing!!!"

We thought it must be by number plate recognition so didn't risk it.

taunton

We would just like to thank everybody who suggested places for us to visit.

Both on this thread & via private message.We didn't manage to try all of them but we will be back so maybe next time.

Bghs was without doubt the best suggestion & next time we are near we will go again.

Glad you enjoyed BGHS. x

» Add a new message to this topic