FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Is it just me ???

Is it just me ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ED00 OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Devon... Torbaydos

Pre Covid I was meeting, not lots but I was going out for socials and sometimes more. Didnt have a problem, I was enjoying myself and life was good.

Then Covid hit and since then, my confidence has packed its bag and done one. I'm chatting and making "friends" on here but I cant bring myself to meet. I'm full of self doubt and get stuck in my head.

Anyone else feel.like this since dam Covid ??

I'd like to start meeting but just cant take the plunge.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

I think a lot of people have similar feelings, I know I do. I’m finding it difficult even getting back out there socially, doing things where I can keep my mask on and keep my distance, and the thought of getting up close and personal with people makes me anxious.

By *traight_no_iceMan  over a year ago

Stoke

What are your doubts? What are your fears?

What makes you feel hesitant?

South Devon... Torbaydos

"I think a lot of people have similar feelings, I know I do. I’m finding it difficult even getting back out there socially, doing things where I can keep my mask on and keep my distance, and the thought of getting up close and personal with people makes me anxious."

I know its nuts. I've been out a few times with friends and have been fine. It's just the whole meeting strangers thing I think.

South Devon... Torbaydos

"What are your doubts? What are your fears?

What makes you feel hesitant?"

That's just it I dont know. Maybe it's me thinking there is an expectation, after all its a sex site, Im just over thinking things I think !

By *eester GreyMan  over a year ago

Welwyn

You are not alone. If you have been jabbed or not, it takes a lot to overcome the fear that the next person you meet could make you very unwell or worse. It's a different reality we find ourselves in but one I'm sure will get back to where we were .... eventually x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Pre Covid I was meeting, not lots but I was going out for socials and sometimes more. Didnt have a problem, I was enjoying myself and life was good.

Then Covid hit and since then, my confidence has packed its bag and done one. I'm chatting and making "friends" on here but I cant bring myself to meet. I'm full of self doubt and get stuck in my head.

I'd like to start meeting but just cant take the plunge. "

Covid has affected us all and in many different ways. What you're feeling isn't just you. I've felt that too. For me the answer was to go meet one of my new fab friends and personally after his lips kiss you, there won't be any doubts as to how gorgeous and desirable you are

South Devon... Torbaydos

Ohhh and I do love a good snog. I need to pucker up and ho for it x

"Pre Covid I was meeting, not lots but I was going out for socials and sometimes more. Didnt have a problem, I was enjoying myself and life was good.

I am the same...my confidence has legged it down the road...

It's still strange times. I want to start meeting again and having fun but it's hard to get back in the swing of things...

By *ister-mischiefMan  over a year ago

Trafford

I dont think you are the only one OP there are many that feel the same or similar as others have said. I would say dont think your odd or unusual at how you feel! Just take your time stepping back into it if you feel more comfortable i am sure other people will understand or at least they should do!. Its been a strange year or so for us all.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"Anyone else feel.like this since dam Covid ?? "

Yup, we were same. But we just went back out there and realised we missed it!

South Devon... Torbaydos

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit more normal lol x

"Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit more normal lol x"

I'm the same as well. I'm very wary of meeting anyone from here now even though I'm double jabbed and seen my friends. Makes me wonder if I'll ever meet anyone on here again x

. I know how you feel pre covid I was very social on here always meeting new people for a, drink and now its like I'm scared of the risk even through I'm double jabbed

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Force yourself to do it.

The only person who can truly change your situation is you. Find someone you would like to meet and just do it. Even if it's a social meet, it's the first step and you can grow your confidence back from there.

I could.offer all the advice I the world but ultimetly you have to take that leap to get back out there.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm just very cautious now and had decided, before the last restrictions ended, to just start very slowly and to see how things go, with the virus and myself. I'm not putting myself in the situations to have meets just now, as the increased infection levels concern me. I'm hesitant and don't feel like I used to.

I think OP it's natural for you to feel this way. The only pressure we may get is our own. I'd hold back and wait until you feel differently.

By *ripodius WillyusMan  over a year ago

Colne

Its not a confidence issue for me personally my concern covid esp the delta one which seems to be taking off again.

I have had both jabs few health issues thus far not had covid.

Its more about trust in other people.

No way will I go back to clubs for forseeable future as for me not chancing it.

By *ebwizMan  over a year ago

Clevedon

Although i am comfortable myself regarding the covid thing, i know a few guys and there partners who have caught it after being double jabbed too.me and wife may look at a club again one day but certainly wont be this year, wary of lots of people close up, and probably heavy breathing in more confined area's than say in shops.

I think the whole feel on fab this year has been much flatter than usual.

I can't seem to meet anyone on here i still think Covid has a lot to do with it plus getting close to a stranger to.im just about feeling at ease going to our local seafront and park with my daughter .

Its like starting all over again.

First time nerves have taken over the confidence people once had.

Going out and meeting people when doing every day chores, was and still, replaced with online shopping, banking, chatting and so on.

With reduced human physical contact and interaction, we became insular for our own protection.

Guidelines that divided families and friends stopped any connection, which put doubts in our minds about our own abilities to function as we once did in normal circumstances.

We are now building on what has been stripped down, our confidence, connections and affections.

Slowly, but surely, we will regain that confidence and personality, but with a lot more caution.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit more normal lol x"

Just do it, nothing better than that first kiss!

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes xx take it day by day x

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Its like starting all over again.

First time nerves have taken over the confidence people once had.

Going out and meeting people when doing every day chores, was and still, replaced with online shopping, banking, chatting and so on.

With reduced human physical contact and interaction, we became insular for our own protection.

Guidelines that divided families and friends stopped any connection, which put doubts in our minds about our own abilities to function as we once did in normal circumstances.

We are now building on what has been stripped down, our confidence, connections and affections.

Slowly, but surely, we will regain that confidence and personality, but with a lot more caution."

I does feel like starting again. I've had some socials recently but I'm finding it tough moving from a social to more. My confidence is shot and I can't remember ever feeling less sexy.

Thankfully there is a guy I'd met a couple of times pre-covid who I'm very comfortable with, so it didn't feel quite as daunting meeting up with him as it does meeting up with someone new.

OP this should be fun. Don't put pressure on yourself, move at your own pace and if you aren't ready to meet up then don't feel as though you *have* to until you're good and ready.

» Add a new message to this topic